The Monday Night Wars: Opposing Force

spacer.png

During their mid-1995 meeting, Turner asked Bischoff how WCW could compete with the WWF. Bischoff, not expecting Turner to comply, said that the only way would be a prime-time slot on a weekday night, possibly up against the WWF's flagship show Monday Night Raw. Surprisingly for Bischoff, Turner granted him one live hour on TNT every Monday night, which specifically overlapped with Raw.

Raw originated from The Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center, a New York City theater, and aired live each week. The combination of an intimate venue and live action proved highly successful. However, the weekly live schedule became a financial drain on the WWF, and the company began taping shows; sometimes up to a month's worth of shows were taped at a time.

The NWA World Title Tournament was a live supercard held by NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling on August 27, 1994. Shane Douglas and 2 Cold Scorpio made it to the final. After winning Douglas threw down the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, stating that he did not want to be champion of a "dead promotion". He then raised the Eastern Championship Wrestling title and declared it to be a world heavyweight championship. With this event, Eastern Championship Wrestling seceded from the NWA and became Extreme Championship Wrestling.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

McMahon, Bischoff, Heyman.
WWF, WCW, ECW.

I will be running be running all three, as historically acurate as possible but changing little things along the way.
There are a lot of baddies in wrestling, we all know this, I just want to book something as close to history.

This is my first diary here so I hope everything is above board and working.
The first post will be RAW, originally WWF Monday Night RAW did not air that night on the USA Network that night due to U.S. Open tennis coverage and WCW Monday Nitro ran unopposed. However both shows will be ran tonight as this is the DLC version of the war.

...more to come

Edited by StanMiguel
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, StanMiguel said:

spacer.png

During their mid-1995 meeting, Turner asked Bischoff how WCW could compete with the WWF. Bischoff, not expecting Turner to comply, said that the only way would be a prime-time slot on a weekday night, possibly up against the WWF's flagship show Monday Night Raw. Surprisingly for Bischoff, Turner granted him one live hour on TNT every Monday night, which specifically overlapped with Raw.

Raw originated from The Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center, a New York City theater, and aired live each week. The combination of an intimate venue and live action proved highly successful. However, the weekly live schedule became a financial drain on the WWF, and the company began taping shows; sometimes up to a month's worth of shows were taped at a time.

The NWA World Title Tournament was a live supercard held by NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling on August 27, 1994. Shane Douglas and 2 Cold Scorpio made it to the final. After winning Douglas threw down the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, stating that he did not want to be champion of a "dead promotion". He then raised the Eastern Championship Wrestling title and declared it to be a world heavyweight championship. With this event, Eastern Championship Wrestling seceded from the NWA and became Extreme Championship Wrestling.

McMahon, Bischoff, Heyman.
WWF, WCW, ECW.

I will be running be running all three, as historically acurate as possible but changing little things along the way.
There are a lot of baddies in wrestling, we all know this, I just want to book something as close to history.

This is my first diary here so I hope everything is above board and working.
The first post will be RAW, originally WWF Monday Night RAW did not air that night on the USA Network that night due to U.S. Open tennis coverage and WCW Monday Nitro ran unopposed. However both shows will be ran tonight as this is the DLC version of the war.

...more to come

1. The thing that preempted Raw was the westminster kennel club dog show, not the U.S. Open. 2. What does dlc mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonny912 said:

1. The thing that preempted Raw was the westminster kennel club dog show, not the U.S. Open. 2. What does dlc mean?

Ah yes I forgot about the dog show, RAW was booted off airing for a few reasons that day from the dog show, to the tennis and even curling in Canada. DLC is just downloadable content, usually that extra package added to a video game that gives additional content. Thats kinda what I feel like I'm doing to the monday night war, its going to be mostly pretty accurate just with extra additional content.

spacer.png

Preshow:

spacer.png
Jean Pierre LaFitte & Waylon Mercy def. Barry Horowitz & Aldo Montoya (10:09)

spacer.png
King Mabel def. Henry O. Godwinn (4:12)

spacer.png

Welcome to Monday Night RAW!!

Jerry "The King" Lawler, Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are on commentary for tonights show.

spacer.png

We open with a clip of Razor attacking Dean Douglas at SummerSlam

Q6Wy50J.png
Camp Cornette (Owen Hart & The British Bulldog) vs. Razor & The Kid

image.png.3796b9248988311e59b94181a3d52784.png

After the match Razor challenges Davey to a 1-on-1 match next week!

spacer.png
Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn and Alundra Blayze vs. Eli Blu, Jacob Blu and Bertha Faye

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.fc59dcb602c00eba3d19dea36a4fc012.png

spacer.png
Goldust vignette hyping up his debut, he mentions going after The Undertaker and even Bret Hart

spacer.png
Dr. Isaac Yankem DDS vs. Duke Droese

image.thumb.png.34107b52298939f365f447fabda842f0.png

Shawn is backstage and says next week he closes the final chapter with Sid

spacer.png
Million Dollar Corporation w/Ted DiBiase vs. Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigelow and Diesel
(Sycho Sid is sat at ringside)

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.ed2daded9b239d4c044fbf746ba13156.png

After the match the Million Dollar Corporation take out Bam Bam & Diesel from behind with Shawn and Sid left standing in the ring, HBK taunts him but Sid gets the last laugh!

VAQD4cE.gif

image.thumb.png.eb3314607e8efc6caa977cfd74dbd90b.png

Next up is the very first WCW Monday Nitro...

...more to come

Edited by StanMiguel
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, StanMiguel said:

Ah yes I forgot about the dog show, RAW was booted off airing for a few reasons that day from the dog show, to the tennis and even curling in Canada. DLC is just downloadable content, usually that extra package added to a video game that gives additional content. Thats kinda what I feel like I'm doing to the monday night war, its going to be mostly pretty accurate just with extra additional content.

How accurate is mostly pretty? Does it mean stuff like Owen hart's death at over the edge, the brawl for all,  terrible gimmicks like sexual chocolate and beaver cleavage, all snow and bossman's kennel from hell match from unforgiven 99, the 3 ring, 60-man battle royal at world War 3, the triple decker cage match at uncensored 96, slamboree's revival of the battlebowl/Lethal lottery, the hog/road wild ppv, piper and warrior's wcw runs, Scott hall's alcoholism and pretty much everything that russo and Ferrera did will still happen?

• Like 1

A fine first offering for Raw, interested to see how Goldust does here arriving slightly earlier. Booking 95 WWF is the toughest test in TEW because that midcard is kind of rancid so you gotta go top heavy and hope WCW lets some of the talent in the free agent pool go. But since you're controlling all three, I assume you'll find a good enough balance to keep all of them afloat.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sonny912 said:

How accurate is mostly pretty? Does it mean stuff like Owen hart's death at over the edge, the brawl for all,  terrible gimmicks like sexual chocolate and beaver cleavage, all snow and bossman's kennel from hell match from unforgiven 99, the 3 ring, 60-man battle royal at world War 3, the triple decker cage match at uncensored 96, slamboree's revival of the battlebowl/Lethal lottery, the hog/road wild ppv, piper and warrior's wcw runs, Scott hall's alcoholism and pretty much everything that russo and Ferrera did will still happen?

Death no I would continue booking Owen after Over the Edge, Brawl for all yes, terrible gimmicks will be dependent on the person, Al Snow and Bossman yes, 3 ring I will try and make work in TEW, triple cage yes, slamboree's lethal lottery yes, the hog/road wild ppv probably, piper and warrior's wcw runs yes if I can get them to sign, Scott will be Scott and will probably ruin the save.

1 minute ago, alvarasus said:

Good luck, I hope this lasts for a long time. Doing all three companies that's a very demanding challenge. Doing one company is difficult enough for me 

Thank you, I regularly get save envy, always wishing I was booking WCW or ECW whilst booking WWF. 3 companies will be more effort, one week will last a lifetime, but I hope itll be more rewarding too.
I did it once for over a year (in game) with WWE, NXT and AEW so hopefully this will go similarly.

22 minutes ago, Dawn said:

A fine first offering for Raw, interested to see how Goldust does here arriving slightly earlier. Booking 95 WWF is the toughest test in TEW because that midcard is kind of rancid so you gotta go top heavy and hope WCW lets some of the talent in the free agent pool go. But since you're controlling all three, I assume you'll find a good enough balance to keep all of them afloat.

Yeah its hard I'll admit that, a lot of mud around the diamonds. Relying a lot on HBK as you can see in the first show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanMiguel said:

Death no I would continue booking Owen after Over the Edge, Brawl for all yes, terrible gimmicks will be dependent on the person, Al Snow and Bossman yes, 3 ring I will try and make work in TEW, triple cage yes, slamboree's lethal lottery yes, the hog/road wild ppv probably, piper and warrior's wcw runs yes if I can get them to sign, Scott will be Scott and will probably ruin the save.

Umm not sure if I like that. I thought the point of this game was you got to rewrite wrestling history from a certain point to something you like. Can we at least ask questions or make suggestions?

My brother in christ that is kind of a lot of pressure to put on a new writer after just one statement from his part, if keeping those things close to real life is what makes him happy as a writer then by all means he should do it. And imo asking if he'll do Brawl for All and all those other things, outright bombarding him with questions about the future while he's still in 1995 after a single show and expecting him to say yes or no to all that when the landscape of the whole game can change entirely until then is just crazy...not saying don't ask him questions but, give him time to breathe.

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

My brother in christ that is kind of a lot of pressure to put on a new writer after just one statement from his part, if keeping those things close to real life is what makes him happy as a writer then by all means he should do it. And imo asking if he'll do Brawl for All and all those other things, outright bombarding him with questions about the future while he's still in 1995 after a single show and expecting him to say yes or no to all that when the landscape of the whole game can change entirely until then is just crazy...not saying don't ask him questions but, give him time to breathe.

First off, I'm not really the religious type. 2nd, I've only asked 3 questions about far.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:25 PM, sonny912 said:

First off, I'm not really the religious type. 2nd, I've only asked 3 questions about far.

I wholeheartedly appreciate both of your comments @Dawn and @sonny912. This is just how I like to book TEW, yes you can definitely make suggestions and I’ll always take them on board.

Edited by StanMiguel

7 hours ago, StanMiguel said:

I wholeheartedly appreciate both of your comments. This is just how I like to book TEW, yes you can definitely make suggestions and I’ll always take them on board.

Really!? thank you! I’ve got so many ideas for diaries or dynasties that I want to share or get out there sense I can't play the stupid game myself no matter how much I try to download it.

image.jpeg.a93b5d1d5e14a03ce65be718efec41d7.jpeg

Preshow:
image.png.657a3e81b2eff2c041bbb79d594bd163.png
The Renegade(c) def.  Sgt. Craig Pittman to retain the WCW World Television Championship (0:44)

image.png.17e9aadffd7e07081a292bd6ef9be9f2.png
Dick Slater, Bunkhouse Buck and Terry Richards w/Col. Robert Parker def. Scott Armstrong, Joey Maggs and Pez Whatley (8:22)

image.png.70643619fca196c28b605a3977ae927a.png
Eddy Guerrero & Mr. JL def. Disco Inferno & Cobra (7:05)

spacer.png

Welcome to Monday Night Nitro!!

foDehg8.jpegoWYtox7.jpegnikoGqM.jpeg

Eric Bischoff, Steve 'Mongo' McMichael and Bobby Heenan are on commentary for tonights show.

image.png.ee5b1aee9fb37d09c3e70eff9d596f1d.png
Brian Pillman vs. Chris Kanyon

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.e8245185d0bad4494acd459127cf67e6.png

Eric Bischoff interviews Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage, Savage isn't too sure about teaming with Hogan tonight against the Dungeon of Doom

spacer.png
LEX LUGER SHOWS UP, Hennan says he has no right being here!

image.png.62c1ef022613dcd257398d4a4f5fdc3c.png
Ric Flair vs. Sting
(Arn Anderson is at ringside)
image.thumb.png.878ad311d0d5ecbc8dc661b45199a8ac.png
Arn hops in the rings and brawls with Flair

Norton shows up and yells at commentary, Savage saves the day and the two brawl! The main event is made into a 2 on 3 handicap match!

image.png.584e0676612f59d3e8d06974d3f8440f.png
Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs. The Taskmaster, Meng and Scott Norton

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.43f1d0186a5b6970aa4fb151a61ec2eb.png
Hulk gets attacked and outnumbered, Luger makes the save but challenges Hogan next week!

image.thumb.png.486bc873a6146bfcc4511aeb37510b9c.png

Edited by StanMiguel
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, StanMiguel said:

image.jpeg.a93b5d1d5e14a03ce65be718efec41d7.jpeg

Preshow:
image.png.657a3e81b2eff2c041bbb79d594bd163.png
The Renegade(c) def.  Sgt. Craig Pittman to retain the WCW World Television Championship (0:44)

image.png.17e9aadffd7e07081a292bd6ef9be9f2.png
Dick Slater, Bunkhouse Buck and Terry Richards w/Col. Robert Parker def. Scott Armstrong, Joey Maggs and Pez Whatley (8:22)

image.png.70643619fca196c28b605a3977ae927a.png
Eddy Guerrero & Mr. JL def. Disco Inferno & Cobra (7:05)

spacer.png

Welcome to Monday Night Nitro!!

foDehg8.jpegoWYtox7.jpegnikoGqM.jpeg

Eric Bischoff, Steve 'Mongo' McMichael and Bobby Heenan are on commentary for tonights show.

image.png.ee5b1aee9fb37d09c3e70eff9d596f1d.png
Brian Pillman vs. Chris Kanyon

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.e8245185d0bad4494acd459127cf67e6.png

Eric Bischoff interviews Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage, Savage isn't too sure about teaming with Hogan tonight against the Dungeon of Doom

spacer.png
LEX LUGER SHOWS UP, Hennan says he has no right being here!

image.png.62c1ef022613dcd257398d4a4f5fdc3c.png
Ric Flair vs. Sting
(Arn Anderson is at ringside)

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.878ad311d0d5ecbc8dc661b45199a8ac.png
Arn hops in the rings and brawls with Flair

Norton shows up and yells at commentary, Savage saves the day and the two brawl! The main event is made into a 2 on 3 handicap match!

image.png.584e0676612f59d3e8d06974d3f8440f.png
Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs. The Taskmaster, Meng and Scott Norton

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.43f1d0186a5b6970aa4fb151a61ec2eb.png
Hulk gets attacked and outnumbered, Luger makes the save but challenges Hogan next week!

image.thumb.png.486bc873a6146bfcc4511aeb37510b9c.png

It's an okay show. Kinda weird the TV title was defended in the pre-show, even if it was a squash that lasted less then a minute. Terry richards is rhino right? Is he part of the studd stable now or is this just to fill the spot in the 6 man tag? Kanyon's okay but compared to liger is a poor substitute.

2 hours ago, sonny912 said:

It's an okay show. Kinda weird the TV title was defended in the pre-show, even if it was a squash that lasted less then a minute. Terry richards is rhino right? Is he part of the studd stable now or is this just to fill the spot in the 6 man tag? Kanyon's okay but compared to liger is a poor substitute.

Sadly Renegade has low pop so I’ve just got him working the pre show for now. Yeah Liger was working NJPW so sadly I couldn’t use him, the match was a toss up between Kanyon and Malenko. Rhino just worked that match to get a bit of pop up alongside the tag champs.

3 hours ago, StanMiguel said:

Sadly Renegade has low pop so I’ve just got him working the pre show for now. Yeah Liger was working NJPW so sadly I couldn’t use him, the match was a toss up between Kanyon and Malenko. Rhino just worked that match to get a bit of pop up alongside the tag champs.

Ah so when do you take the belt of him then?

On 2/7/2024 at 11:07 PM, stratusfaction said:

This seems a bit ambitious but you've got a follower in me :)

On 2/7/2024 at 6:54 PM, Nobby_McDonald said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I don't know how you can book two companies, I always had and will with my next one have enough on my plate with one. :D

Thank you both for the kind words, ECW Hardcore TV should be up soon!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Welcome to ECW Hardcore TV!!
from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

YY7N6RG.jpeg

image.png.6a5502f9bc85d4394003e4384f7803c2.png
Rey Misterio Jr. & Mikey Whipwreck vs. Too Cold Scorpio & Psicosis

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.ca63abc545c062779595dd21e3fe82b9.png

Alfonso bans the chokeslam, 911 grabs Alfonso by the throat, but Big Dudley gets the save

image.png.604034b44f3bf94f6eca5cc6858d4859.png
Rocco Rock vs. Perry Saturn vs. New Jack vs. Dances with Dudley

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.ad46b699ecaf07a9d3c38590164f4a88.png

Recap of Sandman attacking Stetson, Whipwreck attacks the Sandman with his own cane

image.png.67fdfc78e5cae18b3b07c84a6210abbe.png
Tommy Dreamer vs. Hack Myers

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.8310a155d7db1cdbf06d73012e1e1ce0.png

Fan cam of Public Enemy & Gangstas trading wins, with both teams brawling with weapons

image.png.def3cf2ee5cf67b4afbe92c54b039f56.png
Raven and Stevie Richards w/Beulah McGillicutty vs. The Pitbulls w/Francine
image.thumb.png.8d194503ea22d8922f58f1f241b1c40c.png

spacer.png
Via satellite for Japan, Cactus Jack puts over his victory over Terry Funk in the IWA King of Deathmatch Tournament. Jack says that if fans can trust the U.S. government to kill people if there is a higher purpose, then fans should give him the benefit of the doubt for turning on Tommy Dreamer because he and Raven did it for a higher purpose too.

image.thumb.png.ddd0148b7743b131101f5da5edb2b540.png

Edited by StanMiguel
  • Like 4