Overness/Popularity??

I am sure this must have been mentioned before, but I have a question about overness. Why doesn't my overness go up when appearing in a match with a top level star? Win or lose, a young gun/new guy should get some overness from the "rub" of being in the ring with a popular guy. Gunner Scott (Brent Albright) is a good example. Even when losing, he was still getting over with the crowd. I think the overness gain should be relatively small in comparison to winning a match, but it should exist. Also, when being an upper midcarder, while being an opener, should get you more over than being another opener, or lower midcarder. Maybe this is already in, and I haven't noticed. Is this stuff not in because it's too hard to code, or is it something that I am alone in the thinking?

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]But 'overness' isn't in Wrestling Spirit, at least not as it applied to Total Extreme Wrestling. If you look at popularity as boxing ranks, it all makes sense. Ranking systems care little whether you put on a great match or a crap one. The only thing that matters is if you win.[/QUOTE] in that case why dont i become a main eventer if i beat one? all i get is like 0.6% increase edit: anyway the main thing is i'm going nowhere fast in this game and anything to get overness quicker the better i say.

Adam could always program an "I win" button in for you! :D If you dont want to lose a lot than play superstar mode and pick someone like Tommy Cornell or if its real world data pick someone like triple H, rookie to legend is supposed to be difficult thats kind of the point! It is for people who like the idea of taking a green worker and turning him into a main event superstar. If you just want to win a lot dont use that particular mode or you can use RTL just put it on the easiest setting!

[QUOTE=Richard99]my popularity is going up, just not very fast, only 0.1% to 0.3% per win most of the time[/QUOTE] Umm, you work for podunk promotions. It takes a while to build the overness (and skills) necessary to attract the attention of bigger promotions. Big fish in a little pond turns into a minnow in the Pacific Ocean if set loose (and gets eaten shortly thereafter). Build your career. Don't expect to get huge overness spikes when you beat A_jobber_who_couldn't_get_into_SWF_102. Look at how many people attend the shows you work at. Do you honestly think those 100 or so folks are all Associated Press reporters? How many people in the Tri-State area know what the heck CZCW is? How many folks in British Columbia know what NYCW stands for? D.Boon is right. This is a fighting game. I don't know too many folks who refer to the 3-11-7 boxer as "Yeah, he loses a lot....but he puts on great matches!". In the words of Al Davis, "Just win, baby!". In this game, people spread the word and increase your notoriety when you win and also when you work for promotions that have some scope. In my game, every time I put some chump on her back for the 3 count, I get 0.1 - 0.3% popularity increase. I'm okay with that because I'm Rome and I wasn't built (or destroyed) in a day.

Archived