Total Wrestling Supremacy

[QUOTE=JWideman]Please don't do this. I know for a fact that many of the artists on these sites won't be cool with it. Cutting them for yourself is fine, redistributing the cut images is not.[/QUOTE] Why not? [QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye]If you need some ideas for guys, I'm sure plenty of people on this board (including me) would like to help...[/QUOTE] OK then, I would like you to create a traditional themed Mexican promotion. Not too big, but not small. I need it fit within the ideal promotion levels and if possible for you to find pics that would be great too.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=paulskln][URL="http://www.mzitalia.com/modules.php?name=FaceGenerator"]http://www.mzitalia.com/modules.php?name=FaceGenerator[/URL] try this for pics it is a pretty cool face generator some faces are not good but most are fine[/QUOTE] i tri, its pretty good really, you would need to cut there heads and paste them onto a new body though.

[QUOTE=TCP1]Why not?[/QUOTE] Because the pictures are their copyrighted work. Of course all the pictures of real world wrestlers that people cut and put on this forum also are the copyrighted property of someone, and no one ever seems to complain about their use. Nor the myriad of other IP issues inherent in any real world mod. Anyway, this is part of what I meant by needing to go through an awful lot of pictures to find ones to use for TEW - your level of concern over Intellectual Property issues is as just as much an issue as finding useable poses, good camera angles, acceptable lighting, etc. Strictly speaking, if you want to legally use the pics you either need to have someone create them specifically for you (as Adam had done) or have the artists' permission to use/alter the pictures. But given the fact that your real world updates involve far more IP violations than you could possibly generate with this mod, I didn't really expect that you or anyone who's used any of your mods would have much of an issue with cutting Poser Pics (or similarly generated pics) found on the web and placing them on whatever background you decide to use. But that's a decision you'll need to make for yourself. In any case, this sounds like a very interesting mod. As someone who only uses fictional databases (which at this point is really just the Cornellverse with a few people's attempts to add to it), I look forward to watching your progress.

[QUOTE=Alec_Burkhardt]Because the pictures are their copyrighted work. Of course all the pictures of real world wrestlers that people cut and put on this forum also are the copyrighted property of someone, and no one ever seems to complain about their use. Nor the myriad of other IP issues inherent in any real world mod. Anyway, this is part of what I meant by needing to go through an awful lot of pictures to find ones to use for TEW - your level of concern over Intellectual Property issues is as just as much an issue as finding useable poses, good camera angles, acceptable lighting, etc. Strictly speaking, if you want to legally use the pics you either need to have someone create them specifically for you (as Adam had done) or have the artists' permission to use/alter the pictures. But given the fact that your real world updates involve far more IP violations than you could possibly generate with this mod, I didn't really expect that you or anyone who's used any of your mods would have much of an issue with cutting Poser Pics (or similarly generated pics) found on the web and placing them on whatever background you decide to use. But that's a decision you'll need to make for yourself. In any case, this sounds like a very interesting mod. As someone who only uses fictional databases (which at this point is really just the Cornellverse with a few people's attempts to add to it), I look forward to watching your progress.[/QUOTE] I'm not using their intellectual property to make money for myself and they are the ones putting them on the internet for anyone to grab. Plus, I find it highly unlikely that they have actually copyrighted them each individually so I don't see the problem?

[QUOTE=TCP1]I'm not using their intellectual property to make money for myself and they are the ones putting them on the internet for anyone to grab. Plus, I find it highly unlikely that they have actually copyrighted them each individually so I don't see the problem?[/QUOTE] Copyright is inherent in the creation - so yes, each picture is individually copyrighted. And making money is completely irrelevant to the issue of whether or not it's okay to use someone else's copyrighted work. As is the notion that since they put it on the internet, anyone is free to grab it. I don't really think this is the forum for a widespread copyright discussion, but I'm pretty certain that is the issue that JWideman was referring to in his reply to my post. Many of the artists who post on the galleries I mentioned would not look kindly on your cutting/rebackgrounding their work and redistributing it. Others wouldn't care. And then there is a whole spectrum in between. As I said, there are far more IP violations in all the real world mods in this forum, so anyone who is okay with those mods but has a problem with your cutting pics (of whatever sort) found on the internet for this mod is making some personal/individual rationalization {which is perfectly fine for anyone to do - I'm not cutting on anyone} concerning the difference between the two rather than pointing out valid legal concerns about IP. What you do is up to you.

[QUOTE=TCP1]Quitter!!!!! :D I don't see it being a particularly difficult. Considering I now have a 1993 data that I made and organised a team of ragbags and misfits and produced a 1500 worker up-to-date real world mod! Panix, shush, you'll give the game away! :)[/QUOTE] That is why i am still the only guy to make a new orginal data set...... cheap plug i updated a few hunderd workers this week......i found a good plan.....work a little on the TCP mod i am doing and little on my orginal data........but my g.f hates me becuase i am on the puter or at work........

[QUOTE=TCP1]I'm not using their intellectual property to make money for myself [/QUOTE] Doesn't matter. [QUOTE]and they are the ones putting them on the internet for anyone to grab. [/QUOTE] No, they aren't. Putting them on the net does not negate copyright. Just because it's there doesn't given anyone license to steal it. [QUOTE] Plus, I find it highly unlikely that they have actually copyrighted them each individually[/QUOTE] Copyright exists the moment of creation. Further, copyright can be registered as a group AND after you've started to sue someone. Registration isn't even necessary to win, only to claim additional damages. [QUOTE]so I don't see the problem?[/QUOTE] The problem is that while the WWE and other feds tolerate our use of their copyrighted material (photos) as it is a form of grass roots free advertising, random artists on the net aren't getting any sort of credit or compensation when a face is cut out of a larger work. Some artists are very picky about that sort of thing, and I happen to be one of them. If you ask permission, you might still get to use the faces you want.

as someone who like's to write short story's i would be really ticked off if somebody stole my work. However i do not broadcast it on the internet! I know it is a slightly different creative medium but you know what the risks are of making your work public if you dont want stuff being used, dont publish it! I could understand if TCP was printing these pictures on to tee-shirts and selling them, but he's not, it strikes me that, wherever he gets his pictures from he's going to be treading on somebodys toe's. Its just slightly aggravating that people are getting bent out of shape at somebody who has done so much for the TEW community.

[QUOTE=panix04]as someone who like's to write short story's i would be really ticked off if somebody stole my work. However i do not broadcast it on the internet! I know it is a slightly different creative medium but you know what the risks are of making your work public if you dont want stuff being used, dont publish it![/QUOTE] You're right. If you don't want anyone stealing your work, never let anyone see it. However, no artist or writer survives in a vacuum, and the world would be a duller place without art or books. This is why copyright laws were created in the first place: so people could share their stuff without being concerned that someone could take it without consequences. All I'm asking from TCP1 is that he ask permission from the artists.

[QUOTE=TCP1][B]This project is on hold until I get permission for use of the poser pics![/B][/QUOTE] Then I'm betting it's pretty much dead. You'd be better off trying to see if you could find someone on this forum who'd be willing to make you pics (even if using something simpler than Poser) than trying to individually contact and get permission to use pics that you find on various galleries around the web. And there's little chance of anyone on this forum being willing/able to do the 600 or so guys you've stated your aiming for. Or just don't worry about pics and create the mod without them. That's what Adam did originally for TEW. It was after the initial release the KK came along and began making the Poser pics just as a fan of the game. While they add an element to the game, pics certainly aren't what determines whether or not a mod is enjoyable or worthwhile to play. Heck, you could just assign the already existing Cornellverse pics to the workers in your mod. That's perhaps the easiest solution. And are you going to take down FORC, given the massive amount of IP violations involved in it? At least until you get permission from all the photographers, individuals, and companies whose copyrights and trademarks you've appropriated?:D

[QUOTE=Alec_Burkhardt]Then I'm betting it's pretty much dead. You'd be better off trying to see if you could find someone on this forum who'd be willing to make you pics (even if using something simpler than Poser) than trying to individually contact and get permission to use pics that you find on various galleries around the web. And there's little chance of anyone on this forum being willing/able to do the 600 or so guys you've stated your aiming for. [B]Or just don't worry about pics and create the mod without them.[/B] That's what Adam did originally for TEW. It was after the initial release the KK came along and began making the Poser pics just as a fan of the game. While they add an element to the game, pics certainly aren't what determines whether or not a mod is enjoyable or worthwhile to play. Heck, you could just assign the already existing Cornellverse pics to the workers in your mod. That's perhaps the easiest solution. [B]And are you going to take down FORC, given the massive amount of IP violations involved in it? At least until you get permission from all the photographers, individuals, and companies whose copyrights and trademarks you've appropriated?:D[/B][/QUOTE] A mod with no pictures is just plain crap. I don't care what anyone says, it would be so dull and I would lose interest almost immediately. Also, there is no point using the cornellverse ones, because people recognise them as other characters. So just no. It's a shame that people get so arsey and possesive about this sort of thing. It really puts me off actually bothering with anything. I always give credit to people's data or pics that I have used in previous mods and would do the same for the poser guys. It just makes me sad that people don't get that any publicity, no matter who small is good. As for WWE, they are such a huge company and to be honest would probably barely batter an eyelid for something as insignificant as my mod. However, if the poser artists are as protective as I've been led to believe, then they could make my life a pain, which defeats the point of me making any mods. I just don't get people sometimes. Ho hum!

[QUOTE=TCP1]As for WWE, they are such a huge company and to be honest would probably barely batter an eyelid for something as insignificant as my mod. However, if the poser artists are as protective as I've been led to believe, then they could make my life a pain, which defeats the point of me making any mods.[/QUOTE] I was just joking about taking down FORC - hence the big grinning guy. :) Anyway, the WWE is far more protective of their IP than any poser artist, no matter what you may have been led to believe. Plus the WWE (and a whole hosts of others) can easily prove you've taken their property for FORC. But if you don't feel like continuing with this mod, that's understandable. Shame though, it sounded like an interesting idea.

Don’t worry about all this copyright crap nothing is going to happen. Look at some of the pics on the sites for one sec and you will see a lot of the people who made them don’t worry about copyrights. (So many of the pictures are made to look like popular characters from games, anime and so forth.) Also how are they even going to find out? Unless they play the game or someone tells them that does, there will be no issues. Hell if they play the game it will most likely be an honor you thought the face was good enough. The truth is if they do give you any problems they’re an ass hole just remove their pics and ignore them. (Make sure you save pics based on who made them so if someone dose complain you can see which ones they did and then remove them) Just give people credit you don’t want to be an ass hole.(I know you allready do) Good luck with your project and just ignore all this moral and legal bull**** people are feeding you. (Not saying they are lying just saying nothing will happen.)

Hey TCP, the regen pics that come with Football manager there is 1900 of them. Admitedly none of them are wearing wrestling attire but i am thinking of a potential sulotion to this problem, i will post a couple of examples later today - but dont lose heart, they all laughed aty Christopher columbus when he discovered sound! Or something like that anyway!

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic1.jpg[/IMG] i dont know if these are going to be ok for the mod, but i have 1900 of these pics and putting them on this kind of background (i.e a frame) takes next to no time. So what do you think?

they probably are, but surely it is no different to using WWE pictures in a mod? I do own a copy of FM06 which i bought, but im not sure about the legalitys of using pictures that came with the game in making a mod for a different game.

[QUOTE=panix04]they probably are, but surely it is no different to using WWE pictures in a mod? I do own a copy of FM06 which i bought, but im not sure about the legalitys of using pictures that came with the game in making a mod for a different game.[/QUOTE] Well given that Marc Vaughn and Mark Duffy are both members on here as well as being part of the team that wrote FM - just PM them and see what your position with their regen photos might be.

[QUOTE=panix04][IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pic1.jpg[/IMG] i dont know if these are going to be ok for the mod, but i have 1900 of these pics and putting them on this kind of background (i.e a frame) takes next to no time. So what do you think?[/QUOTE] I don't think I'll be using these ones buddy. I'm going to hold out for the posers. Plus, I'm learning poser atm anyway, so worst comes to worst, I'll make my own!

Archived