Apex Wrestling Federation - [Local to Global, CVerse 2020]

|| Hi All! I Felt like WWE was a bit too big of a roster for me, so decided to give myself a different challenge. Also not 100% sold on the belt design so happy for feedback/suggestions on that too

Predictions and feedback are always welcome, especially for Events!!! - I'll post the card for Determination in a moment, once I finalise my signings||

AWF.jpg.00474e8330862def4f0173196ca36f36.jpg

After a storied in ring career, and working behind the scenes with TCW, Robert Oxford has made a shocking announcement: He will be stepping down from his roles in TCW to start up a new independent federation, Apex Wrestling Federation (AWF).

Oxford has says he wishes to bring independent wrestling to the American Midwest, and intends to book a product focused around sports entertainment. The understanding is that the roster will be mostly younger talent with a few veterans to provide mentoring for these future stars of the industry. Roster announcements are expected to come soon, ahead of the first event: AWF Determination, on Friday Week 2. The Inagural AWF World Champion will be awarded at Running Wild, with AWF Live hosting qualifying matches.

AWF will run two shows a month: one speciality branded, and one under generic "AWF Live" Branding (though it's expected that AWF would cancel this event ahead of any potential TV deals that may arise).

Upcoming Shows:
Friday wk 2, Jan - AWF Determination
Friday wk 4, Jan - AWF Live
Friday wk 2, Feb - AWF Running Wild
Friday wk 4, Feb - AWF Live

Current Titles:
AWFWorld.jpg.2e6ea13cdc12a7ee077dda1f1e015712.jpgAWF World Champion - Vacant

• Like 2

AWF.jpg.c7fac1d75c29937d44820df7490cda0b.jpg

Current Roster:

Active Wrestlers:

• Bradford Pevrell - 5 pop, 35, Heel, Hands of Stone Gimmick
  • Cheech Kong - 2 pop, 28, Face, Bulldog Gimmick
  • Hammer Hadley - 1 pop, 21, Heel, MMA Badass Gimmick
  • Phenomenal E - 7 pop, 37, Heel, Phenomenal One Gimmick
  • Quentin Queen - 15 pop, 26, Heel, Weasley Heel
  • Roger Montiero - 20 pop, 29, Face, American Eagle Gimmick
  • Shane Nelson - 8 pop, 41, Face (Tweener), Bad Boy Gimmick
  • Topher Smith - 3 pop, Face, Gopher Gimmick

Backstage:

• Clinton Edwards - 51, Referee
  • Erin Lawrence - 31, Referee
  • Robert Oxford - 59, Road Agent
Edited by Rhaums
Update roster ahead of Determination
  • Like 1

Good luck on this one! Really curious to see how this goes. Roster-wise, Bradford, Queen and Monteiro to me are potential main event guys with lots of upsides. They should carry you (at least until some major company raid them lol, especially Peverell).

Daniel (Roger??) Montiero v Hammer Hadley

Cheech Kong v Quentin Queen

Phenomenal E v Shane Nelson

42 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Good luck on this one! Really curious to see how this goes. Roster-wise, Bradford, Queen and Monteiro to me are potential main event guys with lots of upsides. They should carry you (at least until some major company raid them lol, especially Peverell).

Exactly my goal! hopefully the bigger companies keep away for long enough until i have options to fill the holes in the roster that they'll leave. Also fixed the name error thanks haha!

• Like 1

AWF Determination Card:

Roger Montiero v Hammer Hadley

I do love a local to global game, so excited to see where this goes! Initial roster looks good, I think Monteiro and Paverell look like they'll be your early stars. My only question would be why you have two referees with such a small roster?

AWF Determination
Lincoln, NE
Attendance: 88

AWF.jpg.582e9e57277d5e73b25a33298deb6e77.jpg

MATCH: Hammer Hadley v Roger Montiero
The very first match in AWF history is the American Eagle, Roger Montiero, taking on Hammer Hadley. Hadley came out swinging against his much smaller opponent, though Montiero's agility allowed him to dodge many punches. Hadley went for an early Lariat, which Montiero flipped out of. Montiero then took charge, getting up on the top rope for an attempt at a Flying Eagle Moonsault, and a Eagle Chop for the pinfall. This match set the tone early, and got good reactions for the crowd for the rest of the show.

(Ratings: Roger Montiero 40, Hammer Hadley 24 | Total 38)
Roger Montiero def Hammer Hadley by Pinfall (10:40)

ANGLE
Roger Montiero grabs the mic, he tells the crowd that he's never won a title before, and that changes here. He announces that he will be putting his name into next weeks qualifiers for a shot to become the inaugural World Champion. He says how he never had the opportunity to look up to first nations wrestlers as a kid, and he wants to inspire the next generation, by making sure they can see someone like them lift the title. He says he wants to inspire not just first nations kids, but all kids around here, that a midwestern boy can become a world champion.
Rating 36

MATCH: Cheech Kong vs Quentin Queen
In a solid technical showcase, Quentin Queen's selling abilty and technique are what make this match. Both workers used the top rope regularly, as Kong made an early moonsault onto Queen, which was kicked out of. After further flips and grapples, the up and coming star in Queen, ended up hitting the QBall for the three count.

(Ratings: Cheech Kong 23, Quentin Queen: 46 | Total 40)
Quentin Queen def Cheech Kong by Pinfall (12:15)

ANGLE
As Quentin Queen celebrates his win, Topher Smiths intro hits and out he comes. He says to the crowd that ever since coming to the US, he's always been an afterthought and unwanted. He tells the crowd that he can be knocked down constantly, but will never go, and AWF is his chance for singles glory. He challenges Quentin Queen to a match at AWF Live, with the winner getting a place in the first AWF World Title match. Queen accepts and the two shake hands.

Rating 27

MATCH: Phenomenal E vs Shane Nelson
The entrances for the main event show why these are two of the top workers on the starting roster, as it gets the loudest crowd reaction of any. The match stars with both veterans showing their years of experience, as the two combine for some impressive sequences of moves. The match is also the most dynamic of any of any tonight, including leaving the ring for a brawl closer to the crowd. Nelson takes a Tumbleweed Legdrop but there's a pause before Phenomenal E can cover him there is a pause.

Cheech Kong comes out, attempting to interfere and attack Phenomenal E, but before he reaches the ring, Nelson manages to get up and hit the Clash of Styles for the pinfall. Phenomenal E stares at Cheech Kong furiously as the inaugural event comes to a close.

(Ratings: Phenomenal E 43, Shane Nelson 38 | Rating 38)
Shane Nelson def Phenomenal E by Pinfall after Cheech Kong interferes (11:27)

Show Rating: 37

|| Sorry if the main event result came a bit out of nowhere, but I wanted to quickly start a story with heat. Hopefully in the future I'll be better able to set up these moments and stories a bit more, Cheech Kong will explain his motivations more in the future though. ||

• Like 4

On 6/26/2024 at 12:52 AM, KyTeran said:

A good initial roster in my opinion, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks! Excited to let this develop.

7 hours ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

AWF Determination Card:

I do love a local to global game, so excited to see where this goes! Initial roster looks good, I think Monteiro and Paverell look like they'll be your early stars. My only question would be why you have two referees with such a small roster?

I originally signed the two refs becuase one was already employed and woulldn't be available every week despite being a better ref. I'll likely move to thursday nights anyway which makes that issue redundant.

On 6/26/2024 at 2:19 AM, newbiezness said:

I like the beginning very much. By the way, Phenomenal E was fantastic for me in my LAP diary (he was called Pantera Roja and later Pantera Fenomenal).

I definitely have a few ideas for him, challenge will be not getting too AJ Stylesy since that's who the gimmick made me think of immediately.

8 hours ago, scapegoat said:

Roger Monteiro

Cheech Kong

Shane Nelson 

On 6/25/2024 at 4:47 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

3 hours ago, newbiezness said:

I liked the first show and the style of the write-up and seeing the ratings of each competitor is refreshing. Mutant is a big signing, he'll be one of your top guys.

Thanks! Definitely looked like someone i could build and push a bit and have a lot of success.

AWF.jpg.c5b895321717e0328a1a73113cef3f01.jpg

AWF Live Card
Friday Week 4, Jan

Quentin Queen v Topher Smith (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

Edited by Rhaums

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

As @newbiezness said, Mutant will be a great signing for you. I've always had a soft spot for Monteiro, so I'm hoping he goes all the way in the title tournament!

Not a big fan of having a World title in a local promotion tbh, just a thought I wanna share ;) 

Look at that performance, Quentin Queen is gonna be the man!

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero so to have a heel vs babyface title match

AWF.jpg.0ae4988ece84bf336b370bd7030943d6.jpg

Quentin Queen v Topher Smith (AWF Championship Title Match Qualification)
With the championship match looming, the first qualification match is the show's opener. The match stars with the two exchanging punches and moves to dives from the top rope. While it begins relatively even, Topher appears to tire faster than Queen, especially after taking a Q-Ball from the top rope. Queen making punch after punch, and kicking Topher while he's down. The crowd boos as he poses above a defeated Topher, and cheers as Smith tries to pick himself up and get back into the fight. Despite the crowds encouragement, Smith is unable to pick himself up before Queen can force him to the ground and make the cover.

Quentin Queen def. Topher Smith by pinfall (12:09)
Ratings: Quentin Queen 47, Topher Smith 37, Rating 45

ANGLE:
Cheech Kong comes out to address the crowd. He says that he is tired of Phenomenal E's ego, and feels that someone needs to take him down a step. He accuses him of acting like he runs the place, and reminds him that there are other wrestlers here too. He says someone needs to stand up for the little guys, and that's gonna be him
Rating: 23

Hammer Hadley v Mutant
The King of the Wasteland makes his AWF debut. This match was very punch heavy, as both workers were more than happy to rely on their brawling focused styles. This match was mostly an opportunity for Mutant to show what he brings to the company with this new signing. After a number of finisher attempts, Mutant hits the Tina-Turner on Hadley to take his first win as a member of the AWF Roster.

Mutant def. Hammer Hadley by pinfall (11:22)
Ratings Mutant 35, Hammer Hadley 24, Rating 33

ANGLE:
Xavier Reckless comes out to announce himself as AWF's other new signing. He's here to move fast and fight for glory in AWF - and fans won't have to wait long to see him. At Runnning Wild next month, he will take on Cheech Kong to prove himself against an up and coming talent.

Rating 25

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero (AWF Championship Title Match Qualification)

And now we reach the main event. The hometown hero, gets the loudest pop of the roster yet again, as he fights for a title shot. Pevrell's punches looked damaging, but the high-flying antics of the American Eagle took control of the match. Montiero ducked a Dream Left Hook, and responded with some punches of his own. From here, he set up and performed an Eagle Chop for the pinfall. The midwestern boy is now only one win away from the AWF Championship.

Roger Montiero def. Bradford Pevrell (13:26)
Ratings Bradford Pevrell 44, Roger Montiero 43, Rating 45

ANGLE:
Roger Montiero and Quentin Queen stare each other down to close the show (Rating 17)

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 9:43 PM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

As @newbiezness said, Mutant will be a great signing for you. I've always had a soft spot for Monteiro, so I'm hoping he goes all the way in the title tournament!

I love Montiero's stats, and being one of the most popular guys in the Midwest on the roster is gonna hopefully be key to building.

On 6/27/2024 at 10:11 PM, newbiezness said:

Quentin Queen v Topher Smith (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Peverell v Roger Monteiro (AWF World Championship Title Match Qualification)

On 6/28/2024 at 1:45 AM, Wrestling Machine said:

Not a big fan of having a World title in a local promotion tbh, just a thought I wanna share ;) 

Look at that performance, Quentin Queen is gonna be the man!

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero so to have a heel vs babyface title match

Yeah! I think i'm gonna rename the championship now i think about it.

On 6/28/2024 at 1:51 AM, aaron07 said:

Quentin Queen v Topher Smith

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

Bradford Pevrell v Roger Montiero

On 6/28/2024 at 3:23 AM, KyTeran said:

AWF Live Card
Friday Week 4, Jan

Hammer Hadley v Mutant

@Wrestling Machine - 6

@Charasmatic Enigma@newbiezness@KyTeran - 5
@aaron07 @scapegoat - 3
@StanMiguel- 2

I think i'll end the first round of predictions after the March shows (so 4 more shows to go)

• Like 3

New AWF Signings: Too Hot, Joffy Laine

News Headlines:
USPW debuts new TV Show - Head to Head
SWF downgrade their timeslot for Supreme TV
Canadian Star Dean McWade announces he'll retire from active competition in three months

AWF.jpg.9c06b4fa905a89427d51dbe9cd713a0f.jpg

AWF Running Wild Card:
Omaha, NE

Xavier Reckless v Cheech Kong:

Joffy Laine v Shane Nelson

AWFWorld.jpg.0fa84c1b99212e4d07e76fbd5487c15d.jpgRoger Montiero vs Quentin Queen - AWF Championship