TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

Welp, looks like my 85 save will not make it to present day.

Very excited 

Idk, at the speed you can sometimes book- I wouldn't put it past you to still make it 

• Like 1

A surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one.

Optimistic about the potential of the creative meeting/worker ideas stuff. It's the sorta stuff I've wanted to see to make locker rooms feel more realistic. And nice to hear about the gif backdrop stuff being expanded, since that's something I know a lotta people on here really love.

One thing id like to see implemented is an expansion on pre-booking, so you can actively book shows or angles well in advance.

So if you have an angle 1 week, you could pre-book the follow up angle on the next TV show in week 2, then an interview on Week 3, with a match with interference, then week 4 something else.

• Like 3

Yep waking up to this announcement was a pleasant surprise. The dev diary entry I will be most interested in is how products will be handled in this new version as I'm one of those who really missed customizable products. I don't think I want it the same as the 2016 version. I vaguely remember posting a suggestion on a different way to set up customizable products way back near 2020's release but I don't remember the details. (I could probably search for it lol).

I guess the other thing I'm hoping for is a harder financial balance across the board. Finances seem to balloon out of control for all but the smallest companies in TEW2020.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VBigB said:

I guess the other thing I'm hoping for is a harder financial balance across the board. Finances seem to balloon out of control for all but the smallest companies in TEW2020.

It was adjusted during the life of the game. I remember on release there were complaints about attendance and ticket revenue being really low (I think base TCW was struggling for 2k fans). I also know PPV revenue was bumped pretty heavily too which is why everyone could just live comfortably after being large enough for WrestleWorld.

I do hope there is a more fine balance, particularly one where a small company bringing in all the best workers won’t automatically be the most optimal in terms of finances.

• Like 1

Can the booking team be used as a kind of storylines generator? Do they recommend storylines and storyline beats (like Angle: Tommy Cornell ambushes RDJ! Match: Cornell vs. RDJ in a 2 out of 3 falls, Match: Cornell & Hawkins vs RDJ & Rocky Golden, Match: Cornell vs. RDJ in a cage match). Also, will it be possible to directly add booking team suggestions to a card, kind of like the pre-booking screen?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Road Warrior Puke said:

Hard to get excited about any new features without knowing if the game is still a slog to mod. 2020 didn't reach its full potential because of this, so it's the number one question I have about IX.

Same. Modding in TEW 2020 was absolutely horrible. The inability to sort/filter workers by any stat is just one example of why. Compared to WMMA5, TEW 2020 is atrocious for modding. If that hasn't been remedied it's a hard "NO" for me.

My biggest hope off the dome is that we can hopefully now ask veterans to mentor specific younger wrestlers as I believe @Jaysin once suggested. My save is more than 2 years in and the amount of actual new mentorships created by the game are minimal. I have so many veteran & rookie pairings on my roster that would make perfect sense to pair up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dawn said:

My biggest hope off the dome is that we can hopefully now ask veterans to mentor specific younger wrestlers as I believe @Jaysin once suggested. My save is more than 2 years in and the amount of actual new mentorships created by the game are minimal. I have so many veteran & rookie pairings on my roster that would make perfect sense to pair up.

Yep! I suggested that and asking people to form tag teams. Would be a fantastic feature! In the save I'm prepping, I'm giving all my 35+ year old workers the Pass on Knowledge and Talent Spotter attributes just to make the game world a little more lively. 

Wow, certainly didn't expect to wake up to this. Amazing!

I like the idea of the CE system, and I'm intrigued to see how it's going to be implemented. The way I read it, it should make games, particularly longer ones, less static, which is definitely always a good thing. There's also always the potential for some drama, which can't hurt.

I'm curious as to how long TEW IX has been in "development", especially when it will go from announcement to beta within four weeks, with a planned release a week later, this does appear rushed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

With regards to the new backdrop options I just really wish Adam could figure out a way to make  png’s work rather than gif. It would just look so much better. I personally won’t be using it.

• Like 2

Well, the announcement was exciting enough, only having to wait a month is even better! Looking forward to what's getting added, I kind of hope no more stats have been added / taken away this time, just for my own updating-an-old-database sanity...

6 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I'm curious as to how long TEW IX has been in "development", especially when it will go from announcement to beta within four weeks, with a planned release a week later, this does appear rushed.

I personally would be extremely surprised if it’s rushed. It wouldn’t be a good look after how the release of 2020 went. Even though it was successful overall, a lot of the initial feedback wasn’t exactly glowing if you recall.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

will modding be easier like older tew games and will more countries for our wrestling promotions i.e. a Chinese wrestling promotion perhaps and will png images be excepted

Edited by ace1193
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

It's been in development for over eighteen months.

• Like 23