TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Mammoth said:

I'm super excited. If you're afraid of hard work, you shouldn't be making modifications anyway. 😅 Also, it's intriguing that in todays announcement Adam said: "As before, there are tools to help with this task and these will be discussed in a future entry." That sounds, to me, like there's something in the pipeline that isn't just more filters or mass edit options, because why would they be an announcement? So yeah, I'm excited about getting my fingers into even more detail, and also intrigued whether Adam has found a way to make it easier too.

I'm hoping for direct spreadsheet input in a way I can't break, as I have a history of doing. Hahahaha

• Like 2

Finally the real world calendar. Love that change and anything that comes with it, like the "On This Day" feature. It's so simple, but something that I've wanted for so long. 

Posted (edited)

Loving the real-world calendar system, now I can have Halloween Havoc on Halloween, Valentine's Day Massacre on Valentine's Day, and Christmas Clash on Christmas. Also, I welcome the multi-day system, in my AEW Save I turned Fyter Fest into a 2-day PLE where the first day is all 1v1 matches and the second is all 2v2 matches, Rivalries and Tag Spectacular respectively.

For the height and weight, I'm split, in some ways it was nice just having a general category so I wouldn't need specific heights and weights since I mostly play Fantasy mods, especially my custom database that consists of created wrestlers from 30 years of wrestling video games, but by the same token, having 90% of female workers just saying very small doesn't distinguish them, specific weight would be more immersive

Edited by YBDynamo

26 minutes ago, SlipkyMTG said:

Is TEW IX still in Visual Basic? Just curious.

Definitely. In the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the Develops Journal, Adam has already clarified that it's built on the same base as 2020. If Adam had miraculously learned how to code in another language in between instalments, I think it would be the first and biggest of announcements. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't see if it was already talked about
I would like to see a wrestlers history with other wrestlers matter like they did in 2K.

If you wrestle against a wrestler with whom you have a history or you turn on your partner it will have a special effect that adds to the storyline heat.

WWE Universe Mode - WWE 2K17 Guide - IGN

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Definitely. In the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the Develops Journal, Adam has already clarified that it's built on the same base as 2020. If Adam had miraculously learned how to code in another language in between instalments, I think it would be the first and biggest of announcements. 😆

I had though the program moved from vb to c++ with 2020?

2 minutes ago, Astil said:

I had though the program moved from vb to c++ with 2020?

I don't recall it doing so. Adam rebuilt it from scratch, but I don't know whether he changed programming. Honestly, you could be correct because I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but I don't remember a conversation around it. 🤷‍♂️

BEAUTIFUL! I was considering waiting on the purchase until I finished off my TEW20 save, but the real world calendar is that feature I cannot live without I was waiting for. Well, to converting my save into IX I will go!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

I don't recall it doing so. Adam rebuilt it from scratch, but I don't know whether he changed programming. Honestly, you could be correct because I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but I don't remember a conversation around it. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I think maybe I made that up oops. Ignore that then.

• Haha 1

A lot of games that we have played have features like creating your character. Would be nice to have a feature or an app for this purpose were you can create a full body wrestler that can be used for a cornellverse wrestler. It would generate a photo of wrestler (like what we see with the default CV pics) and if you want to make alter egos, just go to clothing and change things up. Like what you see when you create a wrestler on WWE 2K.  

My dream scenario. TEW and FirePro Wrestling merged one day to make the ultimate wrestling simulator. Book matches and watch it played out (optional if you want to skip through).

• Like 1

Excellent update! I didn’t mind the previous gamey calendar, but I am very excited to see how this one works out. 

Seeing the precision of title reign lengths is going to be huge for me! 

I hope there's a checkbox that disables a worker working for a bigger company on the same day. Booking a CMLL show around Titan only for him to go to Japan for a lesser New Japan tour show stinks.

In relation to what Hollywood said, could we have the option to reserve a worker for a specific date? Like in "Talk to Worker" there could be an option for "Could you save the date for [Event]?"

The worker could factor in company push, pay, morale, and inter-company relationships to decide if they're willing to potentially miss out on a lesser show for a bigger company.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The real world calendar is perhaps the most surprising feature because I was under the impression it would never happen. Might be wishful thinking on my end, but it makes me wonder if Adam has tore up some more of the code for the overall interface and other features. That paired with him saying IX is meant to be significantly bigger, pretty exciting stuff. While I've enjoyed all the entries so far, that and the real height/weight have been my favorites so far. I'm not even a mod maker, but I love the added realism.

• Like 6

I am curious, will the multi day event have one overall rating, or multiple ratings on which day those days took place? Or both?

Oh and going off what everyone is saying, yes the calendar thing. Heckin awesome. Thank you so much for finally bringing this into TEW.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FellaLibby said:

I am curious, will the multi day event have one overall rating, or multiple ratings on which day those days took place? Or both?

Oh and going off what everyone is saying, yes the calendar thing. Heckin awesome. Thank you so much for finally bringing this into TEW.

I'm going to assume based off the way Adam wrote it that each event would have its own rating -- like Wrestlemania Night One might get an 85 and Night Two might get a 90, they're tied together for worker morale and what not.

• Like 5

I am here all day for both the real world calendar as well as multiple day events. 

The real world calendar is something I have been hoping for since tew2010 and to finally have it is great, and the way scheduling works with it has me excited.

I like to book lots of multiple day events in my personal games so having the extra freedom not to worry about trying to get my whole roster on each show will make booking the shows so much better. Out of curiosity is there a limit to how many shows can be run in sequence using the multi-day event tag? (For example could you run a week of events linked as a multiple day event?)

• Like 1

On This Day feature is one that non C-Verse players may miss, but this is going to add SO MUCH color and lore to the C-Verse.

Am I right to imagine we now have the ability to fill the calendar with things like:

"On this day in 1973 the legendary Rip Chord vs. Ed Henson 60-minute iron man match was held in Toronto Stadium in front of 65,000, the largest crowd ever for a pro wrestling show in Canada"

• Like 8

These updates have made me so hyped for the game. The real world calender is a complete game changer. This being just the first week has me really excited to see what comes next.

I'm curious to see how CVerse default has evolved though I'm probably going to port my Alt CVerse 2018 game to a database and continue with that. I'm on December 2019 so I'll likely go to January 2020 and then convert it to a database. 

• Like 1