TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Love today's entry, the AI managers and visible AI pushes are yet more things to make the whole game feel alive, like you're actually running your promotion up against AI players rather than in something of a vacuum. Great stuff.

• Like 9

Big fan of the features announced today. Especially the AI managers change. No more taking over an AI company in the middle of a save to see that none of the managers have clients assigned to them :p 

I didn't get a chance to comment on the new products coming into the game but I'm excited for them. One thing I would like to see is companies changing products less often. Or an option to keep the product of a company static.

Beta is almost here!

• Like 9

While the initial lack of change of resolution was a big bummer to me, the influx of diary entries are giving me encouragement that we will a see very good evolving world as we play. Sounding good so far and will carry optimism into the beta period at the weekend.

Looking forward to this immensely. The front-end/user changes are big enough that this is an easy day one purchase.

Interpreting what I can on the database changes, I’m hoping I have it right and the improvements and what not make it easier for modmakers to get the projects done quicker than in previous versions. IMO, 95% of unfinished mods are caused by the sheer scale of the task and the automation additions look like great steps to bridge that pitfall. 

I am curious to see how RAW, MAW, QAW, and CWW have fared as I’ve had great games on 2020 with them. 

Equally, if the CV77 project gets an update for this, I wonder if it’ll stunt SWF’s growth (and likewise, any mod in the 80s for wwf and 90s in wcw) with the booking teams. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Teh_Showtime said:

I think I remember reading that the AI booker skill determines who they give the pushes too. I hope to test this extensively now.

I hope to test this extensively now

This sound like what you may have read?

18 hours ago, Bailey1985 said:

If you select pillage and then use the drop-down to select Schools you should already be able to do that. 

But i didn't have the option to do so. Consider that i decided to keep the company as a developmental company

27 minutes ago, Genox90 said:

But i didn't have the option to do so. Consider that i decided to keep the company as a developmental company

Right you are. I replied yesterday on the back of little sleep, so apologies and now seconding your suggestion. 

The AI manager change is an underrated one. In my experience, most wrestlers in longer term saves tend to retire to a manager position, only to rarely see use. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clairo said:

The AI manager change is an underrated one. In my experience, most wrestlers in longer-term saves tend to retire to a manager position, only to rarely see use. 

Which makes me wonder how the Manager of the Year award is calculated when there is no managing going on..

They usually see use in segments but aren't progressing any clients.

2 minutes ago, Astil said:

Does the AI use announces/colour/refs either?

Announcers and colour I think do get used. My only real evidence for this is they always gain high amounts of pop without being involved in any on-screen angles so the only thing I can think of is that they're used in matches.

Refs are definitely used because you can't run a match without them. I'm not home atm but if you click on the match details for an AI card, it will show the ref assigned to that match.

45 minutes ago, Astil said:

Does the AI use announces/colour/refs either?

Yes. I put announcers and color commentators in my child company and tracked their progress for a while. They improved their skills, so they must have done something.

I don't know that they "must have done something" is necessarily true. There could be a formula that automatically improves stats for AI company workers. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as it could reduce processing time compared to "really" using them.

16 minutes ago, piccamo said:

I don't know that they "must have done something" is necessarily true. There could be a formula that automatically improves stats for AI company workers. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as it could reduce processing time compared to "really" using them.

Stat gains maybe, but what about their pop?

Blimey.. If it hadn't been for Facebook, I wouldn't have know IX was coming

Having spent some looking around, I've seen some imagery online, but nothing here.

spacer.png
Anyone know if its official??

Edited by Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vocalorigami said:

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but will we have different city pop now instead of pop in Mid south and South east and so on?

It hasn’t been mentioned but that’s highly doubtful. It would require a lot of memory (I would think) to store all of that.