What's Going On in Your Game?

I wanted to start a women's division in TCW, went to hire some workers, and immediately my owner goals scuppered any plans to hire them. Improving the training facilities for a March graduation and switching to a split with women it is!

I just converted Mammoths 1970 mod and currently making some modifications to the database.  I plan on running two promotions once again.  NWA member WWWF and NWA member PCAC.  The plan is to build each promotion up as the king of the East/West during the 1970s before causing the NWA to have an all EAST vs. WEST coast NWA war in the 80s.  Not sure about the 90s, but my idea has been established.

Planning on stepping in and creating a competitive Canadian scene as well.

• Like 1

Just doing some testing of the game and messing with things. Thought I would share this for the community; 1986 mod with 100% wages, vs. with 1% wages. 

image.png?ex=66a6be6b&is=66a56ceb&hm=1980665f43a59aa4a0f5671ae4f2c4edc30b54d315c74102731eabfe484c4249&

image.png?ex=66a6be80&is=66a56d00&hm=4c28851af2a31f035fd686c8394c228541481791e3c64298cffb8d09d7387330&

Really like the scaling on this. At 1%, those numbers feel like they would be great for a pre-50s mod, which is super exciting to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FrankP85 said:

Just doing some testing of the game and messing with things. Thought I would share this for the community; 1986 mod with 100% wages, vs. with 1% wages. 

image.png?ex=66a6be6b&is=66a56ceb&hm=1980665f43a59aa4a0f5671ae4f2c4edc30b54d315c74102731eabfe484c4249&

image.png?ex=66a6be80&is=66a56d00&hm=4c28851af2a31f035fd686c8394c228541481791e3c64298cffb8d09d7387330&

Really like the scaling on this. At 1%, those numbers feel like they would be great for a pre-50s mod, which is super exciting to me. 

So what would I edit to get the 70s to reflect those wages and so on for the 80s?! 

eras?

I started a PSW game and signed Tennessee Williams and immediately on the first show I booked, it got announced that he was dating Venus Angeletti, who is only on the PSW roster now with him.

So they certainly moved fast

1 hour ago, Zero said:

So what would I edit to get the 70s to reflect those wages and so on for the 80s?! 

eras?

No clue, would have to trial and error it some. I didn't think that Hogan contract was too out of line though. I would probably start trying things around like...75% and see where you feel like you need to adjust. This is just wages adjusted, didn't do any tinkering with any of the other ones, which would all matter a lot too. 

So as discussed elsewhere, I decided to set up a spiritual replacement for Ollie going with El Avatar unemployed and just going easy mode to start...

First show below.

image.png

Opening show for my custom C-Verse promotion which is taking the spirit of OLLIE.

Hurracán Sandoval Jr topped the mountain and so we start off with a feel-good champion. Before the match The Force and El Hijo del Mephisto faced off, setting up a feud that will be my big non-title feud.

I messed up my booking because Super Massive Destroyer and El Hijo Del Águila were unimportant and a short squash bought the crowd down. The EMLL invasion was always meant to happen but the initial match between Snake King and El Avatar wasn't, I just threw it in there last minute to boost up the crowd (I actually wanted to lose the first match to up the stakes, but also wanted a feel good moment to fix the crowd issue). The EMLL contingent were Snake King, El Bandido, and El Bandido Jr, the latter of whom is entering into a feud proper with El Avatar (my character) as a symbol of the non-kayfabe alliance between our promotions. Big Smack Scott is retired, so I made him the manager/handler of Destroyer so I could just make him bully everyone whilst I build SMD up as my big monster heel.

Freedom Family are OLLIE royalty Tricolor Jr and Luis Montero Jr., they had a simple win over Space Invaders, but Flash Savage was at ringside and making eyes at Luis' manager and confidante Agueda Alonso, which almost cost Montero the match and is the start of a feud there.

P!NK is Velvet Suarez and Mystery Pink, whilst Luna Negra is Japanese Joshi star Fuyuko Higa and Celeste Moon/Aguila Azul Celeste. Celeste and Electric Dreamer are tag partners (Electric Blue Moon) turned rivals and they're right back at it, but Fuyuko is also going to be involved this time as I want to build her up as a major player for my women's division, so for now her and Celeste are rudo partners.

Phoenix IV opened the show, given the Phoenix line are OLLIE royalty it seemed the right choice, and didn't feel like they were ready for the top title yet so gave them the opener where Phoenix II and III gave a little assist.

Phoenix I (Phoenix IV's grandfather) signed with a more lucrative promotion annoyingly, and I talked my intended big heel Pablo Rodriguez out of retirement but massive offers from SWF and USPW at the last moment saw him turn his back on us, which is annoying as he was planned to be a marquee attraction for the premier as well as a major part of the booking team. Oh well!

Decent show, not spectacular. My next one will probably drop me from Medium size, but that always seemed likely whilst there's a lack of star power around.

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.534017756a687fb9e839700661b9774b.png

In the first TV episode the ladies tore the house down to decide the new Women's Champion, making me instantly regret not giving them the main event (I have heavy main event focus, and was worried the amount of unrecognised talent in there would pull the rating down). The members of the trios match at our first event all were the competitors, and Celeste came out on top this time thanks to Higa actively screwing over Dreamer (hence Dreamer being furious later in the night).

Super Massive Destroyer's destruction continues but honestly his segment ratings are making me nervous. Probably not helped that he's stuck with low card members whilst I build his pop and have him squash. Surprise that his manager isn't pulling up the rating a bit.

Bandido manages a win for his "invaders" and will now get his men to appear on TV after "El Avatar of LLPS" failed in his duty. This is obviously setting up some redemption and a battle against numerous EMLL competitors over time, first up a trios match teaming with the The Avenging Blue Dragon and the ultra talented Tigre.

Les Beau Étrangers (The Handsome Strangers) are a Canadian tag team of LeFleur and Raphael I put together to bolster the tag tanks. They beat The Freedom Family by count out thanks to Flash Savage, who again is working his charms on Agueda at ringside.

Critico and Tigre Salvaje Jr (same Tigre from earlier) were the token technical match, nothing really of note coming out of that except a decent bout.

Adding fuel to the EMLL fury, a contingent of EXODUS Twenty-10 wrestlers wrestled on the show. I've signed them largely because I needed more people for technical showcases, but it's also got angles within angles because in addition to the EMLL storyline, Kawagishi is the leader of the group and is grooming Yanagimoto into his heir, so I'm hoping that can play out on screen over time.

Meanwhile Sandoval got his first successful defence with Mephisto eating the loss thanks to The Force stopping him cheating and continuing their feud.

Edited by benjirino
  • Like 2

January 1996  - WWF 

My beta save (and maybe longer until a proper RW retro DB comes out) is a September 95 db but i've fast forwarded to January to be able to play. One month in and Royal Rumble was ok, I probably should have put the rumble on last but i've never had much luck with rumble ratings. 

bf093656bf8c258219496ddb22a3a89b.png

Main plans upcoming;

The plan is to hold off on HBK vs. Bret until I have a better chance to turn Shawn heel. So HBK vs. Diesel rematch is the plan this time with Shawn going over to hopefully set up the big rubber match down the line. With Shawn as heel and Diesel face in 95, plan is to switch that this time having Diesel turn on Shawn, setting up the boyhood dream win at Mania. 

Following a beatdown on Mr Perfect by Camp Cornette, he announced he had signed up one of the top teams in the world to help him get revenge and The Steiners debuted at the Rumble, winning the tag titles. They've come in as babyfaces, but at some point later in the year there are plans for them to go heel - more on that in a moment

Undertaker vs. Mabel is ending as quickly as it possibly can, and will be replaced by Taker vs. the debuting Mankind. That'll build to Mania where I may even choose to kill the streak before it begins - undecided on that.

A whole host of debutants and returners at the Rumble, but most notably is Greg Valentine who has returned to "prove a point" and remind everyone of the Greg Valentines of the late 70s and early 80s, not the rockabilly joke that people last remember him as. "Teach these punk kids a lesson" is the main mantra. The plan is for Shawn to vacate the IC title to challenge for the World, leaving a tournament to crown a new IC champ at Mania which I plan on Greg winning. This is ultimately to set up the big angle in the 2nd half of the year - Invasion of the NWA. I've purchased a couple of NWA title belts, i've brought in Dory Funk Jr to act as a figurehead and the aforementioned Steiners who will join the fray later in the year. Greg will likely "retire" the IC title replacing it with an NWA belt until he loses it. I'd also love to run a special attraction match of Shawn Michaels defending the WWF title against Dory Funk Jr in Amarillo in a passing of the Texas torch type deal.

All of this does leave a bit of a hole for Bret Hart. I think the plan here will be to extend the Jerry Lawler feud (limiting the involvement of Isaac Yankem as much as possible) to Mania and have them face off in a 1 on 1. Beyond that, I need to get my thinking cap on. 

51 minutes ago, benjirino said:

image.thumb.png.534017756a687fb9e839700661b9774b.png

In the first TV episode the ladies tore the house down to decide the new Women's Champion, making me instantly regret not giving them the main event (I have heavy main event focus, and was worried the amount of unrecognised talent in there would pull the rating down). The members of the trios match at our first event all were the competitors, and Celeste came out on top this time thanks to Higa actively screwing over Dreamer (hence Dreamer being furious later in the night).

Super Massive Destroyer's destruction continues but honestly his segment ratings are making me nervous. Probably not helped that he's stuck with low card members whilst I build his pop and have him squash. Surprise that his manager isn't pulling up the rating a bit.

Bandido manages a win for his "invaders" and will now get his men to appear on TV after "El Avatar of LLPS" failed in his duty. This is obviously setting up some redemption and a battle against numerous EMLL competitors over time, first up a trios match teaming with the The Avenging Blue Dragon and the ultra talented Tigre.

Les Beau Étrangers (The Handsome Strangers) are a Canadian tag team of LeFleur and Raphael I put together to bolster the tag tanks. They beat The Freedom Family by count out thanks to Flash Savage, who again is working his charms on Agueda at ringside.

Critico and Tigre Salvaje Jr (same Tigre from earlier) were the token technical match, nothing really of note coming out of that except a decent bout.

Adding fuel to the EMLL fury, a contingent of EXODUS Twenty-10 wrestlers wrestled on the show. I've signed them largely because I needed more people for technical showcases, but it's also got angles within angles because in addition to the EMLL storyline, Kawagishi is the leader of the group and is grooming Yanagimoto into his heir, so I'm hoping that can play out on screen over time.

Meanwhile Sandoval got his first successful defence with Mephisto eating the loss thanks to The Force stopping him cheating and continuing their feud.

Sounds amazing!

Started a 21CW developmental save. Yes I know they already have one but this was probably my most fun C-Verse save in 2020 and wanted to see if there is still the same problem of people being called up before they're ready as soon as they hit a certain popularity in 9.

Decided I'd challenge myself, got my initial roster from 21CW (added the Ivanoffs, DBF & Manchester to give me a handful of names to help backstage/get people over) and thought I'd let the AI decide my first champion. I put all my roster (minus the already mentioned names who would dominate) in to wheel of names and let that pick my 8 for a round robin, then let the game do all the tournament results.

Starting to get some ideas for how I'll pick things up in the full version. Grainger getting beat so much threw me a little as he would've been one of my top babyface's had I booked it myself, but I'm going to pair him up with DBF in  a mentor/re-finding confidence type deal. Lone Wolf on the other hand, I have no idea how to recover someone like that when the product won't allow me to have him fall back on deathmatches and turn him into a complete psycho. He might end up as a bodyguard or something. Some of the names who missed out on the tournament are have found spots going forward. Weldon & Singleton had great chemistry on the first show when they were fed to the Ivanoffs so I at least had 1 title active, so they've turned that into a programme, with Sharif and Archer probably the next challengers as I've just found more positive chemistry on the last show. Iggy Riot is working with Nate Manchester to give him a start.

As for the title itself I'm not sure how I'd like the last round to go. If Cain wins I can go right into a Strife feud as they had positive chemistry, if King gets a 3 way tie it buys me a little more time while I do a triple threat (sticking with the AI deciding) and if Warburton wins I guess it would be poetic as in my 2020 save I gave him the title but he broke his neck in his first defence and never came back before I moved away from the save, but the problem is he's caused problems backstage and has lower morale after being called out so he was probably the one I didn't want to win.

image_2024-07-29_163919709.png

Started out running MAW, got to the rip chord invitational and I had my first case of a worker turning up asking to work in the form of ace youngblood... Needless to say the show is now featuring ace youngblood answering the open challenge of the historian.

• Like 1

Just thinking of my inner circle for WWF in 1985

I looked at the candidates for chief enforcer.  Paul Orndorff is the toughest guy, I was quite surprised at Hulk Hogan's toughness level, dude.  Was half expecting him to go and slam Mr. Wonderful right there and then, brother.

Time to sign Haku.

Bruno Sammartino as head of talent relations.

I've never really been a female wrestling guy, but I started to book it more and more in most 2016 saves (I didn't play 2020) so since we have a women's champion to start the game, I'm going to make the most of it.  I also watched some Dump Matsumoto videos through the years and I like the cut of her jib.  She's eligible to be signed and I couldn't say no.

I will be doing the Royal Rumble in 1985.  Get your money on Piper.

* 1985 not 1984. 

Edited by Alan James
  • Like 2

I don't think I've ever used David Sammartino before.  Sure, I've had him, but he never did anything.  He seems to enjoy being son of head of talent relations here. haha

Spreading rumours about Pat Patterson didn't cause much harm, but he couldn't avoid the fine when he crashed into Vince's rental car. 

David Sammartino, you have earned yourself a push, kid. Well done.

Loving the creative idea option.  It was sweet for Wendi to have the idea because I have Wendi vs Leilani Kai booked for the royal rumble, so I'm going to use it for their match later.

BCG Beta Test

BCG Heritage Tour notes - January 1st to 10th

- Razan Okamoto challenged BCG World Heavyweight Champion Rokuemon Matsushita to a match for Heritage

- The Gaijin formed a faction called Aces & Eights (I have hot shotted 3 factions in the first month) lead by Big Bruiser Findlay. Logan Wolfsbaine teams with them but has not officially joined. Other members are Animal Harker, Giant Brody and Austin Smooth

- Bunrakuken Torii challenged Funakoshi to a match at Heritage to see who is next in line for the title

- Ichiro Mitsukuri & Koyo Kinoshita challenge '3K' Kadonomaro Kamisaka & Kiyotaka for the Tag Titles at Heritage

- Logan Wolfsbaine challenges Takenori Doi for a Challengers Series Title match after pinning him in a tag match, the next tour night Doi sustains a broken neck so his partner Ginji Kisaka steps up to take his place

- Quake was released after 1 tour show after getting into a fight and beating up a referee 

- New signings included Road Agents Toshinobu Taku, Naganori Watari and Harumi Okazawa. Referees Sadanobu Koruba, Koin Momotani and Isao Takemura. Wrestlers Ryobe Uno, Shuga Amano, Ritsu Ibata, Azumamaro Shimizu, Danjuro Kikuchi and Shogo

BCG Heritage January 15th 2022 - Key Matches and Moments

- Shogo defeated Roku Satomura in his BCG Debut

- Former GCG wrestlers Ryube Uno & Azumamaro Shimizu teamed with 'The Golden Lions' Mabuchi Furusawa & SUKI to defeat Sharaku Okimasa, Yutaka Ogata and Yokokawa & Sen. In post match comments they dubbed themselves 'The Golden Company'

- The team of Blast Ikoma, Dynamite Narahashi & Yoshisada Matsuzawa defeated Shuga Amano, Yoshinaka Taku & Tanyu Toshusai

- 3K retained their BCG World Heavyweight Tag Titles against Ichiro Mitsukuri & Koyo Kinoshita heading into Tag Mania with some momentum

- Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Ginji Kisaka to claim the vacant BCG Challenger Series Title (which after his touring contract expired and I did not realize the title was vacated again so I retired it in favor of purchasing and eventually reinstating the GCG Openweight Title and beginning a BCG Jrs division)

- 'Machinegun' Bunrakuken Torri defeated Funakoshi to cement his place as next contender BUT ALSO lead a post match attack on him with Blast Ikoma, Dynamite Narahashi & Yoshisada Matsuzawa declaring that 'THE BULLET CLUB' is calling the shots now in BCG

- (utilising the new creative finishers and creative team meetings) Razan Okamoto defeated Rokuemon Matsushita to win the BCG World Heavyweight Championship

Next up BCG Tag Mania.....

• Like 3

That's the 3 months in the book, a good but perhaps underwhelming Wrestlemania thanks to a shoddy performance from Diesel in the main event (the rubber match will certainly not be at a future Mania) 

Razor picked up a 442 day injury the week of Mania but still managed to pull off a really good performance so that was nice. Now we wait until Saturday to take it all forward!

New finances seem a lot more balanced, I actually made a loss on Mania due to the extra set and band appearance (I didn't even go full spend on these) which seems pretty on point for the era. 

857e704d81919787de2d214511ba3466.png

• Like 3

As is tradition, I've allowed for non-wrestling non-TEW friends to pick my first two saves, with the one I've started so far in the C-Verse being SAISHO. Always like to get a company I've never tried, and even better when its a trip to Japan, which I rarely do but will always enjoy myself, so I should do it more. ANYWAY SAISHO is great fun, a smaller roster, kinda under the nose of the other companies, and a straight forward product and booking style, always a recipe for fun. We just finished Guard of Honour '22 (February) and heading into the A-1 Grand Prix, so here is the major happenings going on:

SAISHO DESTINY TITLE SCENE: KAZ has been on the warpath with the belt since the save began, his 7th run overall has seen him first defeat Zenshin Makioka in the main event of Battleground Japan '22 (January) before meeting an old face in Eiichi Umehara, returning to the company after a long time bleeding in WEXV. Their match would be bloody and brutally hard hitting, but "MR. SAISHO" would put the returning Umehara away with a Super Rana. After the match, he entered himself into the A-1, the first time (in my headcanon) the champion has done so. Not only will he have that to worry about (losing to a suprise opponent would surely mean a rematch with the title on the line), but the man he won that belt from in the first place, Lion Genji has surprisingly been patient about getting a rematch, but after going the distance with Motoyuki Miyake at Battleground and then dominating Torch Nakazawa, he is becoming increasingly hungier for it, so a showdown in the A-1 could be possible.

SAISHO RIDE THE TIGER TITLE SCENE: Gidayu Katou has been focused on defending his (awesomely named) championship at all costs, putting sweat and tears on the line, first against young upstart Wataru Kikumoto, and then a game changed Motoyuki, who bested him a few times in tag and six mans during the tour after making a challenge to Gidayu's face. Speaking of, "The Lariat" has started to grow a rather big head, with him claiming few are "On his level" and he continues to be "Disappointed by the lack of challenges in SAISHO"...

The GOLDEN-Op and Heat's War: The first few tours of 2022 saw Jinzaburo Kakinomoto and Naruhiko Koizumi (now going by The Banner Men) and the Hurt (Billy Robinson and Nigel Svensson) trade some singles wins and seemingly earn each others respect, this would culminate to a tag between the two that The Hurt would come out on top of. After the post match hand shake, Azumamaro Shimizu would debut walking out to the ring before The Hurt suddenly attacked The Banner Men! Joining in on the beatdown, it would only be stopped by WASHI HEAT sprinting down and saving them! In the post show confrence, This new group would be christened the GOLDEN-Op (or GOLDEN Opportunity), respecting and caring only about themselves. Washi Heat immediately declared war on the faction, trying to find others opposed to them, eventually settling on the Diamond Dogs (The Banner Men we're giving time off to heal up for the next tour), who unsuccessfully challenged GOLDEN-Op to a six man. With the A-1 coming up, both Shimizu (who despises Heat for stealing his debut thunder) and Washi are in it, as well as some Op members, this is just getting started!

SAISHO DESTINY TAG TITLES SCENE: The Wild Springbroks have been dominate in the tag scene, usually sneak attacking their victims, before finishing off the hunt at the big event, first attacking the veterans of Shiba Mizoguchi & Torajiro Sekozawa, then moving on to Shuzo Utagawa and Masafumi Torii, defending the titles against both teams. The tag division is still diverse and growing, so their ways won't be able to get them ahead forever, although Ben Markram is looking for the big win entering the A-1, so we'll have to see.

The A-1 has 16 competitors, so I'll be busy mapping that out, let alone the rest of the event, but this save has been very fun especially with everything going on with me, a nice distraction lol. Knock on wood I haven't had anyone stolen besides Babau doing a tour of BHOTWG (hence why the The Night Terrors haven't had a huge role), I'm bringing in two gaijins for the A-1, Pavel Vanzycha and Austin Smooth, so the whole tournament should be rather fun!

• Like 3