What's Going On in Your Game?

I’ve been having fun running a revived Championship Wrestling from Boston, having brought Charles Davison out of retirement as the new owner. We’ve been building around Antonio Del Veccio as the champ and leader of the Del Veccio Syndicate, with Nate DeMarcus being poised as the hungry babyface hoping to dethrone him.

I edited in a relationship where Davison is the uncle of DeMarcus, with DeMarcus being poised to eclipse his uncle. I also brought in Canadian Crusher and rebranded him as Iron Tim Milligan, a kayfabe grandson of the legendary Iron Michael Milligan, who’s being slowly built as a future challenger for DeMarcus.

I’ve been able to make some decent in-roads the first six months, getting picked up on WrestleWorld and scoring some decent scores with the aforementioned talent, the L.A. Stars in my tag division and the occasional appearance from Ernest Youngman, if I’m really looking to move tickets.

17 hours ago, joycieboy said:

Here's my card for the fast approaching WrestleMania 21. There's a few odd bits on the show that without context are questionable *cough cough* Rene Dupree Texas Death Match *cough*

image.jpeg

WOMENS.jpg

RD CJ.jpg

RO VS RF.jpg

E VS TU.jpg

WTT MATCH.jpg

TR VS SCSA.jpg

Batista vs EG.jpg

WG VS CJ.jpg

JC VS KA.jpg

Lets hope Hassan is pushed to the Moon and in the same match the Psychopath suffers a career ending injury.

Hell's First Children - lol

Love those two Main Championship matches - Cena better win because Kurt is ... well .... problematic ... not Psychopath problematic but problematic nonetheless.

I had so much plan for Kate Lilly -- created a storyline for her, formed a gaijin tag team with Paige Croft (I even made Croft drop the belt as she has a different champion partner), ready to set her up as like a leader to faction and BAM, she decided to relocate back to USA on the next day after her debut show.

image.thumb.png.97225fc342f4a83d6ce85598213ca684.png

I can't afford the travel fee as an insignificant Japan fed so oh well, all the work for nothing and it hurts more than an injury. In-character I do understand the move. As she's out of 5SSW she should be looking for another opportunity on the western hemisphere.

Edited by Goliathus

2 minutes ago, FINisher said:

You can always ask her to move back in :D Is the information about travel expenses now viewable from somewhere? And if so, where?

I thought about it but I want to stay realistic. The "talk to" system is too OP in both the MMA games and this as in the talents give too much of a darn about someone that should really be insignificant. I shouldn't be able to convince her at all and I don't want to try in case I actually would succeed.

As for the travel cost, check help. It's broken down in 23.13 Travel Clause.

I don't know if I have to pay something if the contract term had me not paying travel cost, but I don't see someone flying half the globe for an insignificant fed anyway so I would not use her. Edit: 23.13 did say that I only pay if I have that in the contract.

Edited by Goliathus

Fed popularity 20, Youngman & Pope (surfer dude lucas) pop 52 a piece.  No segment boosts (i.e. major positive for a promo), just plain ole fighting, trash talking and distracting, commentating, or botching a hit job... they'd been hovering around 78-80, and one time 84... and then:

YEEHAW.thumb.png.9a2dbf2281c13e7f3d661988f2e370de.png

(see, you can have nice things in Detroit)

Edited by elmiticomark
  • Like 2

I made it to today in the CornellVerse!

image.thumb.png.0036c73d47501dea5f87b529ecbfb9ad.png

21CW is in a death spiral.

Nicky Champion, Lenny Brown and Killer Shark hold the main titles.

CWA is killing it in match quality despite losing main eventers.

Meanwhile I am struggling through a bad industry/economy:

image.png.c831542e7def7fa95f30cd58f44f22c9.png

• Like 1

Still trying to find a game I stick with at the moment (and partially just trying to get more used to the game world outside OLLIE/Mexico :lol: ), so running through TCW month one...

image.png

Immediate takeaway - I messed up by booking some additional promos and forgetting to balance out match length for it. Whoops. Lesson learned, but the segments and matches all got good ratings so it wasn't a total loss, just a bummer that I messed up the product settings.

So the pre-set feud of Jay Chord and Greg Gauge - sons of Rip Chord and Sam Keith respectively - was in, and it wound up involving TCW legend Ricky Dale Johnson (RDJ), who came and initially tried to play peacemaker to the pair following an acrimonious sit-down interview segment. Instead Chord attacked RDJ and has been spitting on the legacy of anyone outside his own family. Chord used a "creative finish" to retain his title, involving a chain (in my head he used it on RDJ to injure him, thus distracting Gauge long enough to win) which he had used in promos to represent the ties that bind, and how Chord's ties to his family were unbreakable - whilst Gauge didn't even use his father's stage name. This feud isn't over and will be leading to a chain rematch at the next PPV.

T-Bone is my red hot up and comer. He won the King of Kings and was attacked by Wolf who claimed he didn't deserve it. Wolf has been using his Syndicate cronies to take out T-Bone over the month, and T-Bone has been tearing people apart in response. The match ended in an intentional DQ when Mitchell Aldred (a hot prospect from MAW who had debuted in the battle royal earlier in the evening) debuted and attacked T-Bone, joining Syndicate in the process.

The Syndicate's Flint Slater had been chasing Mighty Mo's TV title, and had attacked Mo's ex-tag partner Tana in order to get it. He had wound up cost the actual match when Tana revealed he wasn't as injured as he put on, and helped Mo retain the belt, setting up the tag match for the PPV. Whilst Tana ate the loss (he's not long for retirement), I thought I'd give him a sweet moment showing his heart.

Devine Fortune picked up something of a surprise win for the tag titles. They had stolen H2-Whoa's tag belts but H2-Whoa stole them back via manager Laura Higgins after they lost a six-man, making Devine Fortune's win phyrric. Thankfully DF picked up the win on this show, and despite Laura stealing the titles back before, she actually cost them the match this time by trying to introduce them and accidentally nailing her own guy. This feud isn't over.

Quentin "The Drama" Queen has targeted "Ace" Andrews as the totemic babyface of TCW. The Drama sees Ace as his ticket to the big time and has cost him matches and taunted him continually. Finally Andrews got the match he wanted, but wound up distracted by a female fan (Mellow Flashheart) who seems to have become obsessed with him. Interesting timing for a Marilyn Monroe look-a-like to pop up when a "Drama Queen" is about, eh?

The Metal Dukes was set up because Sammy Bach had nothing to do and I needed a tag partner to help push Duke Freeman, who is described as good in the ring but not connecting with the crowd in character (this is where Sammy comes in). After a month of looking for a mentor and winding up instead tortured by The Elite after he refused their kind of mentorship, Freeman finally found a mentor in "Rock God" Bach, who made Duke debut his own rock persona at the show... it debuted poorly. This push for Freeman may not last too long...

Meanwhile the monthly "get people on the card battle royal" was won by Bart Biggins for a TV title shot down the line.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm watching CZCW steadily climb the rankings. I'm in June 2026 currently and they are now ranked #2 in Company Wars in the entire world behind USPW. Been fascinating to watch them steadily climb. CWA continues to dominate year end awards but not really grow/move up the rankings. TCW and 21CW seem to be bouncing back and forth between struggling and moving back up. I don't traditionally play the CVerse and know very little about it. So I'm playing a watcher game to learn and explore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Weimer said:

I'm watching CZCW steadily climb the rankings. I'm in June 2026 currently and they are now ranked #2 in Company Wars in the entire world behind USPW. Been fascinating to watch them steadily climb. CWA continues to dominate year end awards but not really grow/move up the rankings. TCW and 21CW seem to be bouncing back and forth between struggling and moving back up. I don't traditionally play the CVerse and know very little about it. So I'm playing a watcher game to learn and explore.

CZCW is killing it in my sim too.  Their Coast to Coast is average 72 rating per episode.  (Also, EWA is just at 53 pop and has 1.5 million in the bank).... with CZCW, I have a ground up promotion that has TV, and I had to move from Monday to Wednesday because I kept getting beat by CZCW (they kept having tag match main events that were drawing 77-82 ratings every episode). 

14 minutes ago, elmiticomark said:

New team, now I just need two more signings to recreate my favorite comedy representation of wrestling. (the Minor Annoyance as The Trashman?)

Screenshot_1.png.b65a3292578663417150f19ec9acd6b2.png

But who will be Crickett? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

But who will be Crickett? 

I think the TEWIX Gods might be smiling on this idea (but, I want to find a more fitting resemblance to Frank for TTM) (am I a bad person if I give this guy Crickett's habit attributes?---I guess Crickett is more of a tweener though the taliban was a TV squash heel wrestler?)

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.bebb9b916aacf9e49bdd7b64e7b500bb.png

Edited by elmiticomark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elmiticomark said:

I think the TEWIX Gods might be smiling on this idea (but, I want to find a more fitting resemblance to Frank for TTM) (am I a bad person if I give this guy Crickett's habit attributes?---I guess Crickett is more of a tweener though the taliban was a TV squash heel wrestler?

I would argue, he is main event.  He decimated the birds of war until the Trashman took him out

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.e57a649f4078865358eee64b387b0439.png

Just finished my first Total Mayhem last night and going to the somewhat obvious main event of Andrews vs. Chord paid off nicely.

Originally, I was going for T-Bone vs. Chord in the main event, but T-Bone got settled with a low popularity cap (originally he topped out at 72, by now he's at least up to 74 most likely because TCW has grown in size, but maybe he's also still getting better). Then I also had some problems with Jay Chord being unhappy with Flint Slater as my second enforcer (which, yeah, was a boneheaded idea) and my workhorse being unhappy and his potential challenger having low pop made me pivot about a month and a half before Total Mayhem and build towards Ace reclaiming his top spot.

I feel I still lived up to the King Of Kings stip by having T-Bone in the co-main against Wolf with the stipulation being that if Wolf won (as he did, of course), T-Bone would never get a shot at the TV title as long as Wolf holds it (yes, I put the TV title on Hawkins - I love having great workers defend the TV title and Wolf has always been just about my favourite character in the CVerse anyway) whereas if T-Bone had won, Hawkins would not have been eligible for a World Title shot for two years.

I threw Bach and Tornado together in a punk rock tag team (managed by Nicole Kiss) and while they don't give me much in terms of match quality most times (especially Tornado), H2Woah managed to drag out a good match out of them and the reunited Biggins Boys on the big show.

Nick Booth got injured which is why Charlie Thatcher (who I had just signed for 3 months to bleed some overness) ended up on the card as his replacement.

My most expensive signing so far was Shooter Sean Deeley who made his debut on Total Mayhem against his former CWA colleague Callum.

"Mighty Arsenal" is the rather uninspired name for Tana and Human Arsenal who I found hat great chemistry and didn't have much else to do (though, other than almost any TCW save in the past, I've actually kept Tana very strong because he's my morale officer and I want him happy as a clam).

Gauge and Remus put out a real banger (after their first two matches only being in the 70s) and Remus actually surpassed Huggins and Hocking in pop and is definitely a rising star.

"All Business" are Seth Whitehead and my day 1 signing Ernest Youngman (managed by Haley Buck) who are also doing really well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zero said:

I would argue, he is main event.  He decimated the birds of war until the Trashman took him out

You're right, or at the very least he was a jobber to the star

b2czHm.gif.b1b46f5b9319a2716fd13ac2e1b515b9.gif

also, welcome to GlobalVision's worldwide audience, The Minor Annoyance and Ferdy Lloyd!  (William Hayes will debut as The Megalomaniac, he loves you like his kids, but don't ask about those, he don't got those... not no more)

Screenshot_2.png.edae2a71c00ebe33a502afe78ee6e144.png

Edited by elmiticomark
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 1:44 AM, elmiticomark said:

These updates have got me wanting to run a retro real world sim... Lately, I rewatched the original RAW's (curiosity watch since I was an 8 year old who saw the Memorial Auditorium, Burlington VT episodes in person, wanted to see how much I remembered...)

I do wonder how that games mechanics would rate Lex Luger having the "Mr. America!" gimmick 😂

Lex is using the ol City Slicker gimmick here.   I've set the face vs heel at loosely, so he's doing that typical thing of being Sting's mate, workout buddy and so on, but how can Sting be friends with such a man? blah blah blah  Sting told Lex to stay out of his match vs Stan Hansen at Great American Bash.  Lex is all, ''yeah, of course,'' but Stan connects with the lariat, he's our new TV champion, or is he? No, Lex comes in and causes the disqualification.

Then we get the drama. Sting, as trusting as ever, he never learns. ''I told you to stay out of it.'' ''Sorry, mate, won't happen again.'' ''Thanks, Lex.''

Nikita Koloff won the Crockett Cup, he defeated Harley Race in the final.  It's that time, Harley, you're putting some people over now.  He's not best pleased about losing to Vader but it's happening.

Dusty Rhodes' contract ends in a month, so I'm going to let it run out.  He's been feuding with Jake the snake for months, so now time for Jake to get a win.  The reason why I'm letting my second-biggest face go is because I've signed Ricky Steamboat. woohoo.  I'd say I got the better deal here.  A 1986 version of Ricky Steamboat is dreamy.

• Like 1

Second month for TCW in the can, and I'm definitely feeling this now...

image.thumb.png.ecd019002dbce3e60255f51f34ba7bc9.png

The main event saw a dog collar match based on Jay's obsession with the chains of their families tying them together. Over the month he once again brutalised RDJ when Gauge was accidentally distracted by his own father trying to tell him to do whatever it took to win, but not to lose his soul in the process. Cue the PLE and Chord's reminder that "Dad never forgot...", which was a hint at what will be the revelation that RDJ felt guilty about being the man to retire Rip Chord, and that's why he'd tried to play peacemaker here. RDJ wound up being the heel turn difference maker and of course, this is going to lead to even further blood feuding for Act III.

Meanwhile T-Bone finally got his win proper over Wolf Hawkins after Wolf told his men to stay back. T-Bone got revenge over Aldred for costing him last month during the TV weeks and Wolf and T-Bone had cost each other a number one contenders match. This was a simple blow-off. There's a small chance I continue it for Wolf seeking revenge, but I'm fairly comfy with where this has ended and may be leading to a brief bit of Syndicate in-fighting since Flint also finished his feud with Mo after losing the final blow-off (he "won" one match, but Mo's foot was under the ropes, so the decision was reversed, and Mo agreed to a Hardcore match so long as there was no interference for the blow-off on TV).

The four way tag match was mostly a divisional highlight, I've got a new "TCW Total Tag Turmoil Tournament" scheduled because I've arranged a whole bunch of tag teams I like. It'll be a round-robin tournament, with the winners facing the tag champs at Total Mayhem. Behemoths came out on top because I wanted to give them a bit more momentum going into it to look like big heel threats.

Ace Andrews got his win back from Quentin Queen. The "stalker"/superfan was revealed as Mallow Flashheart, who actually genuinely did help Ace as she revealed she was a big Ace fan and that Queen was actually an old drama teacher of hers who screwed her over. Of course, the story didn't end there, as Mallow tried to kiss Ace, who revealed he's actually in a relationship already. Who is this mystery lover? Well that's for another day, but needless to say it seemed Quentin Queen seemed pleased with the development.

H2-Whoa gained their tag titles back after a month of stealing the belts back and forth. The match type was decided when H2-Whoa's resident third man Roderick Rhemus went one-on-one with Devine Fortune's chosen man... which turned out to be Chance's former tag partner and totemic babyface of TCW Ace Andrews. Obviously Andrews won (even despite a whole bunch of shenanigans that also included Quentin Queen) and they selected a ladder match. Unfortunately Chance's contract is coming up and he's asking for more money than I'd like for someone on the wrong side of 40, so because I'm undecided on re-signing him, H2-Whoa continue their tag team division dominance for now. This feud is over now though.

The Metal Dukes (Sammy Bach and Duke Freeman) continued their beef with the Elite, with Elite using others and sneak attacks to try and take out the Dukes. It was a pretty simple feud for the most part, but aligning with Sammy has done the wonders I hoped for from Duke. This pairing is paying off well enough, and I feel like they are natural next contenders for H2-Whoa despite being a new team.

Meanwhile Joshua Taylor won the monthly battle royal for a shot at Mo's TV title. He and Chris Flynn have formed a holier-than-thou tag team called "The Shining Examples", with one being a jock with good physique and one being straight edge. I see them as fitting between singles and tag occasionally but I just really loved the pairing and see them as a good pair of foes for Mo. Strongly contemplating putting the belt on Taylor as he's one of our best ring generals and would be good for getting regular solid matches on TV.

The final match was a little women's exhibition. I've been quietly adding women to the roster - Ryder debuted with Hot Property's Lachlan Barrett and Byron Holland as a bubbly addition playing Lachlan's cousin and Byron's friend. Lachlan is "The Hot One", Joy is "The Fun One", and Byron is "The One" (because he's meant to be boring and just doesn't have an adjective. Mellow has been involved in the Ace Andrews/Quentin Queen programme as mentioned before. Fuyuko Higa has debuted as a model along with male model Brandon Saito (who I have dubbed "The Brand"). This was Talia's debut and she's debuting as a powerful woman using the Mistress of the Backbreaker gimmick. I think I'm going to make her the enforcer for a smaller male competitor, which would be Jeremie Courtney, but he's whining a lot about losing and his contract is up, so I'm letting him go.

During the event Jason Azaria my "legacy" commentator was clashing with Kyle Rhodes... who is my boss. Azaria's bio says he is not long to go out to pasture, so good news... Duane Fry the best PBP commentator in the game had his contract with SWF come up, and we got him. Though Shawn Doakes has been groomed for the PBP role he only has 70s for his rating and Azaria is 90s. I paid a bit above at 88k, but a jump from Azaria 71 (near end of career anyway) and Doakes 77 for two existing PBP team members, who are around 25k each and a boost for basically every single segment felt worth the investment.

In significant signings news Alduous Blackfriar is also incoming - wanted to keep him indy for a while for more experience, but SWF forced my hand by offering him a contract, so I'll find a role for him somewhere. I also tried to sign Funky Fedora from USPW but was prevented from offering enough by Kyle Rhodes. Not a major loss, but could have been a solid hand.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, elmiticomark said:

Why not... Throwaway one time show to do something with The Birds of War (thumbnail breakdown)

It's Always Windy In Chicago porque no

Segment1.thumb.png.efadced9806a5c55c2c673900767bf78.png Segment2.thumb.png.5f0fc394f98875fb0c83cdddebee340d.png Segment3.thumb.png.f60d0a4bd3938a1cca2b950023fe1ce3.png Segment4.thumb.png.0dca61e206da0c167bb36b0eae2d9bec.png  Segment5.thumb.png.50c683463b075f8bab79d04798361d3d.png

Segment6.thumb.png.214ab2dce92681248bff3555c46488f5.png  Segment7.thumb.png.7760c9e6d5a6eca8606c30a721adab3e.png  Segment8.thumb.png.6ba93666e83aa2014ade65b1293b2d20.png  Segment9.thumb.png.c5f2276272e5f29643fb63a5cb8628bd.png  Segment10.thumb.png.db951940d6aafff85aea86acbd9546bc.png

Segment11.thumb.png.d47583838719e9b8aa829ff39ab072be.png  Card.thumb.png.c9418148f7fca10db4279c648eb5ca14.png

TheMegalomaniac.thumb.png.64688c7743e47ce7b39861bc25a05262.png  Worker-FrickittyCricket(PowerRat).thumb.png.4a46af17364aef6fcdf6b165fbefbd17.png  Worker-SweetBabyBreeStandish.thumb.png.4b792e65f8d66d1b0385089b454effff.png  Worker-TheTrashman.thumb.png.1173794ae20e2ace31d80a0af4ffde39.png

Five stars, all of it

• Like 1

I started a GSW game in the CVerse and it's been an exercise in both fun and frustration.  I took over CJ as my character and I imagine he's had to convince Grimm of a few things:

Yes we need "Super Ninja" Ota as an extra book, manager, and such for our new Urban Strong Style approach.

We need to pivot to Urban Strong Style (mostly cause I wanna, but it does make the promotion stand out)

Yes, the "old guys" need to become a hot new stable because they can actually work. Capp, Touch, and Gravedigga are way better than this invading label angle. Hence the Bulletproof OGs were born. They're very likely to get a big push and maybe grab a younger protégé or something. Suddenly the matches against the tough guy Latino faction don't suck.

Speaking of? Piggy Bank is gone. Yes we can try Fat Pad as a manager. TT has serious promise at a tag team mentor to some new guys and a road agent. But yeah, they're gone. 

If you can't work the new style and won't try? You're out. Weirdly, BB Colossus is in because one talk with him about cardio and he's out running before every show. Even if he can't boost it much? I'll find a place for a guy with that much hustle. Though I really wish he'd take my "just get in better shape" advice. 

So who's in? Well Ota is bringing in Al Coleman, who he dropped the belt to in Coastal Zone. This was just a happy accident as Coleman was looking for work and he's as over as my stars. But the mysterious Japanese promoter with his technical wrestler ace in the hole is really working. No "the crowd doesn't like him" stuff. 

Money keeps dropping as we're running TV again. But the bleed is slow and the population gains might turn the page on that soon. 

Long term plans include some sort of horror themed freakshow invading stable (casting this is going to be very careful, so it will take time) and a possible eventual shift to flashy spectacle and less generic hardcore.

About six months into a C-verse save, I just saw a random event trigger where an anonymous donor left CWW $5,000,000 in his will. Their net worth the day before was about 15k.

Going to be interesting to see if how the AI handles the sudden windfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exeter said:

About six months into a C-verse save, I just saw a random event trigger where an anonymous donor left CWW $5,000,000 in his will. Their net worth the day before was about 15k.

Going to be interesting to see if how the AI handles the sudden windfall.

In the past I've found to keep it from just getting whittled away by taxes and nothing ever happens with it? I'd need to temporarily take control of it just long enough to make some sensible expenditures based on the amount of money and the promotion, owner, and booker. So CWW might invest in a training dojo or perhaps get a small internet channel to show its matches (maybe both). When I had 4C get 25mil in a game of mine? I gave them a fairly large channel and a dojo and while they bled money for a year or two? They used that to promote themselves to the point where last I played that save? They were at Medium in Canada and had outlasted a downturn north of the border that closed nearly every other company.

It's true that once you toss control back to AI these might result in the company not handling these well, but I note over time they always have more of an impact. 

For ex, even if CWW ends up opening a training center that leads to them eventually going under or having to close it because they're not making enough? Its very likely the UK wrestling scene will be changed by at least one or two exceptional graduates.

Its a bit more work to do this when it comes up. But I find it shakes up certain areas nicely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1