General Gameplay Questions Thread

2 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

Only one event can be season finale, so you'd need to choose.

OK, so if I have a Wrestlemania-like Event, wouldn't that mean that the first night(s) would have significantly lesser attendance, than the last day (the actual Season Finale in this case)?

Is there any good workaround to handle the Events for Wrestlemania-like scenarios the same? So that attendance and importance would rise equally for all of them?

Should I just not use a Season Finale, so they will be treated the same?

I got a question maybe someone could help with. 

How would you guys book a match where a manager would take a bump or something along those lines.

For example I have Scythe vs Valiant and I want Scythe to win by having Hannah get on the apron but accidentally getting knocked off by Valiant leading to Scythe hitting his finish.

2 hours ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

I got a question maybe someone could help with. 

How would you guys book a match where a manager would take a bump or something along those lines.

For example I have Scythe vs Valiant and I want Scythe to win by having Hannah get on the apron but accidentally getting knocked off by Valiant leading to Scythe hitting his finish.

There's a botched manager interference road agent note

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hawk1665 said:

I have a question related to Momentum and Popularity.

Most of my roster has hot to white hot momentum. I had a guy (Rokuemon Matsushita) go 8-1 during a tournament with white hot momentum and his only loss to another major star, yet he *lost* popularity and downgraded from major star to star. Matsushita has an 88 in star quality for reference, so it's not that.

I get you can't just keep getting popularity forever and it stabilizes for major stars around your company popularity, but I really don't understand how someone could be booked so strongly, already be a major star, and yet lose popularity and status in the company. 

What was Matsushita's popularity beforehand? What was the match rating? What was the actual popularity change? What was his opponents popularity change? What type of finish was there to the match?

Edited by eayragt

I feel dumb asking this, but how do I defend an alliance title on my show? I've brought the champion in on an alliance trade. I just can't figure out how to see the title. It isn't listed on the drop down or in my title section and I can't seem to "borrow" titles only workers from the alliance section. What am I overlooking?

6 minutes ago, dubb93 said:

I feel dumb asking this, but how do I defend an alliance title on my show? I've brought the champion in on an alliance trade. I just can't figure out how to see the title. It isn't listed on the drop down or in my title section and I can't seem to "borrow" titles only workers from the alliance section. What am I overlooking?

On the main booking screen in the bottom toolbar there should be a borrow alliance titles button.  If you borrow a title held by a worker at another fed it will automatically borrow the worker as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eayragt said:

What was Matsushita's popularity beforehand? What was the match rating? What was the actual popularity change? What was his opponents popularity change? What type of finish was there to the match?

He fell from 55 to 54, match was 68. Finish was flash pinfall inside cradle. Okamoto's fell as well. 57 to 55 there.

All of my major stars in general have fallen in popularity across the board actually by a few points. Rokuemon just stands out by how much of a god push he's gotten.

5 minutes ago, Donners said:

Might be too early to ask, but are popularity caps less obvious than 2020? My company wound up with the whole midcard and above stuck on the same numbers indefinitely, which became terribly boring.

They seem to operate exactly the same from what I've seen in my save

I have a question I've searched for an answer for and can't find. 

Why is the projected attendance for B Shows so far off? I keep getting projected attendances in the 5-6000 range and end up getting actual attendance around 1400. It's been this way for every show I have for the over 2 months of my save. Is this a known bug?

For people with small feds.  Do you go to other regions outside of the one you are based in?  If so, when?

I have an attitude entertainment product that is finally out of debt.  It is a women's promotion with a small men's division. I want to do weekly shows with a big annual event at the end of the month.  Trying to determine if it is ever worth it to go to other regions outside of my home region. 

Also, how are y'all gaining pop for your workers?  I've had to job out workers who get let go from bigger companies.  Seems harder for the ladies in cornellverse

Edited by Dink
Grammer

7 hours ago, Hawk1665 said:

He fell from 55 to 54, match was 68. Finish was flash pinfall inside cradle. Okamoto's fell as well. 57 to 55 there.

All of my major stars in general have fallen in popularity across the board actually by a few points. Rokuemon just stands out by how much of a god push he's gotten.

Not sure. The Rokuemon fall could be a couple of tenths of a point, which visually sent him from 55 to 54 and Major Star to Star, which would seem fair. As towhy Okamoto would also fall, all I can think of is:

-other factors (e.g. other matches / angles) in your or other promotions they wrestle for

-popularity cap. If they've been pushed over their natural popularity cap this might be them naturally falling back down.

3 minutes ago, kemicode said:

If a creative angle idea or finish fails, does it lower the rating of the angle/match?

Yes. And even "sure hit" can fail. If it's a character idea, it hurts the momentum and/or morale.

Edited by FINisher

7 minutes ago, FINisher said:

Yes. And even "sure hit" can fail. If it's a character idea, it hurts the momentum and/or morale.

Yeah, I think the success rates should be tweaked a little given that "sure hit" fails. Make it 100% but we can balance the buff by decreasing the rates of the other probabilities. To me, sure hit should exactly be as it says,  sure. 

3 hours ago, kemicode said:

Yeah, I think the success rates should be tweaked a little given that "sure hit" fails. Make it 100% but we can balance the buff by decreasing the rates of the other probabilities. To me, sure hit should exactly be as it says,  sure. 

Maybe it’s just the XCOM player in me but nothing should be 100%…dam it I just missed three 95% shots in a row.

• Haha 2

Is it possible to view the remaining length of a workers contract in their profile anymore? It was available in 2020, and I know I can still go to the company roster to view contracts, but it would be really nice to be able to quickly see how much time is left on a contract when I'm just viewing workers at random. 

4 hours ago, VBigB said:

Maybe it’s just the XCOM player in me but nothing should be 100%…dam it I just missed three 95% shots in a row.

I think it's the XCOM player in me that WANTS the 100% due to the experience of missing 90%+ shots lol.

• Haha 2

Something like "Almost guaranteed" feels like a fair choice. 

On that note, which of these two is more likely: likely to succeed vs a safe bet? Because in my head, a safe bet and likely to succeed mean pretty much the same thing. I've been just assuming that safe bet has a higher chance of working, but I've truly got no idea.

• Like 1

While playing the demo, I think I've managed to figure out a way to play a UFC style of company. You can actually run a TV show before an event, as long as you set them up for different time slots. It actually works in TEW9 and I was more doing that just as a whim. As I tried to do it for 2020 and couldn't. As an aside, I can't get TEW9 until the month's end.

Oh just to add, you'll do whatever event comes first in terms of time slots. So, Daytime, Early Evening, Evening, Primetime, Late Night, Graveyard. You get the picture. You can also exclude wrestlers you used in the earlier shows, so you can really manage to break this down. Which is why I think I can do the UFC thing now.

The one thing I'm wondering is concerning the branding. To make a proper 3-5 hour total show to work weekly and monthly, I would need to break it down to two weekly shows, followed by a monthly. Which I realize probably calls for a brand split to make it work just right.

I probably should have the first show be a B-Show that allows anyone to be able to compete on it. That way I can get some of my openweights some action time, and feed some lower popularity wrestlers to them to keep their moment working high. Have the A-Show be dedicated to my classweights (lightweight/heavyweight) so that I can give them proper matches that help build their overall record. Finally, the monthly show would be for everyone, so I can get some title defenses that happen.

As for breakdown of hours and shows, probably 1/2/2 or 1.5/1.5/2 hours, right? Probably the later as well. Since B-Show is for building up taletns and gimme wins for Openweights. A-Show being a proper weekly showing for the Classweights. Followed by the monthly event for the money and title matches.

That should work the way I'm thinking, right?

Apologies If I am missing it.

Is there a way to import movesets into an existing game? 

I'm wanting to import some workers from another database but imagine they will just have to come in with no moveset if it is not an option?