General Gameplay Questions Thread

27 minutes ago, chm39 said:

How often are you guys using Creative team stuff? I've found that I only use it for gimmicks and not often. I have about 400 points stored, I'm starting to believe that I need to use it for the these storylines and angles. I use to use factions a lot in promos or something but now it feels like it just kills angles and that kills storylines. Thoughts? 

I think angles and finishes are really useful, If they succed they substantially improve your match ratings. Don't sleep on character ideas. They make managing momentum so much easier.

• Like 1

i have what is probably a stupid question. In the menu to look for talent to sign, you can select the role that someone can do (wrestler, referee etc), but what is the Broadcaster role that is in there? I assume its nothing to do with commentary as there is colour and play by play, Not sure what it is

1 hour ago, Doctor Crunch said:

I think angles and finishes are really useful, If they succed they substantially improve your match ratings. Don't sleep on character ideas. They make managing momentum so much easier.

What's the difference between character and gimmick ideas? I use one on Vessey before but didn't really understand it. I'm not at home right now so I can't pull up the handbook. 

1 hour ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

What makes the difference for somebody to be considered a Next Big Thing or a Hot Prospect? I see that when someone reaches 29 they seem to not be on the next big thing list anymore. Are there any other factors that influence this? Sorry if my question might be worded weird.

NBT is basically telling you who the potential reach somewhat superstar popularity. Hot prospects is referring to how good someone will be in the ring. I think it still true after 29 as well they just won't pop up on the list. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Old Forum post

I use to reference this. It's old but I think it still relevant. 

24 minutes ago, chm39 said:

What's the difference between character and gimmick ideas? I use one on Vessey before but didn't really understand it. I'm not at home right now so I can't pull up the handbook. 

Gimmick ideas give a chance to improve the quality of a gimmick on reveal. Character ideas improve morale and/or momentum if succesful.

I've had to intentionally limit my use of character ideas as they can make managing momentum pretty easy. A successful one can take someone from chilly straight to warm. Unsuccessful ones can reduce momentum, but you can just use the risky ones on jobbers and guys on the way down. If they succeed great. If not you were probably not worried about the guy anyway.

2 hours ago, dunc93 said:

i have what is probably a stupid question. In the menu to look for talent to sign, you can select the role that someone can do (wrestler, referee etc), but what is the Broadcaster role that is in there? I assume its nothing to do with commentary as there is colour and play by play, Not sure what it is

Iirc broadcaster includes colour AND play by play.

• Like 2

Is segment penalized for physical condition something that never goes away thru their career? I thought any injuries/ physical decline is already accounted for in their individual ratings so why does it have a pretty heavy effect on segment rating?

Thanks

1 minute ago, catropis84 said:

Is segment penalized for physical condition something that never goes away thru their career? I thought any injuries/ physical decline is already accounted for in their individual ratings so why does it have a pretty heavy effect on segment rating?

Thanks

So I think the physical condition penalty is based on wear and tear as defined in section 19.7 of the handbook. It is the penalty based on the level of battering the wrestler has taken in their career rather than age related decline or specific injuries. If you look at the skills page it is at the top of the column next to the silhouette.

image.png.2773a6a84c0e7014487717ed16dfa9b3.png

7 hours ago, chm39 said:

How often are you guys using Creative team stuff? I've found that I only use it for gimmicks and not often. I have about 400 points stored, I'm starting to believe that I need to use it for the these storylines and angles. I use to use factions a lot in promos or something but now it feels like it just kills angles and that kills storylines. Thoughts? 

Character idea is super OP. Not only can you manage momentum super easily with it, it can also help you whenever somebody is in low morale for any reason. Like this is the easiest version than ever to ignore "unhappy with booking". You just let them lose, and pop some character ideas to make their morale go back up to at least neutral again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benjirino said:

Under written deal, it's not an option :(

Damn, that guaranteed money. I guess book them poorly or fire them. Be a bit slow with it if you want bury their Pop before they refuse to work. Though, if you want them to leave without pay bury their ass. Teach them not to piss you off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, benjirino said:

A worker blatantly phoned in a match because of morale, is there any option to suspend or fine him for it? Nothing cropped up.

In my QAW save Hellcat Hernandez did that to me in a main event match. So in the post show speech I chewed her out which obviously made the situation worse. A couple days later she turned in her notice.

52 minutes ago, VBigB said:

In my QAW save Hellcat Hernandez did that to me in a main event match. So in the post show speech I chewed her out which obviously made the situation worse. A couple days later she turned in her notice.

Oh No... Not Hellcat. I like her.

1 hour ago, hecatomb said:

Without player involvement, will a wrestler ever lose their mask or hair in a match?

I've seen workers lose their masks, but I don't think I've ever seen one lose their hair. (Not saying it can't happen, but personally I haven't seen it)

Edited by John Lions

10 hours ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Gimmick ideas give a chance to improve the quality of a gimmick on reveal. Character ideas improve morale and/or momentum if succesful.

I've had to intentionally limit my use of character ideas as they can make managing momentum pretty easy. A successful one can take someone from chilly straight to warm. Unsuccessful ones can reduce momentum, but you can just use the risky ones on jobbers and guys on the way down. If they succeed great. If not you were probably not worried about the guy anyway.

Yo I've tried Character Idea more and I like it. I don't understand how it effects someone's momentum and morale but I like it. 

Do you know what controls who gets it? I get ones that can be used on anyone but, a lot of the time I get it for Cameron Vessey and Skip Beau. I don't mind but I already book them well so why use them?

5 hours ago, chm39 said:

Yo I've tried Character Idea more and I like it. I don't understand how it effects someone's momentum and morale but I like it. 

Do you know what controls who gets it? I get ones that can be used on anyone but, a lot of the time I get it for Cameron Vessey and Skip Beau. I don't mind but I already book them well so why use them?

Pretty sure it's random on whether it lands on "anyone can use this" or "specific character only".