General Gameplay Questions Thread

Reading through the thread, I see Adam confirmed booking skill isn't something that can be learned with experience on a booking team and is a fixed value? And It's not an RNG thing that will kick in at a certain age or time, if it's zero it's zero forever is my understanding.

Is there any prospect of changing this in a future patch and making something can be gained through experience (or *lost through old age) because, that seems to mirror real life with various wrestlers added to booking teams at different times; and also for role playing, for example if your playing a Joshi promotion you can't get more native women with booking experience. You see this in the real world with Sareee and Unagi learning on the job as they promote and run shows.

Equally, you of course have seen the wrestling world pass bookers by who might have been good at one time or another.

Not a big thing, just seems like a fun role playing aspect of the game, to try new people on your team and see who sinks and who swims over time.

Apologies if this has been asked previously, I did try to search through the thread.

Edited by daveportivo
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

You can't move titles to an alliance from a company.

That's a shame,  maybe I'll throw this up as a suggestion then.  Gives incentive to buying companies out and being able to continue their championship legacies. 

I've not really played with touring companies really in depth before. With the touring contracts it's linked by the tour start show up to the tour end show. Do both of these have to be set as actual tour shows? To take examples from recently, as it's "tournament season" in Japan companies have been having people come over for the tournament run. The openers would probably (and I'm aware people can debate this sort of thing!) be considered "normal" events, before the group stages early rounds are more normal tour dates before finals day which again would probably be considered a "normal" show.

In game would I be able to set a touring contract to pick up "Global Super Cup opener" through to "Global Super Cup Final" or would I essentially need a small tour show either side to cover the guest coming in for the tournament?

Alright, playing a Road to Glory game and nabbed a job with Mumbai Grand Wrestling Prix.

Their style is set to Wrestling Is A Sport. I have a few questions about this style.

"Fans expect important matches to be quite lengthy" - I am getting penalised for matches on the show being less than 20 minutes but is this moreso because the people in it are considered Major Stars and should be in more important matches? Basically, how should I be booking my card to reflect this?

1 hour ago, Leedz said:

Alright, playing a Road to Glory game and nabbed a job with Mumbai Grand Wrestling Prix.

Their style is set to Wrestling Is A Sport. I have a few questions about this style.

"Fans expect important matches to be quite lengthy" - I am getting penalised for matches on the show being less than 20 minutes but is this moreso because the people in it are considered Major Stars and should be in more important matches? Basically, how should I be booking my card to reflect this?

From my perspective, I always envisioned the fans simply wanting to get their fill of seeing their favourite wrestlers in action at these shows. They're not put off by squash matches, they just won't value them as highly as a full blown match. I always aimed to have key matches each week in the upper card of my shows, whilst accepting that use of big players lower in the card would result in lesser ratings. So in a sense, its a top heavy product. I guess an alternative would be to showcase the full roster in longer matches, but that would require a smaller roster and tighter management of momentums.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leedz said:

I think a good example would be buying a 2006 ROH DVD and seeing that Bryan Danielson is only involved in a 10-minute match where he completely dominates the other guy. It would be disappointing.

That's what the product is. The fans are smarks, they don't care that you want to get Bryan Danielson over by giving him a dominant win. They want to see top wrestlers having great matches. They are here for the wrestling part, not the storylines or the heat.

In such a product, protecting your major stars won't be giving them dominant wins. It will mean giving them top matches that build their reputation and make the fans want to see another match of them.

• Like 2

Hi there.

I have a very generic question.

I'm a long time player of TEW but since I've been gone for a while, I didn't know a new TEW was released.

Anyway, is there a topic or a page somewhere that present the new features in the game ?

Back in the days, there was a "hype" topic for TEW 2020. Anything similar for TEW9 ?

2 minutes ago, Lionhart said:

Hi there.

I have a very generic question.

I'm a long time player of TEW but since I've been gone for a while, I didn't know a new TEW was released.

Anyway, is there a topic or a page somewhere that present the new features in the game ?

Back in the days, there was a "hype" topic for TEW 2020. Anything similar for TEW9 ?

Yeah, there was a month-long developer's journal in July:

• Like 1

I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
I started my first Cverse game with 5SSW. In 2020 I only played with WWE and AEW so the whole concept of a tiny company with only handshake deals is something entirely new, as well as the touring schedule.

I signed some new girls on handshake deals and with the first tour I made around 1-1.2k€ per tour event and was shocked when I lost 15k after the first major event. Suddenly I had a bunch of "Bonuses & Perk" expenses in the finance tab.

Then the second was the same. But I finally reached 35 pop in my home region and with the size now being small and one upgrade to broadcast quality I could finally sign a TV and event deal with WrestleWorld Puro.

So I deleted all tours and just kept the major events.
After the first TV show I lost another 15k in workers expenses.

Am I missing something?
Why do they get less on the tour events? Shouldn't they all get X amount per show? And no bonuses at all when they don't have them in their contracts? (no one had any kind of bonus, only merchandise cuts)

Unfortunately, I don't have backup from before I deleted the tour events and I'm kinda demotivated to start again with 5SSW now...

48 minutes ago, Oehli27 said:

I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
I started my first Cverse game with 5SSW. In 2020 I only played with WWE and AEW so the whole concept of a tiny company with only handshake deals is something entirely new, as well as the touring schedule.

I signed some new girls on handshake deals and with the first tour I made around 1-1.2k€ per tour event and was shocked when I lost 15k after the first major event. Suddenly I had a bunch of "Bonuses & Perk" expenses in the finance tab.

Then the second was the same. But I finally reached 35 pop in my home region and with the size now being small and one upgrade to broadcast quality I could finally sign a TV and event deal with WrestleWorld Puro.

So I deleted all tours and just kept the major events.
After the first TV show I lost another 15k in workers expenses.

Am I missing something?
Why do they get less on the tour events? Shouldn't they all get X amount per show? And no bonuses at all when they don't have them in their contracts? (no one had any kind of bonus, only merchandise cuts)

Unfortunately, I don't have backup from before I deleted the tour events and I'm kinda demotivated to start again with 5SSW now...

Tour shows are considered lesser events and workers get paid less to work them because they're less taxing on them physically. You also make less money from those shows because the fans "know" that nothing major is likely to happen. They're glorified house shows that, in Japan at least, will have potential ramifications on upcoming major shows or for tournaments, but the fans know they won't be getting major title changes or story progression most of the time.

In terms of bonuses and perks, are you paying the cost of travel for the workers? That's one you really need to watch out for, especially when you're a smaller company.

Is this a glitch ?

Capturedcran2024-09-06175838.thumb.jpg.298182a5cd256d92984fead479eab359.jpg

A newly-created Insignificant company offers 1100$ handshake deal to worker altough the worker is valued 170$ per show... Also noticed Tiny and Small companies do this.

Edited by aaron07

20 minutes ago, aaron07 said:

Is this a glitch ?

A newly-created Insignificant company offers 1100$ handshake deal to worker altough the worker is valued 170$ per show... Also noticed Tiny and Small companies do this.

If they get into a bidding war it can drive the price up.

42 minutes ago, aaron07 said:

Is this a glitch ?

Is that not a case of different company in different areas valuing talent differently? EWA are in Europe, where Ivanoff starts at 22 pop, so he's worth $170 to you. HIW are in Birmingham, where Ivanoff starts at 52 pop, so he's much more valuable to them. 

2 hours ago, aaron07 said:

Is this a glitch ?

To add to what others have already said, it is pretty common for insignificant and tiny companies to hire workers for $1100 per show deals, even if it doesn't financially smart to players. The idea is that those more expensive workers will bring more eyes to a promotion and allow it to grow faster even if they're taking a financial hit to start. 

It might not be a strategy that makes sense as a player because you can look at your financials and know that based on how much you're losing and your overall growth rate if it will work or not, but it is a strategy that real indie promotions use all the time, leveraging the popularity of expensive ex-WWE workers to entice more people to come to their shows. Sometimes they'll even pay the big bucks to guys like Scott Steiner to just sit outside and sign autographs so long as it brings more people to the event.

Are affairs/leaked photos/video events still in the game? Been playing for a couple of years and haven't seen anything like that happen. 

Are they affected by the new relationship development system? Are they not affected by the random frequency setting being increased?

Did I do something wrong in the set up of this event? I set up my child company to have a show that was geo tagged to take place in Kansas City only. However the CPU had it take place in St. Louis.

Did the fix/area region to "USA" override the Kansas City geo tag?

image.thumb.png.6253013bf0424d5858ff24ca071cc4eb.png

image.thumb.png.4c89afde28f5f0c13036d400cf650feb.png

I've been struggling with the whole external editing concept. After creating a data set through the editor, I have opened the file in several programs, and I have yet to successfully change a single birthday. I am either told the file is "corrupt" and can't be opened, or "the query is too complex" when changing the date. Does anyone have any advice? Much appreciated.

On 9/4/2024 at 10:08 PM, lanky316 said:

I've not really played with touring companies really in depth before. With the touring contracts it's linked by the tour start show up to the tour end show. Do both of these have to be set as actual tour shows? To take examples from recently, as it's "tournament season" in Japan companies have been having people come over for the tournament run. The openers would probably (and I'm aware people can debate this sort of thing!) be considered "normal" events, before the group stages early rounds are more normal tour dates before finals day which again would probably be considered a "normal" show.

In game would I be able to set a touring contract to pick up "Global Super Cup opener" through to "Global Super Cup Final" or would I essentially need a small tour show either side to cover the guest coming in for the tournament?

The events don't need to be set as Tour, they can have any intent. But you need to set one show as Start of the Tour and one as End of the tour to make tour contracts work.

There's been some forum discussion on how to handle normal events for puro tournaments. 
Best IMo would be Adam adding a new Tournament intent option, so we players don't need to tweak around what might be best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, d12345 said:

Did I do something wrong in the set up of this event? I set up my child company to have a show that was geo tagged to take place in Kansas City only. However the CPU had it take place in St. Louis.

Did the fix/area region to "USA" override the Kansas City geo tag?

Yes, it would override it - you can't use both.

• Like 1

I have two questions that I can't seem to find in the manual:

1. I know it is now possible for the user character to be a mentor. How do you activate this or is it a chance event?
  2. How do you see who is being trained by the Head Trainers? I can see they are training people but can't see who they are

6 hours ago, The Inquisition said:

I have two questions that I can't seem to find in the manual:

1. I know it is now possible for the user character to be a mentor. How do you activate this or is it a chance event?
  2. How do you see who is being trained by the Head Trainers? I can see they are training people but can't see who they are

1 It's not controlled by the player, as with any relationship.

2 If there are 5 or less they are listed in the feedback when training happens, otherwise you won't see exactly who it is.

• Thanks 2