General Gameplay Questions Thread

On 7/30/2024 at 1:55 AM, Callum07 said:

In the editor under events you can set an event to be in December and the Third Saturday Of The Month. But then lower down it says Next Scheduled, do I then have to go through the calender to find out what date the Last Saturday in December actualy is? Seems like a massive pain when creating lots of events to have to check a date you have already specified

event.jpg.01f79d3ef3f447bce554c9a982956919.jpg

Also what is positioning shift?

Has anyone gotten back to you on this? I'm having the same issues. Even if I adjust the positioning, the next scheduled date doesn't automatically adjust. 

1 hour ago, kemicode said:

Has anyone gotten back to you on this? I'm having the same issues. Even if I adjust the positioning, the next scheduled date doesn't automatically adjust. 

Adam just said it doesnt affect the game

On 7/30/2024 at 1:39 AM, John Lions said:

Does anyone know all of the different levels and text outputs for the "Crowd Heat" level? (Maybe Adam is the only one who can answer this). I wanted to just create some simple graphics for my Scrivener file.

So far I have seen:

Expectant / Simmering [Seems to be for Pre-Show]
Unclear
Dead
Dying
Disinterested
Cold and Losing Interest
Simmering Down
Simmering
Hot But Cooling
Hot
Hot and Rising
Very Hot
White Hot
Still Buzzing [Seems to be for Post-Show]

I'll run some shows and update this as I see more.

I certainly don't remember seeing anything beyond these.

Has anyone figured out the crowd heat management mechanics yet? Unless I haven't looked in the right place, the Player's Handbook doesn't seem to go into a whole lot of depth about this. 

Say, would I ideally want to have the crowd white hot for the big main event, or should I try to get them white hot at the end of the main event segment? I'd also love to know whether anyone has any strategies for getting the crowd white hot later into a show. It seems to me like having a match with the "cool the crowd" note helps; otherwise I get my crowds white hot somewhere in the first hour and they never go beyond "very hot" after that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

Is Bruce the Giant actually 7'4", 600 pounds, or just billed as such?

As far as I know, there’s no differentiation in game between an actual height/weight and billed ones. There is no way to artificially change someone’s measurements so we’re just to take the numbers as the truth. From a gameplay perspective, he would actually be 7’4” 

48 minutes ago, LoneRacoon said:

Just a question, I'm planning a stream for the "official" release of the game. Do you have any idea what time on Saturday the game will be available?

They have never give the release time in advance to protect the servers from a rush. 

On 7/30/2024 at 10:03 PM, WWAJaymes42 said:

Can someone explain the fix area/region for titles? Can you defend them in other promotions? If so, how?

No, I believe it's just for the AI and will control which shows they are defending the belt on.

59 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

When it happened to me it was because the wrestler had a negative relationship with the chief enforcer. It seems to be an ongoing modifier like backstage isolation.

I've checked Maverick's (the worker in question) profile. He doesn't have any negative relationship in the company though he does has the Insecure personality which might be the reason.

Doesn't explain why Flint Slater is suddenly throwing a fit though..

image.png.2856fa348b3d775a8afa3681275675aa.png

15 minutes ago, Astil said:

It seems like they both have more toughness than who you picked so maybe they see them as a pushover or they are annoyed they didnt get picked.

Annoyed at not getting picked for a position has occurred to me; Sayeed Ali demanded to be on LOCKER ROOM LEADER**(edit) after being annoyed when I initially assigned my inner-circle.  (I had to use game psychology here, I'm playing as Phonse Lockett, so I said "YES SIR WELCOME TO THE TEAM PLEASE DONT HURT ME" and Sayeed was not an issue any further.)

Personally, I've done a few play throughs now with the demo... You don't need an enforcer, from what I've seen, unless you have a potential locker room problem.  When assigning Inner Circle, I always use the filter to "Exclude all not suited" and include only "Those with a positive influence".  Have not had any issues with that; though Booking team can also be catty (I recommend using agents/non-wrestlers).

Edited by elmiticomark

25 minutes ago, Astil said:

It seems like they both have more toughness than who you picked so maybe they see them as a pushover or they are annoyed they didnt get picked.

That could be the reason, one of the points was that there were a few workers that are considered tougher than him.

I'm converting my save from TEW2020. Will the free worker pics already used be excluded in the database I'm converting? In other words, if CVFP10 was used to generate a worker in TEW2020 will it be excluded from the database that I'm carrying over, or do I have to edit the database and remove CVFP10 to prevent it from duplicating?

Edited by Alienated

56 minutes ago, Seanaxel01 said:

I've checked Maverick's (the worker in question) profile. He doesn't have any negative relationship in the company though he does has the Insecure personality which might be the reason.

Doesn't explain why Flint Slater is suddenly throwing a fit though..

image.png.2856fa348b3d775a8afa3681275675aa.png

The problem with Maverick and Slater is that they have bad personalities for the position also, I ended up lucking out with Slater that either (or a mixture of) calling him out or his new travel partner (don't remember who it was off the top of my head) managed to change his personality so I was happy making him an enforcer.

Maverick just kept getting more annoyed so I did the only right and moral thing in that situation, jobbed him out and released him...

• Haha 1

What determines if a Database uses .jpg vs .gif? Is there a way to edit the database to accept one instead of the other? I know there's no way to mix and match them.

Basically, I've converted an old TEW 2020 database, but the jpg picture pack is unavailable, and the database isn't recognizing the .gif picture pack, so I'm trying to figure out how to make the data see the gifs.

2 hours ago, TOTKingNothing said:

What determines if a Database uses .jpg vs .gif? Is there a way to edit the database to accept one instead of the other? I know there's no way to mix and match them.

Basically, I've converted an old TEW 2020 database, but the jpg picture pack is unavailable, and the database isn't recognizing the .gif picture pack, so I'm trying to figure out how to make the data see the gifs.

If you go into the main editor, go to Workers and then click Toggle List to enable mass editing. From there, select Picture Becomes 'Their Name.gif' from the top drop down menu on the left and Include Contracts from the other one. Then select all and hit Mass Edit. You'll probably still have to manually assign a bunch of pics due to file names not always matching worker names in the database, but that should get the majority of them at least.

Also note that there's no Undo command, so it might be a good idea to try it out on a small selection first to make sure you got it, before doing it to the whole list.

49 minutes ago, Almaida said:

If you go into the main editor, go to Workers and then click Toggle List to enable mass editing. From there, select Picture Becomes 'Their Name.gif' from the top drop down menu on the left and Include Contracts from the other one. Then select all and hit Mass Edit. You'll probably still have to manually assign a bunch of pics due to file names not always matching worker names in the database, but that should get the majority of them at least.

Also note that there's no Undo command, so it might be a good idea to try it out on a small selection first to make sure you got it, before doing it to the whole list.

Thanks. I'll try this out and then edit in my results later. Appreciate it.

Edit: This did end up working, greatly appreciate you.

Edited by TOTKingNothing
  • Thanks 1

I'm enjoying the new calendar system. My question is, since we can set events to occur yearly, what would happen if an event is set for February 29th? Clearly, this date does not occur every year. Would the system know to schedule it every four years?