2 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

Just hit Medium and my booking rep went up by five automatically 😁

The money is crazy now:

image.thumb.png.e8e4dd8bb17404eb9bdbf0dc136f92b8.png

I noticed that CZCW got to number two in the world using OnDem so I am going to copy them. It is a huge increase in production costs but I should be able to cover it.

That is how I grew after buying out MAW. The money from OnDem has been huge and let me poach some workers from PSW / afford MAW's top talents. My production levels are at 5/5/5/7 and I'm bringing in ~300k per month in profit. The downside is that growth basically stops at 70. I'm now having to decide if I should switch to ACE when my contract expires, but there are no Canada or Mexico TV broadcasters who will sign me yet. 

22 minutes ago, Jaysounder said:

That is how I grew after buying out MAW. The money from OnDem has been huge and let me poach some workers from PSW / afford MAW's top talents. My production levels are at 5/5/5/7 and I'm bringing in ~300k per month in profit. The downside is that growth basically stops at 70. I'm now having to decide if I should switch to ACE when my contract expires, but there are no Canada or Mexico TV broadcasters who will sign me yet. 

Sounds like you are ready for the owned broadcaster end game.

What shows did you have on OnDem?

51 minutes ago, lr10540 said:

I think I mistyped what I meant. If the end of month finances go back to the black for 1 month, that takes you out of debt, which I think resets the timer. I don't think it's as simple as a month of profit, I think you have to be completely out of debt for 1 calender month.

Ah yes, that makes sense. They had been in debt for years and years and losing millions more each year.

2 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

Sounds like you are ready for the owned broadcaster end game.

What shows did you have on OnDem?

Just one TV show, I don't like booking a second brand or B shows, and I did one year worth of 'PPV' events as well. Now I have deals with Premier Pay TV, Canada 1-Choice, and Seleccion Mexico for my PPVs.

I went doing two month events on WrestleWorld for ~2 years, to one TV show and one event per month on OnDem for one year, and now have the split OnDem for TV and PPV providers for events.

44 minutes ago, Jaysounder said:

Just one TV show, I don't like booking a second brand or B shows, and I did one year worth of 'PPV' events as well. Now I have deals with Premier Pay TV, Canada 1-Choice, and Seleccion Mexico for my PPVs.

I went doing two month events on WrestleWorld for ~2 years, to one TV show and one event per month on OnDem for one year, and now have the split OnDem for TV and PPV providers for events.

That's exactly the path I am taking, thanks.

1 hour ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Huh. I think that's the first time I've ever seen wide selection of angles as a bonus.

Really? I think you only need three different types. I normally try and have a cutting a promo, interview or staredown and a beatdown or brawl

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

Yeah the promo bonus is easy to get (and even abusable if you want). I micro very hard on all the details and so I get it many times if I run a multi-promo show.

Interesting. I'm wondering why I'm not seeing it. I generally have at least angles rated on being interviewed/interviewer, character development, working the crowd, intimidation, and usually a mix of subject of video, attacker/victim, fighting and sex appeal. I wonder if it is size or product related.

Edited by Doctor Crunch

9 hours ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Interesting. I'm wondering why I'm not seeing it. I generally have at least angles rated on being interviewed/interviewer, character development, working the crowd, intimidation, and usually a mix of subject of video, attacker/victim, fighting and sex appeal. I wonder if it is size or product related.

When choosing angle types you want to do a mix of at least 3. So serious, generic, hype, tease, etc. just choose three and you get the bonus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK,  so now we know that booking skill is irrelevant except for getting CE (which we can get easily enough from our booking teams) and booking rep now goes up as we increase in size. Do we go back to getting a roll for the booking achievements?

My main concern is that creative finishes could make getting 100 too easy but we could always simply say you need to not use a creative finish to complete the challenge.

What are everyone's thoughts?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doctor Crunch said:

You need to use different content types within (all the promos in) a show. That's why I said it is abusable cuz you can always just use different content type regardless of what the angles truly belong to. I can have 4 single character promo that is just generic, but I use different types and the game will give me the bonus.

8 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

OK,  so now we know that booking skill is irrelevant except for getting CE (which we can get easily enough from our booking teams) and booking rep now goes up as we increase in size. Do we go back to getting a roll for the booking achievements?

My main concern is that creative finishes could make getting 100 too easy but we could always simply say you need to not use a creative finish to complete the challenge.

I am cool with no-creative finish 100 to win the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

Could possibly make it optional. So you can either take the booking rep/skill or roll. That way people who wants to increase their booking abilities gets to do that, and those who don't get to not do that.

As far as reaching 100 i guess we just have to wait and see. I haven't played much with top companies/workers outside of this challenge so I have no idea how hard hitting 100 rating are. It could be that its super easy with creative finishes, but it could also be a lot harder without them and they are basically required in order to do hit 100.

• Like 1

Year 1

Well folks, I've got my first year in the books and I managed to get bailed out financially by one of the lifelong fans of the company...I assume they're a lifelong fan of our owner instead, that makes more sense.

I was given the owner goal where I can't sign impactful wrestlers and let me tell you right now, I never realized how many of the guys I like to scoop up are impactful until today...Ernest Youngman, Logan Wolfsbaine, Ant-Man, all guys who I wanted to pick up as cheap options to put on excellent matches and all people I couldn't touch. Very frustrating!

We're at 9 popularity at the end of the year, which is fine, nothing spectacular but exactly where I'd expect to be. My biggest stars so far have been Spencer Edmund from ACPW, and Fuyuko Higa from 5SSW (who btw I recommend picking up. She can work in a surprising amount of places and while her personality isn't great, she's an absolute beast of a worker.)

I think I got about half way through the year before I remembered to upgrade my merchandise. Nice little reminder that I'm actually really bad at this game haha. I've been slowly upgrading that knowing I'll eventually be making money anyway and that it'll end up being worth it quickly.

My user character has found himself excellent chemistry with Bowden Snoop from ACPW, which is nice because he's the same age as me and also Canadian. We are Future Shock and we work together most of the time. He helps me hide my inadequecies in the ring.

Fuyuko Higa won female indy wrestler of the year which I like. CWA are the company of the year which worries me because they're nearby. Fortunately they chose Alberta for some reason over being in Ontario where they realistically should be, so that works out for me.

Rolled an 8 on my year end roll so I end up with 39063 in the bank on January 1st. My growth has been really bad, so that's fun. It'll get better when I can run more shows hopefully. In the meantime we move on to year two.

image.png.3ffeda07ca498cbff8c978d1a8336c79.png

Year 2

July we got our first 50 rated match with our user character which is a roll. King vs Fuyuko Higa vs Topher Smith. Rolled a 19 "So Tell Me About Your Mother" giving me +10 Psychology

Hit Tiny in October, rolled a 17, split the 20 points between Psychology, selling and consistency. I also had my restriction on Impactful wrestlers removed so I went and signed Ernest Youngman and Ant-Man. Hank Gunn and Robin DaLay also ended up not resigning with the CWA so I snapped them both up as well. A bit pricy but we're doing better now so it will be okay.

Booked a 50 rated card now that I've got Youngman. I have a feeling him vs Higa would tear the house down. I've also increased to 2 shows a month for now. I want to rush to the 25 pop needed to start getting views online.

December 31st and I get mail that Ernest Youngman has been hired by TCW. Just my luck. He's my trainer currently. I intend on finding a similarly good worker to have train my youngsters. If Fuyuko Higa's personality wasn't absolute shit I'd have her do it. She did win female independent wrestler of the year and female tag team of the year.

Rolled a 12 for end of year, putting it in my Brawling skill.

Also before I finish this I'm looking through the no experience people and I found Danny Wyatt "The Butcher of Thunder Bay". I don't care if he is absolutely terrible or if he's amazing. He is from the city I live in irl, I'm hiring this dude! He kind of looks like me too.

image.thumb.png.d1e175c9dc308de476fdb62577c11a04.png

image.png.f7a5d6ca291394a44b215199672c9db7.png

image.png.31dbef66c76e2ea18b37a79a1e8ac49a.png

image.png.33d63ab5115632f24d20033e589f2f68.png

image.png.4f674f27b3b19ab47882743c4885d8d6.png

image.png.c92c1588c06283250f1e37008de89f9a.png

Edited by Chisoku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

I like the idea of having a choice between +5 rep/skill and opening a mystery box. Once you've made it to Medium, I don't think those rep/skill rewards will be very useful.

I'd vote for keeping creative finishes. It's a pretty integral part of the game and there's risk involved even with ones marked a near certainty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

Like a few others have said, I like the idea of picking which one you'll rather have. Either +5 Rep and Skill or a Roll. 

I also like the idea of maybe a 2nd set of Rolls that deal with booking Rep and/or Skills or kinda like a "Business Rolls" 

"Your owner paid for you to take a few online courses about the business. +1 Booking Rep and +10 Booking skill" 

"Once on your way to your show, you befriended a veteran, free agent booker who gave you tips on the business. +3 Booking skills and become friends with a free agent in your game area who has booking skills."

Lastly, I think creative finishes are fine cause like someone said, there is no guarantee that you'll get one for your UC and it has a chance to fail anyway. 

• Like 1

April 2028. SNP have been declared bankrupt, making my Dragon FLIGHT Wrestling the top promotion in Britain. Well... USPW are still more popular (I guess everyone has a Reverie subscription) but in terms of local stuff, we're it. Hope you like flippy-do's and masks.

No one jumps out at me to grab from SNP's roster. Paying someone $2k per match is a tough sell, and that's just their midcard acts. 

For the rolls... I would be tempted to put most of it into rolls. Booking skill in particular. Maybe you get it, and need less of a creative team. Maybe you don't. Booking Reputation, on the other hand, I'm not convinced a little more help isn't needed. If I'd gained 5 points for the moves from Tiny to Small to Medium, I'd be on like... 32 rep. That's not awful, but it still puts me in a place where growing my own promotion to the top in faster than getting to a place where I can trade up. Maybe every achievement, both booking and wrestling, could come with +1 or +2 reputation. To keep it simple and not have different achievement lists.

No opinion on creative finishes yet. They did help me get the 50-match rating, but not much else thus far.

I'd love to see income goals become part of this. Either with achievements (make $1,000, $10,000, $1 million) or even as an alternate final goal. Road to Retirement Challenge. 

image.jpeg

Hit $20k. I'm pretty sure half of that came in the past 10 months when I really started pushing my guy beyond just Wales. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Self said:

For the rolls... I would be tempted to put most of it into rolls. Booking skill in particular. Maybe you get it, and need less of a creative team. Maybe you don't. Booking Reputation, on the other hand, I'm not convinced a little more help isn't needed. If I'd gained 5 points for the moves from Tiny to Small to Medium, I'd be on like... 32 rep. That's not awful, but it still puts me in a place where growing my own promotion to the top in faster than getting to a place where I can trade up. Maybe every achievement, both booking and wrestling, could come with +1 or +2 reputation. To keep it simple and not have different achievement lists.

No opinion on creative finishes yet. They did help me get the 50-match rating, but not much else thus far.

I'd love to see income goals become part of this. Either with achievements (make $1,000, $10,000, $1 million) or even as an alternate final goal. Road to Retirement Challenge. 

Ya, I could see that. after 2 years, most people will get about 3 to 6 extra Rep. 

Maybe add 6 more so there is an even 60 rolls. Another option is to power up some of the lesser rolls. The +10 experience or Basics is great in the beginning however, I think once you hit 20 and 40 they don't do anything anymore. I could be wrong about that. 

With this I think I will call this save done for now. I essentially played this save non stop for the last month as I had a three week break before my next semester of classes. Work + Masters program does not leave much time for TEW unfortunately. Maybe I'll do a couple more months to try and get the 100, but it feels more like I'm just hoping for a good dice roll at this point. Somehow 99s feel incredibly common in TEW while the stars must all be in alignment to get a 100.  

GameOver.thumb.JPG.0b975463cf962609d9f615feceb1ae62.JPG

This was my first RTG so I don't want to try and offer a complete overhaul of the achievements, but I do feel that there could be some tweaking with the rewards, maybe even two levels of minor & major rewards. I gave myself three positive and three negative gimmick attributes not noticing that most of the rewards from 41-51 are all about gimmick attributes. I did take some rerolls as I rolled 41 a couple of times and one of my attributes was already that I don't play dominant well. It also seems that rewards tend to come in waves with long delays between the next roll. Only 5/17 of my rolls occurred outside of year end. Not counting the year end roll, each year I got to roll:

• 2022: 0 rolls
  • 2023: 0 rolls
  • 2024: 1 rolls
  • 2025: 0 rolls
  • 2026: 3 rolls (2 rolls were breaking into the top 250 & 500 of the top 500)
  • 2027: 0 rolls
  • 2028: 1 rolls
  • 2029: 4 rolls (2 rolls were breaking into the top 50 & 100 of the top 500)

There are a couple rewards that may need to be updated. Unless I missed it, there is no longer 'loyalty' between workers. When I rolled 3, instead I picked 'like family'. 7 is also a strange one, with how rare rolls are, I would be pretty disappointed to roll it even once. I assume that is the closest relationship level to loyalty. The gimmick rewards that add Musician, TV/Movie star are also kinda pointless (except the stat boosts) as your UC will never take a break to go on tour / film. I guess it is just a little flavor, but still a bit odd. Hard to believe that my UC at only 25 is a famous wrestler, a musician, and a TV star. He must never sleep. 

I can't comment on booking rep/skill as I only had one size change with the new update, so I don't know how much booking rep you get from moving up in size. I ended with 52 rep and 86 booking skill. I believe I gave myself +5 booking one of the years my company received the 'most improved' award.

Hopefully by the time I'm able to do another long save the CV 1977 mod will be available. Such a good mod, I did my second longest save in 2020 on it. I will probably also try a more difficult product next time. British Sportsmanship felt like easy mode.

• Like 3

Finally back in my TCW RTG save and pulled off an 82 rating and an 81 rating for my ppv. Personally, my guy is far and away from getting close to good enough for higher rated matches, but at least I seem to be improving as a booker and can get good ratings.

Screenshot (373).png

Screenshot (374).png

Edited by moststay
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 4:10 AM, Bad Collin said:

I would prefer the rolls personally. As it stands, all the easier achievements are booking skill so early rolls are pretty much end of year rolls instead of potential skills/attributes when they're more potentially more useful. As it stands now, I'm still doing the +10 booking skill until we come to a concrete resolution, but I'd gladly lower my booking skill from 56 to 6 and take 5 rolls lol.

Also, I keep forgetting to patch. Been a busy week, usually getting on just to book a couple shows. Are the skill/rep changes going to be applied retroactively? If not, are we meant to add the skills ourselves? For example, I'm currently small, should I be adding x number of booking rep points? If we do add the skills ourselves for our company growth, how much per level? 

Edited by lr10540

Ok, I have updated the rules to allow a roll for booking achievements (or you can take the +5 skill and reputation).

If you are going to take the rolls retrospectively (I am), then keep your booking rep the same as the +5 should now be built into the game and reduce your booking skill by the 5 x the number of sizes you have gone up.

image.thumb.png.d40784da5502b01518fb727328c4b631.png

I rolled my booking achievements and got a load of promo related bonuses. So it seems that I unveiled my musical ability and took some improv classes and a video of my skills went viral giving me +5 worldwide pop and making me flavour of the month.

image.thumb.png.9a9db61ac4544338ba0d0f092cf36238.png

I could have done with some selling or psych but this will do.

I just finished year 3 and hit 25 pop.  When did everyone figure out the best time to sign with Wrestleworld? I haven't upgraded any of my productions yet and don't want to crash my company lol.  I just started upgrading my merchandise to level 5 for worker-specific merch because I already make enough in merchandise to cover the next level's costs.  I am only making about $4k a month and worry going on Wrestleworld will bankrupt me.  Thanks