16 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

First thing to say is that nobody is going to police your game, if a game setting stops you having fun then it's up to you what to do. For example, I can't play with the scouting system on because it takes far too long for the full stats to be revealed. I don't think that lessens the challenge because the obfuscated stats would give a good idea of how book people anyway. Anything that makes the game too easy I personally would avoid.

On these examples my advice is:

Variance is ok because but you should probably edit your character back to the original stats if you get too big a boost (maybe sticking to the maximum of 75 for any one stat)

Natural Growth Limits seems to me like something that could be kept to full as it could make the Medium to Big grind easier but then the smart move is to abuse the broadcaster system for this anyway.

The low company pop growths are the only thing that kept me from actually completing rtg in TEW 2020, it just takes so long to get out of insignificant that I lose interest in the run and start over about a year and a half in.

Edited by moststay

15 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

With the character pictures, if you give me an idea of what you are looking for I will have a go at creating something for you. I have made loads of renders for my games since getting into Bing AI.

For my character, I was thinking of a man with a red/ginger long hair colour and beard, a little bit like Sheamus. But with a skin less pale.

And thank you for the answer, I think I will just gain the good attibute in this rare case.

3 minutes ago, Altgov said:

For my character, I was thinking of a man with a red/ginger long hair colour and beard, a little bit like Sheamus. But with a skin less pale.

And thank you for the answer, I think I will just gain the good attibute in this rare case.

I put "a photo of a muscular heavyweight wrestler with red/ginger long hair colour and beard, on a dark grey background" in Bing AI and this is what came out:

image.thumb.png.da57dad8ecaa1295848016cfa67187bd.png

13 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

I put "a photo of a muscular heavyweight wrestler with red/ginger long hair colour and beard, on a dark grey background" in Bing AI and this is what came out:

I like the second picture, it's good for my potential character in my save. Thank you

On 8/1/2024 at 1:10 PM, Bad Collin said:

These look great. Thanks for pointing us to where they're made. Is there a trick to get it to create women wrestlers? As soon as I add any variation of the word woman, it refuses. Even if I don't put in any description beyond woman wrestler.

Edited by WeAreStarks

Well, time to kick start this. The first RTG run in TEW IX (i think).

image.thumb.png.02ce10b4f517296462b857cd73fb2516.png

Andrew Phoenix will be the name for my character, paying homage to Aaron Phoenix.

image.thumb.png.880325cd5afae66677682282683db33d.png

I heard we can now make all-round wrestlers for this challenge with quick skill creation and I got straight to work.

image.png.70c08753d7a6d56293800c48479f58de.png

image.thumb.png.6597a24f23571517f9118eea26dc454f.png

Honest Frank will own this but yea... this is the first run of 4 (I hope) to beat Bad Colin for most road to glory wins

Edited by Aidenw723
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WeAreStarks said:

These look great. Thanks for pointing us to where they're made. Is there a trick to get it to create women wrestlers? As soon as I add any variation of the word woman, it refuses. Even if I don't put in any description beyond woman wrestler.

Maybe try 'female wrestler' instead? 

image.thumb.png.89ed3846ffef56da6adf1a180ea842ab.png

2 hours ago, Aidenw723 said:

Honest Frank will own this but yea... this is the first run of 4 (I hope) to beat Bad Colin for most road to glory wins

I just noticed this fighting talk, bring it on! 😁

I want to do a few runs this time as well. Default data to start and then probably start again with the 1977 mod.

7 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

Good luck! How much money did you lose on that first show?

I like the tribute to the RTG Hall of Famer too.

To be honest I don't remember at all, but I had $93 or $293 at on the report

image.thumb.png.90f590ef6ba9a9d512935773e256f285.pngimage.thumb.png.5f34f0035829064dcb202f8bef2c5a61.pngimage.thumb.png.bce1ef92a56aff64437000446bb0bd3c.png

image.thumb.png.0bbf3ee1924a226f813c72f16791e352.png

image.thumb.png.d5ece69d5ac9c49c33750b82b1cac335.png

Hello, here is what I've done so far with the CornellVerse during the beta. My starting french company owned by Garion LaChance sits at 1 popularity in Western Europe after 9 shows, I hope I start making some money soon before I go bankrupt. My booking skill is now 10 because my first show had a rating of 42 which validates the "Getting Started" achievement.

I have a question regarding the "First Step" achievement, do the match have to be rated 50 overall (segment rating) or is it only the in ring rating that has to be over 50?

Thanks for the nice challenge idea.

Edited by Fabibi
  • Like 1

I was wanting to run a game in Wales, but I struggled during the demo to find a long term 'hook' to keep me interested beyond a few shows. So let's try this. A young trainee stumbled upon footage of an obscure CGC midcarder from the 90's, and has decided to become Black Sheep II. Can he make it to the top of the wrestling world?

image.jpeg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Fabibi said:

have a question regarding the "First Step" achievement, do the match have to be rated 50 overall (segment rating) or is it only the in ring rating that has to be over 50?

It's always the overall rating.

bonne chance

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kinqconnor said:

I am going to give this a go this year! My only question is when rolling the table do i pick a table and roll. or do i roll against 1-54? or is it personal preference?

Roll 1-54. The sections are just show the type of roll you got, they don't mean anything. 

• Like 1

FirstHIWShow.thumb.png.457a36c2b2040636849c4117e5b44457.png

Meet Mossard (unfortunate childhood nickname of Mossy that has stuck..) He plans on making it big by moving out to wales to bring some HIGH IMPACT WRESTLING! Mossy is not the best wrestler and Tyler Baker has offered 1000 to attempt to get something started as he's beginning to get the wrestling bug. Just how far can Mossy go...?

Mossard Starting Stats.png

Edited by kinqconnor
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, kinqconnor said:

Is it actually possible? I am losing so much money and you do not get nowhere near as much sponsorship money as you used too. I am burning an endless pit of money..

We don't know yet, that is the exciting part. You are a pioneer my friend.

We do get three years before going bankrupt now though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the creative finishes will make getting 100 much easier.

Edited by Bad Collin
  • Like 1