12 hours ago, Aidenw723 said:

Well. On May 11th 2024, Fox Mask stepped down as CZCW booker, that being a medium sized company. And guess who was the booker of a small company in need of new heights. ANDREW PHOENIX! I resigned from NYCW, viewed my decisions, CZCW accepted, and now I'm working for a medium sized company!

image.png.2393434e8abd898ebee279f65b25d1d4.png

Wow! So you were able to jump first to NYCW and then to CZCW with that rep/skill combination? Some nice breaks there. I'm two years in and haven't had a single booking position open up except for new companies.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frank said:

Question: For the 50 rated match with your wrestler, does the match need a 50 rating or just my character?

I would assume its the Match rating as thats the way it's written (saying with rather than for).  Given it's all just an exercise in having fun anyway I doubt anyone is that worried. People might debate if it was the Final (win) of the challenge) but up till then it's really just a way of giving your game a structured purpose. 

Year 3 is going swimmingly so far. Hit Tiny in March, and finally got my 50+ rated match in May. 

image.jpeg

To transition into a full time wrestler, Judgement Dragon was attacked, kidnapped, and tortured by Nightmare Dragon, before returning later that night as Ovis Lividus, brainwashed evil sheep guy.  We did this angle in 7 different towns across the country, before I got bored of making it in the angle system. Then I found excellent chemistry with a manager (Holly Leves) creating a troublesome trio, both on and off screen. Nightmare Dragon (Bat Cooper) isn't a great worker, and is a negative presence backstage, and Holly isn't much better in that regard. She instantly started dating Rhys Vali, who comes with further incidents. They'll do for now, but I don't think this will be a lifelong working relationship. Maybe I need some drama now that my money worries are under control. 

Rolled the Stud Athlete attribute and some stamina points. Very useful as my current product demands looooong matches that I didn't anticipate when setting up my guy.

In other news, I just made my first title belt. Haven't really needed one in the first few years of booking, but now I need a booking crutch for my main events. I assigned it to Neville Jones. He's refusing to do jobs anyway. 21CW also fired Welsh Dragon, and given the theming I had to bring him in... but at $670 a show I'll just use him as a special attraction for the quarterly Cardiff shows. I thought he'd be my way to cheese a 50+ match, but I guess I don't need him after all. 

Edited by Self
  • Like 3

Some observations on making your character using the quick skills generation. Anyone using the quick skills without adjusting them down is going to have a leg up on anyone who puts their own stats in. The only preset style that gets even close is Spot Monkey which gives you between high 760 to low 790s everything else is considerably higher

Tested with 10 tries with each style

All Arounder averages in the 940s

Brawler Wrestler averages about 950s

Brawler Average in the 920s

Harcore Brawler averages in the 800s

Technician Averages in the 880s

High FLyer averages in the 900s

Technical Flyer averages in the 900s

Traditional Luchador averages in the 930

Flashy Striker averages in the 880s

Spot Monkey averages in the 770

If this is what the game thinks a Trainee we may want to consider increasing the points. Or to make make it fair between all players may want to consider having those who pregenerate states with the quick skill needing to adjust their characters down to 750. The average between all styles is in the 880s so if you do decide to adjust to make it a rookie according to the game you may want to adjust up to 850.

Edited by Irish Wolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Irish Wolf said:

Some observations on making your character using the quick skills generation. Anyone using the quick skills without adjusting them down is going to have a leg up on anyone who puts their own stats in. The only preset style that gets even close is Spot Monkey which gives you between high 760 to low 790s everything else is considerably higher

Tested with 10 tries with each style

All Arounder averages in the 940s

Brawler Wrestler averages about 950s

Brawler Average in the 920s

Harcore Brawler averages in the 800s

Technician Averages in the 880s

High FLyer averages in the 900s

Technical Flyer averages in the 900s

Traditional Luchador averages in the 930

Flashy Striker averages in the 880s

Spot Monkey averages in the 770

If this is what the game thinks a Trainee we may want to consider increasing the points. Or to make make it fair between all players may want to consider having those who pregenerate states with the quick skill needing to adjust their characters down to 750. The average between all styles is in the 880s so if you do decide to adjust to make it a rookie according to the game you may want to adjust up to 850.

For self-assigned vs generation, self-assigned does have the pro of complete freedom as to how points are assigned so I think quick generation is sort of handicapped in a way. Like I gave my avatar 75 psychology from the get-go. And as players tend to power-level their avatar hard in this challenge, I think the lower starting point doesn't really affect that much.

It would be a different story if this were a RPG game of sort where the main character's power level is super important. But in here we can just hire other wrestlers to carry the fed while we grow so it's not a big deal IMO.

Edited by Goliathus
  • Like 1

@Goliathus nailed it. The minmax way of 75 points to key skills is still the best way of completing RTG. Quick gen gives more points overall but the game doesn't care about that if a worker have 50 brawling, 50 tech and 50 aerial they will perform worse than a worker with 75 in one of those stats. Quick gen is more of a flavour thing and an added challenge.

1 hour ago, Bad Collin said:

@Goliathus nailed it. The minmax way of 75 points to key skills is still the best way of completing RTG. Quick gen gives more points overall but the game doesn't care about that if a worker have 50 brawling, 50 tech and 50 aerial they will perform worse than a worker with 75 in one of those stats. Quick gen is more of a flavour thing and an added challenge.

What I would say is that the 750 number is probably a little low.  As Irish Wolf showed the random generated stats are significantly higher total number wise.  750 averaged over the 21 stat categories that you can choose (assuming you dont use ref and commentary ones) is 35.71.  Now obviously you can give 0 to say Puroreso, Hardcore, Aerial and Flashiness and just go Brawling or Technical one 75 the other 25 to take the other 15 up to an average of 43.33 and make Sex Appeal and/or Menace negligible if you want but it still feels a tad low for what the challenge is designed to achieve.  Also it does sort of force you to create really unbalanced wrestlers.  800 is probably a better number as it gives the person a little wiggle room to try to create someone that feels less like an exercise in maximising stats. 

Hilariously after what Irish Wolf posted I thought maybe I would create a person and give it a go - I had to take two stats down to get under 75 one of which was Sex Appeal .... I'm looking at the stats it generated and suddenly in my head I had an idea of what I could do with what it did and now I am sort of inspired to actually see if I can do this challenge - I dont know with the 750 I would have felt as inspired because it would have been just me creating a one note character designed to game the system.

Admittedly moving the number up to 800 would probably just mean people game the system by 50 points more.   

As for the the randomly generated Sex Appeal character - I am going with Freya Tuck - Oceania's Premier Exotico - well Oceania's only Exotico to be honest.

image.png.644e7f5ddec1b6777b8d67b7dd153520.pngimage.png.10cc553ef396363dbe78ce2a74894e3b.pngimage.png.379fc2ebf1ec5280a4d6cf6e4fba9d4b.png

Edited by alpha2117

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

What I would say is that the 750 number is probably a little low.  As Irish Wolf showed the random generated stats are significantly higher total number wise.  750 averaged over the 21 stat categories that you can choose (assuming you dont use ref and commentary ones) is 35.71.  Now obviously you can give 0 to say Puroreso, Hardcore, Aerial and Flashiness and just go Brawling or Technical one 75 the other 25 to take the other 15 up to an average of 43.33 and make Sex Appeal and/or Menace negligible if you want but it still feels a tad low for what the challenge is designed to achieve.  Also it does sort of force you to create really unbalanced wrestlers.  800 is probably a better number as it gives the person a little wiggle room to try to create someone that feels less like an exercise in maximising stats. 

Hilariously after what Irish Wolf posted I thought maybe I would create a person and give it a go - I had to take two stats down to get under 75 one of which was Sex Appeal .... I'm looking at the stats it generated and suddenly in my head I had an idea of what I could do with what it did and now I am sort of inspired to actually see if I can do this challenge - I dont know with the 750 I would have felt as inspired because it would have been just me creating a one note character designed to game the system.

Admittedly moving the number up to 800 would probably just mean people game the system by 50 points more.   

As for the the randomly generated Sex Appeal character - I am going with Freya Tuck - Oceania's Premier Exotico - well Oceania's only Exotico to be honest.

image.png.644e7f5ddec1b6777b8d67b7dd153520.pngimage.png.10cc553ef396363dbe78ce2a74894e3b.pngimage.png.379fc2ebf1ec5280a4d6cf6e4fba9d4b.png

I think unless Adam rewards more rounded wrestlers with better match grades then minmaxing the 750 points is always going to be the way to go. 750 has always been the number and has provided a good challenge in previous years, until people get into the endgame we don't know whether this is still the case or not. 

Woohoo! 1k posts.

Edited by Bad Collin
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

I think unless Adam rewards more rounded wrestlers with better match grades then minmaxing the 750 points is always going to be the way to go. 750 has always been the number and has provided a good challenge in previous years, until people get into the endgame we don't know whether this is still the case or not. 

Woohoo! 1k posts.

Congrats on hittignng IK.

• Like 1

Finally got my first 50 show! In the next two months, I should be tiny and hopefully a job will be opening soon so I can move to greener pastures.  I am April '24 and my booking reputation is only a 5 (I run monthly shows).  Part of me wishes the booking reputation started higher, while I know it is unrealistic, it is fun to jump to other companies.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 124239.png

• Like 2

I just had a 50 rated match for my guy and rolled an 8.  8. "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Prestige

HELL YEAH NO MORE DEBT.(+5 prestige does nothing for me right now lol)

However once again I miss out on a stat boost. Im sad because I would like him to be good sooner than later lol, but at the same time, I'm super good on money now. I can actually raise production values to a certain level and make a push towards WrestleWorld by Year 3 or 4 with no worries now.  I'm definitely losing money still, but atleast I have a huge buffer before I'm back in the red. Quick question though, if you get out of debt...and then go back into debt(lol)...does it reset the 3-years time frame it gives you again?

Edited by SenorWompWomp
  • Like 3

Finished year two, but updating from February 24 because I managed to hit Tiny with my first show in January. I've been catching a lot of gimmick-related rolls, which works well for my entertainer character. Haven't used a season finale yet, but getting Mr. Finale might be really helpful in the endgame.

image.thumb.png.6afe667b670df385f1936b0844db285f.png

I had an owner goal to be profitable by the end of year two so ended up doing a couple normal-priced shows per month to make sure I got there. I'm now back to doing two Very Cheap shows per month. With merchandising at level three, I tend to break even on these or eke out a small profit.

image.thumb.png.755660faa328fe0c7f3e2001ccc404b5.png

Starting to put a war chest together. Now that I have a roster minimum of 16, I want to make sure I can keep everyone booked and still make money. Once that's done, I'm going to start upgrading either merchandising again or production. WrestleWorld takes Tiny companies with popularity of 25 which seems about a year away at my current growth rate. The production costs might be more than we can handle, but I'm going to try to get there. I once again have an owner goal not to be in debt at the end of 2025 so this time I'm going to try staying in the black so we don't have to scramble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SenorWompWomp said:

I just had a 50 rated match for my guy and rolled an 8.  8. "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Prestige

HELL YEAH NO MORE DEBT.

However once again I miss out on a stat boost. Im sad because I would like him to be good sooner than later lol, but at the same time, I'm super good on money now. I can actually raise production values to a certain level and make a push towards WrestleWorld by Year 3 with no worries hopefully now.  I'm definitely losing money still, but atleast I have a huge buffer before I'm back in the red. Quick question though, if you get out of debt...and then go back into debt(lol)...does it reset the 3-years time frame it gives you again?

From the help file:

image.png.66af396a05458512a338d8d400d94bd3.png

Once the initial post-opening three years are gone, bankruptcy probably kicks in for smaller companies at around six months to a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cross posted update from my Dynasty (cheap plug: )

RTG Year 3 Update

No in ring achievement again so just the annual roll and it is a pretty useless one +60 to colour commentary. 

image.thumb.png.90920c051d1f4ccfbca55b48bdd491a6.png

Squires wrestled 38 times in 2024 and so his experience is getting close to 20 (I think this is where there no penalty for inexperience)

image.thumb.png.aa736cee3fba5c856b178437329bb225.png

Huge improvement in finances throughout 2024 so the danger of bankrupcy is over

image.thumb.png.739f7891fd2a71712772bd7b284719dd.png

The big difference in 2024 was running a monthly show. I earned a good amount of money in ticket sales on these shows and got some good pop gains. 3LW is now at 21 pop, we need 25 for Wrestleworld GB and 35 to hit Small.   

Edited by Bad Collin
  • Like 6

image.thumb.png.4259db3a8491ffc554d02c4459b42ed3.png

Thanks to the power of free ticket, I am positive for the first time in one year and a half. I have another 18 months or so to pay my debt and I am 99% certain I can do it. I will keep tickets free for a while to get more pop then go back to normal ticket price. Will probably stick to my house rules of following AI's pace and not spam shows though. Here for the long ride.

Another thing that makes me positive about the future is that Japan is finally getting rising / rising on both economy and wrestling industry. Wrestling industry is still very weak but hey, it's only up from here. Economy gone up to below average and I am sure my sponsors money will keep going higher. 12K debt should be gone by 2024.

18 hours ago, Bad Collin said:

The big difference in 2024 was running a monthly show. I earned a good amount of money in ticket sales on these shows and got some good pop gains. 3LW is now at 21 pop, we need 25 for Wrestleworld GB and 35 to hit Small.   

I'm nearing that 25 for Wrestleworld GB too, and I'm pondering when it'll be worthwhile to pull that trigger. I'd need to spend more on production to qualify. That would mean fewer shows overall, and I feel like I'm just barely running a full enough schedule as it is. My guy would likely benefit from at least another packed year of small "wrestling in your town" shows before the internet gets a glimpse of him. 

2 minutes ago, Self said:

I'm nearing that 25 for Wrestleworld GB too, and I'm pondering when it'll be worthwhile to pull that trigger. I'd need to spend more on production to qualify. That would mean fewer shows overall, and I feel like I'm just barely running a full enough schedule as it is. My guy would likely benefit from at least another packed year of small "wrestling in your town" shows before the internet gets a glimpse of him. 

Yeah, at this stage all WW does is make your guys more expensive by getting them over more across the country. I did some maths and I could just about afford WW with one show a month but I want to build up some cash first.

2 minutes ago, Bad Collin said:

Yeah, at this stage all WW does is make your guys more expensive by getting them over more across the country. I did some maths and I could just about afford WW with one show a month but I want to build up some cash first.

Is WW some kind of webstream broadcasting as opposed to a TV deal?