How You Discovered TEW/EWR?

I just needed a booking simulator/game to satisfy my desire for pro wrestling booking. 

I found EWR! It was fun. Then I found via a search engine TEW 2005 and the Cornellverse entered the scene and I loved to work with the characters and promotions who are born in someone's imagination (because I have done the same), with so rich history, so alive, and with funny, fresh art. 

I am a women's wrestling fan and wannabe talents scout/road agent, so AAA, 5SSW, QAW and even the Babes of Sin City were fun and somehow all I needed!

Despite the game still being hard and always surprising me, I still being drawn in emotions and inspiration sometimes and make rookie mistakes, TEW (and even the WreSpi) franchise is something important and inspiring, a needed creativity dose some days. It's amazing as it is for me (no WWE mods needed), and I am happy that I found it.

• Like 1

I discovered the EWD around 2000/2001 via AOL chat rooms. From there I discovered the Pro Wrestling Simulator Enthusiasts community and found a huge selection of games. I moved from EWD to Promotion Wars, and then eventually to EWR. I've owned every version of TEW from its launch in 2004, but I find myself with increasingly less and less time every year to even play much any more.

I'm pretty sure I discovered EWR around 2004 on an abandonware site and I thought it was pretty cool because a few of my friends were in the game. I liked it so well that I bought TEW2005 and I've bought every iteration since. Amusingly, I mod and render more than I play.

Someone linked the game (it had to have been EWR edit, saw the guy above in the AOL chats, could've been EWD, who knows, there are people posting on here who were born when these events transpired) on one of the old ACLU/AOL 3.0 wrestling roleplay boards (UWF, or WWA i forget)... it's been a wrap since then.

Edited by elmiticomark

Stayed home all summer as a kid and came across TNM, Promotional Wars and EWR. I think if you were into e-feds then you were bound to discover the booking side of fantasy wrestling. 

I can't even remember how I found EWR it was that far back lol, I was very into efedding at the time and I know at some point my group were looking at booker programs that you could create characters in, some of them even wrote matches though it took more time to edit than to just write it in the first place, somewhere in my lycos/yahoo/whatever else search I will have found EWR.

I do remember that I played as ROH and i lost one or both of three sets of tag champions to WWE so I kind of just never bothered booking the belt again so I can sympathise with COTT in this year's data.

Since then I’ve had wrestling spirit 3, i must have had tew16 because i had that version’s thunderverse but that laptop went pop very quickly after, didn’t feel like paying for it again or going through licensing so my first real tew played was 20 and obviously I’m planning on getting 9.

Edited by Teasenitryn

I don't remember exactly how, but I do remember wanting to watch wrestling again after witnessing two teachers arguing and then finding a forum about EWR and TEW where people narrated their saves and it looked really cool so I joined.

I still remember one of my first "dynasty" with EWR using TNA, adding titles every month and doing the same matches every week. Then I moved to TEW 2008 with a never-ending number of WWE saves, that kept going when TEW2010 came out and lasted until I tried doing a CVerse "dynasty" over there (the only one that did it, maybe ever, for sure at the time) with ZEN. A "dynasty" that survived the arrival of TEW 2013 and that, I am pretty sure, was mentioned on the GDS forum somewhere lol. Oh and to this day I still remember being told that my wrestlers were defined by their action and not by their gimmicks/characters and I still hate it because it made me take the whole thing more seriously than it needed to be.

Sometime after that I stopped writing my saves, left that forum and lost again interest in wrestling for various reasons, but I always played TEW and kept getting the new versions. In a way, if today I am following wrestling again (Stardom, mainly) it's probably thanks to these games.