Possible Naming Situation RW Based Mods

Okay, so i can't be the only one that likes to take several real world mods and mesh some thing together right? Like for relationships, championships, tag teams, stables etc. 

Only problem with that is when you have conflicting names for wrestlers unfortunately, and than sometimes not notice it until you run the game world and play as a smaller company trying to compete with WWE, only to see they picked up both HHH and Paul Levesque or The Rock and Dwayne Johnson etc.

I was wondering if we could maybe get mod developers to kinda try to stick with the same naming schemes. If not i totally understand and respect everything you all do for us. The countless hours put into making a mod great for us. Just something i thought of.

It's not really something that can be enforced as a modding standard across everyone I'd say. It's up to the mod maker themselves about how they want their mod to be - some will want to lean more kayfabe, some will want to lean more "real" with names. Ultimately the burden kinda comes on anyone doing megamods to weed out the dupes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

It's not really something that can be enforced as a modding standard across everyone I'd say. It's up to the mod maker themselves about how they want their mod to be - some will want to lean more kayfabe, some will want to lean more "real" with names. Ultimately the burden kinda comes on anyone doing megamods to weed out the dupes.

I tried t do a mega mod for 2020 and dupes was one of the biggest issues. Probably didn't help I tried starting it last year. Only annoyane is when the mod maker changes the worker name between mod updates. Understanable for titles and companies though

On 7/26/2024 at 2:09 PM, Big Roguey said:

Yeah i totally get that, but even than having a linear naming structure would help mod makers too, when they pull from other databases, which seems to happen quite abit since most mod makers here seem to be pretty generous.

What might be a nice to have is for mod makers to say in their first post with all the mod info how they plan to handle worker names (gimmick, real names, hybrid, etc) so you could combine databases of the same style.

I know in other games I play, the database makers are often much more meticulous about posting their changelogs each time an update is posted (added these workers, renamed these workers, etc). If a few mod makers started to do the same, it would make megamods easier. Perhaps there could be some designation like megamod friendly for the ones who are willing to do this record keeping.

Or perhaps someone wants to develop a "style guide" for mods, and developers can decide to opt in or not.

I don't mean for this to sound blunt but given the workload and subjectivity involved already I think you'd really struggle to get everyone either on the same page with naming conventions, putting the work in to then alter everything to fit in with that or documenting every naming change they make all just to make other people's compilation mods easier when they're already basically just importing a bunch of stuff together.

• Like 1