TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

I'm a little surprised by the negative feedback on the UI, to be honest. To me, at least, clicking on a few extra tabs isn't that much of a hassle and is a fair trade-off for how much easier on the eyes everything is now. I feel like my brain registers all the data a whole lot better when it's more spread out and I'm pretty sure this new designer is much more newbie friendly. The game just feels less overwhelming like this. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, benjirino said:

Anyone know what Dragón Americano is going by in IX?

He's in as American Patriot this time around, he left Mexico when OLLIE closed. He's unemployed and based in the southwest now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MadsMC said:

The new angle system will grow on me, but I don't hate it.

The one thing I don't like about it are the storyline victories. I tried to give David Stone a storyline victory over Cameron Vessey, which made him furious, and I had to rebook. Even a minor one wouldn't work. Obviously, I'm not going to have Vessey jobbing out to Stone at this point, but if I can't make him look strong in matches, and now in angles too, his storyline momentum is going to be pretty bad...

Echoing what you said here. In real life, Hulk Hogan, for all of his faults of "That doesn't work for me brother," he was more than happy to let Earthquake hit him with several Earthquake Splashes on the Brother Love Show. He had no qualms about the Big Boss Man beating the tar out of him. He was willing to act like he was terrified of Sting during their feud in WCW 1997. Or how about having Macho Man beat him down backstage to confirm the split of the Mega Powers? So many other real life examples that involve so many other wrestlers with huge egos not having any qualms about allowing someone to get one over on them in an angle segment, & if I try to list them here, we'll be here all night.

In fact, the only real instances of workers having problems with angles were not even about getting beat down or a worker getting a storyline victory over them, but more because a worker may have been a prima donna (the infamous Ultimate Warrior/Jake Roberts skits, if what Jake said is to be believed), or a worker being uncomfortable with the risque nature of the angle, which is already covered by workers with the appropriate attributes refusing to work risky angles & matches.

I apologize in advance if this comes off as an attack since we cannot tell tone through text. My intention is to give my honest thoughts after trying a bit of the beta myself with a converted version of Fleisch & Skycrasher's 1992 mod & booking an angle where the Undertaker & Ric Flair beat down Hulk Hogan. Hogan complained. Now in a match where he's not made to look strong, OK, fair point. But an angle? I'm not so sure about.

Now all of that said, I love the new options we have in angles, such as making them pre-taped, videos, outside, backstage, etc. But I'm not keen on the change when it comes to storyline victories in angles & workers getting upset about putting over others in angles.

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Rhett2000 said:

Having a great time playing so far just one thing kind of bothering me is why rearrange the main office screen why not add the new buttons in the highlighted red area in the picture I provided nothing major just something I find odd to change I guess I've just gotten to used to the 2020 layout.

Untitled.png.779ec8c6cb078e2cd2ddbf4d8b412b91.png

Probably because its in alphabetical order mate

I don’t know if I’m just blind but I cannot find TEW IX in my folder after installing. 

I do feel like I’m forgetting something.

Edited by shotz

21 hours ago, EdJames said:

Check out the Day 1 Update thread in the mod section for an even bigger graphical upgrade from the get go. Real focus on the female, masked and Japanese wrestlers and a much greater standardisation of front facing, studio-lit images.

Link bro I can’t find it

4 minutes ago, shotz said:

I don’t know if I’m just blind but I cannot find TEW IX in my folder after installing. 

I do feel like I’m forgetting something.

Unlike previous iterations which was saved in "Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86)", TEWIX is automatically downloaded into "Documents" unless you changed it manually. You should find the various folders and the application there.

2 minutes ago, TheSmoothLefty said:

Link bro I can’t find it

EdJames chose to delete the thread until he had re-worked it. I'm sure he'll repost it as soon as he's able.

• Like 6

Just now, Mammoth said:

Unlike previous iterations which was saved in "Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86)", TEWIX is automatically downloaded into "Documents" unless you changed it manually. You should find the various folders and the application there.

EdJames chose to delete the thread until he had re-worked it. I'm sure he'll repost it as soon as he's able.

That explains it, thanks. Thought I was losing my mind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mammoth said:

Hero cheers mate 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, newbiezness said:

but it was difficult not to improve the UI of TEW 2020

Brother i have to disagree. I think the UI in 2020 was a massive downgrade from 2016 and could have been improved upon and should have been a priority

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JBrother said:

Brother i have to disagree. I think the UI in 2020 was a massive downgrade from 2016 and could have been improved upon and should have been a priority

Of course it should have been a priority! If you read my whole message that's what I mean:

13 hours ago, newbiezness said:

UI design mistakes were the first things that stood out to me. You have described them pretty well. The game seems to be at least as difficult as it was to navigate

By the way I didn't play 2016, my first TEW game was 2020. I don't know if 2016 's UI was better than 2020. Do you mean 2016 > 2020 > IX , really?

9 minutes ago, D.W. said:

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm just missing something obvious. What "unmarketable attribute" is the game referring to?

Without knowing which mod you are playing, does the worker have any hidden attributes?

16 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

Without knowing which mod you are playing, does the worker have any hidden attributes?

It's a custom mod I made. No one has any hidden attributes.

I'm going to just delete and re-add all of the attributes one by one to see what's flagging it.

Edit: Yeah, this has to be a bug. If I use the in-game editor to delete and then add all of the same attributes, the penalty goes away.

Edited by D.W.
  • Like 1

Finally able to take a look. At first sight it looks like the picture size has been reduced? Why did that suddenly happen? On a big monitor, I can barely see the image at all. It's literaly 1/32th of the entire width of the screen.

Imo there was nothing wrong with the stable images on the background of the standard GIF image. This new style offers more options, yes, but don't shrink the one graphic this game has.

I saw the option "background logos" and turned it off, thinking it might fix this, but instead it becomes some black space with the name of the game on it? Please have the picture extend in this case instead of this? I cannot imagine anyone, anyone at all, who would play the game this way...

• Like 3

Just now, Blackman said:

Finally able to take a look. At first sight it looks like the picture size has been reduced? Why did that suddenly happen? On a big monitor, I can barely see the image at all. It's literaly 1/32th of the entire screen.

Imo there was nothing wrong with the stable images on the background of the standard GIF image. This new style offers more options, yes, but don't shrink the one graphic this game has.

I was just thinking this. The worker photos are too small. The stable/company border GIF are potentially helpful, but shouldn't be done at the cost the worker.

I'm wondering if the gif could be done a header/footer. Rather than encompass the entire worker, a logo at the top for stable, a logo at the bottom for company.

6 minutes ago, JCStensland said:

Might be a dumb question but can we move the TEW IX folder out of the OneDrive and put it in the same place as TEW 2020? For example, my TEW20 is in the Program Files (x86) in the GDS folder?

Yes. I have done exactly that because I wanted them all together for easy access between pictures and such like, and I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Blackman said:

Finally able to take a look. At first sight it looks like the picture size has been reduced? Why did that suddenly happen? On a big monitor, I can barely see the image at all. It's literaly 1/32th of the entire width of the screen.

I saw the option "background logos" and turned it off, thinking it might fix this, but instead it becomes some black space with the name of the game on it? Please have the picture extend in this case instead of this? I cannot imagine anyone, anyone at all, who would play the game this way...

Use the "Default_Alt" database with the "Default_Alt" pictures.

There are plenty of people who like the GIF versions, but the normal JPEG versions were included for people like you who may prefer it the "old" way.

Just now, ericmassak said:

I was just thinking this. The worker photos are too small. The stable/company border GIF are potentially helpful, but shouldn't be done at the cost the worker.

I'm wondering if the gif could be done a header/footer. Rather than encompass the entire worker, a logo at the top for stable, a logo at the bottom for company.

Use the "Default_Alt" database with the "Default_Alt" pictures.

Doing "header/footer" would not improve the sizes of the worker images but I'm sure plenty of people are already thinking how best to use the new GIF system so custom modifications may surprise you in the near future.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Big Roguey said:

Also if you're not unemployed go to Office -> Business Management -> Contract Overview and then you can scroll between all the different companies to see it. image.png

Oh gosh I forgot to mention this feature - I love it! Makes it easier to see who I can poach from my riv- ok Jerry

image.png.193a45caab3870f1ac1f27503bb680a5.png

• Haha 5

I noted about the angles earlier, I just found the quick angle button and it's super easy and enjoyable to use. I understand why it's a button press as it uses the form to fill out the new angle editor, maybe there could be an option to open it by default for people who prefer the simpler forms.

quickangle.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1