TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

12 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

In another thread the temp solution is to change the language to English.  They are working on a solution so hopefully it will be fixed for you soon

I think there’s already a patch out to fix this.

Edited by EdJames
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

Where can I see the contract length of someone?

Also an issue for me. Where is this available? Is it even available at all? If it is, why's it so friggin hidden. 

Feedback after a few hours streaming and playing:

Positives:

• Worker tabs are awesome, loving everything to quickly save from all the previous popup tabs
  • Seeing the records for title is great to build towards breaking records
  • Media Scrums are amazing, really hoping there is a chance for a fight from this haha
  • Inner Circle mechanic is amazing (chief enforcers maybe add 2 more)
  • Booking Team is amazing, please expand on what you can spend CE on (maybe share with child company, match type bonuses, title match bonuses)
  • Cutting Child companies loose
  • Realistic weight, height, calendar :)
  • Additional business mechanics (Hall of Fame, charitable donations, headquarters) more of this please
  • Random workers showing up backstage (can't hire them for one off if they are from another region despite being backstage btw)

Negatives:

• Angle System probably did not need a rework, I see the potential with having larger amounts of people in an angle and multiple segments. It feels like much slower to book compared to before with this system and haven't figured out yet if angles feel like they are waited much lower.
  • Not sure without user talents how the balance will work for talking to workers to do stuff (is this based on their attributes now?)

Fixes/Requests before Release:

• Broadcasting and Events alphabetical order of buttons needs fixed
  • Please add filters, sorting, ordering to worker screen
  • Please return the flags for the regions on the worker screen, they look much better
  • Color code when time is running out on a contract for the worker's contract screen
  • Please add ability to add tag teams, stables to angles + stables to match screen to quickly select
  • Lifestyle options for talking to worker (I don't think there was anything in 2020 either)
  • Brand Split main logo showing up if backdrop is turned off, works different and I'm guessing as intended for Stable & Company logos backdrops
  • Tabs similar to workers screen would be great for company screen as they feel more natural to click and less popups
  • God Mode / Sandbox Mode to disable natural deaths for fantasy saves (diabloverse, war of the immortals)
  • More cheat codes, saw none were added :(
  • Least likely, but picking sponsorships (Prime, Monster, Gaming companies, magazines, etc) would be cool
  • Charitable donations every 30 days, 90 days is too much of a wait

Questions:

• It was mentioned wrestlers could work Indies with Written deals, is this just a normal written deal? Or is there a toggle I missing to allow exclusive written to work certain Indies?
  • Does death date mean someone 100% dies on that date once the game approaches it? If it doesn't and someone does later, does it populate to the date it happened in-game instead?
Edited by vtechguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, emilyrose14 said:

I'm sure I'm being super dumb here, but how the heck do you set a match as a title match? I just can't for the life of me see the option.

you're not being dumb, it's just another needless button added to the interface of booking a match. It's along the top, there's 'Staff' and 'Title' there now to force you to click 2 new buttons instead of all being nicely available on one page. Why? Who knows

• Like 2

It seems like everyone is all about the AI renders but man do I not like them. I mostly play EMLL or CZCW and pretty much all the masked renders look terrible.  I absolutely hate Cyclops and Snake Kings new masks. And half of the masks look like face paint now instead of masks.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

I had low expectations for the new renders when I found out that a human wasn't going to be involved in their creation, but I had expected that someone who knew what a human looked like would have reviewed these renders prior to their inclusion in the game. Combined with the lack of change in the Cornellverse this release, it looks like I'll have to make my own fun if I move forward with a purchase.

Yeah I'm done after this don't want to pile on any more, but I've played a couple hours now and this is... a step backwards. In pretty much all ways. This is bad. Feels like a cash grab with no real advancement in the game. I've bought EVERY TEW up to now but, that'll end here.
The AI art is, IMO, BAD. Sorry to whoever put a few prompts in somewhere to generate them but, they are one of many swing and a misses with this one. Woof.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

The other day someone was getting mad, because of the game resolution and I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Today, I'm kinda with them. 

If there was a full screen button and if it was possible to put it full screen, it would make it way easier for a lot of things to be in the same screen without the need to add a lot of clicks to get somewhere.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, EdJames said:

Absolutely open to feedback on particular characters you'd like to see reworked. 

If you're looking for suggestions, I would recommend taking another look at Krissy Angelle. Her mouth makes her look like a blow-up doll.

One thing I've noticed that disappointed me a bit is that you can no longer pick Left the Business characters as avatars. That was an addition in 2020 that I got a lot of use out of, so sad to see it go.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Rhett2000 said:

Having a great time playing so far just one thing kind of bothering me is why rearrange the main office screen why not add the new buttons in the highlighted red area in the picture I provided nothing major just something I find odd to change I guess I've just gotten to used to the 2020 layout.

Because then everything wouldn't be in alphabetical order.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Irish Wolf said:

It seems like everyone is all about the AI renders but man do I not like them. I mostly play EMLL or CZCW and pretty much all the masked renders look terrible.  I absolutely hate Cyclops and Snake Kings new masks. And half of the masks look like face paint now instead of masks.

Don’t worry, most of the masked wrestlers have been reworked. The new images will be shared in the next week. Can’t guarantee you’ll love them all since so much is down to personal preference, but am confident you’ll like them more as a whole.

7 minutes ago, Thane of Fife said:

If you're looking for suggestions, I would recommend taking another look at Krissy Angelle. Her mouth makes her look like a blow-up doll.

One thing I've noticed that disappointed me a bit is that you can no longer pick Left the Business characters as avatars. That was an addition in 2020 that I got a lot of use out of, so sad to see it go.

Krissy already one of those redone 👍🏻

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Don’t worry, most of the masked wrestlers have been reworked. The new images will be shared in the next week. Can’t guarantee you’ll love them all since so much is down to personal preference, but am confident you’ll like them more as a whole.

Honestly it probably wont matter. There is already the moral dilemma of buying a product that uses AI art. But I think that AI art is a complete and giant step backward from what we had. If I even get the game - and this is the 1st one in the series im actually thinking about not getting because of the moral issues using ai art - I'm probably just gonna use the old picture pack and hope a person in tbe mods forums makes renders for all the guys that wont have one 

Edited by Irish Wolf
Misspelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Shaman_at-Dawn said:

Yeah, i was super excited about jumping back in after a long time away, but seeing as they used ai (which is flat-out theft) I won't be giving them my money.

Sadly I think theyre gonna lose a lot of people who have moral issues with AI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Thane of Fife said:

I was pretty sad that Victoria Stone-McFly, Emma Chase and Phoebe Plumridge were all gone and unavailable as avatars.

Never mind I'm an idiot. Totally agree.

Edited by Doctor Crunch

So far, I am really enjoying the new features. Inner Circle and the Booking Team really flesh out the backstage environment and make me ponder what kind of personalities I want on my roster. 

Creative Ideas and finishes have already given some wrestlers opportunities that they wouldn't of gotten otherwise. Really love those additions. 

I can't wait to go long term and see how my answers during Media scrums will affect things in the locker room and such. Getting asked why I signed such and such and answering "The plan is to push them to the moon" and not doing it has me very intrigued on the consequences. 

Drawbacks include having to get used to this new angle system. Gone are  the days of me booking a full show in 3 minutes. And I, like a lot of people on this thread, would do anything for a full screen TEW. 

Solid start to TEW IX, should hopefully get better throughout its life cycle. Cheers Adam! 

• Like 3

I think the AI discussion is tired at this point. It obviously has people who don't want to support it and some who don't care either way. Don't thinks it's necessary to keep going down that rabbit hole. 

It was announced earlier this month in the developer blog so I have no clue why this is surprising to some still. 

• Like 14

Just now, AlanMaths677 said:

I think the AI discussion is tired at this point. It obviously has people who don't want to support it and some who don't care either way. Don't thinks it's necessary to keep going down that rabbit hole. 

It was announced earlier this month in the developer blog so I have no clue why this is surprising to some still. 

Or at least needs a thread of its own, this is the third or fourth time i've seen the arguments about it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FlightlessGypsy said:

I would like the AI models a lot better if they were bigger and didn't have such thick borders. I know you can turn them off but they just turn black and remain the same size.

I also think it may be the background, i felt like the cverse blue really made the skin colours pop more

• Like 4

Just now, beatingstuff88 said:

I also think it may be the background, i felt like the cverse blue really made the skin colours pop more

Idk if this is even an unpopular opinion but I personally liked CVerse blue. It felt unique to the mod similar to the Thunderverse pose. Don't think it was necessary to change imo. 

1 hour ago, EdJames said:

If you switch the database in the main screen to the alt version before starting a game, you can play the JPG version where everybody is full 150x150px with a black background (as one alternative).

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Easy enough to add them all, en masse, onto the blue background 😊