TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

The new angle system will grow on me, but I don't hate it.

The one thing I don't like about it are the storyline victories. I tried to give David Stone a storyline victory over Cameron Vessey, which made him furious, and I had to rebook. Even a minor one wouldn't work. Obviously, I'm not going to have Vessey jobbing out to Stone at this point, but if I can't make him look strong in matches, and now in angles too, his storyline momentum is going to be pretty bad...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MrVillain said:

You didn’t even give the game a real shot! Like wtf!!! What an asinine comment. You have to click a little more to open stuff in some spots. Like that is what’s gonna stop you from playing this game?? THAT?? WTF!!! That’s a silly excuse I’d expect from my 6 year old son. Talk about wanting to be coddled! 

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

• Like 1

Just to throw my thoughts out into the void from a first impression

*Love the Creative Team & Inner Circle features, it makes the companies feel more alive and being able to assign a trainer & enforcer adds more value to the older workers on the roster. I would like to be able to add more trainers & enforcers, but as a general idea it's my favourite new change.

*Was hoping for more change in the C-Verse landscape, but on the whole, most companies have had just enough of a tweak to interest me in diving in for another save.

*The new angle system is the only big negative for me really. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it strikes me as a little clunky and will make booking more than hour or two per week a real slog for entertainment-based products.

*This is a tiny one, but I'm really glad to see gender identity included in the game. It has minimal functional value, but as a Trans woman, it makes me feel more included within the community ❤️

• Like 10

1 hour ago, EdJames said:

Funakoshi is one of those redone in the Day One Update I’ve built, and that release definitely addresses some of the disconnect between stats and portraits around attractiveness, physique and general appearance.

Is that out yet?

6 minutes ago, Kjarvs said:

*This is a tiny one, but I'm really glad to see gender identity included in the game. It has minimal functional value, but as a Trans woman, it makes me feel more included within the community 

Yeah not really used much in Cverse, that poor transgirl in Zen must feel lonely but it will add a lot to other mods, real world should have a few given people like ASUKA, Candy Lee, Nyla Rose, Gisele Shaw and Sonny Kiss all work a lot and stuff like Willrocks mod has those sort of workers galore even in the early stages.

• Like 2

Just now, shaw88 said:

I may be being stupid, where do you find how long a worker (not in your company) has left on their contract?

If you click on their profile it should say Contract in between Attributes and Recent News, it tells you there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaw88 said:

I may be being stupid, where do you find how long a worker (not in your company) has left on their contract?

Just now, ButterSavage said:

If you click on their profile it should say Contract in between Attributes and Recent News, it tells you there.

Also if you're not unemployed go to Office -> Business Management -> Contract Overview and then you can scroll between all the different companies to see it. image.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

Also if you're not unemployed go to Office -> Business Management -> Contract Overview and then you can scroll between all the different companies to see it. image.png

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, benjirino said:

Certain I'm being super dense - where do you add titles to a match on the pre-booking screen?

Above the segment name, next to the highlighted in yellow "Booking details", Titles will be faded out, click on it. Took me a few mins last night to spot it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shady Tree said:

Above the segment name, next to the highlighted in yellow "Booking details", Titles will be faded out, click on it. Took me a few mins last night to spot it. 

Thank you! So used to it being where it was.

Is there a way to mass change what gender division people work in? I initially set myself up as mixed gender but changed my mind to having divisions and now everyone is set as both divisions and I'm having to manually change everyone.

Does the "Has No Gimmick" filter not work for anyone else?

Edit: Nevermind, figured out it's classifying "has no gimmick" on people who have yet to debut.

Edited by benjirino

19 hours ago, JackH2020 said:

Renders absolutely a massive improvement as is the actual height and weights, this is gonna change how I feel about a lot of people. Really dont like landing on the worker status page rather than stats, not sure if there is an option to change this in settings, just my inital thoughts.

I aggree with the stats screen being first. Also, a lot of people are way taller than imagined them. And shorter than people I imagined them being taller than. 

I've played for a few hours and I'm pretty satisfied. I'll give my thoughts on a few sections.

Modding

I don't care what art or data is included with the game because we're a community of modders. I installed a Cornellverse AI picture pack (from 2022) over the top of the default pics and it worked great. No doubt a new packs will come out and we'll use them, same with databases.

Angles

The new angle maker is really cool if you wanna do some complex angles but I think the quick angles from the previous version were much more user friendly.

Layout

Generally I like the UI, I'm 37 years old now and despite having 20/20 vision I'm struggling to read the small text, the window size is becoming a real limitation, not just in terms of comfort but valuable real estate to display information. On my modern monitor the game takes up only 1/4 of the screenspace. The tabs on the worker profile help a lot, there's just not enough room to display everything we want at a glance without having to click. 

New Additions

It's basically TEW2020 but better, all the new additions are great. The inner circle is awesome and the world feels more alive. I think this is going to end up being a very fun game.

• Like 6

Played for a little bit and loving it so far. Certainly an improvement on 2020. I love the new angles system and as others mentioned, the game world feels bigger and more alive. 2 thumbs up Adam. 

• Like 2