ZEN: Way of the Discussion

Feels like ZEN is one of the companies that have gotten the most love in the changes of the two editions. Even if you can make the argument that such a big starting storyline minimizes some of the early shenanigans. 

Pink Spider getting the belt was a delightful development for me. 

• Like 1

I'm not corrupted! You're corrupted!

Hey Karrg has joined the booking team!

I guess they can rule on top for a Month, MonthMonth, Year, Decade, All hail Karrg!

Ahem, tea anyone?

Kalliope Woodchuck has to be the perfect saviour right?

Hot take: I'm glad Damian's gone from ZEN. I always felt like I had to push him because of his stats but after the fifth time or so I got tired of him. Now I can bring ZEN back to what it's all about: Goofy nonsense.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pteroid said:

Hot take: I'm glad Damian's gone from ZEN. I always felt like I had to push him because of his stats but after the fifth time or so I got tired of him. Now I can bring ZEN back to what it's all about: Goofy nonsense.

If he's not in ZEN, where the heck is he?

• Like 1

Simmed a few times and what happens in Oceania is fairly consistent.  RAW raids APW getting SubUrban Legend  and Dazzler go first week or so and normally a few others go in the first 3 months.  This normally leads to raids on DIW and ZEN.  If you plan to play as ZEN its worth making backup plans as it seems like you often lose a couple of people

I gave Zen a whirl. Since the rudos outnumber the tecnicos, I did some hirings. Dee Lucketi turned out to be good, as he has great tag chemistry with Celestina Cherish. The rest of the unemployed Australian free agents didn't wow me (though I may come back to some). So, I looked up who around the world was a Noted Comedy Match Worker with the intent to use the Talk To Worker feature. Signed Joanna Silver, because I will always find an excuse to hire her, and, let's see, who else is available and OH MY GOD MEXICO HAS A WRESTLING CHICKEN MAN I AM ABSOLUTELY SIGNING HIM.

• Haha 1

I wonder if El Gallo Furioso was inspired by the Rockverse character or if it just happens that two chicken based Luchadores evolved separately.

Either way though given ZEN is NZ based if you do hire them then the Headless Chickens track "Donde Est De Pollo" is a mandatory requirement as entrance music.

Hopefully they dont suffer the fate the other guy did in Chi-Town

• Haha 1

I was really lost at the beginning, used to much to the status quo of 2020, and I wasn't really happy with my first attempt. Then I just focused on The Malothian and his finisher, tried again, and now I can't wait this weekend to keep using him as Karrg's plot armor and just add new effects to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to mainly play as NYCW on the previous version, but I wanted to try something different to start out IX. I kinda love that I can make my stories a bit more ridiculous in this company:

I just had my first season finale event where I wrapped up my "Trials of Pumpkin Jack" storyline. I had the Alien Armada wipe the floor with FEAR on the first event of the year, after which Black Flash debuted as a time traveller from a future where the Armada ruled the world. Jack would have to reluctantly train with ZERO to acquire the skills he would need to overcome Karrg. At Way of the Warrior Jack would beat Karrg, despite not fully having completed his training. This is followed by the re-debut of Azazel who reveals that he was banished to a different dimension by Karrg, but that he managed to escape now that Karrg is defeated and that he will have his revenge on everyone in ZEN.

The alternate dimension will be the world of EMLL, who I am currently in an alliance with. My next event will be an inter-company show called "Way of the Dark Universe."

---

In the Conceptual Title picture I debuted Banky Bremner under a golden mask and named him Husk. His backstory is that the Conceptual title used to be a regular championship belt, from which all physical form was taken away until only the spirit of the title was left. From those physical remnants this luchador was born and he has only one goal: To be whole again. Husk would go on to beat Deathwatch Beetle for the title, and body and soul were made once again. This also means that the next person to defeat Husk for the title will also win Husk himself.

Edited by Jerrijn89
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 12:04 AM, Pteroid said:

Have Mister Hyde win the Conceptual title so he can do the ‘Hit ‘em with the belt’ spot but with a whole human man instead

this is the exact reason I love ZEN as a promotion, I remember a diary where someones champion won with Conceptual title belt shots with everyone selling it like an actual belt to the head, till they ran into someone who didn't and just hit their finisher to win...

Theres a character in one of the expansion packs (Historians Women) called Jackie the Ripper ... I am so going to make her Jacqueline Hyde and have her be Mr. Hydes undead sister who he manages to bring back from the veil of death after she died back in Victorian England.  It explains the whole why the Ghost Hunters team is called the Ghost Hunters and that Hyde is in fact the same Hyde from the old novel.   

image.gif.6c794d9a5f579d9e73ea01fc0be0ad09.gifimage.jpeg.cf6ff4b94cbaa01723ecdb87bca66c86.jpeg image.jpeg.ce5b020c1be590f6aede65cd4aa15cf6.jpeg

Of course what could possibly go wrong with bringing back the ghost of a psychopath who terrorised London more than a century ago ?  Who is she going to murde ... sorry banish first?     

Oh who am I kidding with the mystery ...  she is banishing Strange as soon as humanly possible.  

You can only really do this stuff in ZEN ... or maybe EMLL ... just go totally bugnuts crazy