Thread for typos and other minor errors

To avoid filling up the forum unnecessarily, please use this thread to report typos and other small mistakes (either in the game itself or the default data).

IMPORTANT Please note that to keep the thread organised, posts will be removed once addressed. The updated CornellVerse can be found in the Resources thread in the main TEW IX forum, along with a change log. Typos within the game are included in each patch.

• Adam Ryland changed the title to Owner Goal typo/miscalculation [fixed in next patch]
  • Kingster changed the title to Alliance loan with worker who is leaving
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SmartMark15 said:

I've found that despite turning the overuse penalties and warnings off on my in-game settings, the warnings still pop up and I think the penalties still apply when running too. image.thumb.png.15b525fd150e3a8c58b83cb9923ba990.png

image.thumb.png.ba1e957f46124f050820c1ec42dce77c.png

That's not an error, you're just confusing two different terms.

The message you're receiving in the second screen shot is regarding repetitive booking. That is correctly appearing as you have this enabled - it's the third check box down on the left hand side in your first screen shot, which you can see is ticked.

Overuse penalties, which you have disabled, refer to using a worker too much on a single show - like giving an Unknown worker an hour's worth of screen time. That's got nothing to do with using the same match multiple times.

Note that section 36 of the handbook explains what all the terms mean.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but while looking through my game world I noticed that Marv Statler got injured in  match with PGHW in September of 2022, he returned in March of 2023 for one match and was injured again, I know that's not a bug, but PGHW has not used Dean Waldorff in any matches without Statler so basically a guy under an exclusive written contract has had 1 match in a year because his partners injured. That just seems off to me i know that they are set as a permanent team but it seems odd PGHW wouldn't use him at all.

Hey, this shouldn't still be happening; I just got an e-mail, in game, saying a bid ended, when I outbid them the previous day, as well as an e-mail saying they updated their bid, meaning the person signed with them on the same day the offer came in, which is unfair for the player since we can't have that happen ourselves. Pictures attached show both e-mails, both sent on the same day. Playing on 1.19, I thought this was fixed in a previous patch, which is why I'm so confused by this.

Rudy.thumb.png.68892818e8e5dafa3c3addb595a6daf5.png

Rudy2.thumb.png.1af4bb967f78a87d96d452ac62b59a7b.png

Edited by Spoons

17 hours ago, smmccallum said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but while looking through my game world I noticed that Marv Statler got injured in  match with PGHW in September of 2022, he returned in March of 2023 for one match and was injured again, I know that's not a bug, but PGHW has not used Dean Waldorff in any matches without Statler so basically a guy under an exclusive written contract has had 1 match in a year because his partners injured. That just seems off to me i know that they are set as a permanent team but it seems odd PGHW wouldn't use him at all.

That's the nature of permanent teams, they either work together or not at all. I'll alter it so that if a partner is out for more than 60 days then the remaining partner can be legally used solo, but I'm not keen on doing anything further than that as otherwise you'll get odd-looking behaviour.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Hey, this shouldn't still be happening; I just got an e-mail, in game, saying a bid ended, when I outbid them the previous day, as well as an e-mail saying they updated their bid, meaning the person signed with them on the same day the offer came in, which is unfair for the player since we can't have that happen ourselves. Pictures attached show both e-mails, both sent on the same day. Playing on 1.19, I thought this was fixed in a previous patch, which is why I'm so confused by this.

To recap: all negotiations have an end point at which point the worker must make a decision; this is required, otherwise they could potentially go on for ever. As the AI's turn happens after the player's, they would always have the ability to get a final offer in - if that happens to be on the day the negotiations must end, the player won't get a chance to respond. No, it's not fair on the player, but it wouldn't be fair on the AI if it was the other way around, and obviously someone has to go last.

1 minute ago, Adam Ryland said:

To recap: all negotiations have an end point at which point the worker must make a decision; this is required, otherwise they could potentially go on for ever. As the AI's turn happens after the player's, they would always have the ability to get a final offer in - if that happens to be on the day the negotiations must end, the player won't get a chance to respond. No, it's not fair on the player, but it wouldn't be fair on the AI if it was the other way around, and obviously someone has to go last.

Fair enough!

I also realize, I had enough offers that I might not have gotten to that one, it didn't occur to me that the "rival bid update" could come from someone ELSE having made the counter-bid. Whoops.