42 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

By the way Iassume AUKLAND RAIDER is illiterate because he cant even spell the name of the City he lives in Auckland.  Admittedly my spelling is atrocious.  I always fought the Raiders are more Manukau anyway!!!

It’s a pun on Oakland

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pteroid said:

It’s a pun on Oakland

I know what it's a pun of - the thing is it's spelled wrong.   The City is Auckland.  It still works if it's spelled right so in my head canon it's because he cant read.  Somehow it makes it funnier to me.

Oh my other joking reference is that if it was reflecting the US then it would be the Auckland 49ers and the Manukau Raiders.  Manukau is a city that sort of ended up merging with Auckland like Oakland and San Francisco have sort of done. Like Oakland Manukau is a lot less white than Auckland - with a lot of Maori & Islanders much like Oakland only has about 25% white population. Obviously it doesn't work as a pun but it's a reference New Zealanders might understand.

THREE-WAY TAG TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH
KARRG & DEATHWATCH BEETLE VS CYANIDE & VORTEX VS PINK SPIDER & HALLOWARPED

At some point FEAR need to win a big one or they'll lose all credibility

BANISHMENT BATTLE
CRIME BUSTER & KILLER  B VS THE GHOST HUNTERS

Tecnicos should win more, plus The Ghost Hunters are pains in the neck

THREE-WAY SHOWCASE
CELESTINA CHERISH VS THE MALOTHIAN VS BLACK FLASH

The Malothian remains an epic-level buzzkill whilst Cherish is wildly entertaining

REKHA VS LONE SHARK

I always struggle to keep both Skullduggery and Alien Armada strong and end up splitting one of them up. In any case, Lone Shark needs to be kept strong here

HALLOWEEN KNIGHT VS PUMPKIN JACK

I'm hoping this doesn't lead to a rudo turn, FEAR feel a bit weak as it is.

HEZ JENDELL VS ZERO

I didn't really get why Hez didn't join forces with FEAR but I still see them as a top guy.

AUKLAND RAIDER VS SHAOLIN

Coin-Toss here, really

On 8/9/2024 at 11:12 AM, Pteroid said:

1! 2! Malothian reversed it into a pin of his own! 1! 2! Another reversal! 1! 2! Another! 1! 2! This match -much like Valve Software- just can't make it to 3 (gottem)!

This bit killed me. It's all excellent writing, but this came out of nowhere and really hit the slam dunk. Bravo.

Very much enjoying the diary and hope you keep it going for as long as possible. Also nice to see ZEN do shows with 800+ people, I still remember the days they'd struggle to sell out a 300 venue.

• Like 1

BANISHMENT BATTLE

THREE-WAY SHOWCASE

REKHA VS LONE SHARK

HEZ JENDELL VS ZERO

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This bit killed me. It's all excellent writing, but this came out of nowhere and really hit the slam dunk. Bravo.

Very much enjoying the diary and hope you keep it going for as long as possible. Also nice to see ZEN do shows with 800+ people, I still remember the days they'd struggle to sell out a 300 venue.

The power of very cheap tickets

Edited by Pteroid
  • Like 2

ZEN PRESENTS: WAY OF THE PHILOSOPHER

With the Alien Armada having been so dominant it would be nice to send the fans home happy.

BANISHMENT BATTLE

This ones tough because I could see a storyline banishment for the Tecnicos since you already teased Crime Buster leaving and while Killer B is solid he is a bit plain by ZEN standards, so a banishment could be an excuse to repackage him. That being said the Ghost Hunters are pains backstage, and have gotten about as much screen time as Kane Wild & Bile so perhaps it's time for them to go join them on the indies.

THREE-WAY SHOWCASE

I'm very much enjoying Celestina Cherish's clownprentice storyline, but I don't think she's quite ready to go toe to toe with the Malothian. I just hope she and C-W-A can avoid being mind controlled, he's only two days (and several years) away from clowntirement.

REKHA VS LONE SHARK

I feel like this may be a DQ win for Sharky.

Tough one here, but I'll take Jack since Halloween Knight has mostly taken a step back from the top spot, though I really have no idea on this one.

HEZ JENDELL VS ZERO

Zero is way more established, but Hez has a lot more going on so I'll go for the upset.

I like Shaolin, but I'm not sure if you plan to have him stick around long term or if he's just here to wrestle a few matches and disappear again.

BANISHMENT BATTLE

THREE-WAY SHOWCASE

REKHA VS LONE SHARK

HEZ JENDELL VS ZERO

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg
LIVE ON WRESTLEWORLD OCEANIA FROM: THE RELIQUARY OF SCALE, AUKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
ATTENDANCE:

image.jpeg
"It's this way."

We fade in on a tranquil forest where Molly Cuddle is walking through the underbrush with a bleeping and/or blooping device in her hands.

image.jpeg
"Molly we're gonna be late for the show..."

Killer B wanders after her, hands in his pockets.

Killer B:
"I haven't seen hide nor hair of Buster and now you're taking us as far from the Reliquary as possible, you tryin' to get me banished?"

Molly:
"I'm trying to do just the opposite, actually. This won't take long. Almost...here!"

Before the two is the yawning maw of a dark dark cave, Molly fishes out a flashlight and tosses it to a skeptical looking B and begins walking in, looking over her shoulder to gesture for him to follow.

Molly:
"C'mon."

Molly leads the way into the cave, B shining the flashlight over her shoulder as she walks along.

Killer B:
"This place is...freaky..."

Molly:
"We won't be here long, I swear, we just need to get what we came for and that will be that."

B follows Molly deeper and deeper into the cave before abruptly stopping.

Molly:
"What is it?"

Killer B:
"Molly...did that thing get you?"

Molly:
"Huh?"

Killer B:
"The...the Malothian, did he get you?"

Molly:
"What? No, I've not been out of yours or Buster's sight for the whole time that guy's been around. Besides I may be a manager extraordinaire but I don't see how much that'd help an alien invasion."

Killer B:
"Ok, prove it, tell me what we're here for."

Molly rolls her eyes and points towards a nearby alcove.

Molly:
"It's over there. It's...a gift."

Killer B:
"From who?"

Molly sighs and looks to the side.

Molly:
"Before Vertigo...before Vertigo left, he got in contact with me. He told me he was picking up attempts to reenter earth's atmosphere from Karrg's UFO. He couldn't stay here, he told me as much but...he said that he'd had his eye on someone on the roster to take up his mantle of Sky King."

B blinks, slowly pointing at himself.

Killer B:
"Vertigo wanted me to take over for him? Why are you telling me now?"

Molly:
"He wanted me to wait until I was sure you were ready for the responsibility. I'm...I can't be sure you are but if you lose tonight everything Vertigo put in motion will be lost. So please, take it, and lets hope you can live up to the mantle."

B thinks it over a moment before walking towards where Molly had indicated, disappearing into the alcove...

Killer B:
"Whoa-this is...huh!"

Molly:
"What is it?"

Killer B:
"Uhhh...hold these?"

Molly blinks as a t-shirt and slacks come flying out of the alcove, shocked, she picks them up.

Molly:
"It's something you wear?"

Killer B:
"Yeah, it's a bodysuit like he used to wear, I'll show ya."

B steps out from the alcove.

image.png
"Well, what do ya think?"

Molly drops the shirt and slacks as she beholds Killer B standing in a sleek futuristic body suit, face now obscured by a mask in the shape of a fighter jet.

Molly:
"Well, I don't think we can keep calling you the 'Yellow and Black Attack' in that."

Killer B:
"The closet this thing was in had a label, 'Project Stratos'. I kinda like that name, Stratos."

Molly:
"Well then, let's make sure you stay employed, Stratos. Now all we gotta do is find Buster..."

Stratos:
"Agreed, let's get going."

The two move to exit the cave, manager and newly minted King of the Skies set to fight for his career on his first night out.

-----------------------

We cut back to The Reliquary of Scale's main hall where the ZEN Faithful are cheering and chanting for their favorites ahead of the show. Down at ringside we have our announce team:

image.jpeg
"WELCOME ZEN FAITHFUL TO ZEN: WAY OF THE PHILOSOPHER! I'm Sparky Sparks here tonight with Dustin Thane and Dustin what a show we have tonight!"

image.jpeg
"Yes indeed, Sparky, the next contenders for the Master and Conceptual Titles will be decided tonight -possibly by the champions themselves- as Karrg and Deathwatch Beetle take on Cyanide and Vortex of Skullduggery as well as HalloWarped and Pink Spider of F.E.A.R! But that's not the only high stakes tag bout to happen tonight as the unlikely duo of Crime Buster and...well I guess he goes by Stratos now will take on former ZEN Harmony champions The Ghost Hunters with a title match for the winners and banishment for the losers!"

Sparky:
"And that's not all, because we have-!"

"AH! HEM!"

Dustin:
"This jerk sitting next to us."

image.jpeg
"Boo hoo, cretin, boo hoo."

Indeed, Booster: Boy Genius is present at ringside in what appears to be a big glass box.

Booster:
"ZEN Faithful, I'm pleased as punch to be at ringside for -well not an invention but certainly something I've brought into being! The end of Aukland Raider!"

Sparky:
"Paying a bit of a dangerous game, aren't you, being this close to the guy you screwed over?"

Booster:
"Hardly, this thing's made out of the stuff that bubble in the popemobile's constructed out of, I'm perfectly safe so long as I'm sat right here. It only opens from the inside once it's locked."

Sparky:
"Goody. You're pretty confident Shaolin's going to win this."

Booster:
"Naturally, I've run all the simulations, Ninjas beat Gridiron Goons with a 99.99% regularity in USPW Ring Wars!"

Sparky:
"This is real life, not a video game!"

Dustin:
"Also Wrestling Vmpire is much more fun to play."

image.pngimage.pngimage.jpeg

Both competitors in this bout took a moment to address the exceedingly annoying elephant in the ringside area during their entrances, Shaolin looking confused while Raider kicked it a couple times while Booster taunted him. Finally convinced to enter the ring, Raider would move to take out his frustrations on the ninja with blitz tactics but Shaolin's speed and veteran instincts kept him a step ahead in the early goings. The tide would turn when Shaolin attempted his crane kick only to find Raider exhibiting some agility of his own by dropping down burpee style to dodge the kick and then rocketing forward with a big football tackle that sent Shaolin crashing to the mat! Raider would bounce off the ropes to bring even more pain with an elbow drop for a nearfall, Shaolin moving to roll out of the ring to catch his breath while Raider slid out the other side. Working the crowd into a 'Touchdown' chant, Raider went to charge around the ring going for another tackle-only to eat a Crane Kick that floored him!

As Booster cheered on from his bulletproof refuge, Shaolin managed to roll Raider back into the ring and climbed up to the top rope! With Raider struggling to get up, Shaolin began gesticulating a series of ancient ninja hand signs before leaping off the ropes for a devastating double chop to Raider's shoulders! Not even the shoulder pads of the gridiron goliath's uniform could stop his arms from his pressure points being targeted! As the big man stumbled and tried to make sense of his predicament, Shaolin blasted a series of kicks into his midsection before slamming a pump kick into his chest and sending him into the ropes where he-ducked a roundhouse kick from the martial artist and came back up with a headbutt to the chin that knocked the ninja flat! With his arms still slack, Raider went with a rather...novel way to try and regain feeling in one by ramming shoulder first into a corner again and again as Shaolin tried to stand back up! Once! Twice! Three times! Raider flexed his arm, seemingly back in control of it as Shaolin rushed in behind him-and into a big discus lariat with the functioning arm! Raider fell atop him for the pin and the win!

WINNER VIA PINFALL: AUCKLAND RAIDER

Booster:
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Sparky:
"A big win here tonight for Raider-"

Booster:
"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Dustin:
"Shaolin brought his best techniques to this but-"

Booster:
"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Sparky:
"WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY!"

Booster:
"MY PROJECTIONS ARE NEVER WRONG, THE PIGSKIN-CHUCKING CHUMP MUST HAVE CHEATED! CHECK HIS HELMET FOR CONTRABAND, REFEREE, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THAT HARD PLASTIC HELMET THAT MADE THE HEADBUTT HURT MORE!"

Shaolin shakes his head after rolling out of the ring and catches Booster's attention.

Booster:
"AND YOU! YOU NO GOOD NINJA, YOU THREW THAT FIGHT, I KNOW IT! EVERYONE KNOWS YOU NEVER USE CRANE STYLE AGAINST AMERICAN FOOTBALLERS, MANTIS STYLE IS SUPERIOR!"

Shaolin steps over to the booth, hands on hips. Booster smirks.

Booster:
"Ohhh are you angry? I'm so scared~! If that big lummox couldn't break in here-"

Shaolin starts making more hand signs. The lights suddenly go out. When they come back on, Booster is on the outside of the booth and Shaolin is inside it.

Booster:
"-then what chance do...you...have? Uhhhhhh..."

Raider immediately takes notice of this and begins to storm towards the now vulnerable Booster who begins banging on the glass of the booth.

Booster:
"Nonononono! You let me back in now! I'm sorry! Shao! Buddy! My ninja from another ginger! HELP MEEEEE!"

Raider manages to grab Booster on the shoulder as Shaolin snaps off more hand signs. The lights go out, when they come back, Booster has returned to the booth.

Booster:
"Oh thank gooooooooOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

But so is Raider. Shaolin waves on the other side of the glass.

Booster:
"LEMME OUT! LEMME OOOOOUT!"

Raider bashes Booster's face against the glass a few time and slams blows onto his back as Booster fumbles with the lock of the booth before bursting out with Raider hot on his tail. Shaolin attempts a high kick but Booster dodges and scrambles away, Shaolin's kick managing to only barely stop inches from Raider's face. The two turn to look as Booster leaps the barricade and flees into the crowd, then face one another. Raider extends a fist, Shaolin bumps knuckles with the big man and the two head to the back.

Sparky:
"Footballers and Ninjas in an alliance!? I never thought I'd see the day!"

Dustin:
"We should send Booster to the UN, he could cause world peace based solely on everyone ganging up on him."

Sparky:
"Well ZEN Faithful I doubt our next matchup is gonna have that level of camaraderie after the bell. Hez Jendell and ZERO have been at each other's throats since January and tonight they finally meet in the ring!"

Dustin:
"Jendell is on a mission to prove herself before she can reveal what she knows to F.E.A.R and ZERO has been trying to rid himself of her since they scrapped over who got to answer Cyanide's open challenge at Way of the Dreamer. In a way that move kind of led to the Ghost Hunters having their jobs on the line tonight so I bet they're grateful."

Sparky:
"It's do or die for the rookie from beyond the stars, can she face the might of a former ZEN Master!?"

HEZ JENDELL VS ZERO

Quite the grudge match for the young Jendell and her greatest challenge yet as she faced off with the lone wolf ZERO. The former Master went into the bout with a gameplan in mind as he focused on working over Hez's legs to ensure he was the only one in the match capable of bringing high-flying offense to bare. Hez, however, wasn't about to let herself be grounded for long and managed to reverse an early (and admittedly cocky) attempt at ZERO locking in Holding Out For A Zero and flew off the ropes with a springboard cutter that secured a surprising nearfall for the tecnica! With ZERO trying to regain momentum, Hez capitalized with a series of swift roll-ups that kept the veteran off-balance until the refugee from outer space caught the reeling ZERO with a poison rana that sent him flopping out of the ring as Hez tried to pounce on him for a pin. Dustin noted that had to be instinct for the former Master, honed through years of battles against the best ZEN had to offer.

As ZERO rose on the outside, Hez stepped onto the apron and got a running start for an attempt at a seated senton! However, ZERO lurched forward before Hez could launch off the apron for it and seized a leg, yanking it to cause her to fall back first on the apron! As Hez writhed in pain on the apron, ZERO pulled her off it and tossed her with an irish whip shoulder-first into the ring barricade! The rookie wouldn't have long to even process the pain of the move as ZERO charged in after and aimed a running boot to the other shoulder! With the fans booing his use of the ringside area to his advantage, ZERO would take it one step further by shoving Hez shoulder first into the nearby ringpost before seizing both arms and sliding into the ring to brace his feet against the post and pull with all his might! Sparky worried about a potential dislocation before Herbie H. Reedman finally managed to get a break from the veteran rudo, who played the crowd mockingly as the referee slid out of the ring to check on Jendell. She forcibly growled a positive to Reedman asking if she could continue, sliding into the ring and barely avoiding an attempted punt by ZERO to her more worked over shoulder the second she passed the ropes.

ZERO tried to regain his balance and fell victim to a quick roll up by Hez, who released midway through to disorient ZERO into rolling through onto his knees and nailed him with a swift kick to the head. Her opponent in a daze, Jendell let lose a flurry of leg-based offense from double stomps to shotgun leg drops, to a flurry of dropsaults and finally a drop toehold once ZERO was vertical again. However, the Expressionless Wonder wasn't about to take all of this lying down and countered an attempt at a flying headscissors into a sudden Fujiwara armbar that he threatened to transition into Holding Out For A Zero! As the fans waited with bated breath to see if the near career-ending Surfboard Bow and Arrow would be locked in, Hez managed to flip with the momentum of ZERO applying his knees to her spine and fell back into the ropes, bouncing back with a jumping DDT that she got so much air on it briefly looked like ZERO was delivering a vertical suplex to her!! With the fans going crazy, Jendell climbed to the top of the nearest turnbuckle and launched herself with the Cosmic Singularity Swandive Senton Bomb! Hooking a leg, she cradle pinned the former ZEN Master as Reedman dove in for the count!

1!

2!

3!!!

WINNER VIA PINFALL: HEZ JENDELL

As the fans cheer and chant her name, Jendell rises and raises her arms for them, seemingly for the first time actually acknowledging the audience and bowing graciously to them.

Sparky:
"Well Halloween Knight wanted her to gain the fans' trust and I think that's more than been done tonight!"

Dustin:
"What a way to prove yourself, ZERO put her through the wringer but she came out the other side with the win and you gotta think F.E.A.R is more than ready to find out what she kn-HEY WAIT NO!"

As Hez begins making her way to the back, ZERO chases after her and smashes an axehandle blow into her back! As Herbie Reedman tries ineffectually to get him to back off, ZERO lifts rookie up and lays her out with a massive high kick that causes her to crumple to the floor. The crowd boos vociferously as the vet storms to the back and staff members arrive to try and tend to the downed Jendell.

Dustin:
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

Sparky:
"That was beyond the pale even for ZERO, I wonder if...no, a puppet of Malothian couldn't hire mercenaries like the Ghost Hunters..."

Dustin:
"I don't know and I don't care, Hez Jendell was primed to finally give us that info and that soulless selfish bodysuit-wearing piece of garbage may have just screwed us out of that!"

Sparky:
"I can't say I disagree, we can only hope she recovers quickly, that kick looked brutal and honestly we have no clue what her species' physiology is like so finding a doctor may prove difficult..."

Dustin:
"We-yeah we got something happening backstage, can we cut to that I need a moment to think."

Backstage we find-

image.png
"I feel pretty, oh so pretty~"

Trevor Feather preening in front of a mirror, presumably not far from Skullduggery's locker room in the Reliquary.

Trevor:
"I feel pretty and witty and-"

image.jpeg
"HEY TREVVY!"

Trevor:
"EEK!"

Trevor jumps and somehow tries to hold out the feather boa he's modeling like a pair of nunchucks. Cyanide tilts his head before shaking it.

Cyanide:
"Ya see a mouse, what was that?"

Trevor:
"Uhhh sorry boss, I mistook you for...well one kind of rodent at least."

Cyanide:
"Oh good you've got them on the brain, excellent to hear. Listen, Trevv..."

Cyanide puts an arm around his gang member and regards the mirror in front of them.

Cyanide:
"You look in that mirror and tell me what you see?"

Trevor:
"I see........Skullduggery???"

Cyanide:
"That's a fine answer, a fine answer, but y'know what I see? I see a pair of KILLERS. Me with my general hatred of mankind, my lengthy Master title reigns, my deadly finisher and you...well...you're just...brimming...with potential. Stuffed and fluffed with potential to be a remorseless cold-blooded monster, like all peacocks."

Trevor:
"Peacocks are monsters?"

Cyanide:
"They're descended of dinosaurs, aren't they? Now listen, I for one can understand the urge to run away run away live to fight another day as much as the next guy, and I will admit Vortex saved your bacon at Dreamer. But here's the thing, we're being paid for a service here -do NOT ask me by who- to take care of lil Miss Chuckwood, got me? And we can't make an end of her if we don't stick around to do it."

Trevor:
"I...agree?"

Cyanide:
"Of course you do, of course you do! Now here's the deal, I need you to finish business with pigtails tonight because I've got another account in the works. We can't do that account if we're still tied up playing patty-cake with her. So do your job, do it well, or I'm gonna have to get someone else on the case here, got it?"

Trevor:
"Got it."

Cyanide:
"Atta boy! That's what I like to hear...by the way ya got a little something on your face riiiiight..."

Cyanide reaches out and flicks Trevor's reflection in the mirror.

Cyanide:
"There. Have fun out there, sport."

Cyanide walks away, leaving Trevor to ruminate on his words...and the phantom 'something' on his nose.

Dustin:
"Some words of wisdom getting imparted from the leader of Skullduggery."

Sparky
"More like threats if you ask me. Well from boss and servant to a battle of equals, we have a very special matchup for you next, a clash of former ZEN Masters and two of the best to ever hold the title."

Dustin:
"How Knight convinced Jack to leave his cell is beyond me but even as a friendly spar anyone who knows their ZEN knows that this is up there with Devilfish vs Necromancer as a defining ZEN battle!"

Sparky:
"One can only hope this battle also gives Knight some insight into what on earth the Malothian did to Jack, but it's time for the bout so let's get going!"

image.jpegimage.pngimage.jpeg

Jack opened the bout hesitant to go all out on his stablemate but an almost immediate attempt that the Pumpkin Patch getting locked in made it clear that while this was a spar, Knight was not above threatening an embarrassingly swift victory to force Jack to keep his head in the game. Speaking of Jack's head, it seemed to very much be ailing him as many were the times in the match that he stopped to clutch it, usually after giving Knight an uncharacteristically cheap punch or pulled off a particularly gnarly cut off to one of Knight's more agile moves. Something smelled rotten in Aukland and it wasn't just Blue Flea (wherever he went) forgetting to bathe again, especially when Jack broke out a Mafia Kick that almost got him a nearfall. Highly confused at how and why he pulled off a signature move of his nemesis, Jack couldn't capitalize further as Knight managed to recover enough to catch him with an inside cradle for a two count!

As both men stood, Knight kept up his momentum by unleashing a kick flurry to Jack midsection before finishing up with a rolling elbow that sent Jack stumbling into the ropes and right into a Japanese Arm Drag on the rebound! Jack stood and walked right into another! Then another! Then a non-Japanese Arm Drag (otherwise known as an arm drag) which Knight quickly turned into a seated arm back, then a non-seated armbar, then a triangle arm lock! His technical prowess on full display, Knight worked over the arm in the same way he had done with The Malothian, looking to gain a submission out of his fellow tecnico but...Jack refused to give up! With the fans behind him he tried again and again to break free but Knight refused to relinquish the hold without a tapout...

That's when Jack began tearing at his mask again, thrashing his head from side to side before-

Lifting Knight upwards with a strength comparable to when he'd brought Karrg up for the Orange Bowl, Jack managed to pop free of the hold while getting his stablemate on his shoulders! Sparky and Dustin questioned if Jack was going for a Conquest Bomb before Knight suddenly countered into a Hurricanrana!

1!

2!

Thr-

Jack suddenly reversed into a sunset flip!

1!

2!

3!

WINNER VIA PINFALL: PUMPKIN JACK

Sparky:
"A sudden end to the match but I'm just glad that neither man appears injured."

Dustin:
"Knight's hands-on approach to research almost bit him where the sun doesn't shine, hope it was worth it."

In the ring, Jack and Knight stand and face one another. There's a brief moment of tension but Knight extends a hand which Jack gladly takes-before collapsing onto his knees and holding his head. Knight quickly swoops in and helps Jack up and towards the locker room...

Sparky:
"The condition Jack's been put in is beyond bizarre, Knight's got an uphill battle in trying to figure out what's going on here."

Dustin:
"Thankfully the issue with our next pair of fighters is far less esoteric, Trevor Feather and Skullduggery are just a massive bunch of jerks!"

Sparky:
"Agreed, tonight Kalliope Woodchuck has him one on one once more and getting him out of the way means one less obstacle between her and Buckminster Snark."

Dustin:
"Let's hope for all our sakes Kalliope can overcome this fop and enter the fray."

image.pngimage.pngimage.png
KALLIOPE WOODCHUCK VS TREVOR FEATHER

Telling of the influence Cyanide's 'pep-talk' had on him, Trevor attempted to cut of Kalliope's entrance by waylaying her as soon as she slid into the ring, stomping at her back wildly before taking a moment to do his infuriating Peacock Strut taunt that he hasn't had the chance to do for a few events (no you forgot to write him doing it, you did). Eager to keep her from getting any form of momentum, Trevor took the match to the mat quickly with a series of torturous weardown holds that Dustin theorized Cyanide may have taught him himself. However, Trevor's natural (pea)cockiness got the better of him and he halted an attempt at a figure four leglock to try and do his strut with Kalli's leg in his grasp, only for her free boot to come up and deck him in the chin! With her opponent finally giving her some breathing room, Kalli busted through the opening that presented like the Kool-Aid Man, but it was the fans shouting 'Oh Yeah!' as she flattened Trevor with a Shotgun Dropkick!

As the fans rallied behind her, Kalli stayed on a roll by nailing a rising Trevor with a backdrop driver that sent him rolling back and onto his knees from the momentum, followed up by a shining wizard that wiped Trevor out. The follow up pin seemed poised to secure victory but a boot under the ropes forced a break and Kalli to roll off, stalking her opponent as he groggily stood with help from the ropes and turned right into a-Trevor poked her in the eye and booted her in the gut! Looking for a piledriver, Trevor soon found himself fighting a resistant Kalli's attempts to counter out of it, slamming a few axehandle blows into her back before getting tossed by a back body drop he proceeded to roll through! Slipping behind Kalli as she rose, Trevor tried to lock in the cobra clutch component of his Feather Ruffler finisher but as he lifted her for the slam, Kalli twisted and sent him flying! As both fighters stood once again, Trevor desperately tried to maintain control by charging at Kalliope and-GOT NAILED WITH A WOOD CHIPPER! Time stood still for a moment before...Trevor started doing the peacock strut...and promptly flopped flat on his face. Kalli rolled him over and got the pin for an emphatic victory.

WINNER VIA PINFALL: KALLIOPE WOODCHUCK

Sparky:
"Kalliope triumphs over the little punk at last!"

Dustin:
"No Vortex around to save his skin this time, this probably isn't going to go over well in the Skullduggery offices."

Sparky:
"Will Kalliope be able to get back on track with

We cut from a scene of victory to one of terror as we are brought inside the foreboding confines of Karrg's Mothership, packed from pillar to post with the sort of sci-fi paraphernalia that'd be right at home in the Reliquary all fogged up by some sort of misty internal cooling unit. Around a council table sits the motley court of the extraterrestrial conqueror, at its head is of course their leader:

image.png
"Gentlebeings I call this conclave of carnage to order! As you know tonight Deathwatch Beetle and I do battle with the dregs of this confounded league of lucha lunatics, and I have no doubts that he and I shall prove victorious over them all before seeing to a leisurely defense of our titles come Way of the Poet."

image.pngimage.png
Deathwatch Beetle looks up from where he's arm wrestling Laguna The Loyal, his muscular biceps not budging even as Laguna tries to use both hands.

Beetle:
"Crush Skullmen! Crush Warpman! Crush SPIDER!"

Beetle punctuates his assertions by slamming Laguna's arm to the table and eliciting a yelp of pain as he slips behind Man O'War.

Karrg:
"Very good, very good indeed. But I would be remiss in not noting a certain...lack in our lower ranks. Malothian!"

image.jpegimage.pngimage.jpeg
Ever ominous, the Malothian nods, flanked by Toady and Buckminster.

Karrg:
"Tonight you deal with a no-account cowboy and this Johnny-come-lately with his ridiculous mask. I trust you to deal with them both in easy fashion but...I cannot say I agree with your choices with the two mind-thralls you already have. This one-"

Karrg points at Buckminster.

Karrg:
"Remains nigh-comatose. While this one-"

Karrg points at Toady.

Karrg:
"Is hampered by his physiology, the berserk qualities you bestowed do not mesh well."

Malothian:
"........."

Karrg:
"...I see, I am all for waiting for the right choice but we are at war. That doesn't explain what we're to do with that drooling fool there."

Toady snaps his mouth at the air, eyes unfocused yet wild.

image.jpeg
"Pardon me, yer Insidiousness."

Man O'War, the great traitor of ZEN speaks up, elbowing Laguna behind him.

Karrg:
"Speak, oh loyal traitor."

Man O'War:
"Well it seems t'me that there may be room to...synergize yer ways of dealin' with things here, no? After all, ye have the means to de-brain folk as well as the means to make them's like our friend the Beetle here."

Manny points at Deathwatch who responds to a challenge to an arm wrestling rematch from Laguna by decking him.

Man O'War:
"Why not retool the body to match the mind, savvy?"

Karrg:
"Hrrrm...you may have a point, my briny brigadier, but we face a problem in that regard. The Metamorphological Manglofier I used to form Beetle as a super soldier was broken in our reentry to Earth through that vile Veritgo's orbital defenses. This proposal of yours requires a repairman we don't have among our ranks, lest you can find one."

Man O'War:
"Hrmm...well! There's always good 'ole fashioned pressgangin'! Oi!"

Manny grabs a reeling Laguna by the headfin and yanks him over.

Man O'War:
"Stop foolin' around, ye simperin' squib! We've a job to do!"

Laguna hisses but gets pulled along like a toddler offscreen as Karrg looks to Malothian.

Karrg:
"They should deal with that issue."

Malothian:
"........"

Karrg:
"No, the seed will not be planted in the Snark. Do not shirk your responsibilities, there are many options to choose from, understand me?"

Malothian nods.

Karrg:
"Good now go deal with those two and return to me a new soldier."

Malothian stands and walks away, Snark and Toady in tow...dy.

We cut back to the arena just in time for our next match!

REHKA w/LERONE SLIM & GURU VISHNI VS LONE SHARK

Lone Shark had helped to defeat Casual Violence before but with Devilfish on the shelf nursing his table-based wounds and Guru Vishni joining Casual Violence for this go around the deck was stacked against him higher than the moon. Still, with the fans behind him and the power of the seas he...still got the absolute crap knocked out of him in the early goings because Rekha was a terrifying brick house of a woman and her fists were harder than rocks. Still (2: Still Harder), Lone Shark didn't win the ZEN Master title twice by being a pushover and eventually he managed to duck a spinning back fist and hit a springboard shark fin brain chop for a surprise nearfall! With Rekha on the defensive, she found herself failing to get to grips with the slippery shark and soon found herself grounded again and again with attacks to her legs that eventually forced her to the outside to regroup with Lerone and Vishni. This came back to bite all involved as Lone Shark leapt to the top rope, walked upon said top rope, and then jumped off with a big crossbody to the assembled rudos below!

First to rise from the ensuing people puddle, Lone Shark got the crowd going with his shark fin taunt and went to roll Rekha back into the ring. Just after doing this, however, he found himself getting his ear talked off by Lerone Slim about how he's nothing without Devilfish. This distracted Shark long enough for Rekha to recover in the ring and nail the tecnico with a surprisingly swift baseball slide that sent him slamming into the ringside barricade. As Steven Yale admonished Lerone for getting involved, Rekha tossed Shark back into the ring and regained control in impressive fashion with a fast flurry of clubbing blows softening the former Master up for a spinning backfist and subsequent sit-out powerbomb for a brutal win for the resident powerhouse of Skullduggery.

WINNER VIA PINFALL: REKHA

Sparky:
"Lerone Slim out here quite possibly proving the difference maker."

Dustin:
"These two are former Harmony champs, Sparky, and they darn sure showed why that was tonight, I-wait Slim's got a mic?"

image.jpeg
"Well well welly well well, let's play a game, Devilfish! Ya got any Sharks?"

image.png
"Go fish."

Slim:
"Ya got any belts?"

Rekha:
"Go fish."

Slim:
"Hmmmmm...ya got any chance against the big mean powerbombin' mo-chine?"

Rekha:
"Go. Fish."

Slim:
"Yowch, ya got bad hand, Fishy-boy. Real bad hand. But we here at Skullduggery, we like to give people a fair shot. So here in this ring next month, at Way of the Poet, we're gonna give you the gateway to retirement you've desperately been lookin' for! You and Rekha, one on one! If you ain't a coward, come on down to the fish fry...we'll set ya a table!"

Slim and Rekha bump knuckles and Vishni claps them on the shoulders, leading them to the back while Lone Shark limply tries to recover and head for the locker room.

Sparky:
"Well there's the challenge laid out and if I know Devilfish he's not going to take this lying down."

Dustin:
"Let's hope the next time goes better for him, or he'll be taking it laid out."

Sparky:
"Well fans up next we have a special three-way showcase bout of some of our more recent newcomers to ZEN. Celestina Cherish has been learning a great deal from her newfound mentor, C-W-A, but can she get her first singles win of the year?"

Dustin:
"We'll also be seeing Black Flash trying to rebound from his failed attempt at a Conceptual Title win last month, as well as The Malothian out doing more 'recruiting' for the Armada. It's a dangerous prospect for anyone but maybe fortune favors the bold? Let's find out!"

THREE-WAY SHOWCASE MATCH
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.jpeg

For once the Malothian wasn't the only one coming into a match with back up as Celestina was accompanied by C-W-A as well as sporting a new look!

image.png
Thankfully the Cornellverse never had to deal with THAT meme. You know the one. Don't you dare reply with it.

Adopting more than a few unorthodox mannerisms to match her new look, the newly minted Pierrot Pirouetted her way down to the ring alongside her grump of a mentor who kept an eye on each of Malothian's brainwashed bodyguards and his hand on a bottle of seltzer in case of any unfunny business. Initial action saw the two tecnicos teaming up against the Malothian, including an early combination of drop toe holds into a stereo pair of kip-ups into a elbow drop to the small of the back paired with a legdrop to the back of the neck! This forced Malothian out of the ring and into the protective embrace of his henchmen leaving Flash and Celestina to start trading moves in the ring, where Celestina's enthusiasm and unorthodox stylings clashed with Flash's more experienced and straight-laced acrobatics. Of particular note of this exchange was Flash catching a kick from Celestina and proceeding to keep her at arms length as she threw lefts and rights at him before bending her back by said leg as she went for a squirt of water from her flower, the arc made the water sail out of the ring right onto the bald spot between the two red wings of C-W-A's hair. As the curmudgeonly clown shook his fist at the ring, Celestina was forced into a backflip by Flash, who ran the ropes and came back with a flying forearm that sent Celestina careening out of the ring and into the clutches of the Malothian and company!

Seeing the potential danger to his protege, C-W-A rushed over with his seltzer bottle held aloft and ended up in a brawl with the aliens along with Celly as Flash decided it was time to one-up Lone Shark from the last match and clear the ropes entirely for a big swanton onto everyone on the outside, flooring everyone and leaving the crowd whooping and cheering! Springing to his feet, Flash leapt onto the ringside barricade and ate up more adulation from the fans before hopping off and managing to pick the Malothian out of the tangle of bodies, going to toss him into the ring. With the alien reeling, Flash unleashed a kick flurry to his midsection before attempting a Code Red that-Malothian blocked into an Alabama Slam! With Flash on the mat, the voiceless vise-gripped villain began moving to work his arms with hold after torturous hold, Sparky assuming it was to ensure he couldn't attempt to block the Claw. Into all this stepped Celestina again, hands on her hips as she snuck up on Malothian utilizing a leg nelson on Flash. Producing a balloon out of her costume, she blew it up near to bursting its bright red latex shell, put it next to Malothian's head and-

POP!

Malothian was jarred off of Flash, who rolled out of the ring and away from the still recovering henchmen and C-W-A. As Malothian went to stand, he regarded Celestina evenly...who proceeded to point the finger of blame at Steven Yale, causing the referee to swat the clown's knee with his walking stick and admonish her for incriminating him. Celestina escalated the argument, threatening to take Yale to court over this! Clown Court! Court for Clowns! She was midway through asking Malothian to be a character witness with her arm around his shoulder before the alien finally got tired of these shenanigans and tried to catch her in a wristlock, which she countered out of by hopping onto the middle rope and tossing Malothian with a flying arm drag! As Malothian stood up, he found Celestina trying to make peace with Steven Yale by offering him a banana handed to her by C-W-A, the referee hesitant due to where it came from and not wanting to take bribes. Stepping up, Malothian seized Celestina by the hair and pulled her away from the referee, raising his hand high he called for his dreaded Claw even as Celestina struggled, in a swift motion his hand descended and-

HONK!

He tried again.

HONK!

Again.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

Time stood still as the Malothian had to reckon with the fact that Celestina Cherish had stumbled upon a counter to his Claw.

By wearing a rubber clown nose.

Celestina was the first to react, laughing with a sudden melodious guffaw. She was soon joined by Steven Yale, then C-W-A, and the audience as well. Even a returning Black Flash had to turn away, the tremble in his body making it clear how he was reacting. Very soon Malothian began to tremble as well, and a second first time occurrence happened:

The Malothian showed an emotion!

COMPLETE AND UTTER RAGE!

Stomping the mat like an angry toddler, Malothian changed tact to flooring Celestina with a short-arm clothesline and attempting to pounce on her for more punishment. Sensing that things had escalated to a dangerous level, C-W-A yanked Celestina out of the ring as Malothian clawed through the ropes at them like a wild animal! Seeing an opportunity, Black Flash attempted a waistlock but as soon as his hands made contact, Malothian whipped around and dug into his mask with the Claw! Flash thrashed around furiously, flailing and struggling...before finally falling to the mat, his body going limp before tapping out his surrender in a short and steady rhythm. Yale called for the bell as C-W-A fled to the back with Celestina to avoid a 4-on-2, his protege still pointing and laughing even in defeat.

WINNER VIA SUBMISSION: THE MALOTHIAN

Sparky:
"Completely unexpected developments here to be sure! Celestina Cherish just revealed to the world a counter to the Malothian Claw!"

Dustin:
"Yeah just wear a clown nose, I'm sure Jack and HalloWarped are gonna get right on that. More pressingly Black Flash just got got by the Malothian!"

Sparky:
"An enraged Malothian at that, I don't think we've ever seen him break his cold calculating facade like that before..."

Dustin:
"Frankly it seemed to work out for him, even if I think we just saw someone restart the Clown Wars."

Sparky:
"This time we're rooting for the clown? Strange times..."

Backstage we see a duo from earlier in the show arrive at their locker room:

image.pngimage.jpeg
Stratos and Molly Cuddle are here, the former Killer B looks anxious as he goes to enter.

Stratos:
"Come on, Buster..."

Stratos opens the door to find...nobody.

Stratos:
"...crud..."

"IS THAT YOU, CITIZEN B?!"

A booming voice comes from behind a changing screen nearby.

Stratos:
"Oh thank goodness, I'm glad to see you showed up, Buster."

Buster:
"Yes indeed, my friend, but I'm afraid...I'm not as you knew me."

Molly:
"Do what?"

Buster:
"Yes...you see when I left to find myself, I found myself traveling to the farthest reaches of dear New Zealand in search of place I was raised, the Prime Precinct."

Stratos and Molly look at one another, mouthing 'The Prime Precinct?' to each other as Buster continues and we cut to a flashback to see-

image.png
Crime Buster walking through the forests of New Zealand, a pack on his back as he walks through the lush greenery, eventually coming across a clearing. Here a bizarre matte painting of a building stands, somewhere between a long overgrown temple and a stereotypical police station. 

Buster, Narrating:
"It had been years since I'd last set foot there, the day my training was complete and I'd set out into the world to eventually find ZEN."

Exhaling, Crime Buster stalks towards the camera until we cut to a doorway guarded by a pair of beat cops wielding night sticks elongated to almost spear-like proportions. They cross their weapons as Buster approaches and address him.

Guard #1:
"Halt, who goes there!?"

Guard #2:
"Hands behind the ground!"

Buster:
"Peace, my brothers, it me, Crime Buster."

Guard #1:
"Little Buster?"

Guard #2:
"It's been years! How can we know if you are truly who you say?"

Buster:
"You can't, that's why I will solve the riddles of the Prime Precinct to enter!"

Guard #1:
"Hm, very well. We shall speak the riddles! Number 1: What does it mean when a policeman ceases to curse?"

Buster:
"It means he's had his tongue cut out."

Guard #2:
"What does one call a policeman who does not drink?"

Buster:
"A corpse."

Guard #1:
"And finally, two women come before you with a baby. Each claims to be its true mother and that the other is lying. What do you do?"

Buster:
"I mean a DNA test would probably just-"

Guard #2:
"Grrrr..."

Buster:
"I mean threaten to cut it in half and choose whichever one is most upset by that!"

Molly, Voiceover:
"Buster...what on earth was that?"

Buster, Narrating:
"Look they haven't updated the riddles since like the nineteen-twenties."

The Guards unlock their nightsticks and bow.

Guard #1:
"Welcome back, little brother."

Guard #2:
"To what do we owe your visit?"

Buster:
"I seek an audience with...Da Chief."

Both Guards:
"DA CHIEF!?"

Buster:
"Da Chief."

Guard #1:
"Very well, right this way..."

Buster is lead through the Prime Precinct by the guard, passing crowds of policemen doing police things. Like telling people to zoom and enhance and practicing quippy one-liners about murder victims. They walk up a set of stairs to a big set of double doors labeled 'DA CHIEF', Buster's guide turns to face him.

Guard #1:
"I cannot join you beyond this door, pray you find Da Chief in a good mood."

The doors slowly open with a sound of grinding stone and Buster enters the shadows beyond...which immediately come on to reveal your stereotypical cop show police chief office. At a desk opposite him is...

image.jpeg
"Buster, you're back."

Buster, Narrating:
"Da Chief was the best of us, the man had raised me from a little copling to the policeMAN I grew up to be, I owed him everything, but I had come before him as nothing."

Buster:
"Chief."

Da Chief:
"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Buster:
"Chief I...I don't know if I'm cut out for this life anymore. I know you raised me to bust perps and hold stakeouts with the best of 'em but this place...this ZEN, it's gettin' to me. Bad. I can't do what I do there and expect to succeed...I...I don't think I was born to be a policeman."

Da Chief sighs, standing from his chair and looking out a window.

Da Chief:
"Buster...you're right."

Buster:
"Wh-what?"

Da Chief pulls out a pocket watch and examines it.

Da Chief:
"Well I'll be, right down to the second, huh? Alright...time for the truth."

Da Chief turns to Buster and takes off his glasses, polishing them before putting them back on.

Da Chief:
"Buster, for the longest time I've raised you to solve mysteries but the truth is...you came to us as the biggest mystery I'd ever seen."

Buster:
"What?"

Da Chief walks over to his desk and retrieves a file, he slides it onto the desk, reports and photos spilling out, all of Booster living his life under the tutelage of the police cops, every photo showing him in his mask and various forms of police apparel...except for one:

A picture of a masked infant in a crib...with a mortarboard cap on his head.

Buster steps back, aghast.

Buster:
"What...what could this mean?"

Da Chief:
"That's not all. When you were dropped off at our doorstep there was a letter attached to the basket you arrived in. There were so many strange details about it, how it asked us 'Order of Warriors' to raise you, how it noted the exact date and time you'd arrive back here to speak with me...and weirdest of all..."

Buster:
"Yes?"

Da Chief:
"They spelled Aukland 'Auckland', with an extra unnecessary C."

Buster:
"Bizarre...but what could it all mean?"

Da Chief:
"Well...the letter said that when you arrived I was to give you what came along in the basket. A symbol of your true parentage, of those that brought you here. I think they wanted you to take this new path when your resolve faltered. A path of enlightenment, of the pursuit and free giving of knowledge."

Da Chief holds up something but the camera cuts to Buster, reacting to it.

Buster:
"Chief I don't know if I can-"

Da Chief:
"Take it, son, take it an go back to this ZEN place. Maybe this new direction the letter speaks of can help you crack this case that our ways couldn't."

Buster:
"Chief...thank you."

Da Chief:
"Don't thank me, just get out there and give those nasty perps what for."

The camera flashes back to the locker room with Stratos and Molly looking completely confused by these revelations.

Buster:
"It was then that I knew that I couldn't give up! That my fight wasn't just with the the Armada, wasn't just with the rudos of the world! No, my fight was against the powers of ignorance! I was born to fight in the name of knowledge and education, to use my sleuthing skills to suss out the great mysteries of life itself! My friends I no longer answer to the name of Crime Buster...for I am..."

Buster kicks down the changing screen to reveal:

image.png
"BRAAAAAAAAINNNN BUSTERRRRRR! CHAMPION OF EDUCATION! LORD OF-oh hey you got a new outfit too, neat!"

Stratos:
"Yeah I go by Stratos now...why are you covered in letters?"

Buster:
"Education starts with the ABC's, friend Stratos! In fact between my brains and your agility, I think that...hahah....THE SKY'S THE LIMIT! Eh? Ehhhh?"

Stratos:
"Suuuuuure."

Molly elbows Stratos in the ribs.

Stratos:
"I mean, yes, certain, of course, affirmative!"

Buster:
"MOST EXCELLENT! NOW THEN! LET'S GIVE THOSE SUPERNATURAL BULLIES WHATFOR!"

Buster marches out of he room with big extravagant steps as Stratos scratches his head.

Molly:
"Well. At least he's enthusiastic again."

The two follow after.

Sparky:
"...what in the-?"

Dustin:
"Hey if it means he's not gonna be a sad sack I'll take it. Hope those letters don't fall off..."

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
THE GHOST HUNTERS VS 'SKY'S THE LIMIT' w/ MOLLY CUDDLE

It'd be a bit of an understatement to say that the Ghost Hunters were not expecting a single new look for their opponents going into the match, let alone two. The early goings had them utterly blitzed as Stratos and Brain Buster's chemistry seemed to only grow from their first couple of matches, with Molly on the outside to strategize and help them both. Of particular note was Buster giving Stratos a boost so that he could leap directly to the top rope and then over his partner onto both Ghost Hunters with a picture perfect tornillo! Herbie H. Reedman finally managed to get some order back into the match which allowed Hyde to waylay Stratos with a big boot as Strange protested being led to his corner.

Finally able to get control of the tempo of the match, Hyde and Strange did their best to grind Stratos down to where they could defeat the wouldbe Sky King and secure their continued employment. Weardown holds and power moves along with the dirty tricks that defined the rudo trade kept Stratos isolated but Brain Buster didn't rise to the bait, thinking better of distracting the ref and putting his faith in his partner as Molly Cuddle worked to rally the crowd. Getting cocky with their approach, Strange tossed B into the ropes and stood ready to capitalize as Mister Hyde prepped a pop-up powerbomb-only Stratos got far more air on it than expected and came down with a double stomp (or dropkick depending on your point of view) to the chest that flattened the biggest wrestler in ZEN! As Hyde writhed on the mat, Strange dove to stop Stratos from tagging in Brain Buster but was forced to reverse gears as their hands slapped together!

Brain Buster came into the match like a house of fire, helping the fans learn their ABC's! A was for Axehandle to Strange, B was for Big Boot to a rising Hyde's noggin, C was for Chop, D was for Dropkick, and E was for Exploder all to Bruce Strange! The fans were losing it with a 'We Love Learning!' chant as Buster moved to show Strange that F was for Fallaway Slam but Hyde interrupted to demonstrate that G was for Giant jerk getting in the way by smashing a headbutt into the back of Buster's dome! Trying to regain their composure, Hyde barked orders at Strange to hold Buster steady as he went to bounce off the ropes...directly into the ropes held down by Stratos that sent him tumbling out of the ring! Strange was distracted by this, allowing Buster to break free and nail a kick to the belly as Stratos entered the ring, the bigger tecnico tossed Strange into the ropes and met him with a spinebuster as Stratos slipped in behind to meet the falling body of Strange with a back cracker! Stratos worked to keep Hyde from returning as Buster pounced on their fallen foe to secure the pin, their futures in ZEN, and a Harmony Title match! Strange and Hyde are left to limp away from the ring and ZEN altogether as the victors celebrate, joined by Molly.

WINNERS VIA PINFALL: SKY'S THE LIMIT!

Sparky:
"A new beginning and a tragic end here tonight as we say goodbye to the Ghost Hunters!"

Dustin:
"Tragic? We never have to hear from Bruce Strange and Hyde again!""

Sparky:
"I was being nice I-"

Bruce Strange lurches over the commentary table and grabs a microphone, growling into it.

Strange:
"Laugh while you can, you idiots, you just signed your death warrants! We were the bulwark, the only thing keeping this place safe from the things that bumped in the night, because we made them bump on the mat! You'll come crawling back to us in time, I know it, Hyde knows it, and you'll know it soon enough!"

Strange storms off after Hyde to the back.

Sparky:
"...ok yeah no I'm glad he's leaving, what a jerk. Well, Zen Faithful, we've one more match for you tonight and it's a doozy."

Dustin:
"I guess Karrg didn't get his fill of three-ways after last month because we're running it back with an extra three fellas along for the ride and title matches to follow! F.E.A.R have put forward Pink Spider and HalloWarped to represent them and Skullduggery's Cyanide and Vortex are keen to secure shots for themselves. But will Karrg and Deathwatch Beetle come out on top and name their own challengers for next month?"

Sparky:
"No other way to learn than head on down to ringside!"

WHOEVER SCORES THE WINNING FALL GETS A MASTER TITLE MATCH WITH A STIPULATION OF THEIR CHOICE

image.jpegimage.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.jpegimage.png
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
PINK SPIDER & HALLOWARPED VS KARRG THE INSIDIOUS & DEATHWATCH BEETLE VS CYANIDE & VORTEX

At Karrg's insistence Skullduggery and F.E.A.R each chose a representative to start the match and so we began with HalloWarped facing off with Vortex, the two agile luchadors trading grapples and strikes with the swift athleticism that the fans had come to know them for. However, as Warped began to pull ahead in the acrobatics game, Vortex pulled a dirty move by raking across his eyes and trapping him in his team's corner for Cyanide to tag in and begin bringing the pain to the only non-former Master member of the F.E.A.R Quartet. Cyanide would brutalize Warped with help from Vortex, mercilessly working the head to soften him up for the Skull Splitter while occasionally backing off to argue with Steven Yale while Vortex choked the tecnico out with the tag rope! Finally going for a little variety, Cyanide pulled HalloWarped out of the corner and kicked out a leg, looking for a shining Wizard when-

Karrg slapped him on the back and tagged himself in, interrupting Cyanide's momentum entirely and prompting an argument between the two before Karrrg attempted to finish off Warped with his Mafia Kick-only for Warped to catch him with a schoolboy roll up for a nearfall! As Karrg sprang up, disoriented by the sudden move, Warped swept his legs and dove to bring in Spider who almost immediately attempted to apply the Web of Destruction on the champ before he managed to slip free and tag in Beetle. The two invertebrate-themed fighters squared off, circling one another before locking up in the center of the ring, Beetle's strength forcing Spider back into the ropes until the more experienced luchador slipped behind his brawny foe and forced him into the ropes before catching him in an O'Connor Roll-not noticing that Vortex had slapped Beetle's shoulder mere seconds before the roll was pulled off and quickly eating a superkick moments into registering that Steven Yale wasn't counting. Vortex moved to pick up Pink, taking a moment to point threateningly at Karrg for some reason before going for his swinging DDT which Spider shoved him out of, sending him stumbling and twirling into a waiting punch to the face from Karrg that technically constituted a tag.

Grabbing the dazed Vortex by the nape of his neck, Karrg bieled him directly into Spider and sent both men to the mat. Beating his chest, Karrg advanced in and retrieved legal man Spider from the tangle of limbs. Keeping him pacified with a headbutt, Karrg would hold out Spider's hand just out of reach of his tag partner, taunting Warped with his signature cackle before throwing him into the ropes and catching him on one shoulder and spinning five times before smashing him down with a backbreaker! Keeping the man he defeated for the Master title over his knee, Karrg worked him over tortuously until he suddenly felt the smash of a kick to the back of his head by Vortex before Cyanide pulled his younger stablemate back to the apron and admonished him for getting involved before Karrg stormed over and 'tagged out' the same way he tagged in, incidentally catapulting Cyanide off the apron and into the nearest barricade. Karrg -joined by Beetle- dragged Vortex back into the ring and began a two-on-one beatdown on the junior member of Skullduggery as his teammate tried to recover on the outside. Vortex would seem to make a comeback clobbering both aliens with punches before going to run the ropes only to get cut off with a Mafia Kick followed by Karrg tossing the almost KO'd Vortex into Beetle who nailed him with a Death Valley Driver.

The two champions posed in the middle of the ring, not noticing as Pink Spider and Cyanide snuck in behind them and shared a nod and dropkicked both of them in the back, sending them bouncing off the ropes and into a flying headscissors from Spider for Beetle and a big belly to belly for Karrg that sent both men tumbling out of the ring. Getting a rhythmic clap going with the crowd, Spider would go to get a running start for a dive out to Karrg and Beetle but was cut off by Cyanide attempting a cheeky roll up pin!

1!

2!

Spider rolled back and out of the hold, going to go for his own Oklahoma Roll pin for another two count as Cyanide countered into a Crucifix pin for-HalloWarped reached out and tapped Spider's boot, diving into the ring and slapping the mat three times! Cyanide rose up, leaping and punching the air with excitement only to be informed by Steven Yale of his mistake, just in time for Warped to hook him into a setup for a backslide and Spider to superkick him for momentum into a backslide driver! Pin!

1!

2!

3!

SKULLDUGGERY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED

F.E.A.R have little time to celebrate before the Armada reentered the ring, both teams facing off as Karrg pointed at the two tecnicos and dragged his thumb across his throat. Steven Yale stepped forward to try and force the teams to abide by the legal man rule but it's only seconds before the aliens attempt to waylay Warped and Spider and find themselves dodged and hit with stereo kicks to the belly and shiranuis from opposite corners! Warped and Spider pinned both their opponents at the same time but a kickout at 2.9 saved us from trying to figure out the logistics of THAT possibility. As Warped and Spider went to stand, their opponents seized them by the waistbands of their tights and pulled them into a noggin-knock that sent them stumbling back, giving the Armada time to recover and stand in time to punish an attempted charge from both men by catching them as they attempted a pair of crossbodies! As the tecnicos struggled, their captors turned around and smashed them back to back before tossing them in a pair of fallaway slams, rising to mock the booing crowd before Beetle picked up HalloWarped and offered the protege of Halloween Knight to his master.

Karrg, delighted to punish someone related to Knight, immediately yanked Warped's head between his legs and set up for the Conquest Bomb, managing to lift Warped up onto his shoulders before Pink Spider leapt in with a chop block that sent Karrg down to the mat with Warped on top in a pseudo-seated senton! Steven Yale, knowing this is the closest he was going to get to assigning a legal man for the aliens here, slapped the mat twice before Beetle shunted Warped off his master in a panic! Turning his attention to a rising Spider, Beetle beatled onto Spider's back with clubbing blows before trying to lift him overhead, only for Spider to slip behind and suddenly lock in the Web of Destruction! Beetle thrashed and writhed in the Octopus Stretch, desperate to find a way out as Spider wrenched on the hold with all his might! With neither man being legal it was entirely possible Spider could've kept him in the hold until something snapped but Beetle suddenly found himself saved as Karrg BLASTED Spider with the Mafia Kick! As Spider crumpled to the mat, Karrg wrenched him away as Beetle flopped out of the ring in agony, hoisting Spider up high and SMASHING him to the mat with a Conquest Bomb!

Karrg rose over the destroyed tecnico, roaring out a triumphant:

"KYAAAAAAA-HAK-HAK-HA-HUH!?"

The white streak that ran past him must have been like a blur. Instinctively, Karrg twisted to follow what had just gone by at seeming light speed.

RIGHT INTO THE WARP FACTOR FIVE!

Now Karrg was the one to crumple to the mat as knee met chin and left him seemingly unconscious as Warped fell atop him, the fans looking on with their hearts in their throats as Steven Yale made the count!

1!

2!

BEETLE POUNCED INTO THE RING-

3!

WINNERS VIA PINFALL: HALLOWARPED AND PINK SPIDER!
HALLOWARPED WINS A MASTER TITLE MATCH WITH HIS CHOICE OF STIPULATION!
PINK SPIDER WINS A CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH!

Sparky:
"HALLOWARPED PINS KARRG! HALLOWARPED PINS KARRG! THE ZEN MASTER CHAMPION JUST SUFFERED HIS FIRST PINFALL LOSS SINCE HE RETURNED TO THE REALM OF ZEN!"

Dustin:
"THAT WAS A WAR, SPARKY, A WAR THAT THE PHENOM JUST WON IN IMPRESSIVE FASHION!"

In the ring, Beetle can only drag his Master's body from the ring, trying to carry him slowly towards the back when...

image.png
"Hey Karrg...don't go anywhere just yet...I still gotta name the stipulation for our match..."

HalloWarped, clearly tired but holding a microphone, addresses the champ. Karrg, barely returning to consciousness, cranes his neck to face the man who just pinned  him in the middle of ring.

Warped:
"See...guys like my Master...like Jack and Pinks here. They'd be fine with just beating you...but me? Nah nah nah, what you've done makes me want to do more than that...I wanna destroy you, Karrg. I wanna leave you laying after a beating so bad you can't show your face in New Zealand ever again. So...I got the stipulation for our match primed and ready..."

Warped leans over the top rope and shouts his choice to the heavens.

Warped:
"LAST! MAN! STANDING!"

The crowd erupts at the announcement, Karrg's eyes going wide as he tries to think of how long he was out after getting hit with the Warp Factor 5...he snaps at Beetle to take him to the back and the two disappear behind the curtain.

Warped drops the mic and goes to tend to Spider who's sitting in the corner. The former ZEN master offers a fist bump to the Phenom which is gladly taken up on and Warped pulls his stablemate up to raise his hand.

Sparky:
"A bold choice by HalloWarped for his title match's stipulation!"

Dustin:
"I don't know if it was the wisest one, though, Sparky. Karrg fights like his body means nothing to him, I don't know if this kind of match benefits Warped as much as he thinks it does!

Sparky:
"Lightning has struck once, ZEN Faithful, will it strike twice? Join us at the Reliquary of Scale next month to find out! I'm Sparky Sparks and for Dustin Thane, we'll see you at Way of the Poet!"

Edited by Pteroid
small missing picture problem
  • Like 9

THE ZEN NEWSWIRE

LANDMARK MASTER TITLE MATCH SET FOR WAY OF THE POET
At the climax of Way of the Philosopher we saw a first since the return of the Alien Invasion last year: Karrg the Insidious was pinned in the middle of the ring! Up 'til now any defeats for the Lord of the Alien Armada were in multi-man matches, trios, or atomicos where he never took the loss directly. All that changed when Karrg fell victim to HalloWarped's Warp Factor 5 springboard knee and the apprentice of Halloween Knight punched his ticket to Way of the Poet for a ZEN Master title match. Possibly off the rush of adrenaline from claiming that victory, HalloWarped announced that he would be facing Karrg in a Last Man Standing match for the belt with no disqualifications and the match only ending when one man could not answer a ten count. We here at the newswire are certainly of a mind to cheer Warped on, though we certainly hope he has a plan for the numbers game ahead...

SKY'S THE LIMIT TO CHALLENGE FOR HARMONY BELTS
Formed from the newly minted Stratos and Brain Buster (formerly Killer B and Crime Buster), Skies the Limit saved themselves from banishment at Way of the Philosopher and in doing so won the opportunity to challenge for the Harmony Titles. We at the newswire attempted to get a word from the champions Man O'War and Laguna the Loyal but found they were too busy asking local electricians their experience with genetic recombinators. Weird.

HALLOWEEN KNIGHT HAND-PICKS TEAM TO FACE MALOTHIAN MENACE
Coming off a bizarre series of events at the last event, Halloween Knight has declared he has chosen a mystery team to face the brainwashed servants of the Malothian at Way of the Poet. The identity of this team has been kept secret so far but the Armada has accepted the challenge on the Malothian's behalf due to him apparently trying to find Celestina Cherish and C-W-A to reap vengeance on them for the humiliation he experienced on his way to victory at Way of the Philosopher. The clowns have gone to grownd it appears and rumors are circling that the Armada is prepared to put out a bounty on anyone with a rubber nose. A clownty, if you will.

VORTEX CHALLENGES ZERO, FORMER ZEN MASTER PUTS OUT STATEMENT, HEZ JENDELL IN RECOVERY
Following being partially responsible for his team's elimination from the main event three-way tag match at Way of the Philosopher, Vortex has reportedly challenged former ZEN Master ZERO to a match in order to 'Prove Himself' to his Skullduggery comrades. While Skullduggery has had issues with ZERO in the past it seems odd to us at the newswire that Vortex is apparently attempting to exacerbate what seemed to be a settled issue between rudos. In response to this, ZERO has put out a written statement:

ZEN has degenerated from the noble arena I once knew. Where once the greatest luchadors in all the world battled for supremacy now stands a compromised wasteland of roving gangs of weaklings clinging to each other for support. I alone know the true potential of ZEN, I alone walk a singular path guided only by my clear vision, I alone will break the Realm of ZEN from this state of stagnation and decay. I start this path by destroying the upjumped thug who dares to stray from under Cyanide's skirt. You have involved yourself in my business too many times, Vortex, and I will correct you of your arrogance with the back of my hand. Perhaps you can join Hez Jendell in the hospital.

This is of course in reference to Hez Jendell who suffered a brutal beating from ZERO after defeating him in a match to complete her mission from Hallloween Knight. With Hez convalescing in a human hospital, reports of the difficulty on helping someone of her unique alien physiology have reached us at the newswire and we can only hope she'll be back soon.

image.jpeg
ZEN PRESENTS: WAY OF THE POET

ZEN MASTER TITLE LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
KARRG THE INSIDIOUS (c) VS HALLOWARPED

KALLIOPE WOODCHUCK VS LERONE SLIM

BUCKMINSTER SNARK & TOADY VS KNIGHT'S MYSTERY TEAM

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH
DEATHWATCH BEETLE (c) VS PINK SPIDER

BOOSTER: BOY GENIUS VS AUKLAND RAIDER

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

HARMONY TITLE MATCH
THE ALIEN FLEET (c) VS SKY'S THE LIMIT

VORTEX VS ZERO

• Like 2

Jack has been "under control" now for 2 months....hmm

Woodchuck is on the front lines of this war due to Snark, and she will need momentum.

They can't be mindless zombies forever...maybe they can become super good at wrestling zombies!

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH

Not time for someone to get a win against the Armada's solo belts. Sorry Spider.

While I want Booster Boy to win, it's seemingly time for Raider to move up the rankings again. 

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

Kind of think Rekha hasn't done a lot until last show. Would be a great win to continue to gain momentum

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

50-50 here. Clearly you got a plan for Sky's The Limit, but I think that comes after a loss. 

VORTEX VS ZERO

Need another show to get me invested in this storyline I think. Love Hex though. 

How are the younger/newer guys doing in ring btw? They holding their own or is it giving the "push to far" vibe from the audience?

With no DQs theres bound to be some shenanigans, and Pumpkin Jack's potential mind control feels like a chekhovs gun waiting to be fired here.

I like Lerone Slim a lot, but Woodchuck seems like she's being pushed a bit more atm.

I'm a bit nervous here since the mystery team could well be Disco Fox and Blue Flea, but in the end I'm a sucker for a mystery.

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH

I think Pink Spider's run of bad luck continues as he loses once more.

Just going to go with personal preference here.

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

I think Devilfish manages to get a win here to even the score between DevilShark and Casual Violence.

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

Sky's The Limit just got a new repackaging and are hot coming off a win. With everything else The Armada has going on I think now is a good moment to have their stranglehold over ZEN slip as they lose their titles.

VORTEX VS ZERO

Zero's got a rematch building with Hez, so I think him winning here makes the most sense.

"Speak, oh loyal traitor."

Did we just get a foreshadowing that Man O'War never truly turned Rudo and has been working to stop the Armada from the inside?  That would be epic. ... or Karrg could just be an idiot

.... Both?

You turned the Transwoman into a clown - what are you J.K Rowling?

I legit want to punch both the Sky's the Limit guys in the face now ... they just got X-Pac heat from me.  

Fun show.

KARRG THE INSIDIOUS (c) VS
HALLOWARPED

- All Hail Karrg! I just dont think the story finishes with a HALLOWARPED victory.

Honestly could go either way here but I like Woodchuck

Mystery team vs Mind Controlled Fodder .... hmmm ... Toay is so eating a pin here.

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH
DEATHWATCH BEETLE (c) VS PINK SPIDER by DQ

I sort of think it's time to change things up by have Pinkie defeat the Beetle but NOT win the championship - with a DQ finish to set up a rematch.  

In a Comedy Fed Booster is comedy fodder

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

Meh ... not feeling Rekha

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

I have never wanted any team to lose more than the repackaged SKY'S THE LIMIT!  Please let there be an Alien Death Ray!!! 

VORTEX VS ZERO

Forgotten men wrestling what will probably be a forgotten match ... these two feel like 5th wheels right now but Vortex is probably better positioned.

Another super great show, and again I am just so into whenever you do the still ZEN "serious" stuff

Warped might be the answer long term, but he chose the wrong match stip and he'll pay for it for now

Kalliope might even be more likely as the answer to end the Armada's chokehold on the Master title and her streak has been incredible. To be fair, Lerone is extremely improved from 2020 so who knows.

Knight will fly too close to the sun will this one

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH

Spider is overqualified for this belt and this is where I expect the Jack shenanigans to take place

Surely he won't finally have an invention that can give him the win...

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

I just really really like Devilfish. Rekha rules too but she needs to find something ZEN-y

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

I think this is a temporary victory as they're not super comfortable in their skin but I also think by now one of the tecnicos need to beat one of the Armada people and you can pivot to a Malothian-led revenge team for these belts.

VORTEX VS ZERO

ZERO gets some edge and his threat back

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2024 at 9:22 PM, Martel123 said:

How are the younger/newer guys doing in ring btw? They holding their own or is it giving the "push to far" vibe from the audience?

I can’t give the proper numbers because I have booked up to Way of the Liar, but Hez Jendell and Malothian have been fitting in well. Celestina’s lagged behind a bit but her push is more slow burn and meant to tie into the greater story down the road as she finds more prominence on the roster.

ADDENDUM:  Turns out this is a numbers thing, some pop gains for the company meant the threshold for overness was adjusted so Celly's just baaaarely out of the window in-game. Don't worry, her time is coming.

Edited by Pteroid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pteroid said:

I can’t give the proper numbers because I have booked up to Way of the Liar, but Hez Jendell and Malothian have been fitting in well. Celestina’s lagged behind a bit but her push is more slow burn and meant to tie into the greater story down the road as she finds more prominence on the roster.

Celestina isn't that great in the ring right now but her Comedic skills offer real potential is somewhere like ZEN.  Malothian is like Celestina in that they are a fair way off in ring but in his case that gimmick just works.  Hez is obviously going to be really good. 

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

VORTEX VS ZERO

Not the time for Warped.

Might be leaning into my own booking cruxes - but I feel the mystery team could be a one-off from ZEN past - Nightmare Slasher/Stalker?

CONCEPTUAL TITLE MATCH

Spider is above the belt arguably, but I don't know. Feel there's a story here.

Aukland Raider all the way

DEVILFISH VS REKHA

Thought about balancing out last month - but I think Devilfish takes it.

HARMONY TITLE MATCH

Think it's too soon for Sky's The Limit. Kind of miss Crime Buster - I actually think there are legs there (with play on cop tropes, eventual 'dirty cop' turn), but the segment was really nice last show, so willing to be won around.

VORTEX VS ZERO

Zero is old school ZEN, great to have around in the ring but helps tank every angle he's basically in (I've had a ZERO, Molly Cuddle and Killer B angle score 22). Vortex has more legs long-term, and given his personality he'd probably be annoyed about losing, so I'm going Vortex. Plus Skullduggery need to have some positives for their services.

Edited by Eugh