[HYPE] Real World Chronicles IX

JehPBsQ.png

CURRENT RELEASE [TBA]

PICTURE PACKS
joemurphy's Super Awesome Modern Picture Pack (JPG & GIF)
Lukkearthur's Brand Spankin New Picture Pack™
Sabin's RW Free Pics Pack*

PREVIOUS RELEASE [TEW 2020]
RWC June 2024 JPG Edition
RWC June 2024 GIF Edition

NEXT RELEASE
TBA

STAY CONNECTED
Join the RWC Discord to chat with the team, get a peek at the changelog as it updates and drop any fixes, suggestions or requests you may have for the mod. We do keep up with the thread, but we're far more active in the Discord.
https://discord.gg/XWsN6Ghwfw

DETAILS

This mod is the continuation of the amazing work done by Fleisch and southside_hitmen on the Real World Chronicles mod. Big thank you to both of them who have been giving all of us years of enjoyment with the mod and have given me their blessing to carry on with their work and keep it alive for everyone.

Real World Chronicles is a current day real world mod that aims for complete accuracy, depth and long-term playability, with a huge variety of companies all around the world and each part of the game world being meticulously worked over to make sure that whether you're playing as WWE or a tiny promotion in the middle of nowhere, you'll get a realistic experience.

THANK YOUS

NLG - For an immeasurable amount of work, especially on the UK & Australian scenes, and for keeping the mod going by himself when I needed a break
Fleisch & southside_hitmen - The mod wouldn't exist without them and like I said, it's practically entirely their work!
Derek_B - For his excellent mod making guide that I'm constantly looking at these days
joemurphy - For the aptly named Super Awesome Modern Picture Pack and working like a madman on all the new stuff I give him to do, even doing SAMPP GIFs for me
dean - For a lot of help on BJW and the Japanese independent scene
Cody & p4rk - For running multiple watchers for me at the last minute
Oliver Taylor - For being the best journalist in wrestling and making it easy to keep up with puro
Devil_Cyborg - For being a top class RWCman
raspymorten - For sharing WON updates with me, their work on expansions and tons of work on title lineages
Emmo - For help with indie workers and working on the upcoming indie expansion with raspy
gazwefc - For the picture pack idea, for changing the graphics game on TEW, for company/stable logos from nGo Giferations
sabin357 - For thousands of free worker pictures and being a swell guy
G33kking - For loads of awesome pics for the GIF pack
Efanga's Discord - For keeping me motivated and enjoying wrestling. Don't forget to brush your teeth
Adam Ryland - For satiating the fantasy booker within me
This community - For all the mods that straight up blow me away

Anybody else I forgot - I get a lot of help and love from folks, if you aren't named here and you're one of those people, I appreciate you!

Edited by Questlove
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 6

18 hours ago, austinjameslive said:

So stoked that you got this out for release Saturday. Can't wait to have your mod for my weekend play

I think you read that wrong, this is merely the hype thread. It will be done when it's done 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been toying with making some "Plug-In" mods for TEW IX given how much easier it is now to edit data outside of the game, and I've been looking through the latest RWC to get some ideas of where I could expand on, and here's some things that jumped out at me. Apologies if any of these have already been suggested, or are already in hand:

Pro Wrestling EVE:

- Home venue is currently set as 229 The Venue, this should be removed, they no longer run there. Their current "home" venue is Big Penny Social in Walthamstowe.

- Leah Owens and Jayla Dark can probably be removed from the roster, and removed as default commentators. At most of their recent shows Dann Read has done commentary with whatever wrestlers are around and able to do it.

- Charlie Morgan, Jetta and Rhia O'Reilly should all be removed and set to Retired. Charlie and Jetta had their retirement match in June, and Rhia quietly retired last year.

- Charlie Morgan and Jetta's relationship should be Married, rather than Dating.

- Nina Samuels should be Married to Rocky Mac

- Laura Di Matteo, Kasey, Livvii Grace, Maya Yukihi, Mei Suruga, and Mercedes Blaze should be removed - none of them have wrestled for EVE in 2024, and Livvii and Mercedes not since 2022

- The Uprising stable should be removed, and a tag team of Operation SAS added of Nightshade and Skye Smitson

- Kanji and Emersyn Jayne should be a Tag Team called Top Shagger & Her Donny

- Emersyn Jayne should be Babyface, Millie McKenzie should be Heel, Nightshade should be Babyface, Skye Smitson should be Babyface, Safire Reed should be Heel

- Will Ospreay has been working as a Producer for EVE - potentially add him as a Road Agent

- Emily Read could be changed from Left The Business and back to Active, and given an EVE contract, she is back working with the company and appearing at shows.

- LA Taylor should be added to EVE as a babyface

- Su Yung should be added to EVE as a babyface; she has been booked on multiple shows this year

- Nina Samuels is current EVE Champion, Operation SAS (Nightshade & Skye Smitson) are EVE Tag Team Champions

Misc Stuff:

- Ben Carter can have Alter-Egos added of CJ Storm (masked and unmasked), which was the name he started out under, and Ben Carson, which he briefly worked as in Tennessee

- Cassius should be Homosexual rather than Bisexual

- Chakara should probably be retired or on hiatus - as far as I'm aware she hasn't worked in at least 3 years

- Greg Burridge should be able to work as a Road Agent, and should have the alter-egos Baxter Burridge and Metallico

- Cara Noir should be able to work as a Road Agent - he has been working as a Producer for PROGRESS since getting injured. He should have the alter-egos El Pavo Real and Pure Britannico.

- Jody Fleisch should be retired, and have the Alter-Ego Jody Flash.

- Kanji's relationship status should be Engaged

- Kira Chimera's relationship status should be Dating

- Little Miss Roxxy is no longer based in the British Isles, she lives in the US. She could possibly also be set to either Retired or On Hiatus, she hasn't wrestled since 2021 as far as I can tell. 

- Livvii Grace's bio mentions her previously working as Tennessee Honey, but she doesn't have that gimmick as an Alter Ego. She's also worked as "Liv, Laugh, Love" and "Trash Queen" for FIST Club and Galzilla, respectively.

- Malik should have Marduk Malik as an Alter Ego

- Roy Johnson is Married

- Gene Munny, Clementine and Malik should be graduates of the London School of Lucha Libre.

- Safire Reed, Kanji, Lizzy Evo, Nina Samuels, Nightshade and Mercedes Blaze should be added to RevPro. Reed, Evo, Samuels, Blaze and Alex Windsor should be a heel stable called the Cut Throat Collective.

Thanks @Questlove for doing it. Since the first database you do/revive.

I have just a simple question for you: have you intention to add even some celebrities to the database? I would do that if I would be good at putting parameters to be more similar to reality, but I'm awful in that. I think that some of them would be cool to have in there, especially some musicians/singer for a some kind of "Hymn at the start" for our own events or some good comedian for the announcer's tables

1 hour ago, espert2 said:

Thanks @Questlove for doing it. Since the first database you do/revive.

I have just a simple question for you: have you intention to add even some celebrities to the database? I would do that if I would be good at putting parameters to be more similar to reality, but I'm awful in that. I think that some of them would be cool to have in there, especially some musicians/singer for a some kind of "Hymn at the start" for our own events or some good comedian for the announcer's tables

If they make sense to be added they might make it in at some point, but they're near the bottom of my list of priorities right now and I'm not really into just adding them for the sake of it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Questlove said:

If they make sense to be added they might make it in at some point, but they're near the bottom of my list of priorities right now and I'm not really into just adding them for the sake of it.

I can surely understand that, thanks for your answer

Looking forward to it. Would love to see company relationships and alliances updated for the next drop.

Here's some notes off the top of my head:

Remove AAA, MLW and TNA from the Forbidden Door alliance. I don't think AEW has ever worked with MLW directly, and TNA hasn't for a number of years.

Add heat between AEW and AAA after Konnan and Tony Khan had a fall out. Also add personal heat between the two.

Add a friendly relationship between AAA and WWE. They've been friendly since Konnan inducted Rey Mysterio into the Hall of Fame. Dragon Lee announced that he signed with WWE after beating FTR on a AAA show.

Add a trade agreement between NXT and TNA. Maybe remove the trade agreement between WWE and TNA? They've only worked with NXT so far. Keep the friendly TNA WWE relationship which could be developed by the player.

Maybe turn AEW International Championship into a Forbidden Door Alliance title? It's going to be defended in CMLL and Rev Pro in the coming weeks.

I'm probably missing a bunch but these would be the main changes. :)

Edited by jaymeetee

1 hour ago, jaymeetee said:

Looking forward to it. Would love to see company relationships and alliances updated for the next drop.

Here's some notes off the top of my head:

Remove AAA, MLW and TNA from the Forbidden Door alliance. I don't think AEW has ever worked with MLW directly, and TNA hasn't for a number of years.

Add heat between AEW and AAA after Konnan and Tony Khan had a fall out leading to AEW working with CMLL instead.

Add a friendly relationship between AAA and WWE. They've been friendly, with Dragon Lee announcing he signed with WWE after beating FTR on a AAA show.

Add a trade agreement between NXT and TNA. Maybe remove the trade agreement between WWE and TNA? They've only worked with NXT so far.

I'm probably missing a bunch but these would be the main changes. :)

"maybe remove the trade agreement between WWE and TNA? They've only worked with NXT so far."

I'd keep it personally imo they'll have Hendry on Smackdown soon.

21 minutes ago, Yoyoyojjoe said:

"maybe remove the trade agreement between WWE and TNA? They've only worked with NXT so far."

I'd keep it personally imo they'll have Hendry on Smackdown soon.

I just think it should remain a friendly relationship until something actually happens irl. I wouldn't be mad either way though. :D

32 minutes ago, Dsarkov said:

seriously the height and weight adjustment take so much time was barely to able to do the WWE Main Roster with some adjustment to stat. So kudos to anybody working on mods.

Yeah for doing my save with a converted January 2010 database, I only adjusted the data for the main WWE roster and pledged to only continue adjusting for anyone else I bring onto the roster, whether callups or new hires outright.

11 minutes ago, Taylor2020 said:

Yeah for doing my save with a converted January 2010 database, I only adjusted the data for the main WWE roster and pledged to only continue adjusting for anyone else I bring onto the roster, whether callups or new hires outright.

yeah im doing it on this mod to my liking but damn it takes time to go get the right info. easy for big company but for smaller ones its going to be tough

14 hours ago, Dsarkov said:

seriously the height and weight adjustment take so much time was barely to able to do the WWE Main Roster with some adjustment to stat. So kudos to anybody working on mods.

We did the whole lot plus birthdays on day 1 lol, the thing that's taking the longest at the moment is tour schedules. Once that's done I'll be working on new additions for the inner circles then I'll probably release the first version

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Questlove said:

We did the whole lot plus birthdays on day 1 lol, the thing that's taking the longest at the moment is tour schedules. Once that's done I'll be working on new additions for the inner circles then I'll probably release the first version

Appreciate all your work and efforts to keep this series going in to tew ix

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Questlove said:

i might wait to the release and then do the update on stats. I believe some workers  should get some upgrades, trait added or personality change that make sense.