[HYPE] Real World Chronicles IX

On 9/5/2024 at 8:21 PM, CM707 said:

Very excited for this! Always use RWC and can't wait to get into it on the new game. Is there any rough date or time you might think it will be ready? No worries if not! Just very excited for it!

Same man, holding off to start a save. Interested to know if it's like days away or weeks away again this point

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dave7415 said:

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼... 

I can't remember ever a month RWC being released beyond 5-6 of the month? 

Id imagine givien they have to redo all the schedules and adapt other things for the new game it may take longer than the usual update

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave7415 said:

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼... 

I can't remember ever a month RWC being released beyond 5-6 of the month? 

This isn't a regular release considering I'm having to redo every schedule and rebalance for the new game. I'm hoping it won't be longer than next weekend but I'm back at work now so it depends how much of my free time I want to dedicate to ironing out all the issues that keep popping up in testing. 

To give an idea of what's holding me up, because of the real calendar every tour schedule takes way longer than before to set up as you need to set up all events with positioning shifts that not only land everything in the correct order at the start of the game, but so there's no overlaps or shows landing in the wrong order as the years progress. Because of this, every time I work on a schedule I do a 5 year sim to make sure they're all working correctly no matter how much time passes. It gets tricky for some companies with heavy schedules but I think it's just BJW, ZERO1 and FREEDOMS left to finish up now. Also since I'm doing the sims anyway, I use that as an opportunity to try and do some longer term balancing while I'm at it.

Basically like I already said it'll be this month, I'm not committing to anything beyond that

Edited by Questlove
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 7

39 minutes ago, hassan2 said:

Have you given any thought on setting it up to change to netflix on raw in January? Is that even possible? 

I've already given WWE and NXT their new deals and removed the old ones, makes more sense to me to just do it now than have the AI making weird decisions within a few months.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Questlove said:

This isn't a regular release considering I'm having to redo every schedule and rebalance for the new game. I'm hoping it won't be longer than next weekend but I'm back at work now so it depends how much of my free time I want to dedicate to ironing out all the issues that keep popping up in testing. 

To give an idea of what's holding me up, because of the real calendar every tour schedule takes way longer than before to set up as you need to set up all events with positioning shifts that not only land everything in the correct order at the start of the game, but so there's no overlaps or shows landing in the wrong order as the years progress. Because of this, every time I work on a schedule I do a 5 year sim to make sure they're all working correctly no matter how much time passes. It gets tricky for some companies with heavy schedules but I think it's just BJW, ZERO1 and FREEDOMS left to finish up now. Also since I'm doing the sims anyway, I use that as an opportunity to try and do some longer term balancing while I'm at it.

Basically like I already said it'll be this month, I'm not committing to anything beyond that

Amazing

10 minutes ago, PaperMachete said:

Goes without saying but there's no stress from our end Questlove, you release it when you are able to, even if it's two months from now. 🙂

100% agree. We are all fans looking forward to the eventual release ☝🏼

• Like 7

3 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

Goes without saying but there's no stress from our end Questlove, you release it when you are able to, even if it's two months from now. 🙂

3 hours ago, Dave7415 said:

100% agree. We are all fans looking forward to the eventual release ☝🏼

This. Ignore the impatient and the haters, you do you QL, we understand this is a labor of love and something you do completely free for the community. When it's ready, it's ready, and we'll be here. Take whatever time you need.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JBrother said:

Im not sure who's RW mod is better between Questlove and The Who or what the differences are? Anyone help me out?

TheWho's version tends to be kinda 'quantity over quality' in some way, as his mod tends to carry a similar amount of workers as Questlove's does, but his worker skills feel a lot less varied (almost exclusively being numbers that are multiples of 5/10), and said skills all seem to be under-rated to the point where you'd struggle to put on a show with WWE that didn't lose popularity for the first good while of a save, and since it seems like most players likely don't go more than a year on a save - including me usually - most people don't manage to last that long on a TheWho save for skills to truly pick up and improve the show ratings.

Questlove's RWC mods are usually considered the best for the 'current-day' real-world mods. There's definitely a motive to make things not only very balanced but also allow one to realistically put enough time to playing one to be able to rise in the ranks in terms of show ratings. The presentation in the mod also feels a lot more lively (mainly the GIF version of RWC with the backdrops) compared to TheWho's, since last I checked, TheWho is still using those fairly colorless backdrops that I think have been a part of his mods' presentation for over a decade now. I know, somewhat of an odd thing to nitpick, but I just really prefer the presentation of stuff like what Questlove does.

So yeah, I'd more recommend the RWC mods by Questlove.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Taylor2020 said:

TheWho's version tends to be kinda 'quantity over quality' in some way, as his mod tends to carry a similar amount of workers as Questlove's does, but his worker skills feel a lot less varied (almost exclusively being numbers that are multiples of 5/10), and said skills all seem to be under-rated to the point where you'd struggle to put on a show with WWE that didn't lose popularity for the first good while of a save, and since it seems like most players likely don't go more than a year on a save - including me usually - most people don't manage to last that long on a TheWho save for skills to truly pick up and improve the show ratings.

Questlove's RWC mods are usually considered the best for the 'current-day' real-world mods. There's definitely a motive to make things not only very balanced but also allow one to realistically put enough time to playing one to be able to rise in the ranks in terms of show ratings. The presentation in the mod also feels a lot more lively (mainly the GIF version of RWC with the backdrops) compared to TheWho's, since last I checked, TheWho is still using those fairly colorless backdrops that I think have been a part of his mods' presentation for over a decade now. I know, somewhat of an odd thing to nitpick, but I just really prefer the presentation of stuff like what Questlove does.

So yeah, I'd more recommend the RWC mods by Questlove.

Legend mate. Thanks very much for the detailed description

I usually use Questlove's, although I like that The Who's has some obscure workers not in other data, like the WOW Superheroes (I'm a fan of The Tonga Twins and Miami's Sweet Heat), so I usually import those and make WOW active, my last save from 2020 where I took AEW to the number one spot past WWE was actually done with QL's Jan 2023 RWC. I was 3 years in on that save when TEWIX was announced, it's the longest save I've ever had, I even converted it to a database and have been thinking about starting a new game from it for IX after editing records for titles etc. to real dates.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, Dave7415 said:

Myself, I'm currently working on my Excel spreadsheet preparing for the my RWC longterm WWE save. Roster, Storylines, and TV and PLE shows. 

RWC🔥🏼

Hey I'm always interested to see how others do what they do would you mind showing how you set up your sheets mate?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, armandojav said:

Hey I'm always interested to see how others do what they do would you mind showing how you set up your sheets mate?

Hi, 

Thank you for taking an intrest. My plans are very much a work in progress. I've sorted my RAW/Smack Down up to date. I'm awaiting the RWC release to finalise storylines and TV, PLE schedules. I carry on real life storylines to conclusion then create my own

As I've already said,... waiting patiently for RWC release 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dave7415 said:

Hi, 

Thank you for taking an intrest. My plans are very much a work in progress. I've sorted my RAW/Smack Down up to date. I'm awaiting the RWC release to finalise storylines and TV, PLE schedules. I carry on real life storylines to conclusion then create my own

As I've already said,... waiting patiently for RWC release 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Not to jump in here also, but would you show how you break down your storyline/show structure in the spreadsheet? mine gets so long winded, looking for ideas on how to properly write out all my plans, especially since Im also doing modern WWE. 

Also would assume the Tours section, just a list of who you run on the house show circuits? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xjman329 said:

Not to jump in here also, but would you show how you break down your storyline/show structure in the spreadsheet? mine gets so long winded, looking for ideas on how to properly write out all my plans, especially since Im also doing modern WWE. 

Also would assume the Tours section, just a list of who you run on the house show circuits? 

Hi, 

I haven't yet started mapping out my storylines, I'm awaiting the RWC release. I will always continue current storylines to eventual conclusion before creating my my own. Once I get into the RWC mod it dosen't take me to long to organise storylines and schedules. Tours and house shows I use to create chemistry and experiment my roster as in real life. 

Once up and running, I'll upload screen shots if still intrest. I only work and play on my TEW save at the weekend due work and family, depending on available freetime. 

Much appreciation to the actual mod makers 🔥🏼

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave7415 said:

Hi, 

I haven't yet started mapping out my storylines, I'm awaiting the RWC release. I will always continue current storylines to eventual conclusion before creating my my own. Once I get into the RWC mod it dosen't take me to long to organise storylines and schedules. Tours and house shows I use to create chemistry and experiment my roster as in real life. 

Once up and running, I'll upload screen shots if still intrest. I only work and play on my TEW save at the weekend due work and family, depending on available freetime. 

I for sure would be interested in your layout once we get things moving. Nice talking to you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave7415 said:

Hi, 

The ones you already sent look great man thanks for showing me and let me know how the rest comes along once the mod is out if you can brother!