Which year do you want a TEW iX mod for most?

Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?

20 hours ago, Jcucs2st said:

I just wish someone would update the Montreal Aftermath mod to IX. Still the best mod ever in my opinon

Just a friendly reminder that Genadi mods and others mods from the mod squad require and must be given permission to use any information for converting or creating mods. 

These mods are NOT abandonware or freeware.

On 8/7/2024 at 5:51 PM, chase317 said:

I'd love for the 1986 Mod from 2020 to be converted over and completed with the new IX features.

This.

But with respect to jhd1 and his awesome efforts on the 1986 Timelines mod, I really would like an official mod with a start date in around May of that year. I tried to mod his mod with some changes to reflect that date (for personal use, naturally) as I have with other mods, but always come to realize that even modifying an already existing mod is quite a time consuming effort (so, once again, tip of the cap to jhd1 and every mod creator out there, and Adam and the team for the game and the awesome CVerse).

Why May 1986?

Looking back, that was the point where WWF was at their last most vulnerable. A few big names were gone for a few months (Andre on Japan tour, Piper taking a break to make a flick, Terry Funk because he was just tired of the travel...er...or as he told Vince "my horse is sick"). The Wrestling Classic in late '85 didn't do so well, and while WM2 did pretty damned well financially it wasn't to the level that WM1 was due to the costs alone, and critically it wasn't a beloved show even at the time among even casual fans.

And it was the point where the other promoters spurned alliances and were going solo themselves after the failed Pro Wrestling USA experiment and Crockett essentially making the NWA an alliance between his own promotion, Puerto Rico, and Baba's All-Japan as he was hogging champion Flair.

Heck, there was even Joshi wrestling showing on US cable (AJW on Tempo TV; EMLL on Galavision) and even broadcast (EMLL also aired on Spanish language broadcast stations in the US, and so too did PR's CSP/WWC, at least in the Northeast). If not for dumb financial and booking decisions, and spots of really bad luck (deaths or injuries) and WWF catching fire with the Orndorff turn in the summer of '86...who knows what would have happened. And really odds and ends like a slew of indie groups cropping up due to the bigger companies focusing on larger cities or towns and not running as many spot shows in smaller towns (so promotions like the new NWF, which was where Heyman got his start, or that wacky California Championship Wrestling started cropping up).

Either that or '72, just for the Battle of Atlanta alone.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 10:31 PM, Jugg said:

I would like to see years that we don't usally see :

• The 70s as a start point for a long term save mod could lead to a variety of alternates versions of the world as most of the major events in the past never happened.

Territory Daze by Mammoth has got you covered there with a 1970 starting point.

The one I haven't seen yet is a 1960 start just after the AWA is formalized under Verne Gagne.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nov/Dec 97, Jan 98 or April 2000.

You've got the screwjob covered, the Starrcade 97 travesty that you can rebook, or follow up from. Then for April 2000, you've got a chance to rebooked New Blood vs Millonaire's Club much better than what was done in real life.

• Like 1

More recently i'd love to see a good 2019 mod - WWE well into their run of mediocrity, in the need for new blood in the booking to freshen up a stale Vince product. Alternatively a new player in the game, AEW, has quite a bit of money to splash around to try to recapture public interest and hype for pro wrestling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dawn said:

2009. Please. There has never been a good January 09 mod with Jeff Hardy as WWE Champion, Umaga still alive, Miz and Morrison at the peak of their powers, Legacy reaching their apex...

And Taker in his last few full time run. Hell a bunch of guys actually. 08-09-10-11 are always fun to play in TEW. Some years has that huge gap between lower card and main eventers, some has both roster having a lot of guys, hell you can even have ECW to book or recreate his ending.

In other words we need a database from end of 00's/start of 10s

• Like 2