TEW Booking Tracker - IX Edition

On 8/4/2024 at 2:10 AM, henryhsh said:

Here's a temporary fix. It should match C4 from 'Sheet Manager' to column B in Contracts as an additional condition to ensure it's reading off of your contracts not the first it can match to.

As a temporary fix:

Go to View -> Hidden Sheets -> Formula/Data Sheet

In Cell R3, Should be the Perception of your first employee:

Paste the following formula:

=IF($N3="", "", INDEX(FILTER(Contracts.csv!$1:$20001, Contracts.csv!$C:$C = $N3, Contracts.csv!$B:$B = 'Sheet Manager'!$C$4), 1, MATCH(R$2, Contracts.csv!$1:$1, 0)))

Then, grab the corner of the cell and drag it down a few hundred cells (I'm not sure if there's a way to apply a formula to the rest of the column automatically, not very familiar with Google Sheets).

At a glance, it looks like the rest of the fields pulling from the contracts sheet will need the same treatment. Gimmicks, rating, contract, etc.

I applied this and it worked, thanks a lot. Alas, my spreadsheet-fu isn't strong enough to also make such a similar formula for the rest of the info in that neighbourhood (Column O for name and columns S to AB). As a result, a worker I've renamed shows up with the proper Perception, but under their original name and the disposition/gimmick/gimmick rating/momentum/pay/days left of their contract with another company. Could the same kind of filtering perhaps be applied to an updated version of the sheet? Thanks

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I applied this and it worked, thanks a lot. Alas, my spreadsheet-fu isn't strong enough to also make such a similar formula for the rest of the info in that neighbourhood (Column O for name and columns S to AB). As a result, a worker I've renamed shows up with the proper Perception, but under their original name and the disposition/gimmick/gimmick rating/momentum/pay/days left of their contract with another company. Could the same kind of filtering perhaps be applied to an updated version of the sheet? Thanks

Copy and paste the formula into Column O and it'll work fine. Highlight the altered Column R and drag across to AA and it'll fill in the correct responses. Column AB is a little more finicky, but I tend not to worry about contracts in spreadsheets because the game is going to tell me who is up for renegotiation anyway.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gwblack said:

Copy and paste the formula into Column O and it'll work fine. Highlight the altered Column R and drag across to AA and it'll fill in the correct responses. Column AB is a little more finicky, but I tend not to worry about contracts in spreadsheets because the game is going to tell me who is up for renegotiation anyway.

Thanks for this. For anyone else applying this:

For column O, copy pasting the formula gave me the Perception result again. I selected one of the cells in column R and dragged left till O, which modified the formula appropriately for column O, but messed up those in between (P and Q). Thus, after applying the formula on column R, select all boxes save for one, and drag left till R to apply the formula, then use the unaffected data on columns P and Q to drag down and apply the proper formula for the rest of your workers on those columns.

That aside, expanding the formula up to and including column AA works without errors.

39 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Thanks for this. For anyone else applying this:

For column O, copy pasting the formula gave me the Perception result again. I selected one of the cells in column R and dragged left till O, which modified the formula appropriately for column O, but messed up those in between (P and Q). Thus, after applying the formula on column R, select all boxes save for one, and drag left till R to apply the formula, then use the unaffected data on columns P and Q to drag down and apply the proper formula for the rest of your workers on those columns.

That aside, expanding the formula up to and including column AA works without errors.

I’ll go through today and amend the master version too, it’s just an oversight on my part not to also run a check on the company in the formulas but in hindsight a pretty obvious one! 

Again as per previous advice, it’s probably easier to take a fresh copy than try and paste the formulas in yourself as there’s a chance of getting errors, but if you can get it working, obviously crack on. 

I’ll update in this thread once the formulas are fixed 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AidanLFC1 said:

I’ll go through today and amend the master version too, it’s just an oversight on my part not to also run a check on the company in the formulas but in hindsight a pretty obvious one! 

It's ok, some things just don't pop into one's head until someone else does it. I saw you used TCW in your example video, so I assumed because workers are signed to exclusive written deals, you'd set up the sheet in a way where people signed to multiple companies wasn't something that could come up, till you shared the sheet and people trying it out stumbled upon the problem. It's almost like a public beta, now where did I see this a while back...

• Like 1

Right, quick update. All of the formulas from the contracts.csv should now check on the company name to ensure it's pulling the right record (thanks to @henryhsh for your help in the meantime with this, your formula works great!)

I've also fixed an issue with the script for the Roster Matrix in the Workers dashboard that meant that the push headings were hidden if no workers were found in the relevant box (i.e. if you had no midcarders, the midcarder heading would be hidden - this was not the intended functionality and so has now been amended)

I've also added a new sheet to the Tracker, the Character Dashboard, which is a lot more manual of an input as it requires your creativity in its use. There is a written example/tutorial within the sheet to demonstrate it's intended usage, so should be pretty straightforward, but any questions please feel free to ask. You can be as thorough or as brief as you like in this sheet as its purely for your own reference and to help you book your characters, or not use it at all!

I should also note that the concept for this sheet was heavily influenced by this fantastic video by Book it Better on YT. It's a bit out of date now as it was made for use with TEW16, but the core concepts are still relevant and I've always found this an extremely valuable reference in helping me plan out my booking.

• Like 2

Oh, and a quick heads up: On the booking dashboard, the schedule that starts at B30 needs to be changed to

=IFERROR(FILTER('Formula/Data Sheet (Do Not Change)'!L3:L,'Formula/Data Sheet (Do Not Change)'!K3:K<>""),"No Current Shows")

15 minutes ago, gwblack said:

Oh, and a quick heads up: On the booking dashboard, the schedule that starts at B30 needs to be changed to

Yep, fixed. That will be where I’ve just copied the formula without locking the ranges! 

3 hours ago, cesspool said:

I don't think anyone else has addressed this. The storyline tracker, for me, seems to be always "skipping" a month. As in, the earliest I can book a storyline segment in advance is for an event or tv show one month from the current in-game date. This has happened for multiple saves for me, but I'll share some screenshots of my current TCW playthrough to make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong. 

imagem_2024-08-06_200505768.png

imagem_2024-08-06_200616274.png

imagem_2024-08-06_200657593.png

This is what I was referencing in my previous post. The fix is also there. And newer versions of the sheet have it fixed already.

Edited by gwblack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gwblack said:

This is what I was referencing in my previous post. The fix is also there. And newer versions of the sheet have it fixed already.

oh dear! 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, should have checked the latest update. And your comment. 

Just wanted to say this is an excellent tool and thank you for all the hard work on it. I'm playing around in the CVerse while I wait for Real World mods to get updated/fully ready. I don't really play in the CVerse much, so your tool is helping me a lot in regards to learning the workers, organizing, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for providing this... I am dealing with an issue where I did the extract from the game and then when putting in the contracts and workers the Promotion names are coming in as numbers? Is that due to how the database was built?

5 hours ago, golfboy92 said:

Thanks for providing this... I am dealing with an issue where I did the extract from the game and then when putting in the contracts and workers the Promotion names are coming in as numbers? Is that due to how the database was built?

No all extracts from the game will be in the exact same format as long as you’re doing it correctly. Just make sure you’re following the video guide exactly and not trying to import a database, but an MDB file from a save game. This is the most common pitfall that people fall into when trying to import. 

• Like 1

Question is there a way to use this on excel, I travel a lot and sometimes don't have an internet connection so having an offline version would be very helpful. I have tried to convert the google sheet and it just breaks all the formulas lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2024 at 4:22 AM, blk_junior said:

Question is there a way to use this on excel, I travel a lot and sometimes don't have an internet connection so having an offline version would be very helpful. I have tried to convert the google sheet and it just breaks all the formulas lol

Hey, no this won’t (and will never) work with Excel. Some of the functionality in Google Sheets doesn’t work in Excel and vice-versa. There is a way to get Sheets to work offline (only certain documents), so suggest that be your workaround in this case. 

To do so, follow this guide:

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6388102?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=2

• Like 1