[HYPE] The Big Bang (2001)

I have been working on this mod for around 4/5 years, never released it for 2020, but as I am getting closer to a testing phase I figured this was going to be the year that release happened.

[DISCLAIMER)
I will hold my hands up early, there is some bits in here from other peoples mods that were freeware, but it has been so long that I have forgotten whose they were, but if anyone can give me a hand with whose and what is where I would happily put links up to that work here.

I know the base of my broadcasters can from an extensive DB that had changes through the years.
Other TV shows was a pretty early one form 2020's cycle I believe.
As well as a location mod.

I have redesigned logo packs, and repurposed images for GIF images. 

RELEASE DATE - TBA

State of the world

USA

The war is over, WCW has been taken off Turner networks, and although they have found a new owner in Fusient Media, they have no deal in place for a TV deal, can they stay afloat long enough to get back on the air through PPVs alone? Who will be brought in too book the new WCW, these decisions lie with you.

WWF has the monopoly in American wrestling, since WCW's demise, and ECW going bankrupt, they have the pick of stars out there, there is no way anyone can challenge there supremacy... right?

There is a bustling indy scene in America, some trying to fill the ECW void, other pivoting to a more mainstream product.

Canada

Canada has a handful of independent companies vying for control of their market, nobody has broken out as a big time player, and with WWF still taking the biggest share of the pie, it's hard to see this changing in the future

Mexico

CMLL & AAA are the leading companies in Mexico, both pushing their own brand of Lucha Libre, both seem able to draw crowd no matter what is going on in the rest of the world. IWRG, X-Law & Toryumon Mexico fill the level just underneath them.

Japan

At the top of Japan there is some shifting dynamics, Inoki is pushing NJPW into a more realistic combat sports dynamic, which is taking its toll on the wrestlers, AJPW have entered a relationship with NJPW to help them recover from the great exodus, whilst NOAH are finding their feet well, and looking to move into pole position in the Puroresu world. There is a vast mix of hardcore, Yoshi, and comedy companies growing in Japan, which has the most eclectic market in the world

UK & Europe
The UK & Europe Have a few companies open but can be seen as nothing more than a small island of independent companies, providing little more than a feeder for promotions around the globe.

Australia

We find a couple of companies down under looking top make a stamp in the market, if they can build into anything is a different question

So that's how the game world sites, I wont do an active tracker, as a lot of the work is semi completed already, I am just in the process of going through worker to worker to correct height and weight, DoB, move set etc.

Active Companies

USA

All Pro Wrestling
Combat Zone Wrestling
East Coast Wrestling Association
Heartland Wrestling Association
IWA Mid-South Wrestling
IWA Puerto Rico
Jersey All Pro Wrestling
Mid American Wrestling
NWA Florida
NWA Jersey
NWA South West
NWA Wildside
Ohio Valley Wrestling
Premier Wrestling Federation
Revolution Pro Wrestling
Turnbuckle Pro Wrestling
Ultimate Pro Wrestling
World Championship Wrestling
World Wrestling Council
World Wrestling Federation
Xtreme Pro Wrestling

Canada

Border City Wrestling
Canadian Wrestling Federation
Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling
Stampede Wrestling

Mexico

Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
International Wrestling Revolution Group
Toryumon Mexico
Xtreme Latin America Wrestling

United Kingdom

All-Star Wrestling
Combat Sports Federation
Extreme World Wrestling
Frontier Wrestling Alliance
NWA UK Hammerlock
Premier Promotions
World Association of Wrestling

Japan

All Japan Pro-Wrestling
All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling
Big Japan Pro Wrestling
Dramatic Dream Team
Fightin Investigation Team BattlARTS
Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling
GAEA Japan
Hyper Visual Fighting Arsion
Michinoku Pro-Wrestling
New Japan Pro-Wrestling
Osaka Pro Wrestling
OZ Academy
Pro Wrestling NOAH
Pro Wrestling ZERO-ONE
Toryumon Japan

Europe

Athletik Club Wrestling
European Wrestling Promotion
Italian Championship Wrestling
Westside Xtreme Wrestling

Australia

Australasian Wrestling Federation

• Like 20

Nervously ran my first long term test on the mod today while i make my way through editing worker data, and it seems to hold up pretty well. rebalanced a few things so there should be closely accurate TV and PPV ratings for WCW and WWF. I am up through wrestlers whose name begin with F, so give me a week or two and i should be able to release version 0.9, the Beta.

• Like 2

You are probably too far in but people forget the relatively short lived WWA in 2001 which was pretty much the first attempt to create a 2nd tier fed behind the WWE after WCW folded

World Wrestling All-Stars - Wikipedia

I remember going to a the M-One Festival at the Homebush Olympic site in Sydney in 2002 where I got to see Midnight Oil, Billy Idol, Garbage, Goo Goo Dolls, Nickelback and a bunch of other bands where they had WWA wrestling too - If I remember rightly Scott Steiner v Nathan Jones was a bout.

On 8/4/2024 at 5:04 PM, alpha2117 said:

You are probably too far in but people forget the relatively short lived WWA in 2001 which was pretty much the first attempt to create a 2nd tier fed behind the WWE after WCW folded

World Wrestling All-Stars - Wikipedia

I remember going to a the M-One Festival at the Homebush Olympic site in Sydney in 2002 where I got to see Midnight Oil, Billy Idol, Garbage, Goo Goo Dolls, Nickelback and a bunch of other bands where they had WWA wrestling too - If I remember rightly Scott Steiner v Nathan Jones was a bout.

I have not listed the companies due to open in the mod as well... WWA is most definitely included, I believe they're due to open around October when they first started running shows

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update, I am about 2/3's of the way through sorting all of the works out for height/weight, birthdays and debut date etc. It's long and painful work, but we're moving.

Additionally i have been running tests and from what i can see the game seems pretty stable. It's auto set for WCW to be a HARD restart, as long as i can book them to eventually get back on TV I will leave it like this, as the AI is not managing to do this atm.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, been a little quiet. Still absolutely in the pipeline, lots of boring work going on at the minute, Once i have addressed some picture pack issues, I will probably release the Beta version of the mod, as i believe i have the balancing of everything where I want it. It's more the cosmetic aspects of worker history etc that need to be added to bring the proper flavour to the world.

I understand the want and need to databases, just know there is always work going on in the background. This mod has been like 4 years of my life, it's absolutely coming, I just want to be happy with what I see when it comes out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2