[HYPE] Turn of the Millennium - January 2000

After the rage & panic over the world ending in the year 2000, everything turned out to be alright; but not in the professional wrestling industry.

Ever since early 1998, the battle between the World Wrestling Federation & World Championship Wrestling has completely switched sides as, for the first time since 1995, WWF has been dominating the wrestling industry every week meanwhile WCW quickly went from #1 to #2 due to a tarnished product as well as internal conflict behind the scenes.

As for the rest of the world?

Extreme Championship Wrestling managed to secure a TV deal with TNN to present to the entire nation, "ECW on TNN", in August 1999. However, rumors are starting to speculate that the TV show might be off the air sooner-than-later. 

A lot of behind-the-curtain drama in All Japan Pro-Wrestling is starting to spill into the public world as, the now deceased, Giant Baba's widow Motoko Baba & arguably the ace of All-Japan Mitsuharu Misawa are battling over the future direction of AJPW.

New Japan Pro Wrestling is starting to struggle as their attendances have been slightly lower than ever due to Antonio Inoki's supposed agenda of pushing "more realistic pro-wrestling fights. similar to mixed martial arts" being established sometime in 1997. While Inoki doesn't hold any creative power backstage, his influence weighs more than ever as he still owns his share of NJPW.

Tensions between Mexico's CMLL & AAA have gotten hot since 1992 but not this hot. Rumors are speculating that sometime soon AAA might be heading to Arena Mexico to prove a point and CMLL has been on alert ever since.

A lot of doom & gloom are running around across various promotions as the year of 2000 starts to begin with trouble.

• Like 20

46 minutes ago, Jugg said:

Definitely, one of the new mods I'm the most hyped for this edition of TEW.
These graphics looks absolutely stunning.
Will this mod be made from scratch?

yeah ive been doing the wwf and wcw roster by myself

my friend did a little bit of the ecw roster as well

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dogking said:

How many promotions will the starting mod have? I'm really looking forward to doing a huge 2000 playthrough with tons of promotions and workers.

honestly not trying to get ahead of myself

i'm trying to cover down the Big Three (ECW, WCW, WWF) first then tackle more harder obstacles along the way (like independent promotions & whatnot)

but i guarantee you you will have a lot of variety because i'm a sucker for variety

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ianianianian said:

ECW Preview

image.png.64a104ffec0a47c49df3685aca336991.png

also just wanted to get opinion from the public

image.png.438ad50ac123297af2372dde3afc8d27.png

image.png.6980a414ea006b35e59efd2783f16f19.png

do you guys like/dislike/prefer/etc the illustrated style of championships or do you guys prefer real images of the belts

drawn championships are more easier to obtain and slap on the picture template (thanks to HexHellfire for the plate designs & Andri'Khan from discord for the straps)

but if you guys prefer the real deal, then it's no problem with me at all

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ianianianian said:

also just wanted to get opinion from the public

image.png.438ad50ac123297af2372dde3afc8d27.png

image.png.6980a414ea006b35e59efd2783f16f19.png

do you guys like/dislike/prefer/etc the illustrated style of championships or do you guys prefer real images of the belts

drawn championships are more easier to obtain and slap on the picture template (thanks to HexHellfire for the plate designs & Andri'Khan from discord for the straps)

but if you guys prefer the real deal, then it's no problem with me at all

Whichever makes the job easier for you, brodie.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

unfortunately this mod has to be scrapped

long story short computer randomly ate shit, made the dumb mistake to not back this up anywhere else upon computer restoration, felt discouraged after months of work went down the drain, currently in college anyways so i've just really lost all time and patience to quickly pump this out all over again

i appreciate those who looked forward because i looked just as forward to it

perhaps i'll do something else instead as one door closes another one opens

Edited by ianianianian
  • Sad 16

On 9/2/2024 at 11:56 PM, ianianianian said:

unfortunately this mod has to be scrapped

long story short computer randomly ate shit, made the dumb mistake to not back this up anywhere else upon computer restoration, felt discouraged after months of work went down the drain, currently in college anyways so i've just really lost all time and patience to quickly pump this out all over again

i appreciate those who looked forward because i looked just as forward to it

perhaps i'll do something else instead as one door closes another one opens

Completely understandable. Out of curiosity, it wasn't backed up to the PC's one drive, right? I know it was installing to my onedrive initially, so that's why I ask. And no one else has a beta or anything, right? Either way, bummed, but that's not on you whatsoever, and I hope you release something cool at some point! Thank you!

• Like 1