[BETA Release}- CVerse 2008

Features:

- Your favorite classic wrestlers in their primes

- Future workers and promotions bracing to enter the fray

- All 900+ contracts as they were in the 2008 CVerse

It's time to take a trip down memory lane

USA:

Jack Bruce has won the SWF World title for the first time in his career, meanwhile Rocky Golden has finally turned face in order to do battle with The Syndicate.

USPW's power and influence continues to grow under Sam Strong, and it will not be long before the big two becomes a big three.

The demise of DaVE resulted in a brief period of mourning, though currently you can see the promotion's ashes have spread across the wrestling world from top to bottom

Mexico:

SOTBPW is starting to separate themselves as the premier destination for lucha libre. Their figurehead Champagne Lover has emerged as a true superstar for the present and future.

Currently OLLIE and MPWF have reliable stars and are not worried, so the three promotions have found a way to coexist thus far.

The country has a stable foundation, and countless opportunity for young talent looking to make their mark.

Canada:

Business as usual up north while the two family promotions are following their respective playbooks. A shakeup is not expected but perhaps this is the calm before the storm.

4C continues to be the source of innovation in the country, and the go to for critics of the Stone and DeColt formulas.

The relative staleness in the country means that talented Canadians coming up may need to seek work internationally as so few spots are available.

Europe:

The departure of Luis Figo Manico has sparked a war between two camps of the former UCR. It is unknown when (or if) he will return. 

The EWA and UEW rosters have split the best talent that Europe has to offer. The jury is out on if there is enough star power to sustain either company.

Perhaps having distinct focuses will allow both promotions to grow their niche fanbases, or it could leave the masses unfulfilled.

British Isles:

Jeff Nova's leadership has granted 21CW the power to cherry pick the best talent with minimal resistance. The lure of TV time is simply too much to turn down.

ROF and MOSC have been in regular contact brainstorming ways to stay afloat after losing many of their biggest draws.

While the UK wrestling scene is enjoying the most attention it's had in decades, 21CW is the only one able to reap the rewards thus far.

Oceania:

APW has ignited an interest in wrestling down under, and they are set up to control the territory for the foreseeable future.

ZEN is an under the radar phenomenon slowly growing it's dedicated fanbase. Their few shows have been well received and offer a different side to the entertainment APW showcases.

Investors have deemed Australia fertile grounds, and it's safe to say this uptick in activity is only the start of a revolution.

Japan:

BHOTWG is barely hanging on to their #1 spot after the INSPIRE defection, but their rising generation may just be enough to keep the promotion atop Japan.

PGHW is within striking distance with many fans claiming them the current "King Of Sports" in Japan.

Due to the collapse of DaVE, a few of the smaller promotions received a shot in the arm as they take in talented wrestlers looking for a new place to call home.

Still on the way:

Starting storylines (feedback welcome)

- Tidying up new workers, tag teams in particular (feedback welcome)

- More long term tests (the game is a day old after all)

- The ongoing quest for balance

I have included a pic pack as well due to the sheer amount of name changes, alter egos, & contracts using alts.  (This uses .jpg pics for reference)

@Stennick deserves credit for reviving this and having a great eye for detail.

Finally- this is a BETA RELEASE so feedback is encouraged and necessary. 

TEW9.mdb

Edited by Teh_Showtime
  • Like 10

@Teh_Showtime Did all the heavy lifting. I reached out to him as soon as the game was announced and we started developing a plan to get this out as quick as possible. We've both been testing and playing this mod since the game was announced to get it as ready as possible for release. Huge credit to him there were so many times I sent him a list of things that needed changed and I was unable to change them and he knocked it out of the park. I hope everyone enjoys this.

Please leave feedback on anything we missed, any improvements that could be made.  This is far from done we were just ready to get this out to a wider audience to pick up whatever we missed. 

• Like 5

I like this mod! I didn't play TEW 2008, and I haven't played with a C-Verse 2008 mod before, so I'm pleasantly surprised at this. 

I was just taking a quick look at TCW, and under the events section, Battleground and King of Kings are annual events set for March and November 2020. The start date for Melody's NOTBPW Women's title reign is unknown. 

Edited by MadsMC

1 hour ago, MadsMC said:

I like this mod! I didn't play TEW 2008, and I haven't played with a C-Verse 2008 mod before, so I'm pleasantly surprised at this. 

I was just taking a quick look at TCW, and under the events section, Battleground and King of Kings are annual events set for March and November 2020. 

In general you may want to check all Events, I loaded a UEW file (because who knows, maybe all the new talent that Europe gets in the future that wasnt imagined in the 08 incarnation might make them an interesting company), and all events were set for next event happening 2020.

Quick update on the topic of schedules, event dates have been fixed. SOTBPW was missing their tv show as well so that's fixed.  Owners with giant money losing contracts were running promotions to their death relatively soon, so I've tried to make that less frequent. 

TEW9.mdb

• Like 1

You can enter amounts, but does they get ignored when starting a new game?

I'm seeing a ton of workers with no popularity. I can understand that for debuting workers, but there are 199 debuted workers with 0s across the board. Noticed it with Warren Technique, who should have some popularity as he's coming off his 4C stint.

Edited by Nightshadeex

On 8/7/2024 at 9:01 PM, The Superman 3 of People said:

The MAW titles look like they need some attention. The Sam Keith tag tournament and the North American belt are both listed as active, and belt prestige is in line with the TEW 2016 relative belt prestige system rather than the TEW 2020 absolute prestige.

Doing another pass, it looks like this is a persistent problems across title belts. You'll probably want to consult the default database for a point of reference for where title prestige should be for most of the major promotions.