Max. Potential for every skill

Additionally to the general Potential, that can be set from Very Low to Excellent in all skill categories, I would love to have a box next to each individual skill, where the max. value the specific worker can reach in that skill can be set.

As an example I find it very immersion-breaking when a 30 years old Big Show is gaining skill points in Flashiness and Aerial and eventually reaches 20 points in both. I would like to be able to set a limit in the editor, that can't be surpassed. In Big Show's case for example 0, so he will always remain on 0 Flashiness and Aerial.

59 minutes ago, arlovski said:

Additionally to the general Potential, that can be set from Very Low to Excellent in all skill categories, I would love to have a box next to each individual skill, where the max. value the specific worker can reach in that skill can be set.

As an example I find it very immersion-breaking when a 30 years old Big Show is gaining skill points in Flashiness and Aerial and eventually reaches 20 points in both. I would like to be able to set a limit in the editor, that can't be surpassed. In Big Show's case for example 0, so he will always remain on 0 Flashiness and Aerial.

Did you see Big Show in WCW? I'd argue 10-20 is perfectly realistic for him. Occasional top rope drop kick would come out to about 10-20 imo

• Like 1

In the WWE 2K games, each wrestler has built-in limits based on their archetype, so that you don't have a "powerhouse" who's really agile and great at top rope moves, or a high flyer who's extremely strong. Maybe TEW could have something similar, caps based on height and weight? That way, no need for players/modders to set those limits individually for every huge person. And those caps could be turned off, so that people who prefer realism can keep them on, and people who think it's more fun if you leave the possibility to have a 7'5, 600 lbs guy move like El Hijo del Vikingo, or Microman bench press Mark Henry, can turn them off.

Edited by MisterSocko

2 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Did you see Big Show in WCW? I'd argue 10-20 is perfectly realistic for him. Occasional top rope drop kick would come out to about 10-20 imo

Well, I only took him as an example to make it clear what I would like to have editor-wise and not really to discuss what someone would be subjectively rated in the end.

1 hour ago, arlovski said:

Well, I only took him as an example to make it clear what I would like to have editor-wise and not really to discuss what someone would be subjectively rated in the end.

Very fair and perfectly understandable. Wasn't trying to poke holes in your idea, just thought I'd defend Paul Wight a little bit 😂

• Like 1

The other issue is the hidden destiny values - sometimes you roll into that game where Ric Flair's technical goes down to 40 while Bart Gunn rises to 100. For some people it's part of the fun but for others it's very unfun and immersion breaking and you don't discover the need to reset until you're a year to two in watching values move.