Main Event Low Ratings Help

Does anyone know why the game almost always gives the main event an unusually low overall rating, when it always has the highest wrestling and crowd ratings? For example, one of my lower card tag matches had individual performances of  78, (two) 81's and an 84. The wrestling rating was no more than lower seventies, and the crowd rating was between 55-60. That segment received an 81 overall. My main event singles match had individual performances of 88 and 89. The wrestling rating was 88, and the crowd rating was 70. That match received a 79 overall. Even another tag match on the card had around the same wrestling and crowd ratings as the other tag match, with individual performances between 81 and 84. That match received an 82! My main events are always well booked, with the highest combined wrestling and crowd ratings, and always include at least 2 (depending on number of participants) of my top 6-8 wrestlers, as far as stats and popularity. But the game always gives my main event one of the lowest overall ratings. HOW?!

Have you looked at the dirt sheet to see if there are any insights? Has your crowd been sitting at hot or very hot for a long time prior to the main event and do you have the perfect show theory preference turned on ( I think that’s what it’s called)?

I don’t have this issue with QAW but I’m also only medium. My main events are currently about 10 points higher than any other match.

This is the basic structure of the end of my card:

Match - Calm the Crowd - simmering

Match - regular - hot & rising

Angle - usually involving main eventers - White Hot

Main Event match - steal the show - very hot at end

At some point I’ll have to replace steal the show match aim because a 10 min match can’t be world class. Highest main event score I’ve hit with the above strategy is 82. The rest of the card is typically 55 -65 range.

• Like 2

Post some images of your shows it’s hard to tell without knowing product, show order etc

At a guess you have burned the crowd out like the poster above suggested.

If you have shows where you have had the results you wanted check out the format you did and the ratings and then try and replicate that format 

Structuring a card with two or three big matches at the top, in a row, will result in fan burn out.  I made this mistake for a PPV event.  A calm the crowd, or story telling, or even some angles/lesser-throwaway match in the pre-main is a good way I've found (and noted above) to keep the crowd from burning out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oneder216 said:

Does anyone know why the game almost always gives the main event an unusually low overall rating, when it always has the highest wrestling and crowd ratings? For example, one of my lower card tag matches had individual performances of  78, (two) 81's and an 84. The wrestling rating was no more than lower seventies, and the crowd rating was between 55-60. That segment received an 81 overall. My main event singles match had individual performances of 88 and 89. The wrestling rating was 88, and the crowd rating was 70. That match received a 79 overall. Even another tag match on the card had around the same wrestling and crowd ratings as the other tag match, with individual performances between 81 and 84. That match received an 82! My main events are always well booked, with the highest combined wrestling and crowd ratings, and always include at least 2 (depending on number of participants) of my top 6-8 wrestlers, as far as stats and popularity. But the game always gives my main event one of the lowest overall ratings. HOW?!

I would check the dirt sheet and it will tell you what is being penalised. I think the main event (in some products) needs to have a storyline attached to it. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the replies. The low ratings were because I was booking my main eventers who were in a storyline in separate matches. I was trying to add variety to the main events, so I could book my World champion in a title match on a TV show, and not have him continuously defeating his rival to defend the title. Once I realized I needed to keep putting the rivals in the main event, I just made non-title matches when I wanted the non-title holder to go over. Now my main events are almost always the highest rated match on the show. Thanks again for the replies!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oneder216 said:

Thank you guys for the replies. The low ratings were because I was booking my main eventers who were in a storyline in separate matches. I was trying to add variety to the main events, so I could book my World champion in a title match on a TV show, and not have him continuously defeating his rival to defend the title. Once I realized I needed to keep putting the rivals in the main event, I just made non-title matches when I wanted the non-title holder to go over. Now my main events are almost always the highest rated match on the show. Thanks again for the replies!

they don't have to face each other all the time, a run in from pf the parties or a distraction will do, They just have to be involved in the match, I personally always change my product to one that, that's not needed.

On 9/2/2024 at 11:19 PM, smmccallum said:

they don't have to face each other all the time, a run in from pf the parties or a distraction will do, They just have to be involved in the match, I personally always change my product to one that, that's not needed.

They can ever appear at ringside and not intervene, or do commentary.

• Like 1