Starting From Nothing

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[SIZE="3"][B][U]January 2008[/U][/B] It was really gonna happen. The bank had given me the £10,000 loan to start up my own promotion and i had already called most of the wrestlers i had met during my tenure at Ring Of Fire and got a few people to agree to do a show for me. And to make things all the more sweet, i had managed to get a few ROF-ers to work for me on a Pay-per-appearance deal. All i needed was a name. I had originally thought about naming it something that would be a slight at Ring of Fire, but realised that if it took off i would be stuck with that name. The final name was decided by Karl Dexter, Minor Annoyance and myself. We decided to name it after my home town. And thus the Port-South Wrestling Association was born or PWA as we referred to it. I went to my local community centre and practically begged them to let me put a show on there. They eventually gave in and i started on the flyer. Once finished i couldn't help but stick one to the door of British Samurai's house. On the flyer were the words "[B][U]Im not done yet!!![/U][/B]" [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwamarch.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Its strange how this story came about. I hadn't originally planned it this way. But when i saw in the news ticker about Petey Barnes friendships and Stevie Stoat and Justin Blackhams dislike of me, the idea began forming. Followed up by Remianen's message about cheating in Pure federations and i knew just how to play this.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][B][U]January 2008[/U][/B] It was really gonna happen. The bank had given me the £10,000 loan to start up my own promotion and i had already called most of the wrestlers i had met during my tenure at Ring Of Fire and got a few people to agree to do a show for me. And to make things all the more sweet, i had managed to get a few ROF-ers to work for me on a Pay-per-appearance deal. All i needed was a name. I had originally thought about naming it something that would be a slight at Ring of Fire, but realised that if it took off i would be stuck with that name. The final name was decided by Karl Dexter, Minor Annoyance and myself. We decided to name it after my home town. And thus the Port-South Wrestling Association was born or PWA as we referred to it. I went to my local community centre and practically begged them to let me put a show on there. They eventually gave in and i started on the flyer. Once finished i couldn't help but stick one to the door of British Samurai's house. On the flyer were the words "[B][U]Im not done yet!!![/U][/B]" [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwamarch.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Its strange how this story came about. I hadn't originally planned it this way. But when i saw in the news ticker about Petey Barnes friendships and Stevie Stoat and Justin Blackhams dislike of me, the idea began forming. Followed up by Remianen's message about cheating in Pure federations and i knew just how to play this.[/QUOTE]

New Promotion.. New Beginning [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwasmallcopy.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]March 2008[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]After working at Ring of Fire for a year, i was kinda used to their attendance. And as such was a bit put back by just 13 people turning up. It did however make my job of flyer dispensing all that much easier Each of the 13 were all personally welcomed and given this:[/SIZE] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwafreebiecopy.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]And then the event started...[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][CENTER][B][U][SIZE="5"]PWA March – 13 people at Buckland Community Centre[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER][/COLOR] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 1[/B][/COLOR][/size][SIZE="4"]Glen Ward [b]VS[/b] The Scotsman[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]They seems like 2 planks of wood out there but my announcers seemed be be doing there jobs well but the crowd seemed more interested in peering at Nina through the gap in the curtains. Finally Glen Ward pinned The Scotmans in 6:50. [I](Match Rating [/I][B]F[/B]) Once the pair of them were out the way Nina The Psycho Ballerina comes out and fired T-Shirts into the crowd. The sight of freebies seemed to cheer them all up ([I]Angle Rating [/I][B]B-[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 2[/B][/COLOR] [SIZE="4"]"Bullet" Bob Cronin [B]VS [/B]Jeff Amazon[/SIZE][/CENTER] Bullet Bob Cronin was really off his game tonight and the crowd i think could see it. They also seemed more interested in their free t-shirts than the match. Bullet Bob pinned Jeff Amazon by pinfall. ([I]Match Rating[/I] [B]F[/B]) I sent Nina back out to fires more T-Shirts into the crowd. Anything to take their minds of the matches ([I]Angle Rating[/I] [B]C+[/B]) [CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 3[/B][/COLOR] [SIZE="4"]Arthur T. Turtle [B]VS[/B] Ultra Fly by pinfall.[/SIZE][/CENTER] Who would have thought it. Either they had got bored of the free t-shirts or they actually enjoyed that match a little. A fairly short match won by Turtle's pinfall. ([I]Match Rating[/I] [B]D[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"](Final Rating [B]E[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]All in all. Not a bad first show. And we can only grow from here. Stealing someonne elses idea and putting quick results at the bottom.[/SIZE] [QUOTE][B]PWA March – 13 people at Buckland Community Centre[/B] Glen Ward [B]defeated [/B]The Scotsman in 6:50 by pinfall Bullet Bob Cronin [B]defeated[/b] Jeff Amazon in 5:37 by pinfall Arthur T. Turtle [B]defeated [/B]Ultra Fly in 5:21 by pinfall.[/QUOTE]

New Promotion.. New Beginning [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwasmallcopy.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]March 2008[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]After working at Ring of Fire for a year, i was kinda used to their attendance. And as such was a bit put back by just 13 people turning up. It did however make my job of flyer dispensing all that much easier Each of the 13 were all personally welcomed and given this:[/SIZE] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwafreebiecopy.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]And then the event started...[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][CENTER][B][U][SIZE="5"]PWA March – 13 people at Buckland Community Centre[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER][/COLOR] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 1[/B][/COLOR][/size][SIZE="4"]Glen Ward [b]VS[/b] The Scotsman[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"]They seems like 2 planks of wood out there but my announcers seemed be be doing there jobs well but the crowd seemed more interested in peering at Nina through the gap in the curtains. Finally Glen Ward pinned The Scotmans in 6:50. [I](Match Rating [/I][B]F[/B]) Once the pair of them were out the way Nina The Psycho Ballerina comes out and fired T-Shirts into the crowd. The sight of freebies seemed to cheer them all up ([I]Angle Rating [/I][B]B-[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 2[/B][/COLOR] [SIZE="4"]"Bullet" Bob Cronin [B]VS [/B]Jeff Amazon[/SIZE][/CENTER] Bullet Bob Cronin was really off his game tonight and the crowd i think could see it. They also seemed more interested in their free t-shirts than the match. Bullet Bob pinned Jeff Amazon by pinfall. ([I]Match Rating[/I] [B]F[/B]) I sent Nina back out to fires more T-Shirts into the crowd. Anything to take their minds of the matches ([I]Angle Rating[/I] [B]C+[/B]) [CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]Match 3[/B][/COLOR] [SIZE="4"]Arthur T. Turtle [B]VS[/B] Ultra Fly by pinfall.[/SIZE][/CENTER] Who would have thought it. Either they had got bored of the free t-shirts or they actually enjoyed that match a little. A fairly short match won by Turtle's pinfall. ([I]Match Rating[/I] [B]D[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"](Final Rating [B]E[/B])[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]All in all. Not a bad first show. And we can only grow from here. Stealing someonne elses idea and putting quick results at the bottom.[/SIZE] [QUOTE][B]PWA March – 13 people at Buckland Community Centre[/B] Glen Ward [B]defeated [/B]The Scotsman in 6:50 by pinfall Bullet Bob Cronin [B]defeated[/b] Jeff Amazon in 5:37 by pinfall Arthur T. Turtle [B]defeated [/B]Ultra Fly in 5:21 by pinfall.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;148845]It was starting to feel a bit depressing what with the being fired and then the rain starting to pour but now it's happy days! (minus 'The Fonz') Nice twist! :)[/QUOTE] Aww, screw it. Why not have the Fonz too: [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Imarevenant/Fonzie.jpg[/IMG] On a serious note, glad to see, you weren't out of work too long. And rock on with the Toby Juan Kanobi. Being the Star Wars fan that I am, I always wanted to hire him and Jeb, and just push them to the moon. :D

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;148845]It was starting to feel a bit depressing what with the being fired and then the rain starting to pour but now it's happy days! (minus 'The Fonz') Nice twist! :)[/QUOTE] Aww, screw it. Why not have the Fonz too: [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Imarevenant/Fonzie.jpg[/IMG] On a serious note, glad to see, you weren't out of work too long. And rock on with the Toby Juan Kanobi. Being the Star Wars fan that I am, I always wanted to hire him and Jeb, and just push them to the moon. :D

Cool diary. Your story has been quite amusing and has a good flow to it. I liked the way you got fired and then started up your own promotion, it was very realistic, and enjoyable. I bet it's happened just like that in real life at least once. Also to bad this isn't TEW 2007, otherwise you could build your promotion up and maybe get the chance to buy out ROF :D. Then you could make Stevie Stoat and British Samurai jobbers, and give them really lame gimmicks. *Insert evil laugh*

Cool diary. Your story has been quite amusing and has a good flow to it. I liked the way you got fired and then started up your own promotion, it was very realistic, and enjoyable. I bet it's happened just like that in real life at least once. Also to bad this isn't TEW 2007, otherwise you could build your promotion up and maybe get the chance to buy out ROF :D. Then you could make Stevie Stoat and British Samurai jobbers, and give them really lame gimmicks. *Insert evil laugh*

Well im hoping that i can carry this on when TEW 2007 come out. Thanks for the praise. Im kinda hoping that this diary will do quite well and scarily its near 1000 views already. I have almost got the next 2 years of stories pencilled in so we can only see how things go

Well im hoping that i can carry this on when TEW 2007 come out. Thanks for the praise. Im kinda hoping that this diary will do quite well and scarily its near 1000 views already. I have almost got the next 2 years of stories pencilled in so we can only see how things go

[QUOTE]From [url]www.pwa.co.uk[/url] Following on from the success of our first show, PWA is pleased to announce a tournament for the PWA Championship Belt starting at our April show. Over the next few months we will play host to: Arthur T. Turtle Vs Martyn Staddon Harry Wilson vs "Bullet" Bob Cronin Brilliant White Vs Puffy Craig Walker Vs Toby Juan Kanobi The winners of each will face off in the semi's and the final meeting in a cage match. We hope you all continue to come to our events. See you there[/QUOTE] ...

[QUOTE]From [url]www.pwa.co.uk[/url] Following on from the success of our first show, PWA is pleased to announce a tournament for the PWA Championship Belt starting at our April show. Over the next few months we will play host to: Arthur T. Turtle Vs Martyn Staddon Harry Wilson vs "Bullet" Bob Cronin Brilliant White Vs Puffy Craig Walker Vs Toby Juan Kanobi The winners of each will face off in the semi's and the final meeting in a cage match. We hope you all continue to come to our events. See you there[/QUOTE] ...

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwasmallcopy.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B][U]April 2008[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"]PWA April – 15 Attendance at Ferneham Hall[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B]Glen Ward VS Frank Simmons[/B] A quick opening match that wasn't bad by PWA standards. Simmons eventually got the tap out in 4:57 [B]Winner: Frank Simmons Match Rating: E[/B] [B]Toby Juans Intro[/B] Toby Juan Kanobi came to the ring and introduced himself, saying "My name is Toby Juan Kanobi and i have come to PWA with one agenda. And that is to be your first PWA Champion. And if dont win. I shall leave PWA. How is that for commitment to a cause". [B]Angle Rating: D[/B] [B]Evil Inc. VS Northerners [/B] Not such a bad match for the first official pairing of The Scotsman + Dublin Destroyer. Evil Inc. Seemed to have the upper hand until they starting brawling outside the ring. Both teams seemed oblivious to the count out and the ref called it a draw at 10. [B] Winner: Draw Match Rating: F[/B] [B]Special Appearance by Nina the Pyscho Ballerina[/B] Nina The Psycho Ballerina comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. Wearing a nurses outfit this week. [B]Angle Rating: B-[/B] [COLOR="Sienna"][B]Round 1 of the PWA Championship Tournament[/B][/COLOR] [B]Arthur T. Turtle VS Martyn Staddon[/B] Arthur T. Turtle seemed off his game tonight allowing Staddon to take the upper hand early. Turtle kicked out from a pin after Staddons Elevated Powerbomb and took the fight to Staddon. Turtle then managed to hit the Shellshock to score a pinfall and go through to the semi finals. [B]Winner: Arthur T. Turtle Match Rating: E Final Rating: E[/b] [QUOTE][B]Quick results for PWA April [/B] [I]Frank Simmons defeated Glen Ward in 4:57 by submission. Evil Inc. drew with Northerners in 5:20 following a double count out. Arthur T. Turtle defeated Martyn Staddon in 4:55 by pinfall [COLOR="Sienna"]in Round 1 of PWA Tournament[/COLOR].[/I][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/pwasmallcopy.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B][U]April 2008[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"]PWA April – 15 Attendance at Ferneham Hall[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B]Glen Ward VS Frank Simmons[/B] A quick opening match that wasn't bad by PWA standards. Simmons eventually got the tap out in 4:57 [B]Winner: Frank Simmons Match Rating: E[/B] [B]Toby Juans Intro[/B] Toby Juan Kanobi came to the ring and introduced himself, saying "My name is Toby Juan Kanobi and i have come to PWA with one agenda. And that is to be your first PWA Champion. And if dont win. I shall leave PWA. How is that for commitment to a cause". [B]Angle Rating: D[/B] [B]Evil Inc. VS Northerners [/B] Not such a bad match for the first official pairing of The Scotsman + Dublin Destroyer. Evil Inc. Seemed to have the upper hand until they starting brawling outside the ring. Both teams seemed oblivious to the count out and the ref called it a draw at 10. [B] Winner: Draw Match Rating: F[/B] [B]Special Appearance by Nina the Pyscho Ballerina[/B] Nina The Psycho Ballerina comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. Wearing a nurses outfit this week. [B]Angle Rating: B-[/B] [COLOR="Sienna"][B]Round 1 of the PWA Championship Tournament[/B][/COLOR] [B]Arthur T. Turtle VS Martyn Staddon[/B] Arthur T. Turtle seemed off his game tonight allowing Staddon to take the upper hand early. Turtle kicked out from a pin after Staddons Elevated Powerbomb and took the fight to Staddon. Turtle then managed to hit the Shellshock to score a pinfall and go through to the semi finals. [B]Winner: Arthur T. Turtle Match Rating: E Final Rating: E[/b] [QUOTE][B]Quick results for PWA April [/B] [I]Frank Simmons defeated Glen Ward in 4:57 by submission. Evil Inc. drew with Northerners in 5:20 following a double count out. Arthur T. Turtle defeated Martyn Staddon in 4:55 by pinfall [COLOR="Sienna"]in Round 1 of PWA Tournament[/COLOR].[/I][/QUOTE]

Archived