can't we all just get along?

no offense to anyone, but i've seen more bickering and crap talking ever since the announcement of tew2007 and the developer's journal. it's like everyone has to weigh in with their thoughts on the new features, which is awesome, but any sarcastic or easily disagreed upon opinion gets jumped all over by numerous people. some people might just have a negative outlook on a new feature, but get ripped for it. granted, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. or at least learn how to word it so you don't egg on other people to call you a moron. however, i've always thought of these forums as one of the most pleasant on the internet, but jesus, people, do we really need to nip at each other like this? it's borderline ridiculous. every m.f'er on this forum is obviously here strictly because they love them some tew (or wreslting spirit or the other grey dog offerings) and want to interact and learn with fellow players, or talk about what's going on their game. but all this bickering and lack of senses of humor is f'n stupid. sorry, had to say that, it's really been bugging me the past couple of days.... and i'm sure someone going to tell to shove it and stop talking out my ass, but i'm sure a few more people than just me have noticed and are annoyed by it too.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144602]no offense to anyone, but i've seen more bickering and crap talking ever since the announcement of tew2007 and the developer's journal. it's like everyone has to weigh in with their thoughts on the new features, which is awesome, but any sarcastic or easily disagreed upon opinion gets jumped all over by numerous people. some people might just have a negative outlook on a new feature, but get ripped for it. granted, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. or at least learn how to word it so you don't egg on other people to call you a moron. however, i've always thought of these forums as one of the most pleasant on the internet, but jesus, people, do we really need to nip at each other like this? it's borderline ridiculous. every m.f'er on this forum is obviously here strictly because they love them some tew (or wreslting spirit or the other grey dog offerings) and want to interact and learn with fellow players, or talk about what's going on their game. but all this bickering and lack of senses of humor is f'n stupid. sorry, had to say that, it's really been bugging me the past couple of days.... and i'm sure someone going to tell to shove it and stop talking out my ass, but i'm sure a few more people than just me have noticed and are annoyed by it too.[/QUOTE] Quoted for Truth

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144602]no offense to anyone, but i've seen more bickering and crap talking ever since the announcement of tew2007 and the developer's journal. it's like everyone has to weigh in with their thoughts on the new features, which is awesome, but any sarcastic or easily disagreed upon opinion gets jumped all over by numerous people. some people might just have a negative outlook on a new feature, but get ripped for it. granted, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. or at least learn how to word it so you don't egg on other people to call you a moron. however, i've always thought of these forums as one of the most pleasant on the internet, but jesus, people, do we really need to nip at each other like this? it's borderline ridiculous. every m.f'er on this forum is obviously here strictly because they love them some tew (or wreslting spirit or the other grey dog offerings) and want to interact and learn with fellow players, or talk about what's going on their game. but all this bickering and lack of senses of humor is f'n stupid. sorry, had to say that, it's really been bugging me the past couple of days.... and i'm sure someone going to tell to shove it and stop talking out my ass, but i'm sure a few more people than just me have noticed and are annoyed by it too.[/QUOTE] Quoted for Truth

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144602]can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE] *beats thug saint oga with a billyclub* Oops, sorry. Flashbacks. Seriously though, I've noticed some of my own posts having a venomous tone that I surely don't intend. I'm a believer in the "Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics....." expression so I try to refrain from it though I'm not always successful. But on the other hand, I think whenever you have a community of folks who are passionate about something, these kinds of spats will come up and it's not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine the alternative: Fanboi-land where everything is perfect (or made out to be) and everything is grand. Dissenting points of view give a developer a better view of how different users perceive things (or so I'm told). I think as long as the discussions don't dissolve into bubbling pools of vitriol, people debating features from their point of view is a good thing. After all, people who primarily play as WWE are going to have vastly different viewpoints from those who play as MAW or USPW or PGHW or AAA or even TCW.

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144602]can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE] *beats thug saint oga with a billyclub* Oops, sorry. Flashbacks. Seriously though, I've noticed some of my own posts having a venomous tone that I surely don't intend. I'm a believer in the "Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics....." expression so I try to refrain from it though I'm not always successful. But on the other hand, I think whenever you have a community of folks who are passionate about something, these kinds of spats will come up and it's not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine the alternative: Fanboi-land where everything is perfect (or made out to be) and everything is grand. Dissenting points of view give a developer a better view of how different users perceive things (or so I'm told). I think as long as the discussions don't dissolve into bubbling pools of vitriol, people debating features from their point of view is a good thing. After all, people who primarily play as WWE are going to have vastly different viewpoints from those who play as MAW or USPW or PGHW or AAA or even TCW.

you're right remi, disagreements aren't necessarily a bad thing. i'm not saying it's out of hand or anything, but i can see it getting that way, with certain members at least. for the most part, everything is all good, but there are a few who are quick to snap at someone for a statement that could be interpreted many different ways. plus sarcasm is hard to read. i'm guilty of that myself. just trying to get everyone to notice before it gets bad. it is kind of a little bi.tch post by me, but ya'know hey....i'm bored at work and i spend way too much time reading posts....we're all guilty of that....lol

you're right remi, disagreements aren't necessarily a bad thing. i'm not saying it's out of hand or anything, but i can see it getting that way, with certain members at least. for the most part, everything is all good, but there are a few who are quick to snap at someone for a statement that could be interpreted many different ways. plus sarcasm is hard to read. i'm guilty of that myself. just trying to get everyone to notice before it gets bad. it is kind of a little bi.tch post by me, but ya'know hey....i'm bored at work and i spend way too much time reading posts....we're all guilty of that....lol

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144617]you're right remi, disagreements aren't necessarily a bad thing. i'm not saying it's out of hand or anything, but i can see it getting that way, with certain members at least. for the most part, everything is all good, but there are a few who are quick to snap at someone for a statement that could be interpreted many different ways. plus sarcasm is hard to read. i'm guilty of that myself. just trying to get everyone to notice before it gets bad. it is kind of a little bi.tch post by me, but ya'know hey....i'm bored at work and i spend way too much time reading posts....we're all guilty of that....lol[/QUOTE] Sarcastic people should make friends with smileys! I'm quite a sarcastic person myself so you may have noticed smileys dotted around my messages. Better safe than sorry. :p

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;144617]you're right remi, disagreements aren't necessarily a bad thing. i'm not saying it's out of hand or anything, but i can see it getting that way, with certain members at least. for the most part, everything is all good, but there are a few who are quick to snap at someone for a statement that could be interpreted many different ways. plus sarcasm is hard to read. i'm guilty of that myself. just trying to get everyone to notice before it gets bad. it is kind of a little bi.tch post by me, but ya'know hey....i'm bored at work and i spend way too much time reading posts....we're all guilty of that....lol[/QUOTE] Sarcastic people should make friends with smileys! I'm quite a sarcastic person myself so you may have noticed smileys dotted around my messages. Better safe than sorry. :p

this forum in particular will always have disagreements. Its all whether something should be in the game or not and their will always be differing point of views. Ofcourse, some people may cross the line and get borderline offensive and ofcourse this causes fights. "I like the internet option" "I hate the internet option" "I think it makes the game stupid and ugly" "i think your wife is stupid and ugly" "GO 2 HELL STOOPID N0oB

this forum in particular will always have disagreements. Its all whether something should be in the game or not and their will always be differing point of views. Ofcourse, some people may cross the line and get borderline offensive and ofcourse this causes fights. "I like the internet option" "I hate the internet option" "I think it makes the game stupid and ugly" "i think your wife is stupid and ugly" "GO 2 HELL STOOPID N0oB

I haven't seen any bad comments. The only bad comments I have seen are people randomly bashing a feature, with no idea how it actually works, and no real reason to bash it. It's like: 'Such and such a feature is crap. I don't like it. What happens if it is too much. I it will ruin my game' I have seen too much of that. You want to say you dislike a feature, give a good reason, or else I will start calling you a moron.

I haven't seen any bad comments. The only bad comments I have seen are people randomly bashing a feature, with no idea how it actually works, and no real reason to bash it. It's like: 'Such and such a feature is crap. I don't like it. What happens if it is too much. I it will ruin my game' I have seen too much of that. You want to say you dislike a feature, give a good reason, or else I will start calling you a moron.

In response to the title of this post: No. If we all got along, then the world would be boring. Would you read a story or watch a movie without conflict? No. Would you listen to a friend tell you stories about his life if they always had no conflict? No. Conflict makes life interesting, and as long as there are disagreements and the very rare insult, I'll keep coming back to the GDS forums for more. Oh, and as long as Panix is trolling around.

In response to the title of this post: No. If we all got along, then the world would be boring. Would you read a story or watch a movie without conflict? No. Would you listen to a friend tell you stories about his life if they always had no conflict? No. Conflict makes life interesting, and as long as there are disagreements and the very rare insult, I'll keep coming back to the GDS forums for more. Oh, and as long as Panix is trolling around.

[QUOTE]Oh, and as long as Panix is trolling around.[/QUOTE] [U][B]HEY!!!![/B][/U]:mad: ok, fair point! I agree that the GDS boards are some of the friendliest around and i for one endeavour to keep it that way. However, i think spirited debate is also one of the things that makes this place great, i have had dis-agreements with people on here, but 90% of the time its with someone who's intellegent and adult enough to handle someone else's opinion - even the younger generation of posters on here are generally very mature and it makes for a vibrant, lively forum. Sometimes people can get a bit overly defensive over the new features, i have probably done it myself at times. I think its because a lot of people here have been playing Adam's games for a very long time, we all know the effort he put in both as a retail prodcut and when the game was freeware and we all feel an emotional connection with the game despite the fact we didn't program it. Its a bit like when someone slags of your nephew, sure you didn't make him, but that does not mean somebody will get away with calling him fat!

[QUOTE]Oh, and as long as Panix is trolling around.[/QUOTE] [U][B]HEY!!!![/B][/U]:mad: ok, fair point! I agree that the GDS boards are some of the friendliest around and i for one endeavour to keep it that way. However, i think spirited debate is also one of the things that makes this place great, i have had dis-agreements with people on here, but 90% of the time its with someone who's intellegent and adult enough to handle someone else's opinion - even the younger generation of posters on here are generally very mature and it makes for a vibrant, lively forum. Sometimes people can get a bit overly defensive over the new features, i have probably done it myself at times. I think its because a lot of people here have been playing Adam's games for a very long time, we all know the effort he put in both as a retail prodcut and when the game was freeware and we all feel an emotional connection with the game despite the fact we didn't program it. Its a bit like when someone slags of your nephew, sure you didn't make him, but that does not mean somebody will get away with calling him fat!

Yes they are, friendly, and you're always welcome. I've seen just two stupid "arguments"; Me vs. TCP1, I said something very stupid, and regret it. And I apogolized. Or how that word is written, don't remember. I said sorry. And I [B]promised[/B] to try his mods in TEW2007. The second funny thing was all people missing the comedy in Adam vs. Teemu situation, "if you havent tried WreSpi, you all suck" and etc.. and Teemus comment "another feuture to take away the fun" was misunderstood. This is the best forum ever. And let's keep it that way. :) I think it's just all big misunderstanding.

Yes they are, friendly, and you're always welcome. I've seen just two stupid "arguments"; Me vs. TCP1, I said something very stupid, and regret it. And I apogolized. Or how that word is written, don't remember. I said sorry. And I [B]promised[/B] to try his mods in TEW2007. The second funny thing was all people missing the comedy in Adam vs. Teemu situation, "if you havent tried WreSpi, you all suck" and etc.. and Teemus comment "another feuture to take away the fun" was misunderstood. This is the best forum ever. And let's keep it that way. :) I think it's just all big misunderstanding.

Archived