• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=panix04;146663]:eek: pointless threads? I hope your not referring to the ones i tend to start most mornings, i think they are very useful. And only one in 10 of them turn into full blown arguments![/QUOTE] If you are talking about the OFFICIAL threads about the features, No. I love your threads Panix

[QUOTE=panix04;146663]:eek: pointless threads? I hope your not referring to the ones i tend to start most mornings, i think they are very useful. And only one in 10 of them turn into full blown arguments![/QUOTE] If you are talking about the OFFICIAL threads about the features, No. I love your threads Panix

[QUOTE=TCP1;146720]Panix I just saw your post count. Honestly I go away for 2 weeks and you speed ahead! Do you even have a job? On topic, me, Anubis, D-Lyrium and Panix should be testers. Maybe Lukiep too. :)[/QUOTE] lol, i have ascended in to complete trolldom, even posting on threads i only find vaguely interesting! I am one step away from owning the forums with '+1 posts'! I do have a job, but i work in IT, im also doing a degree with the open university so with all the studying i do during the night i feel obliged to relax at work and post on here!

[QUOTE=TCP1;146720]Panix I just saw your post count. Honestly I go away for 2 weeks and you speed ahead! Do you even have a job? On topic, me, Anubis, D-Lyrium and Panix should be testers. Maybe Lukiep too. :)[/QUOTE] lol, i have ascended in to complete trolldom, even posting on threads i only find vaguely interesting! I am one step away from owning the forums with '+1 posts'! I do have a job, but i work in IT, im also doing a degree with the open university so with all the studying i do during the night i feel obliged to relax at work and post on here!

Some games have open beta's, where everyone is invited to download and play the game (usually MMORPG's), but they tend to be huge games with millions of subroutines, some of which are very rarely ever used, so the bugs in them hardly ever get to surface. TEW is comparitively tiny. You don't need hundreds of people to test a game of this scale, because there isn't a great deal to test (comparitively). Yeah, a few bugs are bound to creep through, but there are still bugs in World of Warcraft, and that went gold two years ago and has millions of players... Besides, the demo is usually used as a beta test stage by Adam anway. Why let us play a game full of bugs, that isn't even finished, when we can play the finished article and report anything that doesn't work properly? At least at that stage we know it's SUPPOSED to work properly. Of course being a beta tester would be great, but there's simply no point in having hundreds of them. 3000 people all reporting the same bug, that Adam already knows about, isn't going to help anyone, is it?

Some games have open beta's, where everyone is invited to download and play the game (usually MMORPG's), but they tend to be huge games with millions of subroutines, some of which are very rarely ever used, so the bugs in them hardly ever get to surface. TEW is comparitively tiny. You don't need hundreds of people to test a game of this scale, because there isn't a great deal to test (comparitively). Yeah, a few bugs are bound to creep through, but there are still bugs in World of Warcraft, and that went gold two years ago and has millions of players... Besides, the demo is usually used as a beta test stage by Adam anway. Why let us play a game full of bugs, that isn't even finished, when we can play the finished article and report anything that doesn't work properly? At least at that stage we know it's SUPPOSED to work properly. Of course being a beta tester would be great, but there's simply no point in having hundreds of them. 3000 people all reporting the same bug, that Adam already knows about, isn't going to help anyone, is it?

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;146762]hahahaha... your a fool... lol I believe that Adam should hire Oompa Loompas to do the beta testing, and report errors back to him, in the form of song. Oompa Loompa, doopety doo, I have found a problem for you...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=TCP1;146767]What do you get if you play for 10 years, watching triple H dominate through fear. What do you think of the one you call Rock, isn't his absence slight-ly odd. He's off making moovies![/QUOTE] I do reckon we've got a theme song for TEW 07.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;146762]hahahaha... your a fool... lol I believe that Adam should hire Oompa Loompas to do the beta testing, and report errors back to him, in the form of song. Oompa Loompa, doopety doo, I have found a problem for you...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=TCP1;146767]What do you get if you play for 10 years, watching triple H dominate through fear. What do you think of the one you call Rock, isn't his absence slight-ly odd. He's off making moovies![/QUOTE] I do reckon we've got a theme song for TEW 07.

[QUOTE=panix04;146756]your right about there being lots of bugs in mmorpg's, i occasionaly play Star Wars galaxies and there are still tons of bugs in that.[/QUOTE] Panix, Panix, Panix. I feel for you man, I really do. I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself and got sucked into SWG (spent almost 3 years as a Smuggler on Corbantis). I do miss the old game and my old guild-mates, but my advice for you is to make a clean break. Just rip it off like you would a band-aid. Believe me you'll be happier and better for it. ;) {on a side note; The NGE is pure ****, I tell ya}

[QUOTE=panix04;146756]your right about there being lots of bugs in mmorpg's, i occasionaly play Star Wars galaxies and there are still tons of bugs in that.[/QUOTE] Panix, Panix, Panix. I feel for you man, I really do. I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself and got sucked into SWG (spent almost 3 years as a Smuggler on Corbantis). I do miss the old game and my old guild-mates, but my advice for you is to make a clean break. Just rip it off like you would a band-aid. Believe me you'll be happier and better for it. ;) {on a side note; The NGE is pure ****, I tell ya}

Archived