Tournament Title

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really love this idea, it will add a bit extra to one of the PPV's every year. What would be really nice is to have a couple of different options on it though - i know these are largely based on the WWE (which will instantly make the idea a tad unpopular) but it would be cool to have a battle royal tournament that way you could simulate the royal rumble and it would be cool to be able to simulate money-in-the-bank matches too.

i really love this idea, it will add a bit extra to one of the PPV's every year. What would be really nice is to have a couple of different options on it though - i know these are largely based on the WWE (which will instantly make the idea a tad unpopular) but it would be cool to have a battle royal tournament that way you could simulate the royal rumble and it would be cool to be able to simulate money-in-the-bank matches too.

This is a fantastic addition, and the TCP means fantastic. Finally we can accurately simulate the King of the Ring Tourney in 1993 and the Crocket Cup in 1983. One quick question, does it have to be tournament only? What I mean is, can you have, say, the Royal Rumble simulated in this way? I think that would be rather cool!

This is a fantastic addition, and the TCP means fantastic. Finally we can accurately simulate the King of the Ring Tourney in 1993 and the Crocket Cup in 1983. One quick question, does it have to be tournament only? What I mean is, can you have, say, the Royal Rumble simulated in this way? I think that would be rather cool!

Well, the idea was a good one, but it sounds like poor implementation. Eight people only? I know I would (and have) suggested putting not just tournament titles in, but also full-fledged tournament bracket options. This way is far too limited. I like to go all the way to 128 myself, like in sports tournaments like tennis and such. It would be much better if you could just fill out the seed numbers and then have the game arrange the brackets by tournament format automatically, with selections of up to 128 people. This feature is simply too limited, and even though I'm no programmer, I find it hard to believe that it would be difficult to program in support for seeding/brackets and up to 128 people. Thumbs in the middle. Good idea, very poor execution. I hope Mr. Ryland reconsiders and adds in support for seeding/brackets and more people. Eight is just too limited for my tastes.

Well, the idea was a good one, but it sounds like poor implementation. Eight people only? I know I would (and have) suggested putting not just tournament titles in, but also full-fledged tournament bracket options. This way is far too limited. I like to go all the way to 128 myself, like in sports tournaments like tennis and such. It would be much better if you could just fill out the seed numbers and then have the game arrange the brackets by tournament format automatically, with selections of up to 128 people. This feature is simply too limited, and even though I'm no programmer, I find it hard to believe that it would be difficult to program in support for seeding/brackets and up to 128 people. Thumbs in the middle. Good idea, very poor execution. I hope Mr. Ryland reconsiders and adds in support for seeding/brackets and more people. Eight is just too limited for my tastes.

I really don't understand, why people want a 128-man tourney. That just doesn't make any sense. How do you organize a 128-man tourney with MAW, for example. :D Only the international/Global promotion's could arrange that kinda HUGE tourney. I really don't see any reason, why there should be a 128 man tourney. 8 is good. And it fits in well, there's not too many matches and things to do. All in all, 128 is far too much.

I really don't understand, why people want a 128-man tourney. That just doesn't make any sense. How do you organize a 128-man tourney with MAW, for example. :D Only the international/Global promotion's could arrange that kinda HUGE tourney. I really don't see any reason, why there should be a 128 man tourney. 8 is good. And it fits in well, there's not too many matches and things to do. All in all, 128 is far too much.

[QUOTE=FINisher;150343]I really don't understand, why people want a 128-man tourney. That just doesn't make any sense. How do you organize a 128-man tourney with MAW, for example. :D Only the international/Global promotion's could arrange that kinda HUGE tourney. I really don't see any reason, why there should be a 128 man tourney. 8 is good. And it fits in well, there's not too many matches and things to do. All in all, 128 is far too much.[/QUOTE] 128 may be a tad excessive given how few people would use that many but I don't think there can be argument that the capability of running 16 or 32 man tourneys would be a great idea. In Japan they often run huge tournaments. Personally I've always felt it was a bit limiting to have to go for straight 1v1 matches in tourneys. In lots of tournaments around the world these days you can have first rounds with triples threats. CZW's annual 'Best of the Best' has used that format for years. 8 triples threat matches, 1 elimination. The Suriving 2 from each match then advance to a straight 16 man tourney. I think we all want versatility. The tournament feature is still looking a bit basic & limiting for me.

[QUOTE=FINisher;150343]I really don't understand, why people want a 128-man tourney. That just doesn't make any sense. How do you organize a 128-man tourney with MAW, for example. :D Only the international/Global promotion's could arrange that kinda HUGE tourney. I really don't see any reason, why there should be a 128 man tourney. 8 is good. And it fits in well, there's not too many matches and things to do. All in all, 128 is far too much.[/QUOTE] 128 may be a tad excessive given how few people would use that many but I don't think there can be argument that the capability of running 16 or 32 man tourneys would be a great idea. In Japan they often run huge tournaments. Personally I've always felt it was a bit limiting to have to go for straight 1v1 matches in tourneys. In lots of tournaments around the world these days you can have first rounds with triples threats. CZW's annual 'Best of the Best' has used that format for years. 8 triples threat matches, 1 elimination. The Suriving 2 from each match then advance to a straight 16 man tourney. I think we all want versatility. The tournament feature is still looking a bit basic & limiting for me.

Archived