Tournament Title

Yeah Anubis, learn to read! :D But seriously, I misread too. I can't wait for Adam to say "Today's developer journal focus' on Tournaments. You can now properly simulate up to 64-man tournaments, with brackets and it does not count as a storyline!"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Anubis, learn to read! :D But seriously, I misread too. I can't wait for Adam to say "Today's developer journal focus' on Tournaments. You can now properly simulate up to 64-man tournaments, with brackets and it does not count as a storyline!"

Well if human-controlled tournaments are still to come, I suppose I can give tournament titles a thumbs up, but I'll still be watching! I'm just[i]begging[/i] that [i]accurate[/i] seeding support and bracket making will be added into the game, and I'm also [i]begging[/i] for support for up to at least 128 people in a tournament. I would just use tournament software and a bunch of singles matches, but for some reason, all the bracket software makers out there all charge a ludicrous amount of money (like $100, freaking insane BS there) for what should be a very freaking simple program. So I'm begging to have it actually in the game so I don't have to bother with that nonsense from other software anymore. This would be my favorite feature ever, Mr. Ryland, so [i]please[/i] put it in! Heck, if you're not certain how seeding and brackets work (which is understandable, as a lot of people don't know exactly which seed goes where), just ask, I can help with that!

Well if human-controlled tournaments are still to come, I suppose I can give tournament titles a thumbs up, but I'll still be watching! I'm just[i]begging[/i] that [i]accurate[/i] seeding support and bracket making will be added into the game, and I'm also [i]begging[/i] for support for up to at least 128 people in a tournament. I would just use tournament software and a bunch of singles matches, but for some reason, all the bracket software makers out there all charge a ludicrous amount of money (like $100, freaking insane BS there) for what should be a very freaking simple program. So I'm begging to have it actually in the game so I don't have to bother with that nonsense from other software anymore. This would be my favorite feature ever, Mr. Ryland, so [i]please[/i] put it in! Heck, if you're not certain how seeding and brackets work (which is understandable, as a lot of people don't know exactly which seed goes where), just ask, I can help with that!

[QUOTE=Anubis;150454]Well if human-controlled tournaments are still to come, I suppose I can give tournament titles a thumbs up, but I'll still be watching! I'm just[i]begging[/i] that [i]accurate[/i] seeding support and bracket making will be added into the game, and I'm also [i]begging[/i] for support for up to at least 128 people in a tournament. I would just use tournament software and a bunch of singles matches, but for some reason, all the bracket software makers out there all charge a ludicrous amount of money (like $100, freaking insane BS there) for what should be a very freaking simple program. So I'm begging to have it actually in the game so I don't have to bother with that nonsense from other software anymore. This would be my favorite feature ever, Mr. Ryland, so [i]please[/i] put it in! Heck, if you're not certain how seeding and brackets work (which is understandable, as a lot of people don't know exactly which seed goes where), just ask, I can help with that![/QUOTE] doesn't 1 match up with 128, 2 with 127 and so on?

[QUOTE=Anubis;150454]Well if human-controlled tournaments are still to come, I suppose I can give tournament titles a thumbs up, but I'll still be watching! I'm just[i]begging[/i] that [i]accurate[/i] seeding support and bracket making will be added into the game, and I'm also [i]begging[/i] for support for up to at least 128 people in a tournament. I would just use tournament software and a bunch of singles matches, but for some reason, all the bracket software makers out there all charge a ludicrous amount of money (like $100, freaking insane BS there) for what should be a very freaking simple program. So I'm begging to have it actually in the game so I don't have to bother with that nonsense from other software anymore. This would be my favorite feature ever, Mr. Ryland, so [i]please[/i] put it in! Heck, if you're not certain how seeding and brackets work (which is understandable, as a lot of people don't know exactly which seed goes where), just ask, I can help with that![/QUOTE] doesn't 1 match up with 128, 2 with 127 and so on?

Adam Is One Man Making A Game To Make Everyone Happy, Now We All Know This Cant Always Happen But Come On I Think Certain Individuals Are Being A Tad Harsh In The Criticisms Being Made, I Think Some Are Being Very Rude To Adam, He Is Making The Game And Right Now We Have Not Played It So We Cannot Be Critical Of Anything...... Yet Give The Guy A Break!!!!! If You Dont Like A Feature Fair Enough, But Let Adam Make The Game Before We Tell Him What We Want To Change. Thank You For Reading Rant Is.............over

Adam Is One Man Making A Game To Make Everyone Happy, Now We All Know This Cant Always Happen But Come On I Think Certain Individuals Are Being A Tad Harsh In The Criticisms Being Made, I Think Some Are Being Very Rude To Adam, He Is Making The Game And Right Now We Have Not Played It So We Cannot Be Critical Of Anything...... Yet Give The Guy A Break!!!!! If You Dont Like A Feature Fair Enough, But Let Adam Make The Game Before We Tell Him What We Want To Change. Thank You For Reading Rant Is.............over

[QUOTE=amishman84;150488]Adam Is One Man Making A Game To Make Everyone Happy, Now We All Know This Cant Always Happen But Come On I Think Certain Individuals Are Being A Tad Harsh In The Criticisms Being Made, I Think Some Are Being Very Rude To Adam, He Is Making The Game And Right Now We Have Not Played It So We Cannot Be Critical Of Anything...... Yet Give The Guy A Break!!!!! If You Dont Like A Feature Fair Enough, But Let Adam Make The Game Before We Tell Him What We Want To Change. Thank You For Reading Rant Is.............over[/QUOTE] The problem is really a communication one. I don't know if it's a problem with Adam not being clear enough or us just misunderstanding him. I'll admit when I first read it I envisioned a tournament system but after re-reading it that's obviously not what Adam wrote. While I'm still not 100% sure how it works for the user, I assume we just assign the title like any-other to any match during that month, I think instead of bashing Adam we should ask for clarification. Also reading his posts several times before jumping on our soap box wouldn't hurt either.

[QUOTE=amishman84;150488]Adam Is One Man Making A Game To Make Everyone Happy, Now We All Know This Cant Always Happen But Come On I Think Certain Individuals Are Being A Tad Harsh In The Criticisms Being Made, I Think Some Are Being Very Rude To Adam, He Is Making The Game And Right Now We Have Not Played It So We Cannot Be Critical Of Anything...... Yet Give The Guy A Break!!!!! If You Dont Like A Feature Fair Enough, But Let Adam Make The Game Before We Tell Him What We Want To Change. Thank You For Reading Rant Is.............over[/QUOTE] The problem is really a communication one. I don't know if it's a problem with Adam not being clear enough or us just misunderstanding him. I'll admit when I first read it I envisioned a tournament system but after re-reading it that's obviously not what Adam wrote. While I'm still not 100% sure how it works for the user, I assume we just assign the title like any-other to any match during that month, I think instead of bashing Adam we should ask for clarification. Also reading his posts several times before jumping on our soap box wouldn't hurt either.

From what Adam has clarified, just the ability to have a tournament title and book our OWN way to winning it is. AKA Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, X Cup...I don't want to be putting words in Adam's mouth, but we can already book a tournament using storylines...and don't tournaments already revolve around storylines anyway? Basically what I'm saying is it's a great feature and adds well to the AI and background of the game and it at least gives us the option of holding a Royal Rumble/MITB/KOTR type thing and it meaning something.

From what Adam has clarified, just the ability to have a tournament title and book our OWN way to winning it is. AKA Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, X Cup...I don't want to be putting words in Adam's mouth, but we can already book a tournament using storylines...and don't tournaments already revolve around storylines anyway? Basically what I'm saying is it's a great feature and adds well to the AI and background of the game and it at least gives us the option of holding a Royal Rumble/MITB/KOTR type thing and it meaning something.

Archived