Tournament Title

Realistically, an 8-man tournament in one show is pretty much going to take up the whole show (with maybe one other "main event" level match-up outside the tourney), so 8 people seems pretty right on. Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific? For example, if I wanted to simulate the IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament, would I be able to stipulate that the tournament only be made up of a certain type of match, or matches with a certain basis (I.E. hardcore-based matches only)? I'd be more than happy to just use my imagination to book these in my own feds, but I was more concerned with A.I. controlled promotions. Thanks, Stu

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realistically, an 8-man tournament in one show is pretty much going to take up the whole show (with maybe one other "main event" level match-up outside the tourney), so 8 people seems pretty right on. Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific? For example, if I wanted to simulate the IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament, would I be able to stipulate that the tournament only be made up of a certain type of match, or matches with a certain basis (I.E. hardcore-based matches only)? I'd be more than happy to just use my imagination to book these in my own feds, but I was more concerned with A.I. controlled promotions. Thanks, Stu

Well to be honest, Trashbear, if an AI promotion is playing IWA and does the King of the Deathmatch tournament, you're not going to be able to see if they're all hardcore matches anyways. And if you're the one running IWA, you can just make all the tournament matches hardcore matches. Adam never says you'd be forced just to book normal singles matches. I assume if you wanted to book a 6-man tournament consisting of only Hell in a Cell matches, you could. Personally, I just love the idea as I was thinking about it just the other day, hoping that a system of tournaments was in the game. 8 slots only sounds good to me, if it's only a one day thing, but if I can have a tournament throughout the month then I would like the option to expand the number of slots for the tournament.

Well to be honest, Trashbear, if an AI promotion is playing IWA and does the King of the Deathmatch tournament, you're not going to be able to see if they're all hardcore matches anyways. And if you're the one running IWA, you can just make all the tournament matches hardcore matches. Adam never says you'd be forced just to book normal singles matches. I assume if you wanted to book a 6-man tournament consisting of only Hell in a Cell matches, you could. Personally, I just love the idea as I was thinking about it just the other day, hoping that a system of tournaments was in the game. 8 slots only sounds good to me, if it's only a one day thing, but if I can have a tournament throughout the month then I would like the option to expand the number of slots for the tournament.

[QUOTE=The Franchise;150353]Well to be honest, Trashbear, if an AI promotion is playing IWA and does the King of the Deathmatch tournament, you're not going to be able to see if they're all hardcore matches anyways. [/QUOTE] Yeah uh...hmm...well, you got me there. I guess I'm just another one of those dudes that craves ultra-realistic simulation. Although with the new fatigue system, a gimmick match tourney may produce a bigger change in fatigue levels than a regular one. But you're right, that'd pretty much be the only thing you'd see if it was an A.I. promotion. As long as I can personally book gimmick matches for the tourneys, I'm a happy man.

[QUOTE=The Franchise;150353]Well to be honest, Trashbear, if an AI promotion is playing IWA and does the King of the Deathmatch tournament, you're not going to be able to see if they're all hardcore matches anyways. [/QUOTE] Yeah uh...hmm...well, you got me there. I guess I'm just another one of those dudes that craves ultra-realistic simulation. Although with the new fatigue system, a gimmick match tourney may produce a bigger change in fatigue levels than a regular one. But you're right, that'd pretty much be the only thing you'd see if it was an A.I. promotion. As long as I can personally book gimmick matches for the tourneys, I'm a happy man.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;150348][B]Realistically, an 8-man tournament in one show is pretty much going to take up the whole show (with maybe one other "main event" level match-up outside the tourney), so 8 people seems pretty right on.[/B] Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific? For example, if I wanted to simulate the IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament, would I be able to stipulate that the tournament only be made up of a certain type of match, or matches with a certain basis (I.E. hardcore-based matches only)? I'd be more than happy to just use my imagination to book these in my own feds, but I was more concerned with A.I. controlled promotions. Thanks, Stu[/QUOTE] But who says we'd want to hold our tournament on just one show. Sometimes we might feel like it, other times we may want spread it out. The versatility of the game is essential. I think its not just realistic to have the option to have bigger tournaments, I actually think its pretty unrealstic to not have the option of expanding the tournament to say 16 or at a push 32. I really don't see the problem, surely it can only be a good thing to have the option. What harm can it do?

[QUOTE=Trashbear;150348][B]Realistically, an 8-man tournament in one show is pretty much going to take up the whole show (with maybe one other "main event" level match-up outside the tourney), so 8 people seems pretty right on.[/B] Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific? For example, if I wanted to simulate the IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament, would I be able to stipulate that the tournament only be made up of a certain type of match, or matches with a certain basis (I.E. hardcore-based matches only)? I'd be more than happy to just use my imagination to book these in my own feds, but I was more concerned with A.I. controlled promotions. Thanks, Stu[/QUOTE] But who says we'd want to hold our tournament on just one show. Sometimes we might feel like it, other times we may want spread it out. The versatility of the game is essential. I think its not just realistic to have the option to have bigger tournaments, I actually think its pretty unrealstic to not have the option of expanding the tournament to say 16 or at a push 32. I really don't see the problem, surely it can only be a good thing to have the option. What harm can it do?

My main question is whether or not I will get a "You used Wrestler X far too much in this show." problems for the shows where there is a tournament. If so then companies like MAW would not be able to hold a successful show. Dave would maybe be able to use only 1/4th its roster (after SWF does its normal pilliage). Not sure if you're reading these post and I realize its a picky issue, but any comment Adam?

My main question is whether or not I will get a "You used Wrestler X far too much in this show." problems for the shows where there is a tournament. If so then companies like MAW would not be able to hold a successful show. Dave would maybe be able to use only 1/4th its roster (after SWF does its normal pilliage). Not sure if you're reading these post and I realize its a picky issue, but any comment Adam?

[QUOTE=Marco;150356]But who says we'd want to hold our tournament on just one show. Sometimes we might feel like it, other times we may want spread it out. The versatility of the game is essential. I think its not just realistic to have the option to have bigger tournaments, I actually think its pretty unrealstic to not have the option of expanding the tournament to say 16 or at a push 32. I really don't see the problem, surely it can only be a good thing to have the option. What harm can it do?[/QUOTE] I guess the thing to do would be to create a storyline featuring eight participants facing off in 4 matches (but not a tournament as at this point we'd only be qualifying people for the big tournament), and then the same storyline again with 8 other people. Granted, it'd be nice to have this as one fluid deal, but with a little work you can simulate a 16 person tourney, or at least an 8 men tournament with qualifiers.

[QUOTE=Marco;150356]But who says we'd want to hold our tournament on just one show. Sometimes we might feel like it, other times we may want spread it out. The versatility of the game is essential. I think its not just realistic to have the option to have bigger tournaments, I actually think its pretty unrealstic to not have the option of expanding the tournament to say 16 or at a push 32. I really don't see the problem, surely it can only be a good thing to have the option. What harm can it do?[/QUOTE] I guess the thing to do would be to create a storyline featuring eight participants facing off in 4 matches (but not a tournament as at this point we'd only be qualifying people for the big tournament), and then the same storyline again with 8 other people. Granted, it'd be nice to have this as one fluid deal, but with a little work you can simulate a 16 person tourney, or at least an 8 men tournament with qualifiers.

Apparently some of you only managed to skim-read the entry. The size and format of the tournaments given in the examples are for [U]AI CONTROLLED PROMOTIONS[/U]. As it [I]specifically[/I] says in the penultimate paragraph, if the belt is in a user-controlled promotion then you are not forced to follow the same example.

Apparently some of you only managed to skim-read the entry. The size and format of the tournaments given in the examples are for [U]AI CONTROLLED PROMOTIONS[/U]. As it [I]specifically[/I] says in the penultimate paragraph, if the belt is in a user-controlled promotion then you are not forced to follow the same example.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150367]Apparently some of you only managed to skim-read the entry. The size and format of the tournaments given in the examples are for [U]AI CONTROLLED PROMOTIONS[/U]. As it [I]specifically[/I] says in the penultimate paragraph, if the belt is in a user-controlled promotion then you are not forced to follow the same example.[/QUOTE] I am guessing all we would do is make the tourny title up for grabs in the final match like a normal title match. Correct?

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150367]Apparently some of you only managed to skim-read the entry. The size and format of the tournaments given in the examples are for [U]AI CONTROLLED PROMOTIONS[/U]. As it [I]specifically[/I] says in the penultimate paragraph, if the belt is in a user-controlled promotion then you are not forced to follow the same example.[/QUOTE] I am guessing all we would do is make the tourny title up for grabs in the final match like a normal title match. Correct?

[QUOTE=foolinc;150373]I am guessing all we would do is make the tourny title up for grabs in the final match like a normal title match. Correct?[/QUOTE] You can do whatever you want with it. The main point of them is that the AI will use them correctly, booking them as a proper tournament. If you want to have a tournament title defended weekly in a battle royal with only female competitors then that's cool, it's totally up to you - you're the booker remember, there'd be no point in having a feature that limited you're booking ability seeing as that's the main point of the game!

[QUOTE=foolinc;150373]I am guessing all we would do is make the tourny title up for grabs in the final match like a normal title match. Correct?[/QUOTE] You can do whatever you want with it. The main point of them is that the AI will use them correctly, booking them as a proper tournament. If you want to have a tournament title defended weekly in a battle royal with only female competitors then that's cool, it's totally up to you - you're the booker remember, there'd be no point in having a feature that limited you're booking ability seeing as that's the main point of the game!

Archived