MMA, Reality Shows, and shoots...

Damn, such hostility for such a simple question. I don't see a problem with Dragonkingkarl wanted to run a Ultimate Fighter or Tough Enough style show using TEW. hell, such versatility in a program is typically considered a bonus, not something to gripe about. If people want a straight up MMA simulator they can always use the [URL="http://www.stonedmonkeysoftware.com/main1/"]No Holds Barred[/URL] simulator. If they want to use a program that simulates how well interviews go over with crowds, then TEW is well-suited.

Damn, such hostility for such a simple question. I don't see a problem with Dragonkingkarl wanted to run a Ultimate Fighter or Tough Enough style show using TEW. hell, such versatility in a program is typically considered a bonus, not something to gripe about. If people want a straight up MMA simulator they can always use the [URL="http://www.stonedmonkeysoftware.com/main1/"]No Holds Barred[/URL] simulator. If they want to use a program that simulates how well interviews go over with crowds, then TEW is well-suited.

[QUOTE=Travis;150849]One thing I've never liked about trying to do the Hybrid/MMA style is the booking feature. In real MMA, you don't have the 2 fighters and say you need to work the crowd and put on the best match possible. [/QUOTE] You don't think Dana has a word maybe in the workers ear and says 'Hey hows about trying to get the crowd on your back a little...ect" and you dont think Tito/Sham is legit? they are both UFC boys...its a semi-work. I think.

[QUOTE=Travis;150849]One thing I've never liked about trying to do the Hybrid/MMA style is the booking feature. In real MMA, you don't have the 2 fighters and say you need to work the crowd and put on the best match possible. [/QUOTE] You don't think Dana has a word maybe in the workers ear and says 'Hey hows about trying to get the crowd on your back a little...ect" and you dont think Tito/Sham is legit? they are both UFC boys...its a semi-work. I think.

Well, I for one believe that a good worked-shoot promotion that plays out like reality is not only possible, but easy. I did exactly that in my e-fed. It ran stories like a soap opera (or an action movie) and had "real" fights. You just have to know how to push the product is all. The real world isn't ready for something like this, but on a wrestling simulator, it's very easy to pull off.

Well, I for one believe that a good worked-shoot promotion that plays out like reality is not only possible, but easy. I did exactly that in my e-fed. It ran stories like a soap opera (or an action movie) and had "real" fights. You just have to know how to push the product is all. The real world isn't ready for something like this, but on a wrestling simulator, it's very easy to pull off.

[QUOTE]Also, I'd love to see a feature where you could do legit shoots. Basically you don't pick a winner in the booking screen and instead of the road agent picking the winner (which I assume is how it works now) the winner is based on something like shooting skills or MMA skills. Then you could do a realistic UFC type promotion. Just book the matches and let whoever has the highest "MMA skills" or "Shooting skills" win. Of course you may could throw in an occassional upset too.[/QUOTE] Suggestion: To simulate this "manually", take the MMA or Shooting skill and use its numeric equilvalent (F-0 to A*=10) and add a die roll (two conventional six sided or whatever) to it. The one with the highest skill plus die roll wins the fight. The die roll adds the random element but using two six sided (bell curve) ensures that the more skilled fighter wins most of the time. If you don't care about randomness then its even easier, just pick the one with the better relevant skill as the winner. I know its not elegant and a little extra work but it might be workable.

[QUOTE]Also, I'd love to see a feature where you could do legit shoots. Basically you don't pick a winner in the booking screen and instead of the road agent picking the winner (which I assume is how it works now) the winner is based on something like shooting skills or MMA skills. Then you could do a realistic UFC type promotion. Just book the matches and let whoever has the highest "MMA skills" or "Shooting skills" win. Of course you may could throw in an occassional upset too.[/QUOTE] Suggestion: To simulate this "manually", take the MMA or Shooting skill and use its numeric equilvalent (F-0 to A*=10) and add a die roll (two conventional six sided or whatever) to it. The one with the highest skill plus die roll wins the fight. The die roll adds the random element but using two six sided (bell curve) ensures that the more skilled fighter wins most of the time. If you don't care about randomness then its even easier, just pick the one with the better relevant skill as the winner. I know its not elegant and a little extra work but it might be workable.

[QUOTE=rufas2000;151364]Suggestion: To simulate this "manually", take the MMA or Shooting skill and use its numeric equilvalent (F-0 to A*=10) and add a die roll (two conventional six sided or whatever) to it. The one with the highest skill plus die roll wins the fight. The die roll adds the random element but using two six sided (bell curve) ensures that the more skilled fighter wins most of the time. If you don't care about randomness then its even easier, just pick the one with the better relevant skill as the winner. I know its not elegant and a little extra work but it might be workable.[/QUOTE] QFT

[QUOTE=rufas2000;151364]Suggestion: To simulate this "manually", take the MMA or Shooting skill and use its numeric equilvalent (F-0 to A*=10) and add a die roll (two conventional six sided or whatever) to it. The one with the highest skill plus die roll wins the fight. The die roll adds the random element but using two six sided (bell curve) ensures that the more skilled fighter wins most of the time. If you don't care about randomness then its even easier, just pick the one with the better relevant skill as the winner. I know its not elegant and a little extra work but it might be workable.[/QUOTE] QFT

Archived