MMA, Reality Shows, and shoots...

Let me first say I love TEW 2005 and am waiting on pins and needles for the new game. Now let me throw a few ideas out there that I'd like to see considered. First, I'd love to see a way to do a reality type show like The Ultimate Fighter. I currently do one with TEW2005 but the one hour show always bombs with the crowd because there are "too many angles and not enough wrestling segments". It would be cool if there was a style that could be set where you could do a one hour show with a bunch of angles (like training skits and stuff) and still have only one or two matches without the crowd hating it. It would also fix the problem if you could do a reality show without a crowd and the wrestlers could be rated on acting and entertainment. I'd love to be able to do an Ultimate Fighter or Tough Enough style show in the new game. Also, I'd love to see a feature where you could do legit shoots. Basically you don't pick a winner in the booking screen and instead of the road agent picking the winner (which I assume is how it works now) the winner is based on something like shooting skills or MMA skills. Then you could do a realistic UFC type promotion. Just book the matches and let whoever has the highest "MMA skills" or "Shooting skills" win. Of course you may could throw in an occassional upset too.

Promotions are no longer from a preset style list. If you read the Aug 11th developer post it'll give you all the juicy details. So the answer to your first question as quoted from Adam: "Match Ratio: This defines what ratio of matches-to-angles the fans can expect. This was a "hidden" value in TEW05 that came with the style you were using, and was the reason behind messages like "the fans were turned off by the amount of angles you were using". " So it sounds like your first scenario is definitely possible.

Promotions are no longer from a preset style list. If you read the Aug 11th developer post it'll give you all the juicy details. So the answer to your first question as quoted from Adam: "Match Ratio: This defines what ratio of matches-to-angles the fans can expect. This was a "hidden" value in TEW05 that came with the style you were using, and was the reason behind messages like "the fans were turned off by the amount of angles you were using". " So it sounds like your first scenario is definitely possible.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;150817]I believe stuff like this was suggested IN THE CORRECT FORUM before and Adam turned it down. This is a wrestling simular, not an MMA simulator. If you want to simulate MMA and run non-wrestling TV shows, go make your own simulator.[/QUOTE] Your rude, it seems like more and more people get off on putting other people down. I'd say more but I made my point.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;150817]I believe stuff like this was suggested IN THE CORRECT FORUM before and Adam turned it down. This is a wrestling simular, not an MMA simulator. If you want to simulate MMA and run non-wrestling TV shows, go make your own simulator.[/QUOTE] Your rude, it seems like more and more people get off on putting other people down. I'd say more but I made my point.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;150817]I believe stuff like this was suggested IN THE CORRECT FORUM before and Adam turned it down. This is a wrestling simular, not an MMA simulator. If you want to simulate MMA and run non-wrestling TV shows, go make your own simulator.[/QUOTE] Which forum would that be smart ass. That's my biggest complaint about the Grey Dog stuff there are 10,000 forums and who the hell knows where to post anything. Maybe just screw the new game.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;150817]I believe stuff like this was suggested IN THE CORRECT FORUM before and Adam turned it down. This is a wrestling simular, not an MMA simulator. If you want to simulate MMA and run non-wrestling TV shows, go make your own simulator.[/QUOTE] Which forum would that be smart ass. That's my biggest complaint about the Grey Dog stuff there are 10,000 forums and who the hell knows where to post anything. Maybe just screw the new game.

lol yeah... the suggestions forum is where suggestions go.. I could be wrong... but I'm not. Sorry if it seemed like I was being insulting, but I simply posted an answer similar to what Adam gave to that suggestion before. And I don't think anyone else really has a problem with the number of forums.. I know that I've figured it out just fine.

lol yeah... the suggestions forum is where suggestions go.. I could be wrong... but I'm not. Sorry if it seemed like I was being insulting, but I simply posted an answer similar to what Adam gave to that suggestion before. And I don't think anyone else really has a problem with the number of forums.. I know that I've figured it out just fine.

[QUOTE=dragonkingkarl;150839]Which forum would that be smart ass. That's my biggest complaint about the Grey Dog stuff there are 10,000 forums and who the hell knows where to post anything. Maybe just screw the new game.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73[/url] - Not sure if link will work, but it's under TEW2005 header, and under that is the Total Extreme Wrestling Suggestions. Your right, the reason this one is hard to find, is because your trying to add an idea that is not in previous games. You wouldn't think it would be in a thread that has 2005 as it's header. So you add it to the one that say's 2007, as it's the only one that "sounds" like something for the future. For people that have been here a while, it's really easy to navigate, and for me it's getting easier and easier, like anything else. Sometime's people forget everyone was not a part of the forum's and posted 500 time's yet. Really people, take a look at how many posts people have made before picking on them. The OP made 13 TOTAL posts, and probably filled with nothing but praise for the game(s) in question. There is nothing more childish then "picking on the new kid in school". For the OP, it was explained that all the new feature's are already planned, and there is no way you can squeeze anything into the TEW2007 version at this time, or it will soon be called 2008, lol. However....... In the Developer's Journal (stickied at the top of these forum threads), which I think you should look at, Adam explain's the new promotion style's, and how YOU may be able to actually get what you want (or really close). Here is a couple bit's I have copied/pasted for you, but I think you should really take a look at them:-) "One of the biggest changes from the previous TEW game is that the pre-set promotion styles (Cutting Edge, Hybrid, Hardcore, etc) have been removed, replaced by the newest feature, Product. Essentially, it's almost a direct replacement; whereas in TEW05 you were forced to use one of the pre-set styles, which defined the AI the promotion would use and what its shows were like, the new Product feature allows you to create and customise your very own style. Basically you are defining what your promotion is all about, and telling the fans what they can expect to see. It is split up as follows..." And he goes on to explain (this is the part I think you will like) the different things you can add to your promotion (As much, or as little, 100% or 0%, or any in between). "Realism: This is the Japanese style of working realistically, where you build up with low-level strikes and holds. Hyper Realism: This is where there is an MMA-influence (NB: This does not mean the promotion is a legit shoot, it means that it is blending a lot of MMA techniques and concepts into a wrestling product)." Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=dragonkingkarl;150839]Which forum would that be smart ass. That's my biggest complaint about the Grey Dog stuff there are 10,000 forums and who the hell knows where to post anything. Maybe just screw the new game.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73[/url] - Not sure if link will work, but it's under TEW2005 header, and under that is the Total Extreme Wrestling Suggestions. Your right, the reason this one is hard to find, is because your trying to add an idea that is not in previous games. You wouldn't think it would be in a thread that has 2005 as it's header. So you add it to the one that say's 2007, as it's the only one that "sounds" like something for the future. For people that have been here a while, it's really easy to navigate, and for me it's getting easier and easier, like anything else. Sometime's people forget everyone was not a part of the forum's and posted 500 time's yet. Really people, take a look at how many posts people have made before picking on them. The OP made 13 TOTAL posts, and probably filled with nothing but praise for the game(s) in question. There is nothing more childish then "picking on the new kid in school". For the OP, it was explained that all the new feature's are already planned, and there is no way you can squeeze anything into the TEW2007 version at this time, or it will soon be called 2008, lol. However....... In the Developer's Journal (stickied at the top of these forum threads), which I think you should look at, Adam explain's the new promotion style's, and how YOU may be able to actually get what you want (or really close). Here is a couple bit's I have copied/pasted for you, but I think you should really take a look at them:-) "One of the biggest changes from the previous TEW game is that the pre-set promotion styles (Cutting Edge, Hybrid, Hardcore, etc) have been removed, replaced by the newest feature, Product. Essentially, it's almost a direct replacement; whereas in TEW05 you were forced to use one of the pre-set styles, which defined the AI the promotion would use and what its shows were like, the new Product feature allows you to create and customise your very own style. Basically you are defining what your promotion is all about, and telling the fans what they can expect to see. It is split up as follows..." And he goes on to explain (this is the part I think you will like) the different things you can add to your promotion (As much, or as little, 100% or 0%, or any in between). "Realism: This is the Japanese style of working realistically, where you build up with low-level strikes and holds. Hyper Realism: This is where there is an MMA-influence (NB: This does not mean the promotion is a legit shoot, it means that it is blending a lot of MMA techniques and concepts into a wrestling product)." Hope this helps.

One thing I've never liked about trying to do the Hybrid/MMA style is the booking feature. In real MMA, you don't have the 2 fighters and say you need to work the crowd and put on the best match possible. All they do is go out there and try to beat the living crap out of the other person as fast as they can. That entertains the crowd more than seeing a headlock and having the 2 fighters cooperating so the other can do a move on them. It doesn't work well with a pro wrestling simulator so I don't really try to make those kindof companies in the game.

One thing I've never liked about trying to do the Hybrid/MMA style is the booking feature. In real MMA, you don't have the 2 fighters and say you need to work the crowd and put on the best match possible. All they do is go out there and try to beat the living crap out of the other person as fast as they can. That entertains the crowd more than seeing a headlock and having the 2 fighters cooperating so the other can do a move on them. It doesn't work well with a pro wrestling simulator so I don't really try to make those kindof companies in the game.

In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)

In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;150853]In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)[/QUOTE] Shhhhhhhh!!!! Your going to ruin it for them!!!

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;150853]In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)[/QUOTE] Shhhhhhhh!!!! Your going to ruin it for them!!!

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;150853]In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)[/QUOTE] Just like boxing, right? :D

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;150853]In a hybrid promotion, you still pick a winner. It's called worked-shoot. UWF, UWF#2, UWF-i, PANCRASE (to some extent), RINGS, KINGDOM, Capture International all followed that hybrid style, and they were all worked (PANCRASE became legit later on... supposedly :P)[/QUOTE] Just like boxing, right? :D

Archived