best ever wrestling game

panix04

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;155391]I should point out that, like Wrestle Kingdom, Giant Gram is Japan-only, so you'd need to find somewhere that sells imports (and have the ability to play them on your console).[/QUOTE] I already know a few places that do imports (if I can find the links again!) but a mate of mine lives in Japan so i'm sure i'll be able to get it one way or another. ;)

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;155391]I should point out that, like Wrestle Kingdom, Giant Gram is Japan-only, so you'd need to find somewhere that sells imports (and have the ability to play them on your console).[/QUOTE] I already know a few places that do imports (if I can find the links again!) but a mate of mine lives in Japan so i'm sure i'll be able to get it one way or another. ;)

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;155385]I'm very much looking forward to Wrestle Kingdom for the Xbox 360, seems to be No Mercy for the next generation consoles but with Japanese wrestlers. :D[/QUOTE] If you like the Smackdown games you will probably enjoy it. Personally once I finished unlocking everything I stoped playing it. Not really a fan of the gameplay (it's very much like a Smackdown/DoR mix) adn createing wrestlers is a pain as you must take them through the season mode to unlock moves (everytime you unlock moves it unlocks them for that edit only) and you can only unlock certain ones with each guy and you have to take the right path to do so. My favs are (not including TEW and WS) in no particular order No Mercy, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Giant Gram, King Of Colosseum 2, the NJPW Toukon Retsuden series and Fire Pro Wrestling Series (currently the new one is the best FP Returns). FPW is so raved about mostly becasue of it's huge roster selection (default 327) as well as tons of edit slots (500) totaling a possible 827 wrestlers in one game. It also has the largest move selection of any wrestling game I believe (though KOC2 may beat it). But one of it's biggest assets is the logic system. Every wrestler has extensive logic settings (the defaults in game aren't the best as many go for big moves far too early). Things like give a guy priority logic so after a certain move he will follow up with another move. Though it's limited as the follow up move must be to a downed oppponent. You pick the frequency of every move and can make someone you create wrestle exactly like you want him/her too. If ya want the best info on the game check out [url]www.fireproclub.com[/url] they also have lots of info for KOC2 and other japanese wrestling games (Wrestle Kingdom, All Star Pro Wrestling, etc.). [U][B]Importers[/B][/U] [url]http://www.ncsx.com/[/url] [url]http://www.japanvideogames.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;155385]I'm very much looking forward to Wrestle Kingdom for the Xbox 360, seems to be No Mercy for the next generation consoles but with Japanese wrestlers. :D[/QUOTE] If you like the Smackdown games you will probably enjoy it. Personally once I finished unlocking everything I stoped playing it. Not really a fan of the gameplay (it's very much like a Smackdown/DoR mix) adn createing wrestlers is a pain as you must take them through the season mode to unlock moves (everytime you unlock moves it unlocks them for that edit only) and you can only unlock certain ones with each guy and you have to take the right path to do so. My favs are (not including TEW and WS) in no particular order No Mercy, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Giant Gram, King Of Colosseum 2, the NJPW Toukon Retsuden series and Fire Pro Wrestling Series (currently the new one is the best FP Returns). FPW is so raved about mostly becasue of it's huge roster selection (default 327) as well as tons of edit slots (500) totaling a possible 827 wrestlers in one game. It also has the largest move selection of any wrestling game I believe (though KOC2 may beat it). But one of it's biggest assets is the logic system. Every wrestler has extensive logic settings (the defaults in game aren't the best as many go for big moves far too early). Things like give a guy priority logic so after a certain move he will follow up with another move. Though it's limited as the follow up move must be to a downed oppponent. You pick the frequency of every move and can make someone you create wrestle exactly like you want him/her too. If ya want the best info on the game check out [url]www.fireproclub.com[/url] they also have lots of info for KOC2 and other japanese wrestling games (Wrestle Kingdom, All Star Pro Wrestling, etc.). [U][B]Importers[/B][/U] [url]http://www.ncsx.com/[/url] [url]http://www.japanvideogames.com/[/url]

No Mercy on N64. Played it more than any other (Except EWR/TEW) and even my mates played and they don't like wrestling. I always hated Raw vs Smackdown series because it was all style. Why someone doesn't just take the No Mercy engine and build off that is beyond me!

No Mercy on N64. Played it more than any other (Except EWR/TEW) and even my mates played and they don't like wrestling. I always hated Raw vs Smackdown series because it was all style. Why someone doesn't just take the No Mercy engine and build off that is beyond me!

bar none, 100% NO MERCY!!! i'm actually going to my buddy's house to play it tonight. it's funny that a couple of mid-twenties guys make plans to hang out for the sole purpose of playing WWF No Mercy. the graphics are good enough to hold up today, not mind-blowing or anything, but it's not NES quality.....if you know what i mean. it's the gameplay that i love. i always found with the smackdown series, while the graphics are nice, the gameplay was not up to no mercy's, therefore making it more of a chore. it seems generic. to me at least. no mercy is most fun with other people, preferably with triple threat matches. we have had 80 minute triple ladder matches. it's greatness..... i talk more crap to my friends during a grueling match than any other time. do yourself a favor and pick it up. you will NOT regret it.

bar none, 100% NO MERCY!!! i'm actually going to my buddy's house to play it tonight. it's funny that a couple of mid-twenties guys make plans to hang out for the sole purpose of playing WWF No Mercy. the graphics are good enough to hold up today, not mind-blowing or anything, but it's not NES quality.....if you know what i mean. it's the gameplay that i love. i always found with the smackdown series, while the graphics are nice, the gameplay was not up to no mercy's, therefore making it more of a chore. it seems generic. to me at least. no mercy is most fun with other people, preferably with triple threat matches. we have had 80 minute triple ladder matches. it's greatness..... i talk more crap to my friends during a grueling match than any other time. do yourself a favor and pick it up. you will NOT regret it.

[QUOTE=TCP1;155400]Why someone doesn't just take the No Mercy engine and build off that is beyond me![/QUOTE] I read an interview with aj styles on ign.com that he and samoa joe are helping with the new tna game they are making. here is a direct quote: [B]IGN Sports: Are you a gamer? AJ Styles: I'm quite the gamer. It's my parents fault, they got me addicted to them a long time ago when they bought me a Nintendo, and I've just loved videogames ever since. You name the system, I've got it. That's why I really believe the TNA game is going to be so great. They're bringing in me and Samoa Joe as consultants, and all the ideas we had for the game, these guys pretty much already had. That's really exciting for guys who love wrestling games. We're going to bring things back to the way they were on the N64. Easy to play, hard to master. [/B] i like TNA, i like N64 wrestling games.....i like where they are headed with this.

[QUOTE=TCP1;155400]Why someone doesn't just take the No Mercy engine and build off that is beyond me![/QUOTE] I read an interview with aj styles on ign.com that he and samoa joe are helping with the new tna game they are making. here is a direct quote: [B]IGN Sports: Are you a gamer? AJ Styles: I'm quite the gamer. It's my parents fault, they got me addicted to them a long time ago when they bought me a Nintendo, and I've just loved videogames ever since. You name the system, I've got it. That's why I really believe the TNA game is going to be so great. They're bringing in me and Samoa Joe as consultants, and all the ideas we had for the game, these guys pretty much already had. That's really exciting for guys who love wrestling games. We're going to bring things back to the way they were on the N64. Easy to play, hard to master. [/B] i like TNA, i like N64 wrestling games.....i like where they are headed with this.

I never played No Mercy so I would have to say WCW/NWO Revenge, followed by Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain. On a side note, there was this arcade-style game for the SNES called Saturday Night Slam-Masters. The controls were basic but it was fast-paced wrestling goodness. Until I got my N64 that was probably my favorite wrestling game, and is still an awesome multi-player game.

I never played No Mercy so I would have to say WCW/NWO Revenge, followed by Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain. On a side note, there was this arcade-style game for the SNES called Saturday Night Slam-Masters. The controls were basic but it was fast-paced wrestling goodness. Until I got my N64 that was probably my favorite wrestling game, and is still an awesome multi-player game.

Id have to say my two favorite are No Mercy and (this one comes out of left feild) Def Jam. The first Def Jam game built upon the mechanics of No Mercy in a big way and added a bunch of really cool finishers (very arcady but still cool). I always got board with Raw vs Smackdown and WWE Raw (1&2) had to be the worst wrestling game ever. Now it had some really cool things, like the create an entrance was awesome and the ability to add you own custom soundtracks was off the charts. However the gameplay itself had me turning the game off in a matter of minutes. Also I just found out that we may not be getting Raw vs Smackdown 2007. This is from GameInformer.com [COLOR="Blue"]According to a statement released today by THQ, World Wrestling Entertainment filed a lawsuit against the company on October 12 in Connecticut state court. The complaints stem from a claim previously reported in Securities and Exchange Commission filings concerning allegedly improper sales of WWE video games in Japan and other countries in Asia. The lawsuit seeks, among other things, a declaration that the WWE is entitled to terminate the video game license and monetary damages. THQ said in a statement that they "believe the lawsuit is without merit and intend to defend [themselves] vigorously." It's hard to imagine the WWE wanting to sever the THQ wrestling agreement. The series sells quite well and the games are generally well-reviewed. It's almost like the NFL saying "You know what, EA? We think we're getting a raw deal on this Madden thing. We want out!"[/COLOR] Here is the link [url]http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200610/N06.1019.1133.30582.htm[/url] I for one would not be heartbroken if the game did not come out. I played the demo on the Xbox 360 and I found nothing to get excited about. Here Comes The Pain was the best in the series bar none and when they decided to add voice overs they killed the game. I loved the fact that you could take people in the season mode and change there brands. In the new game with the voice overs you could not do that. I just got board with them and what not. I still have No Mercy to this day and I play it every now and again when I dont feel like TEW to get my wrestling fill.

Id have to say my two favorite are No Mercy and (this one comes out of left feild) Def Jam. The first Def Jam game built upon the mechanics of No Mercy in a big way and added a bunch of really cool finishers (very arcady but still cool). I always got board with Raw vs Smackdown and WWE Raw (1&2) had to be the worst wrestling game ever. Now it had some really cool things, like the create an entrance was awesome and the ability to add you own custom soundtracks was off the charts. However the gameplay itself had me turning the game off in a matter of minutes. Also I just found out that we may not be getting Raw vs Smackdown 2007. This is from GameInformer.com [COLOR="Blue"]According to a statement released today by THQ, World Wrestling Entertainment filed a lawsuit against the company on October 12 in Connecticut state court. The complaints stem from a claim previously reported in Securities and Exchange Commission filings concerning allegedly improper sales of WWE video games in Japan and other countries in Asia. The lawsuit seeks, among other things, a declaration that the WWE is entitled to terminate the video game license and monetary damages. THQ said in a statement that they "believe the lawsuit is without merit and intend to defend [themselves] vigorously." It's hard to imagine the WWE wanting to sever the THQ wrestling agreement. The series sells quite well and the games are generally well-reviewed. It's almost like the NFL saying "You know what, EA? We think we're getting a raw deal on this Madden thing. We want out!"[/COLOR] Here is the link [url]http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200610/N06.1019.1133.30582.htm[/url] I for one would not be heartbroken if the game did not come out. I played the demo on the Xbox 360 and I found nothing to get excited about. Here Comes The Pain was the best in the series bar none and when they decided to add voice overs they killed the game. I loved the fact that you could take people in the season mode and change there brands. In the new game with the voice overs you could not do that. I just got board with them and what not. I still have No Mercy to this day and I play it every now and again when I dont feel like TEW to get my wrestling fill.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155375]Wrong Taker. WCW vs NWO: Revenge. For the Nintendo 64.[/QUOTE] I like that game, but I go w/ no mercy... it's a close race though... Adam, I played Giant Gram back when I had my Dreamcast, actually on my friends Dreamcast... very good choice my friend..

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155375]Wrong Taker. WCW vs NWO: Revenge. For the Nintendo 64.[/QUOTE] I like that game, but I go w/ no mercy... it's a close race though... Adam, I played Giant Gram back when I had my Dreamcast, actually on my friends Dreamcast... very good choice my friend..

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;155398]So Wrestle Kingdom is more like Smackdown than No Mercy? Well that's disappointing. :( "Damn you Gamespot for your misleading Hands-On report!" [I]*shakes fist*[/I][/QUOTE] It's got some elements that may remind you of No Mercy as the DoR games have some elements from it (like your spirit meter building up to a special) but it deffinately plays alot more like smackdown then anything. Stallion the games would still see daylight and make just as much as Yukes would still be behind them. Wrestle Kingdom didn't have THQ envolvement I don't think but it was still pretty much the same game. So I think you would see the series continue as if nothing happened. They may even get better as Yukes has shown they have love for Pro Wrestling (proven when they purchased controlling shares in NJPW).

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;155398]So Wrestle Kingdom is more like Smackdown than No Mercy? Well that's disappointing. :( "Damn you Gamespot for your misleading Hands-On report!" [I]*shakes fist*[/I][/QUOTE] It's got some elements that may remind you of No Mercy as the DoR games have some elements from it (like your spirit meter building up to a special) but it deffinately plays alot more like smackdown then anything. Stallion the games would still see daylight and make just as much as Yukes would still be behind them. Wrestle Kingdom didn't have THQ envolvement I don't think but it was still pretty much the same game. So I think you would see the series continue as if nothing happened. They may even get better as Yukes has shown they have love for Pro Wrestling (proven when they purchased controlling shares in NJPW).

Archived