A question regarding interference and support at ringside

Hi. In TEW05 there is no option to have stars at ringside supporting their friend or tag team partner. You can only have stars interfere in matches by attacking thier opponents at the moment. using WWE as an example if they had Paul London vs Kid Kash, with Brian Kendrick at ringside from the start and Jamie Noble at ringside from the start, they wouldn't necessarily have to get involved. They could be used in a way of say Noble tries to interfere but Kendrick stops him getting involved. You can't do this atm and it is very restricting. Will more interference/ringside support options be included in TEW07? Sorry if this has been mentioned but this is the first time I have entered this particular forum.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;156627]I don't think an option for ringside support is really needed, as it would have no real effect on anything to do with the match ratings or mechanics.[/QUOTE] I think that it would be adequate to move a feud forward. Take, for example, the feud with Trish and Mickie James where Beth Phoenix was in the ring with Lita, and Trish was at ringside. It helped the feud between Mickie and Trish. Also had a bit of a Phoenix/James feud going, as well.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;156627]I don't think an option for ringside support is really needed, as it would have no real effect on anything to do with the match ratings or mechanics.[/QUOTE] I think that it would be adequate to move a feud forward. Take, for example, the feud with Trish and Mickie James where Beth Phoenix was in the ring with Lita, and Trish was at ringside. It helped the feud between Mickie and Trish. Also had a bit of a Phoenix/James feud going, as well.

Plus, it seems like it would help out a rising star, (like Alex Shelley perhaps), to have an established superstar, (such as Kevin Nash), in his corner. It also seems like if a wrestler had a little ringside support, then the player could book, (or overbook), that involvement to his liking, and affect the match rating for better or worse. Though I guess technically, you could already do this with a little imagination.... :confused:

Plus, it seems like it would help out a rising star, (like Alex Shelley perhaps), to have an established superstar, (such as Kevin Nash), in his corner. It also seems like if a wrestler had a little ringside support, then the player could book, (or overbook), that involvement to his liking, and affect the match rating for better or worse. Though I guess technically, you could already do this with a little imagination.... :confused:

Thanks for the replies. Payne and DVDwarrior have hit the nail right on the head. As I say with having people at ringside, they don't necessarliy have to interfere, or one of them could attack the other one but not get involved with the stars in the match. Also as DVD said it could be a great way to get a new star noticed by associating them with an established star.

Thanks for the replies. Payne and DVDwarrior have hit the nail right on the head. As I say with having people at ringside, they don't necessarliy have to interfere, or one of them could attack the other one but not get involved with the stars in the match. Also as DVD said it could be a great way to get a new star noticed by associating them with an established star.

Foolinc, that doesn't help in a case where you want a wrestler at ringisde for one match. Ie if you have a tag team feud and during thefued there is a one on one match between a man from each team and the other man from each team is at ringside, as already stated previously. Also the situation mentioned with the divas. Setting them as manager is not the answer. An option to have someone at ringside supporting a star is needed.

Foolinc, that doesn't help in a case where you want a wrestler at ringisde for one match. Ie if you have a tag team feud and during thefued there is a one on one match between a man from each team and the other man from each team is at ringside, as already stated previously. Also the situation mentioned with the divas. Setting them as manager is not the answer. An option to have someone at ringside supporting a star is needed.

[QUOTE=sebsy;156781]Foolinc, that doesn't help in a case where you want a wrestler at ringisde for one match. Ie if you have a tag team feud and during thefued there is a one on one match between a man from each team and the other man from each team is at ringside, as already stated previously. [/QUOTE] Why, set them as a manager for one match, then delete them afterwards. How does that not work? [QUOTE] Also the situation mentioned with the divas. Setting them as manager is not the answer. An option to have someone at ringside supporting a star is needed.[/QUOTE] Why? What's the difference?

[QUOTE=sebsy;156781]Foolinc, that doesn't help in a case where you want a wrestler at ringisde for one match. Ie if you have a tag team feud and during thefued there is a one on one match between a man from each team and the other man from each team is at ringside, as already stated previously. [/QUOTE] Why, set them as a manager for one match, then delete them afterwards. How does that not work? [QUOTE] Also the situation mentioned with the divas. Setting them as manager is not the answer. An option to have someone at ringside supporting a star is needed.[/QUOTE] Why? What's the difference?

If you set someone as a manager even for one week, then they are with that worker in everything they do for that show. For example, if you tried to do something similar to the Gunnar Scott/Chris Benoit thing a while back. You'd have to place Benoit as his manager for one week and then Gunnar wouldn't be able to do any interviews or other angles on that show otherwise Benoit would be there with him. I would actually like to see something about putting a worker out there for support and helping to boost some lower carders that are struggling to get over. Maybe a match type with the ability to place a worker (or workers) at ringside for it.

If you set someone as a manager even for one week, then they are with that worker in everything they do for that show. For example, if you tried to do something similar to the Gunnar Scott/Chris Benoit thing a while back. You'd have to place Benoit as his manager for one week and then Gunnar wouldn't be able to do any interviews or other angles on that show otherwise Benoit would be there with him. I would actually like to see something about putting a worker out there for support and helping to boost some lower carders that are struggling to get over. Maybe a match type with the ability to place a worker (or workers) at ringside for it.

I wish this option did exist. If for nothing more than having tag partners or stable mates in the corner of the wrestler they are aligned with. Even if they don't do anything, at least they would be on t.v. that week in a way that makes sense and might not complain for not being used. :)

I wish this option did exist. If for nothing more than having tag partners or stable mates in the corner of the wrestler they are aligned with. Even if they don't do anything, at least they would be on t.v. that week in a way that makes sense and might not complain for not being used. :)

Archived