Does the D.O.T.T. mod seem harder than the regular data?

Guest codey

Whenever I play with the default data, I have no problem winning matches with a RTL wrestler, yet when I play DOTT I can't seem to pick up hardly any wins at all, and even when facing much lesser workers, I get destroyed for most of the match. Is it harder or something, or am I just in a slump?

I created the data to be harder. Move damages and whatnot are scaled for the late 70s/early 80s; an era where the majority of higher level moves were still lethal. Whereas modern stuff is basically all about the setup, I wanted D.O.T.T. to be a fight from the opening bell. Also, I really wanted a RtL career to feel like an actual wrestling career; i.e., starting off a scrub and staying there for a decent amount of time while you learned the ins and outs. The many stories about 92-1, multiple-time World Champ by the age of 18 Rookie-to-Legends was something I wanted to avoid.

I created the data to be harder. Move damages and whatnot are scaled for the late 70s/early 80s; an era where the majority of higher level moves were still lethal. Whereas modern stuff is basically all about the setup, I wanted D.O.T.T. to be a fight from the opening bell. Also, I really wanted a RtL career to feel like an actual wrestling career; i.e., starting off a scrub and staying there for a decent amount of time while you learned the ins and outs. The many stories about 92-1, multiple-time World Champ by the age of 18 Rookie-to-Legends was something I wanted to avoid.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;158214]I created the data to be harder. Move damages and whatnot are scaled for the late 70s/early 80s; an era where the majority of higher level moves were still lethal. Whereas modern stuff is basically all about the setup, I wanted D.O.T.T. to be a fight from the opening bell. Also, I really wanted a RtL career to feel like an actual wrestling career; i.e., starting off a scrub and staying there for a decent amount of time while you learned the ins and outs. The many stories about 92-1, multiple-time World Champ by the age of 18 Rookie-to-Legends was something I wanted to avoid.[/QUOTE] Sadly,that is a biggest problems with the business since the territories went away and the business became open.......It used to be that except for a few special exceptions,a wrestler would often spend 5 more years "on the bottom",learning how to work matches,etc.It was common for a worker a worker to toil away until at his mid/late 20's or 30's before getting a big run. Nowadays,places like WWE recruit guys into OVW,1 year of training,and they are in the Upper Midcard or Main Event in their early 20's,sometimes still in the late teens;I guess they didn't do their homework and check into how that worked out for Tommy Rich.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;158214]I created the data to be harder. Move damages and whatnot are scaled for the late 70s/early 80s; an era where the majority of higher level moves were still lethal. Whereas modern stuff is basically all about the setup, I wanted D.O.T.T. to be a fight from the opening bell. Also, I really wanted a RtL career to feel like an actual wrestling career; i.e., starting off a scrub and staying there for a decent amount of time while you learned the ins and outs. The many stories about 92-1, multiple-time World Champ by the age of 18 Rookie-to-Legends was something I wanted to avoid.[/QUOTE] Sadly,that is a biggest problems with the business since the territories went away and the business became open.......It used to be that except for a few special exceptions,a wrestler would often spend 5 more years "on the bottom",learning how to work matches,etc.It was common for a worker a worker to toil away until at his mid/late 20's or 30's before getting a big run. Nowadays,places like WWE recruit guys into OVW,1 year of training,and they are in the Upper Midcard or Main Event in their early 20's,sometimes still in the late teens;I guess they didn't do their homework and check into how that worked out for Tommy Rich.

I think gaining overness is easier in DOTT just because you have a nice selection of regional promotions to take you on at the beginning, and they're all running weekly shows, so of course you'll gain overness quicker. But I also agree that it can be tough to start out with an RtL game, because you basically play the role of job guy until you can start to upgrade your stats. But hey, like Boon said, that's pretty indicative of the time, when you'd start out and guys would beat you mercilessly to try and discourage you and also toughen you up. If you could hang in there and also give some of it back, they started to accept you. Ah, the good old days, when heels were heels and babyfaces didn't throw punches. Makes me a little teary-eyed just thinking about it.

I think gaining overness is easier in DOTT just because you have a nice selection of regional promotions to take you on at the beginning, and they're all running weekly shows, so of course you'll gain overness quicker. But I also agree that it can be tough to start out with an RtL game, because you basically play the role of job guy until you can start to upgrade your stats. But hey, like Boon said, that's pretty indicative of the time, when you'd start out and guys would beat you mercilessly to try and discourage you and also toughen you up. If you could hang in there and also give some of it back, they started to accept you. Ah, the good old days, when heels were heels and babyfaces didn't throw punches. Makes me a little teary-eyed just thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=weirdo_man;158470]Uh, in my experiences DOTT has been a lot easier than the CornellVerse :-\[/QUOTE] I find all real life mod's easier then the C-Verse, but I know why I do. With the C-Verse it's really hard for me to develop them, not as much wrestling wise, but character wise. I have a hard time figuring out who I want to be the bad guy, who I want as the good guy, and what each one of their goals would probably be. With Real Life mod's, It's easier (no matter which one), because I know something about the wrestlers... However, If I were to pick something like ROH or some other promotion I don't really no anything about, or their normal workers, I probably would have a really hard time as well. DoTT feels easy because, well, Half of these guys I remember growing up on. I guess they really got around back then, because it seem's like I know at least half of each promotions roster... although when I watched it, I was under the impression it was all part of the same over-all thing. The easiest types of promotions to play are the ones that don't use any angles... or specialize in something (hardcore, garbage, PURE, Cutting edge-somewhat). The hardest to play seem's to be the entertainment type promotions, although if you have all the most famous talent on your roster it makes it easier (WWE or TNA). If I had a better imagination, I would probably find the C-Verse easier, and probably play it alot more. I just have a hard time connecting with it.

um, are you sure you are not talking about TEW Chris? Cos in wrespi angles don't really exist. The only real difference i have noticed playing wrespi in different feds is that in the sports entertainment feds i can get a win in about 3 minutes, it takes far longer in other types of fed.

[QUOTE=panix04;160410]um, are you sure you are not talking about TEW Chris? Cos in wrespi angles don't really exist. The only real difference i have noticed playing wrespi in different feds is that in the sports entertainment feds i can get a win in about 3 minutes, it takes far longer in other types of fed.[/QUOTE] Your right, and I am forever humiliated, lol. Sorry, I was talking about TEW not the other one, sorry:-)

Archived