how would you run wcw.

jerlito

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;159287]LOL, I kind of see it differently myself. I don't think they really meant to use him in a match against Cena, and I don't believe for a minute they are going to try and make a "legitimate" match out of it, even if it was just to have that guy cheating to try and win. I see it as a comical effort moreso then a legitimate match up... I mean, Cena bassically beat him easier then he beat Lita already. IF they do make it a legitimate match, then I would definately see eye to eye with you. For the most part, I can kind of see what's going on here though. WHO on the Raw roster could be a legitimate challenge for Cena now????? I mean, he is over like never before, and let's face it, the only other guy on the roster that would be a believable loss for Cena at this point is Triple H. I know Cena don't really have that great of skills in the ring, but they guy is entertaining as hell, and after this movie, he's just bigger then life right now (although his personality bassically keeps the crowd a bit level headed with that). He runs into the ring and says "I'm John Cena." and the crowd goes ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, so... Who? I would put him against Bobby Lashley, Batista, or have Booker T cheat to beat him, but there is no one else that could win (and Cena is more then willing to lose for the greater good, it's not on his part) believably to 90% of the people watching. Undertaker and Kane maybe, or a really gross Boogieman (maybe... I really think the Boogieman is alot more over already then they let him be). ON TOPIC: WCW as a fourth brand would have to wait till ECW becomes more legit. I would then use different people already on all three rosters that was also part of WCW (I don't know how many are left). I would try and get Bill Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and maybe a couple of Cameo's from Randy Savage also. I would definately try to get the Four Horseman (are they alive?), and NWO into the first six months of it. I would get all the people that were the main eventers back then, and use them as much as they could handle the first two or three months. Then, bassically like everyone else has been saying. Gradually build up newer and younger stars to take over. I would use Hogan and the other's very minimal after a while, to make sure that this happens... The biggest thing to help with that is to make them have realistic friendships on camera... Have a younger worker keep getting screwed, and have Hogan run out and finally save him, and start watching his back. Have it seem as though these older guys are helping them wrestle better (lol, half of them need the lessons worse then the newer, but you get my drift). They could easily start having feuds involving Hogan's main student versus Nash's, etc. After a while, during angles, it would become clear that the newer/younger athlete has surpassed his teacher, and this is what would lead to a legitimate passing of the torch. As all this starts to get better, and they end up with a two hour show as well, I would definately start having them interfere with Raw, and vice versa. Maybe straight off the bat. This is how I would book it anyways.[/QUOTE] I agree w/ you, except there would be nothing comical about Federline and Cena.. I just think they need something else than bringing in "hollywood" because it does make me think of when WCW brought in David Arquette and he actually held the title, how could they justify that, it certainly wasn't comical.. I don't dislike WWE or TNA, but I'm like you they have too many other wrestlers who are not being used properly, and I don't want them to continue doing so by bringing in K-FED... I did notice that everyone you mentioned about facing Cena is on the smackdown roster... Are you with me on thinking they should drop the Smackdown and RAw brands and carry on from show to show w/ one main roster like it used to be.... it would certainly keep things fresh...

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;159287]LOL, I kind of see it differently myself. I don't think they really meant to use him in a match against Cena, and I don't believe for a minute they are going to try and make a "legitimate" match out of it, even if it was just to have that guy cheating to try and win. I see it as a comical effort moreso then a legitimate match up... I mean, Cena bassically beat him easier then he beat Lita already. IF they do make it a legitimate match, then I would definately see eye to eye with you. For the most part, I can kind of see what's going on here though. WHO on the Raw roster could be a legitimate challenge for Cena now????? I mean, he is over like never before, and let's face it, the only other guy on the roster that would be a believable loss for Cena at this point is Triple H. I know Cena don't really have that great of skills in the ring, but they guy is entertaining as hell, and after this movie, he's just bigger then life right now (although his personality bassically keeps the crowd a bit level headed with that). He runs into the ring and says "I'm John Cena." and the crowd goes ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, so... Who? I would put him against Bobby Lashley, Batista, or have Booker T cheat to beat him, but there is no one else that could win (and Cena is more then willing to lose for the greater good, it's not on his part) believably to 90% of the people watching. Undertaker and Kane maybe, or a really gross Boogieman (maybe... I really think the Boogieman is alot more over already then they let him be). ON TOPIC: WCW as a fourth brand would have to wait till ECW becomes more legit. I would then use different people already on all three rosters that was also part of WCW (I don't know how many are left). I would try and get Bill Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and maybe a couple of Cameo's from Randy Savage also. I would definately try to get the Four Horseman (are they alive?), and NWO into the first six months of it. I would get all the people that were the main eventers back then, and use them as much as they could handle the first two or three months. Then, bassically like everyone else has been saying. Gradually build up newer and younger stars to take over. I would use Hogan and the other's very minimal after a while, to make sure that this happens... The biggest thing to help with that is to make them have realistic friendships on camera... Have a younger worker keep getting screwed, and have Hogan run out and finally save him, and start watching his back. Have it seem as though these older guys are helping them wrestle better (lol, half of them need the lessons worse then the newer, but you get my drift). They could easily start having feuds involving Hogan's main student versus Nash's, etc. After a while, during angles, it would become clear that the newer/younger athlete has surpassed his teacher, and this is what would lead to a legitimate passing of the torch. As all this starts to get better, and they end up with a two hour show as well, I would definately start having them interfere with Raw, and vice versa. Maybe straight off the bat. This is how I would book it anyways.[/QUOTE] I agree w/ you, except there would be nothing comical about Federline and Cena.. I just think they need something else than bringing in "hollywood" because it does make me think of when WCW brought in David Arquette and he actually held the title, how could they justify that, it certainly wasn't comical.. I don't dislike WWE or TNA, but I'm like you they have too many other wrestlers who are not being used properly, and I don't want them to continue doing so by bringing in K-FED... I did notice that everyone you mentioned about facing Cena is on the smackdown roster... Are you with me on thinking they should drop the Smackdown and RAw brands and carry on from show to show w/ one main roster like it used to be.... it would certainly keep things fresh...

[QUOTE]Are you with me on thinking they should drop the Smackdown and RAw brands and carry on from show to show w/ one main roster like it used to be.... it would certainly keep things fresh...[/QUOTE] I think that would probably be a good thing for them, if they keep going in the direction they are going. They only have certain people on week after week, no matter what. I think they should pretty much do what your talking about, and utilize what they have, so maybe we don't see this person or that person now and then. The main reason I used Smackdown's roster for example's though, is because there isn't really anyone outside of Triple H, Edge, and Randy Orton, that would make a Cena vs. ? an interesting enough feud right now. And out of them, only Randy Orton would be good enough, good as in, the right man for the job, out of three.. Edge they did way too much already, Triple H seems to be a face, and so would not go over well, leaving Randy Orton. I don't see anyone else being able to stimulate enough interest. However, several people on the Smackdown roster could. Maybe it's just time for Cena to switch rosters, and go back to Smackdown? However, there is only two really big draws to RAW right now. That's Cena and Degeneration X. Blah, off topic sorry. On topic, I haven't heard anything new about the WCW thing, although the storylines are sure getting interesting enough to think maybe it might happen.

[QUOTE]Are you with me on thinking they should drop the Smackdown and RAw brands and carry on from show to show w/ one main roster like it used to be.... it would certainly keep things fresh...[/QUOTE] I think that would probably be a good thing for them, if they keep going in the direction they are going. They only have certain people on week after week, no matter what. I think they should pretty much do what your talking about, and utilize what they have, so maybe we don't see this person or that person now and then. The main reason I used Smackdown's roster for example's though, is because there isn't really anyone outside of Triple H, Edge, and Randy Orton, that would make a Cena vs. ? an interesting enough feud right now. And out of them, only Randy Orton would be good enough, good as in, the right man for the job, out of three.. Edge they did way too much already, Triple H seems to be a face, and so would not go over well, leaving Randy Orton. I don't see anyone else being able to stimulate enough interest. However, several people on the Smackdown roster could. Maybe it's just time for Cena to switch rosters, and go back to Smackdown? However, there is only two really big draws to RAW right now. That's Cena and Degeneration X. Blah, off topic sorry. On topic, I haven't heard anything new about the WCW thing, although the storylines are sure getting interesting enough to think maybe it might happen.

I'm considering doing a WCW rebirth diary - probably once 07 comes out - and figure the backstory would involve Bischoff, having made big money from Controversy Creates Cash, buying back the WCW name and a few employees contracts. Assuming that he can't afford the big names (Batista, Michaels, Cena, HHH, any reigning champions etc) who would you have Bischoff sign? I'm looking for five workers - one of whom would probably be Maria, as I think they have a cool dynamic. Eugene has potential, too, I guess. But all suggestions are welcome. EDIT: My initial thoughts are - Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas or Shelton Benjamin, Maria, and Simon Dean.

I'm considering doing a WCW rebirth diary - probably once 07 comes out - and figure the backstory would involve Bischoff, having made big money from Controversy Creates Cash, buying back the WCW name and a few employees contracts. Assuming that he can't afford the big names (Batista, Michaels, Cena, HHH, any reigning champions etc) who would you have Bischoff sign? I'm looking for five workers - one of whom would probably be Maria, as I think they have a cool dynamic. Eugene has potential, too, I guess. But all suggestions are welcome. EDIT: My initial thoughts are - Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas or Shelton Benjamin, Maria, and Simon Dean.

[QUOTE=James Casey;159731]I'm considering doing a WCW rebirth diary - probably once 07 comes out - and figure the backstory would involve Bischoff, having made big money from Controversy Creates Cash, buying back the WCW name and a few employees contracts. Assuming that he can't afford the big names (Batista, Michaels, Cena, HHH, any reigning champions etc) who would you have Bischoff sign? I'm looking for five workers - one of whom would probably be Maria, as I think they have a cool dynamic. Eugene has potential, too, I guess. But all suggestions are welcome. EDIT: My initial thoughts are - Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas or Shelton Benjamin, Maria, and Simon Dean.[/QUOTE] I don't think Vince, or really Ric Flair himself, would actually go for something like that, so that part in my opinion would be stretching it. The rest though, for sure. Now... I would also consider bringing back some names though. Perhaps Hulk Hogan as a Semi-active. I would look into grabbing Bill Goldberg as well. Raven, Sting, etc.. would probably go for something if it was going to start out global... I know they are all old, but you will need some very over talent to kick it off with, and the ECW brand kick off I thought was pretty good idea... Grabbing the older vet's of ECW was one thing, but making them over like WWE stars is another. SO they grabbed Big Show and Kurt Angle to help with that... although Kurt didn't really get in there that much. I wouldn't grab alot of the set roster right off the bat. I would grab old WCW type talent (or just people that were out then), that have a good following, then use the talent you grab from WWE and TNA roster's (the newer/younger WCW), and start out slow. Build up some great rivals with the old timer's, and bring in the new guys till they can hold their own, popularity wise. Then just move the old out, and bring in the end. Some things to note, some of these "old" guys are not all that old... Or I am just too old to count them as old timers, I don't know. Just saying I would grab some Main Eventers, instead of making Main eventers out of people that are mid or upper card material... however, no problem after establishing them as upper midcards, making them so.

[QUOTE=jonlawson;159156]I wish WCW was still around....but that's just me I'm sure :D[/QUOTE] so do i brother..... everyone looks back at wcw like it was some sort of red-heade step child with mild retardation, but i think it was better than wwf. much better actually. i'd watched wrestling since i could remember, and i stopped watching it around my early teens. it was wcw that got me back into wrestling. my friends and i ordered wcw ppvs every month for years....hell up until the demise of it. the cruiserweights, nWo, wolfpac, four horsemen, vampiro, sting, muta, ric flair, goldberg, 3 count.....gotta love all of that....

WWE's future lineup! Monday night RAW! ECW on Scifi!! Every tuesday WCW Nitro! Wednesday night! TNA IMPACT!! Thursday Night!! Friday night Smackdown! Saturday Night's Main Event!! (brand type war's, ECW vs. TNA, RAW vs. WCW, Smackdown VS Everyone, etc.!! LOL, I just know TNA is going to get close enough to WWE to start a war, and that war will end like that, lol.

[QUOTE=James Casey;160157]I look back at WCW, and mainly I think of the matches. Cactus Jack vs. Sting, Steiners vs. Sting & Luger, Pillman vs. Liger (Did Liger ever wrestle Luger? I can imagine Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura having fun with that one :D) Eddy vs. Rey... Good times.[/QUOTE] Very good, and most of what you are speaking of is the older WCW, which was very much like the later NWA days(well basically the same product) of Barry Windam and Magnum T.A, a young Sting and Luger, The Michigan Varsity Jacket Steiners... I really loved those days, but hated it toward the end of it's run, so if they could bring WCW back like when it originated, I would welcome it w/ open arms..

As you can probably tell from my diary, I miss WCW. Yep, even through the Wrestlecr@p period of post 1998, I loved it. The history, the lineage of the belts, the truly great wrestlers, the astounding undercard, the ability to bring in and put over top foreign talent. When it was hot, the nWo. I think the WWE made a long term fatal error not having the Alliance win. WCW in my book was still a hotter brand entity than ECW. No disrespect to you ECW marks, but for a long time WCW was the numero ono promotion in the wrestling world. The disrespect shown by the WWE shows how damaging a moment it was when the WWE bought WCW from Turner. It seems WWE had no intention of using WCW, they only bought it to get rid of it's competition and to satisfy certain egos that they had finally won the "war". In essence, without WWE creating true separate legal entities, and competition against one another through WCW through WWE, WWE became stale and boring. I doubt there's a single person here who believes WWE now is better than it was when WCW died and competition within WWE was hot. At that time they had some great action - Rock v Stone Cold, Benoit v Angle, even Commissioner Regal and Tajiri and the likes, and then they screwed it royally by completely and utterly stuffing up the alliance angle. Many here will consider Vince McMahon a hero and a brilliant tactician, truth be told, in some respects he is, I mean after all, he won the "war", but if you want a true look at him consider the Monday Nitro/RAW is WAR night where WWE confirmed they had bought WCW, and he said something along the lines of "we could run WCW and turn it around, we know how to do that", truth be told, they showed they didn't and took the cheap option which in the long term is a piece of contemptuous poor mismanagement. It's quite obvious it was merely an ego trip to "win" WCW when you consider the immense amount of ECW memorabilia, paraphanalia, highlight reels, tributes, and even the rebirth of ECW on Sci-Fi, but undoubtedly the stronger brand historically, WCW, has hardly had a word spoken about it. Personally, I'd have loved to have seen either WCW on it's own, or the Alliance get it's own brand. To me, SmackDown v RAW sounds cheesy, and it is marketed in a cheesy manner. It's like the Atlanta Falcons A team versus the Atlanta Falcons B team. After a while, who gives a sh!t? While we dwell on "sports entertainment", that sort of parody decision in itself shows how phony wrestling really is. I can see why the likes of Bruno Sammartino want nothing to do with WWE. There was still a lot that could have been done with it, a lot of really rough jewels never truly captivated. Remember, McMahon said he could "do that" if he wished. Either he didn't wish and their decision was selfish monopolisation of the market (I don't know how things work in the states, but I'm surprised there was no real anti-competitive market power suits bought to competition regulators in the States, in Australia I'm sure there'd have been some action), or he didn't have the ability to do it. Which is sad. I'd have loved to have seen the likes of Chris Kanyon, Rey Mysterio, hell even the likes of Disco Inferno and Scott Steiner and Bill Goldberg, marketed against the likes of Jushin Liger, Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta, Yuji Nagata, Ultimo Dragon and have WCW more your traditional style promotion, as it was in it's glory days really. As it was historically though the NWA. Good, hard, wholesome wrestling action. Forget the "Crash TV" theoretics of Vince Russo, repackage it for what it once was. The home of Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and other world class athletes. Guys who could wrestle "brooms" for 30 minutes and still tell such a story that the fans would be happy. That skill is largely gone in professional wrestling these days in my book. You could have the more edgey entertainment, "comic book" shows on the WWE brand, and on the WCW or Alliance brand, the more legitimate, world class wrestling action. Restore the prestige in the lineage of the belt through the times of the National Wrestling Alliance. Ultimately, I should qualify my opinion on what I term "Black Monday" (as opposed to Black Saturday), Vince McMahon did compete against Ted Turner, and he did ultimately win the war. But the short term winners, and the ultimate losers through all that, were the fans in my book. In the States you can see TNA etc. and get some competition, you may even get ROH I'm not sure, down here in Australia, WWE has an exclusive agreement with Fox (I believe) which means even if they want to they can't broadcast TNA house shows, only their PPVs. I don't care to see Kevin Federline or this Hollywood actor or that Hollywood singer, if I wanted that, I'll switch to showtime. I want wrestling. Nothing more, nothing less. I want the great cruiserweights. I want the prestigious history of the WCW belts (before Vince Russo thought it'd be a good idea to Hollywoodise them), and I want strong competition that forces the McMahon empire to shell out and give us truly great action, as they did at various PAST Wrestlemanias where there was genuine competition , through TLC, through Savage v Steamboat, through Savage v Warrior, through Chris Benoit v Kurt Angle, through Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin... where's the great action coming from? Nowhere, unless competition is forced, in my opinion. BRING BACK WCW! BRING BACK OUR FAITH IN WRESTLING!

[QUOTE=tristram;160897]As you can probably tell from my diary, I miss WCW. Yep, even through the Wrestlecr@p period of post 1998, I loved it. The history, the lineage of the belts, the truly great wrestlers, the astounding undercard, the ability to bring in and put over top foreign talent. When it was hot, the nWo. I think the WWE made a long term fatal error not having the Alliance win. WCW in my book was still a hotter brand entity than ECW. No disrespect to you ECW marks, but for a long time WCW was the numero ono promotion in the wrestling world. The disrespect shown by the WWE shows how damaging a moment it was when the WWE bought WCW from Turner. It seems WWE had no intention of using WCW, they only bought it to get rid of it's competition and to satisfy certain egos that they had finally won the "war". In essence, without WWE creating true separate legal entities, and competition against one another through WCW through WWE, WWE became stale and boring. I doubt there's a single person here who believes WWE now is better than it was when WCW died and competition within WWE was hot. At that time they had some great action - Rock v Stone Cold, Benoit v Angle, even Commissioner Regal and Tajiri and the likes, and then they screwed it royally by completely and utterly stuffing up the alliance angle. Many here will consider Vince McMahon a hero and a brilliant tactician, truth be told, in some respects he is, I mean after all, he won the "war", but if you want a true look at him consider the Monday Nitro/RAW is WAR night where WWE confirmed they had bought WCW, and he said something along the lines of "we could run WCW and turn it around, we know how to do that", truth be told, they showed they didn't and took the cheap option which in the long term is a piece of contemptuous poor mismanagement. It's quite obvious it was merely an ego trip to "win" WCW when you consider the immense amount of ECW memorabilia, paraphanalia, highlight reels, tributes, and even the rebirth of ECW on Sci-Fi, but undoubtedly the stronger brand historically, WCW, has hardly had a word spoken about it. Personally, I'd have loved to have seen either WCW on it's own, or the Alliance get it's own brand. To me, SmackDown v RAW sounds cheesy, and it is marketed in a cheesy manner. It's like the Atlanta Falcons A team versus the Atlanta Falcons B team. After a while, who gives a sh!t? While we dwell on "sports entertainment", that sort of parody decision in itself shows how phony wrestling really is. I can see why the likes of Bruno Sammartino want nothing to do with WWE. There was still a lot that could have been done with it, a lot of really rough jewels never truly captivated. Remember, McMahon said he could "do that" if he wished. Either he didn't wish and their decision was selfish monopolisation of the market (I don't know how things work in the states, but I'm surprised there was no real anti-competitive market power suits bought to competition regulators in the States, in Australia I'm sure there'd have been some action), or he didn't have the ability to do it. Which is sad. I'd have loved to have seen the likes of Chris Kanyon, Rey Mysterio, hell even the likes of Disco Inferno and Scott Steiner and Bill Goldberg, marketed against the likes of Jushin Liger, Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta, Yuji Nagata, Ultimo Dragon and have WCW more your traditional style promotion, as it was in it's glory days really. As it was historically though the NWA. Good, hard, wholesome wrestling action. Forget the "Crash TV" theoretics of Vince Russo, repackage it for what it once was. The home of Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and other world class athletes. Guys who could wrestle "brooms" for 30 minutes and still tell such a story that the fans would be happy. That skill is largely gone in professional wrestling these days in my book. You could have the more edgey entertainment, "comic book" shows on the WWE brand, and on the WCW or Alliance brand, the more legitimate, world class wrestling action. Restore the prestige in the lineage of the belt through the times of the National Wrestling Alliance. Ultimately, I should qualify my opinion on what I term "Black Monday" (as opposed to Black Saturday), Vince McMahon did compete against Ted Turner, and he did ultimately win the war. But the short term winners, and the ultimate losers through all that, were the fans in my book. In the States you can see TNA etc. and get some competition, you may even get ROH I'm not sure, down here in Australia, WWE has an exclusive agreement with Fox (I believe) which means even if they want to they can't broadcast TNA house shows, only their PPVs. I don't care to see Kevin Federline or this Hollywood actor or that Hollywood singer, if I wanted that, I'll switch to showtime. I want wrestling. Nothing more, nothing less. I want the great cruiserweights. I want the prestigious history of the WCW belts (before Vince Russo thought it'd be a good idea to Hollywoodise them), and I want strong competition that forces the McMahon empire to shell out and give us truly great action, as they did at various PAST Wrestlemanias where there was genuine competition , through TLC, through Savage v Steamboat, through Savage v Warrior, through Chris Benoit v Kurt Angle, through Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin... where's the great action coming from? Nowhere, unless competition is forced, in my opinion. BRING BACK WCW! BRING BACK OUR FAITH IN WRESTLING![/QUOTE]you are totaly right and i love ecw but wcw was number 1 back then i think vince should have gave ecw to paul a then bought wcw back as there third brand it would have been right to do that.

Archived