Simply Ravishing -- Rick Rude

[B][U]Monday Week 2, June 1983:[/U][/B] One drive back and a workout later, its' Memphis tonight in the Mid-South Coliseum for the weekly house show.After my match with Koko, Eddie Marlin came out on TV and went over to the desk with Lance Russell,he announced to the crowd that he had reviewed the video and in light of the finish of the match,he was ordering a re-match with Koko tonight, for the CWA Mid-America Title, in a Steel Cage! Several announcements played on the TV and radio through the weekend, hyping this week's card....and away we go.... [B][U]Match 29: Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title (Steel Cage Match):[/U][/B] I take to the ring first; this time the official carefully and throughly checks me for foreign objects after I am announced;Koko comes out second and just as he steps though the door I strike,rushing over and hitting him with sucker punches as the announcer and ref desparately try to make their way out the door and get it shut. They finally get the door closed and locked,the bell rings to start the match as Koko is firing back on me with Forearms,then grabs my arm and twists.He goes for the Standing Arm Bar but I spin behind and Dropkick him;I go to drive my Knee into his Leg but he pushes me away with his free foot,then stands back up and Dropkicks me.I spring right back up and hit him with a Forearm and go for the eyes but he blocks me arm and Punches me back;I pretend to be stunned and when he moves in I Kick him and lock in the Standing Side Headlock,slowing it down at the 2 minute mark.I lift him up for a Suplex but he floats over and lands behind me,and deliver a Forearm to the Back;he tries to hit me in the head but I duck,he sails by me and i pick him up for a Bodyslam.I grab his leg but he shoves me off and tries to Kick me but I grab his foot and scoop him for a Backbreaker but he Punches free.He takes a big swing at me but I duck,grab his arm as it sails by,and twist it behind him into a Hammerlock.I deliver a series of Forearms to the Head until Koko ducks,reaches around and applies a Standing Side Headlock.He hammers me with Forearms then goes behind me,I reverse it into a Go Behind and go for a Drop Toe Hold but he sets his legs and does not go down.We trade shots until I stun him with a Punch and pull him towards me for a Knee Lift but he sets his feet and brings his other arm up into a Collar and Elbow.He takes advantge with a Front Facelock until I slip free and wring his arm.I take a big swing at him but he ducks and puts me in a Standing Side Headlock and grinds before hitting me with a Flurry of Jabs.I am stunned so he grabs my head and leaps into the air and Headbutts me, then pulls me into a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.I double over and he lands a hard Dropkick with sends me flying into the corner;he follows up with a dropkick into the corner which puts me down.He grabs my foot but I shove him off with me free foot and catch him in a Front Facelock,grinding for a while before powers free,leaps,and Headbutts me.Before I can recover he lands a Spinning Side Kick to my stomach,then steps back and delivers a Flurry of Jabs.Another Leaping Headbutt then grabs my arms runs up the ropes and crashes down on my elbow with knee.I am down and very groggy,Koko backs up,gets a running start, and lands a HUGE Elbow Drop;He goes to climb the cage and the crowd starts going nuts;he only makes it up a few steps before I recover and pull him off though.He goes for a Dropkick but I sidestep and he hits the mat hard;I try slowing things down with the Grounded Side Headlock as the crowd taunts me mercilessly.I stop to trade insults with some fans,leaving me distracted enough that he can slip me and climb the ropes behind me,however I quickly run over and shake the ropes,forcing him down where I put him in a Front Facelock.After 30 seconds of grinding,I switch to a Gutwrech grip,lift him,then turn it into a Backbreaker in mid-air.I grab him by the head but he powers free and leaps up into a High Cross Body but I move and he hits the mat hard. At this point I start Punching him on the mat over and over until he finally gets away from me.We charge at each other and go to scoop him up but he sees it,leaps up,and catches me in a Spinning Head Scissors.He backs up,runs,and agains hit a big Elbow,and then goes for the cage...he starts up...and halway up I catch him and pull him down but on the way fown he lands feet first on the ropes,leaps,and turns into a beautiful Springboard Body Press! He goes for the cage but again halfway up I pull him down.He grabs my head but I elbow him then lift him into a Backbreaker.I follow him down and apply the Grounded Side Headlock,slipping into a cheap Punch whenever possible.I go to lift him up but he begins fighting back;after a series of Punches he scoops me,runs,and Powerslams me;the crowd goes totally nuts and he stops to play to them for a moment before climbing the cage but he wasted too much time;again i catch him halfway up.As I pull him off he turns in mid-air in a modified High Cross Body but I hit the deck and flies harmlessly over me.I drop a Knee but he moves and crash to the mat;as I clutch my leg he ducks outside,uses the ropes to Slingshot back in with a Legdrop but this time I move and he crashes to the mat.As we both lay there I recover quicker,roll over,grab his legs,and turn him over into a Boston Crab.I pick him up and go for the Rude Awakening,he slips free and we trade shots;he ducks a Forearm,leaps onto the ropes the back onto me in a Springboard Body Press,then goes for the cage...he starts me...halfway...up top...and over! Koko is announced as the new CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Champion and the fans give a big round of applause. [B]Koko Ware def. Rick Rude via Cage Escape(Springboard Bodypress) in 19:10 to win the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Rating: B+[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Zambuie Express def. Dutch Mantell & Terry Taylor Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo def. Bobby Fulton & Robert Gibson Phil Hickerson def. Norvell Austin Ricky Morton & Steve Keirn def. The Midnight Express Jerry Lawler & Austin Idol def. Bill Dundee & The Spoiler Ken Patera def. Stand Lane to retain the AWA International Title Attendance: 2,257 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW,CWF: Bob Roop leaves CWF, begins an exclusive contract for GCW UWF: Rusher Kimura def. Kantaro Hoshino for the UWF World Title ASW: Al Tomko & Moose Morowski def. Igor Volkoff & Honky Tonk Man for the Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team Titles

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]Tuesday,Week 2,June 1983:[/U][/B] Disheartened over my title loss to Koko,I head to Florida for the weekly CWF house show;I check in and see I'll be facing talented all-arounder B.Brian Blair in this outing,hope I pick up a win and reverse the trend of the last two matches. [B][U]Match 30: Rick Rude vs B.Brian Blair:[/U][/B] Collar and Elbow starts the match off;I take advantage,whip Blair into the ropes and catch him with a Shoulder Block. I drop the Elbow but Blair moves out of the way,grabs my leg,and drives a knee into it.He yanks my leg back in a Hamstring Pull before switching to a Grounded Arm Bar,then a Head Scissors.He grabs my leg but I scoot away and get back up,then go to work with Forearm Blows and Punches before doubling him up with a Kick to the Gut,then picking him up into a Backbreaker.I go for a Rear Chinlock but he gets into the ropes am I forced to release the hold. I go right back in and apply the Front Facelock and deliver a Knee while I have him locked up,but when I go to lift him for a Slam he Forearms his way free and we slug it out until I drop him with a Binoic Elbow and go for a Seated Hammer, but he scoots away,puts me in a Headlock,and takes me over to the mat.He slaps on a Grounded Hammerlock before grabbing my leg for a Hamstring Pull.He hangs on and takes it into an Inside Toe Hold before driving a Knee into my Leg.He kicks back into a Handstand before driving home a second Knee and still holds on to my leg up but I mange to sit up and punch my way free.I floor with him with a Big Roundhouse Punch and put the Rear Chinlock on for a few seconds before he manages to slip his head free,stand,and Dropkick me so hard I fly into the corner.He Dropkicks me again in the corner and I fall to the mat;he is on me right away with a Knee Drive into the Arm.He kicks up into a Handstand but as he does I wrench my arm free and twist behind him;he manages to land on his feet and I take him over in a Back Suplex.I clamp on a Rear Chinlock for 30 seconds before Slamming his face into the mat.I picki him up,Press him over my head,and Slam him down again.I stop to trade insults with the fans and that gives Blair enough time to recover and charge me blindside;I barely spot him,duck,and pull the tope rope down;he sails over but catches the rope on the way by and lands on the apron.I quickly release the rope to grab his head,then snap his thoat over the ring ropes,upsetting the ref.He is stunned so I Suplex him back into the ring and pick him up for a Rude Awakening but he elbows me in the kidneys to break my grip,then jumps,turns in mid-air,and hits a Dropkick sending me into the corner.Again he Dropkicks me in the corner and I falls to the mat,he quickly drives a Knee first into my Leg,then my Arm,before backing off and leaping on me with a big Running Elbow Drop;he makes a cover and I am out just before two.We both stand as he floats behind for a Sleeper but I pry his arms apart and grab him by the head;he shoves me off,runs,and leaps at me Thesz Press style but I move and he lands on his feet,I quickly put on a Standing Side Headlock.I finish with a Bionic Elbow and he goes down,letting me get in a Grounded Punch.I pick him up for The Rude Awakening but he shoves me off and leaps for a Dropkick,I sidestep and he hits the mat hard.Before he can get up,I pick him up in a rear waistlock and deliver a snapping Back Suplex.I pick him up for The Rude Awakening but he jerks his head free and turns to apply a Sleeper, I grab him and turn him back for my Rude Awakening;he twists back and tries to lift me for a Back Suplex but I slip off his shoulder and land behind him.I set the Rude Awakening but he makes the ropes,then hits me with a series of Rapid Fire Dropkicks.He gets into position for The Boston Crab but I slide under his legs and come up behind him,and grab him for The Rude Awakening;he spins away,grabs me in a rear waistlock,and delivers a German Suplex..1...2...3...no,I barely kicked out!He gets frustrated and runs at me to deliver a Knee,but I dodge and begin hammering him with Forearm Blows.Finally,Blair seems stunned,so I grab him...twist....and this time drop down into The Rude Awakening>I make the cover,pick up the win,and stop the losing streak at two.The fans got into it a little near end but were restless for most of the match,but a win is a win,I guess. [B]Rick Rude def. B.Brian Blair via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 14:50[/B] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Mike Rotundo def. Mike Davis "Outlaw"Ron Bass & "King Kong" Mosca def. Schott McGhee & Mike Graham Adrian Street def. Brad Armstrong [B]Bobby Dumcum def. Terry Allen for the Florida TV Title[/B] [B]Barry Windham def. Superstar Billy Graham for the Florida Heavyweight Title[/B] Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,635 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] WWC: Dick Slater def. Carlos Colon for the Universal Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Wednesday, Week 2,June 1983:[/U][/B] It's Wednesday and that mean I go over to Lousiana for this week's Mid-South Wrestling TV show;when I get there Rock is working out with Sting in the ring and again it looks like they are having trouble mastering a spot;I noticed what they are doing wrong so I go over and explain to them what their mistake is,Sting listens closely and thanks me for the help afterwards,he really is a nice guy (Rick Rude and Sting have become friends).I peruse the bookings for tonight and see it will be The Convertible Blondes wrestling tonight;I guess Butch Reed got tired of losing to us and blames Duggan for it,he called in longtime friend Junkyard Dog to team with him tonight.This is my first time in the ring with a Main Eventer of any caliber,much less someone as well-known as JYD,so I am a little nervous,hope I make a good impression. [B][U]Match 31: The Convertible Blondes vs. Butch Reed & Junkyard Dog:[/U][/B] I go for the standard Collar and Elbow right at the bell but JYD uses that awesome power to throw me off of him like I wasn't even there. He takes over with a Front Facelock into an Arm Wringer,then a Kick.When he goes for the arm again I reverse him into a Front Facelock of my own but fairly quickly he lifts me up and tosses me off of him,then drops me with a Clubbing Blow when I come back in. He leaps up to drive his fist into me but I roll away at the last second and he hits the mat fist first. While he clutches his hand I Wring his Arm,then pull him into a Standing Side Headlock and into a Suplex.I am already feeling the effects of that beating so I quickly make the tag to Rip and he runs in,catching JYD with a Grounded Punch,then applying a Rear Chinlock for 30 seconds before JYD makes the ropes to force a break.Rip Bodyslams him but JYD gets right back up and puts him in a Standing Side Headlock.JYD goes for a Punch but Rip ducks and Punches him back,which sets up a Backbreaker.Rip gets a few Kicks in before JYD gets out the way,pounds him with Punches and Kicks,then tags in Reed.Reed is all over Rip with Punches and Forearms,capping it off with a thunderous One-handed Bodyslam.Rip is down and not moving and Reed senses the weakness,he bounces off the ropes, leaps up into a Splash....and gets nothing when Rip rolls clear.Rip picks Reed up,drags him to our corner,tags me,and we lift him in and over with a Tag Team Double Suplex.From here it turns into a mess as Reed and I basically take turns punching each other until finally he bends over to put me in a waistlock so I Elbow him on top of the head,he goes down and I get the Boston Crab on;leaning back to apply pressure but eventually he drags himself to the ropes to get the break.I throw a Haymaker and he ducks,then runs over and tags JYD in.JYD and I take turns Punching each other until he goes to scoop me for a Slam but I counter with a hard right that sends him out of the ring.I follow him out and we fight by the announce table for a few seconds until I duck a swing,quickly scoop JYD up and Bodyslam him onto the table so hard that he crashes right through it.Seeing this,the official has no choice but to call for the DQ and award the match to JYD & Reed; though it looks like we may have lost the battle but won the war as JYD is still down and not moving as we go to the back,moments later he would be stretchered to the back. [B]Junkyard Dog & Butch Reed def. The Convertible Blondes via DQ in 16:50[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Brawling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Rick Steiner & Crusher Darsow def. The Blade Runners King Kong Bundy def. Terry Taylor Jim Garvin def. Magnum T.A. to retain the Mid-South TV Title Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia def. Hacksaw Duggan & Chris Adams Attendance: 2,482 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Road Warrior Hawk def. Bob Armstrong, Ole Anderson def. Road Warrior Animal AJW: Kyoto Inoue def. Seiko Honawa for the All-Japan Junior Women's Title,the same card also saw an amzing match between The Jumping Bomb Angels & The Cursh Girls UWA: Last Stand(El Texano & El Signo) def. Hit and Run(Villano IV & Fuerza Guerrera) for the UWA World Tag Team Titles On the Japanese Wrestling front, Stan Hansen appeared on a radio show in Tokyo today,and during the course of the interview he mentioned that his friendship with Bruiser Brody came to an end last night after a heated argument after the AJPW's weekly TV Taping. Hansen and Brody are considered two of the top Western wrestlers in Japan and together are THE dominant heel Tag Team in AJPW,holding those Tag Titles on several occasions;it will be interesting to see how this affects the Tag Team scene in AJPW.

[B][U]Friday,Week 2,June 1983:[/U][/B] A day off to rest my body (and enjoy sleeping in my own bed) and it's back to Memphis where MSW is running their house show this week.Tonight The Convertible Blondes will be in Tag Team action against 2 young guys in the powerful Rick Steiner and up-and-comer Tim Horner on the lower portion of the card;I can't help but wonder if Bill Watts isn't trying to make up for "overmatching" us against the Main Event caliber team of Reed & JYD on Wednesday.I just hope Steiner doesn't fly into a rage and ruin the match again... [B][U]Match 32: The Convertible Blondes vs. Rick Steiner & Tim Horner:[/U][/B] Steiner and I start this one off and right off the bat and I take advantage by using my speed to catch him in a Standing Side Headlock,then rain down Forearms and Punches before flattening him with a Short Arm Back Elbow.Immediately I am on him with a Punch and a long Rear Chinlock.I show my anger to the crowd as I yank Steiner to his feet and lift him up from behind but as I do he twists into a Cross Body and lands on top of me;ref makes a count but barely gets to one before I kick out.He rushes me with a Headbutt but I meet the top of his head with a sharp elbow and Steiner is down again;I immediately grab his head and slam it into the mat before tying him up and dropping the Seated Hammer.He is already looking very woozy and I begin stalking him,then run to deliver a kick,but he rolls to the side,stands,and catches me in a Standing Arm Bar.I shove aside a Kick and Steiner spins around,ending with his back toward me;I put him in a waistlock to lift him but he uses his amatuer skills to reverse into a rear wistlock of his own,right into a Rear Amatuer Takedown.He holds on with a Grounded Armbar and Kicks me in the Head;he goes for a second kick but I catch his foot,stand,and grab him in a waistlock,Steiner gets low and surges forward,pushing me back to his corner and making the tag to Horner.Horner quikly grabs me in a Front Facelock then takes it into a Side Headlock and takes me over to the mat.The crowd cheers as they finally get in some serious offense and Horner feeds of of them,driving his knee into my leg twice before applying the Inside Toe Hold.Right as it looks I may make the ropes,he releases the hold,drags me back to the middle of the ring,then drives his knee into my arm before turning me over into a Straddled Arm Bar.He grabs my foot to apply the Inside Toe Hold again but this time I get my other foot on his shoulder and kick him away from me,struggle to standing and grab him with a Front Facelock.I maintain pressure on the Front Facelock for almost a minute before the crowd finally dies down,then I see my opening;I turn away from the ref and rake his eyes,blinding Horner enough for me to tag Rip.Horner is still disoriented and stumbles into our corner,I step back in and pull his arms behind his back,allowing Rip to deliver a series of free shots.Horner goes down and Rip is right on him with a Rear Chinlock,which he turns into a Choke Hold as soon as the ref is not checking closely.He picks Horner up and delivers a pair of European Uppercuts,then picks him up for a Bodyslam but instead of throwing him down,he walks over to the ropes and drops Horner across them throat first.Horner goes down and clutches at his windpipe but Rip gives him no rest as he grabs him and Chokes him on the mat.The crowd is really getting on Rip,taunting him badly,so he takes the time to turn to them,flex,and point to his bicep while hollering insults.Horner recovers and tries to back Rip against the ropes,but Rip easily overpowers Horner and puts him against the ropes;as he does the ropes twist and Horner's arms get tangled up,Rip shouts an insult or two at the crowd then unloads with some serious right hands on the helpless Horner before the ref finally gets in there and frees Horner up.Rip moves in to apply a Full Nelson but Horner gets his hands up and ties up Rip's hand,then turns about to take it into a Top Wrist Lock.Seeing the advantage,Horner tries to slug his way free but Rip simply ignores every blow Horner lands,then lands a sharp Kick to the Gut,scoops him,gets a Running start.and delivers a thunderous Powerslam.The ring shakes several times,finally settling as the ref makes a count...1,2,and 3.I come into the ring and we celebrate after thoroughly squashing our opposition to the boos of the fans;I can't for sure if they were booing us or the match though. [B]The Convertible Blondes def. Rick Steiner & Tim Horner via Pinfall(Running Powerslam) in 11:00[/B] [B]Safety Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Terry Taylor def. Lord Humongous Mr.Olympia def. Crusher Darsow Jim Duggan def. Blade Runner Rock Mr.Wrestling II def. Buddy Landell JYD def. King Kong Bundy Ted DiBiase def. Magnum T.A. to retain the North American Heavyweight Title Attendance: 2,286 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Thursday:[/B] NJPW's weekly show saw Andre the Giant defeat Antonio Inoki in a much looked forward to Main Event HCW reorganizes its' front office,they name Don Jardine,better known to wrestling fans as The Spoiler, as Head Booker. [B]Friday:[/B] SWCW: The Grapplers def. The Sheepherders for the Southwest Tag Team Titles WWC: Invader#3 def. Inferno#1 for the WWC World Junior Heavyweight Title

As this dynasty goes on,please let me know if there are any improvments I can make to my format;also let me know if there are any promotions or workers I should follow,I'd be more than happy to provide more in-depth results if desired. And before you say it Lou,yes I am following Mark Calloway already;unfortunately I forgot to edit the database and give him am initial contract when I started so he is still sitting around at home without a job. :mad:

[B][U]Saturday,Week 2,June 1983:[/U][/B] It's Saturday morning and that means it's Memphis briging you this week's episode of CWA All Stars.During the program,Lance Russell makes the announcement that there is a new Mid-America Heavyweight Champion;footage of Koko's win over me is shown and Lance brings the news champ out to make some comments.Koko doesn't get to say too much though,before Jimmy Hart and I show up on the set;Jimmy Hart bounces around like a superball and talks at warp speed,hyping me up,then insulting Koko and invokes the "Guaranteed Rematch" clause.Koko doesn't take kindly to being cut in on and grabs Jimmy,I jump Koko before he can slap him,and a brawl breaks loose.We are all over the set before Eddie Marlin leads some wrestlers out from the back to break us up.We strain to get at each other,as Eddie takes the mic and tells us this will be settled right here on CWA All Stars later on in the program, in a Cage! [B]Match 33: Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title( Cage match):[/B] Koko is already in the ring as Jimmy Hart and I make our way down to the familiar structure of 2x4's and wire that is a Cage in Memphis.He insults me as I make my in the cage so I decide to step back out and stall for time.For the next 5 minutes I begin to enter the cage,then quickly step back out and find something to complain about.Eventually the crowd is so incredibly restless and upset at my stalling that I decide it might actually be safe inside the cage,step in,and allowed the door to be locked up.By this time Koko is ready to go and rushes me;as he comes in I catch him across the eyes with my fingers.I grab a Headlock,he quickly backsteps to slide free and delivers a Forearm to my Back,Wrings my Arm,then lifts me up and over with a Suplex.He goes to the mat,taking me in a Rear Chinlock,then unloads with a Punch;he tries to wraps his legs around my waist but I get my hands inbetween and pry his feet apart and step free.I grab his Arm and Wring it for several seconds,then begin hitting him with Forearms;after the 4 one,he fires back with a Forearm of his own,then swiftly lifts me up and over again with another Suplex.I lay on the mat grabbing my lower back and he whacks me with another Punch and grabs my arm but before he can apply pressure I power back up,grab his arm,and twist it behind into a Hammerlock.Maintaining pressure on the arm,I deliver a series of Forearms to the Back of his Head,then scoop him from behind but he wriggles free and begins Wringing my Arm.He catches me with a Forearm and for the third time,lifts me up into a Suplex.As I lay there again clutching the small of my back,he grabs my leg,kicks into a Handstand.and drives his Knee into it.He keeps hold of my leg,turning me over into a Single Leg Boston Crab;he wrenches back and holds on to my leg,turning me again to Pull my Hamstring followed by a Stomp to the Face.I am seriously hurting and it looks like Koko has it all locked up as he Punches me again to stun me,climbs out to the apron,then grabs the top rope and uses it Slingshot himself back into the ring with a Legdrop...but wait,at the second,I roll away and he hits the mat hard!Koko is grabbing at his leg which hit the mat;I quickly drive a Knee into it before he pushes me away.He tries to mount offense but his leg is hurt,twice I simply shove him off balance and the leg gives out.I throw a Big Roundhouse Punch right on target and flatten him;he gets right back up and leaps into a Dropkick which sends me into the Corner.That bad leg comes back to haunt him as that Dropkick left his leg too weak to support his weight,causing him to have trouble standing;I recover first and Slam his Face into the Mat.I maintain hold of his head to slam him again but he powers back up and unleashes a Flurry of Jab Punches,leaving me too dazed to prevent a Short Arm Knee To The Stomach.As I double over,he grabs my arm,but I quickly jerk it free and he spins about,allow me to lift him,walk to the corner,and deliver a Back Suplex...Into The Turnbuckle.As he slumps in the corner I fire an Elbow at him but he ducks away and I hit the post hard,I clutch at my arm and turn around right into a Jab Punch Flurry.Seeing me stunned,Koko backs up,Runs,and floors me with a Dropkick,then locks in the Inside Toe Hold.My leg cramps up on me and he drags me to my feet,then leaps into a High Cross Body,sending me down again.Down and with a leg injury,he sees his opportunity and begins climbing the cage,but his own leg injury hampers his speed and he can only get a feet up before I catch him.When I pull him down,he lands on the Turnbuckles,turns,and launches into a desparation Flying Shoulder Tackle,however I duck and he sails right over me.I work him with the Rear Chinlock and beging Punching him,capping it off with a Running Kick to his Head.I drag him up and try to lift him,but he sets his feet to block me,so I nail him with a series of Forearm Blows until he is dazed,then slowly twist him around,and drop into a vicious Rude Awakening! I start making my up,over,and down to the floor to reclaim the title!I am annoucned as the NEW CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Champion to a small chorus of boos after an average match. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware in 11:30 via Cage Escape(Rude Awakening) to win the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Dennis Condrey def. Dutch Mantell Robert Gibson def. Kareem Muhammad Jerry Lawler def. Lanny Poffo Austin Idol went to a double DQ with Steve Keirn Attendance: 2,301 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] MACW: Nikita Koloff def. Dory Funk,Jr. for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title GCW: Ronnie Garvin def. Road Warrior Hawk to retain the National TV Title

[QUOTE=Moderndaywarrior;207185]As this dynasty goes on,please let me know if there are any improvments I can make to my format;also let me know if there are any promotions or workers I should follow,I'd be more than happy to provide more in-depth results if desired. And before you say it Lou,yes I am following Mark Calloway already;unfortunately I forgot to edit the database and give him am initial contract when I started so he is still sitting around at home without a job. :mad:[/QUOTE] I wasn't going to mention him, though. I would like for you to keep following Superstar Billy Graham, please. Mark wasn't really employed until the summer of '84 anyway in real life.

[QUOTE=captainlou;208026]I wasn't going to mention him, though. I would like for you to keep following Superstar Billy Graham, please. Mark wasn't really employed until the summer of '84 anyway in real life.[/QUOTE] You got it Lou.:) Fortunately,the man Dusty calls "Supastah",is working solely for CWF,so we've been able to keep up with him so far as he works the same cards Rude does.This would be during his "Bald headed Karate Guy" phase,I believe, eventually he will turn against Kevin Sullivan,become a face,and cut one of the best promos(The one where he is "chained to the desert floor to cleanse the evil") EVER in wrestling.

[B][U]Sunday, Week 2, June 1983:[/U][/B] Eddie Graham called me yesterday afternoon;he told me due to some major storyline elements that were playing out this week,he had to eiliminate most of the undercard action from the TV taping,so I would not be used.I enjoyed the opportunity to rest in the comfort of my own hom for almost a full weekend,I caught the CWF TV program on Satellite TV later on [B][U]On The Program:[/U][/B] Mike Rotundo def. Black Bart Brad Armstrong vs. Adrian Street ended in a Double DQ Bobby Duncum def. Terry Allen to retain the Florida TV Title Kevin Sullivan & The Purple Haze def. Barry Windham & Scott McGhee Dusty Rhodes def. Ron Bass Superstar Billy Graham def. Blackjack Mulligan [B][U]Monday,Week 3,June 1983:[/U][/B] Serious road trip today...is appears Carlos Colon from Puerto Rico's WWC is trying to consolidate his hold on that region;he called up and asked us to run a card down there today.On the way in,I see the flyers announcing the event has me listed against Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title,in a First Blood Match,which apparently is a big deal here in Puerto Rico.This could get brutal... [B][U]Match 34: Rick Rude vs Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title (First Blood Match):[/U][/B] Being the Champion,I come out first;As I wait,Koko enters the ring and immediately I rush him with a series of Punches and the match is on!Unfortunately there was some technical difficulty with the cameras so the match was not filmed (i.e. Accidently bumped the button and lost the match log before I wrote it up).The match saw Koko fight his way back and get me in trouble early with mat based wrestling,hitting a German Suplex, a Running Powerslam and a series of Over the Ropes Slingshot moves within the first 6 minutes.Eventually I turn the momentum with an Eye Rake and fight back,using my power to get him in trouble before throwing him Over the Tope Rope to the floor.We get into a brutal fight on the arena floor for a full 12 minutes which sees back and forth action involving the Guard Rail,Koko getting Press Slammed through a table then fighting back to hit me with a Running Plancha and later a Flying Headscissors from the Top Rope to the arena floor,then wild brawling before I hit him with a series of Piledrivers on the concrete floor,then set up a Steel Chair and Slam Koko's Face into it,causing him to bleed to pick up the win.The was incredibly into the match,leading multiple chants,and screaming wildly in Spanish when I won;Later on I would learn this was partially because the announcer mistranslated the title as the "CWA Central American Heavyweight Title" [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Ref Stoppage in 25:50 to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Rating: A[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B]Brawling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Phil Hickerson def. Troy Graham The Zambuie Express def. Terry Taylor and Bobby Fulton Austin Idol,Randy Savage,Lanny Poffo & Dennis Condrey went to a time limit draw with Steve Keirn,Jerry Lawler, & The Rock 'N Roll Express [B]Dutch Mantell def. Bill Dundee for the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Stan Lane def. Ken Patera for the AWA International Title[/B] Attendance: 268 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Sunday:[/B] PNW: Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski def. Rip Oliver & The Assassin for the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team Titles [B]Monday:[/B] AJPW: Kuniaki Kobayashi def. Atsushi Onita for the NWA International Junior Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 3, June 1983:[/U][/B] The road trip continues as I fly out to Phoenix,the location of this week's CWF house show.I barely have enough time to rest a little before working out and heading to the arena;tonight I will be on the lower card with Black Bart against Brad Armstrong and Terry"Magnum T.A."Allen in a Tag Team Match.Word is Allen is in line for a major push,we'll see how that works out.. [B][U]Match 35: Rick Rude & Black Bart vs. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen:[/U][/B] Allen and I start it off with the Collar and Elbow Tie Up,I get the advantage and scoop him up into a Bodyslam.He powers his way up from my Rear Chinlock and grabs me in a Standing Side Headlock before taking me over to the mat.He goes for a Rear Chinlock but I punch free and we begin trading Punches,I come out on the losing end and he unleashes a Flurry of Punches on me.As he comes in to press his advantage I quickly sidestep and whip him into the corner,he staggers out and I catch him with a Bodyslam and make the tag.Allen gets to his feet just in time for Bart to lift him up and deliver a Backbreaker then clamp on the Rear Chinlock.Now it is Allen who is weakening and Bart falls on him with a Grounded Double Axe Handle but Allen moves and Bart hits the mat.Before Bart can recover,Allen has him in a Standing Side Headlock,he takes it to a Front Facelock,then they clinch up for a Top Wrist Lock.Bart uses his size to overpower Allen in the Top Wrist Lock,grabs his arm,Wrings it,then Smashes it.Bart doubles him over with a Kick to the Gut,then picks him up,Presses him over his head,and Slams him to the mat.Bart jumps and lands with both feet in his Stomach,then drops straight down with a Big Elbow Drop to the chest.Allen is looking in trouble as Bart Stomps away on him before finally he rolls away,crawls across the ring and tags in Armstrong.Armstrong throws a weak Punch and Bart comes right backwith an Eye Rake,then Punches him,puts him in a Standing Side Headlock and when the ref is not looking,Punches him again.Bart is in total control as he applies a Hammerlock and twists,then begins wailing on his shoulder with a series of blows.Bart lifts Armstrong from behind and delivers a Backbreaker,holds on,and lifts him again into a second Backbreaker.Bart Slams his face into the mat and delivers a series of Punches to Armstrong's Ear.Bart can see his opponent weakening and goes for a Knee Drop,but Armstrong moves and Bart hits the mat awkwardly.As he clutchles his knee,Armstrong ties him up and delivers a Knee to the Arm before turning him over into a Straddled Arm Bar.Armstrong leaps and delivers a Fistdrop to the Forehead of the prone Bart before switching to an Inside Toe Hold.Bart is looking very weak and Armstrong signals to the crowd,then rushes in and tries to apply some sort of Choke Hold but Bart has regained his senses and pushes him off,then crawls over and tags me in.I run in to a chorus of boos and Armstrong launches a Punch but I grab his arm and wring over so violently he flops to the mat.I go for a cheap punch but Armstrong catches my hand,powers up and pulls me toward him to deliver a Short Arm Knee...but wait I slip inside his Knee,grab his head,and drop back,reversing it into a DDT!I make the cover,Armstrong gets out just after two;as we rise I catch him with a Bionic Elbow and go for the Rude Awakening;he shoves me off,Charges,and wails me with his Forearm.He goes to drive his knee into me but I roll clear and set him for a Rude Awakening,he shoves me off and leaps onto my shoulder to give me a Spinning Head Scissors but I set my feet,grab him and pull him back towards me...as I do that he lets go with a Flurry of Punches to my face and I drop him;he lands on his fet and leaps back up into a Dropkick that sends me into the Corner.He Dropkicks me in the Corner and I slump to the mat;he moves in for a Toe Hold but kick him away,recover,and lift him for a Back Suplex but somehow he twists and lands on his feet instead of going over.He takes a swing at me but I duck and he goes off balance,quickly I grab him,turn,and deliver The Rude Awakening!I make the cover and Bart comes in to knock Allen off the apron as the ref counts 1...2...3 and we pick up the win.The crowd neither got into the match nor hated it,it was about average. [B][U]Rick Rude & Black Bart def. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 11:50[/U][/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Scott McGhee def. Mike Davis Ron Bass def. Mike Graham Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Adrian Street & Angelo Mosca Superstar Billy Graham def. The Purple Haze Barry Windham def. Kevin Sullivan to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Attendance: 422 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] Nothing special,the only item of interest was AJPW's Tuesday card saw a Double Main Event with Stan Hansen picking up the win over Mil Mascaras and Bruiser Brody going to a Time Limit Draw with Giant Baba.

[QUOTE=Moderndaywarrior;201980]Funny you should mention technical knowledge as that match bumped Rude up from an F to an E in Chain Wrestling; he is starting to get to where the wrestlers with an good amatuer background can still work him over but they have to work for it now, and Rude can hang a little bit with anyone less skilled. I am glad to see you are enjoying the diary and it had an effect on you; my intent always has been to combine the gameplay with some imagination and view it through the Mind's eye to tell an interesting story and hopefully showcase the level the enjoyment that is possible with this wonderful game.In all honesty though,a lot of credit has to go to you guys for the hours of meticulous work you put into the D.O.T.T. Mod;it truly is one of the most complete and detailed mods I have ever seen for any game,it perfectly captures the atmosphere of that era and greatly increases my enjoyment of the game.[/QUOTE] I second that, D.Boon. It's you and the others for giving us the oportunity to do these. Thanks, again.

[B][U]Wednesday,Week 3,June 1983:[/U][/B] Bill Watts is doing a test project with this week's TV taping of Mid-South Wrestling;he shipped us all up to Pennsylvania and booked us into the Field House in Hamburg,traditional WWF territory.With all the excitement over several promotions getting National airtime on various TV channels,I guess he wants to "test the waters".He has Rip and I teaming as The Convertible Blondes against The Hacksaws,whom we've had good matches with in the past;in fact due to those matches we are now being used more in the middle of the card then we were before.The people here are used to a different style of booking so we need to put on a decent match to impress them,here goes... [B][U]Match 36: The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws:[/U][/B] Rogers and Duggan start it off with the Collar and Elbow Tie Up,Rogers takes over with a Standing Side Headlock,Duggan reverses to a Side Headlock of his own,then Rogers reverses him back into another Standing Side Headlock before pouding away on Duggan with Punches, Forearms, and Headbutts.Eventually Duggan blocks a Punch,puts Rogers in a Side Headlock and begins Wrenching;Rogers counters by reaching underneath and scooping him up into a Backbreaker.Duggan clutches at his back and Rogers is right on top of him with a Rope Assisted Knee Drop and Choke Hold.The ref warns Rogers about the choke so he switches grips and Slams Duggan's head into the mat and begins Rubbing his face into the canvas.Rogers turns to the ref and smugly asks him if tha was legal,they get into an argument,allowing Duggan time to recover and make the tag to Reed.Reed comes in as Rogers turns around,expecting Duggan to still be laying there but instead is greeted by a thunderous Roundouse Punch then sens him to the ground!Reed goes to follow up but Rogers gets to one knee,puts him in a Waistlock and drives him into our corner,hold him,and tags me in.We try to get Reed locked up for one of us to get some free shots in but he begins wailing away on both of us with punches until I manage to secure a Front Facelock.I hang on and squeeze until the pace has slowed enough,then open up with Punches,Kicks,and Forearms until he is dazed,then grab his arm and pull him into a Short Arm Knee Lift.I try to scoop him up be sets his feet and as I struggle,he hits me with a Punch to the face and before I can recover,puts me in a Standing Side Headlock.He squeezes for several seconds before I manage to get both hands on his back and push while yanking my head backward to free myself;Reed goes forward as I go back and as he turns to me I meet him with a Dropkick.I catch him with a Punch on the mat and he stands,an Elbow to the top of the head.Quickly I lock my arms around him in a Bear Hug,then drive him across the ring into the Turnbuckles,back first.I lay in an Elbow in the corner and the fans begin booing and taunt me;I turn to the crowd and call them a bunch of fat,ugly,out-of-shape rednecks before turning my attention to Reed,but he has recovered and blasts me with a Punch,then takes me right back into a Standing Side Headlock.He Wrings my Arm and begins Punching me,I take a desparation swing at him but he ducks,puts me back in a Side Headlock,and begins Wrenching the hold.Finally he lets go and as I try to clear the cobwebs,Runs and flattens me with a big Clothesline.He hits me with a Double Axe Handle on the Ground and turns to flex for the fans;I recover and carefully wait for my spot...Reed apparently can't hear all the people screaming at him to turn around as I sneak up,grab his Arms out the air,and twist it into a Hammerlock.Before I can apply much pressues,Reed wrenches his arm free,spins,and floors me with a second Clothesline.He raises his arms up to deliver an Axe Handle,but before he can drop I get back up and Rake my fingers across his Eyes,blinding him.He takes a few wild swings in the wrong direction before I unleash a Flurry of Punches to the head,back up,get a Running Start and plaster him in the jaw with a Running Knee.Reed crumples to the mat and I immediately grab his legs,exchange a few insults with the fans,and turn him over into a Boston Crab....time ticks by and Reeds can't escape...the ref checks his arm once....twice...and Duggan can't take anymore,he runs in and boots me off of Reed.The ref removes Duggan from the ring as Reed gets up very slowly,favoring his back.I stalk him...grab his head...twist...and snap him down with The Rude Awakening..1...2..Duggan comes in and stomps me to break the pinfall!I drag Reed to our corner and tag Rogers,then set Reed for a Piledriver,but Reed backdrops me,sprints,and makes the diving tag to Duggan.Duggan charges in and cathes Rogers with a hard Shoulder Tackle,picks him up and delivers a Backbreaker,holds on,and Delivers a second Backbreaker.Duggan lets Rogers up and delivers a hard clothesline;at this point the fans are blowing the roof off of the place,anticipating a win for The Hacksaws.Duggan moves in,Rogers scurries away and tags me;as I climb in he immediately grabs my Head between his hands and begins squeezing,the pressure is so great I drop to the mat and he hits me with the Seated Hammer.He drags me to the Ropes and uses them as he chokes me with his Boot,then grabs me by the feet,drags me back to the middle of the rings,and turns me over into a Boston Crab;the crowds goes nuts again,no doubt the enjoy seeing me in the same hold I almost put Reed out with a few minutes ago.Duggan leans back and the pressure is on,fortunately I am up to push up onto my hands and drag him to the ropes to force a break.We jockey for position near the ropes,with noone gaining an upper hand,until Duggan nails me with a wicked Clothesline that sends us both over the top rope to the concrete floor.He recovers first,grabs me by the back of the head,and Slams my face into the conrete before dragging me back in;he goes for a Stomp but I roll away then do the only thing I can think of,I grab him in a Front Facelock and hang on for dear life.For 90 seconds I keep the hold up until the crowd has calmed down,then slip behind,lift Duggan up,and Back Suplex him into the Turnbuckles.Before I can press the advantage,Duggan Punches his way out of the corner and tries to apply a Bear Hug;I quickly clap him in the ears to stun him,then lift him up Gutwrench style,and turn him over into a Backbreaker.I pick him up and hit him with the Bionic Elbow,setting off a back and forth brawl which ends with Duggan flooring me a Big Roundhouse,then picking me up,putting my head between his knees,and Jumping up in a Standing Headscissors.I go down and roll around in obvious pain,Duggan plays to the crowd,and I slip something out of my tights into my hand.Duggan comes in to follow up and I meet him with a Punch from the loaded hand,he slumps to the mat and I roll on top of him..1..2...kick out! I turn to the ref and argue the count as Duggan recovers,he grabs me from behind,spins me,and throws a Punch,I duck and again hit him with the loaded fist,I drop into a cover...1..2.....kick out just before 3!Again I argue with the ref about the speed of the count,we get nose to nose and while we argue Duggan is up,he gets behind me and stalks me....wait...Rogers is in and hits Duggan with a cheap shot from behind,he stumbles into me as I argue,I quickly turn,Kick him,then twist and drop him with The Rude Awakening..1...2....Reed makes the save! Frustrated,I launch a big punch,he ducks,then scoops me up with one hand,turns me upside down,but I hold on,twist,and land on him...1..2....kick out!I recover first and land a series of Punches,then double him up with a kick,position him,and deliver a Piledriver!1...2.....kick out right before 3!The crowd goes nuts as Duggan just won't go down and he starts to get pumped up,blocking every thing I do,then flooring me with a Shoulder Tackle.He picks me up and locks in The Full Nelson and I slump over....this could be it...No,Rogers is in and makes the save!Duggan tags out and Reed comes in,he tries to Clothesline but I duck,then take a cue from Jerry Lawler as I hit Reed with a Flurry of Punches,then finish a solid Right that sends him slumping to the mat.Exhausted,I drop down on top of him...1....2....3!The crowd goes bananas as Rip hits the ring and helps me up;the crowd is VERY upset we managed to pull one out over Duggan & Reed,all sorts of trash flies into the ring and a heavy police escort comes out after a few people try coming into the ring;it takes forever before they calm down enough that we can sneak out of there. [B]The Convertible Blondes def. The Hacksaws via Pinfall(Knock Out Punch) in 28:00[/B] [B]Rating:A+[/B] [B]Brawling Improved 1%[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Terry Taylor & Dr.Death def. The Blade Runners King Kong Bundy def. Crusher Darsow Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia def. JYD & Magnum T.A. Attendance:407 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AWA: The Sheiks def. The High Flyers for the AWA Tag Team Titles GCW: The Road Warriors def. Buzz Sawyet & Tommy Rich to retain the National Tag Team Titles UWA: Enrique Vera def. Villano III for the UWA World Middleweight Title

[B][U]Friday,Week 3,June 1983:[/U][/B] MSW heads to Boston as the tour of the Northeast continues;tonight will be a re-match of Wednesday's mid-card bout from MSW TV,The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws.Hopefully we can live up to the quality of our last bout and make more of a name for ourselves. [B][U]Match 37:The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws:[/U][/B] Duggan and Rogers are in the ring;Duggan takes a quick start by rushing Rogers and stunning him with a pair of Punches,then an Arm Wringer.A Kick to the Gut doubles Rogers up and Duggan grabs a Standing Side Headlock.Duggan maintains his grip,turns Rogers towards him and delivers a big Headbutt which sends Rogers down.Before Rogers can recover,Duggan gets a Running start and delivers a Kick to the Head;he picks Rogers up and tries to pull him in by one arm but Rogers turns the tables by setting his feet,yanking Duggan in,and going into a Front Facelock.Rogers keeps the pressure on with the Facelock for almost a minute before Duggan begins to slow;he drags him to our corner,tags me in,I also grab him front the front and we take him over with a Double Suplex.Duggan scrambles to his feet and we exchange blows until I take advantage with a pair of Clubbing Blows,pick him up and turn him upside down with One Arm,and Slam him to the mat.I grab him by the head and begin softening him for my finisher by Slamming his Face into the Mat,then holding on with a Grounded Side Headlock.I back off and deliver a Running Kick to the Head,drop the Seated Hammer,then as goes prone,I drop a Knee across his head.Duggan is looking in big trouble as I pick him up and deliver a Punch,then tuck his head into position and drop straight down with a Piledriver.I make the cover...1..2..kick out!As Duggan stumbles up,I move into position in front of him but when I go to grab his head,he Punches me,the lifts me up into a quick Backbreaker.I grab my back in pain and Duggan lifts his arms up over his head and falls on me with a Grounded Double Axe Handle,but I get my knees up and he hits them hard.We both lay on the mat for a few seconds,then stagger up at the same time;I throw a desparation shot and catch him with the Back of my Fist;I go to turn him but he grabs my arm,I begin Kicking him in the leg to break his grip,then deliver a Knee to the Gut and spin behind him.I try to lock in a Sleeper but Duggan gets his hands up and grabs my wrists,pries my arms open,then turns,grabs my head,and delivers a Driving Knee Lift.Duggan takes his time getting over to me,allowing me to catch him with a cheap shot,then go to work with Punches,Bionic Elbows,and Clubbing Blows.I get him dizzy and move in for the Rude Awakening but he catches me with a Double Axe Handle as I come in,then fals on me with a Grounded Double Axe Handle.He ties my arms up and hit a Seated Hammer,then picks me up and drops me back to the mat with another Standing Double Axe Handle.The crowd starst to cheer as he Slams my Face into the Mat and delivers a quick series of Stomps,then makes the tag to Reed.Reed comes in as i get to my feet and grabs me by tha throat with one hand;I lower my stance and drive him back into the ropes to forces a break and we up jockeying for position.After several seconds,Reed comes out on top when my arm gets up in the ropes,and Reed pounds away on my head with Punches.Finally,the ref gets me free and I slump to the mat,Reed moves right in and delivers a Flurry of Stomps,then grabs my legs and tries to turn me over but I get hold of the ropes before anything happens and scurry towards my corner.Reed follows me but doesnt see I have made a tag;as he comes over Rogers steps in behind him and ties him up,allowing me to deliver a few free shots.Reed gets right back up and gets caught with a Bodyslam,Rogers grabs a Grounded Side Headlock,gets his back to the ref,and turns it into a Choke Hold.Rogers fires out a kick but Reed moves away,causing Rogers to lose his balance;as he staggers forward Reed meets him and delivers a Suplex.Rogers favors his lower back heavily and Reed slowly moves in,only to have his Eyes Raked.Rogers gets up and lands a Euopean Uppercut on the blinded Reed,then applies a Hammerlock,steps to the side,a drives a Knee into Reed's Gut.Reed doubles forward and Rogers grabs him by the hair and pulls him to the mat,eliciting some boos.Rogers rakes his Boot Laces across the eyes of Reed and Kicks him in the Back 3 times.Rogers drops the Elbow on Reed's chest and picks him up,but Reed fights back with a series of Punches,then a Shoulder Tackle;he picks Rogers up and puts him in a Hammerlock,then drives him into the turnbuckles arm first.Rogers is stunned and sags in the corner;Reed comes in and delivers a series of brutal Stomps,leaving Rogers on the mat.Reed picks Riogers up from behind and goes for a Full Nelson but Rogers lifts his arms straight up and slips out of the hold and stumbles towards our corner.Reed charges him,but Rogers ducks and Reed flies bewteen the turnbuckles and hits the post in our corner with his shoulder hard.Rogers makes the tag and I come in as reed is still sandwiched inbetween the Turnbuckles,so I begin hammering him with Double Axe Handles and after a few seconds Rogers joins me,we beat Reed down to the mat.I move in and try to apply a Headlock but Reed gets hold of my arms and powers his way back up.I slips an arm free and take back over with Forearm Blows,then back up and get a running start;I stick my arm out to Clothesline him but before I connect he gets a foot up and Big Boots me in the face.I go down hard and Reed gets a burst of energy;he bounces off the far ropes and leaps high up into the air for a Splash,but I move and he hits chest first!Reed seems to have his wind knocked out as I manage to struggle up first,I grab his legs and turn him over into a Boston Crab,trying to capitalize on the missed move;I sit back and the pressure is on,but Reed has more than enough strength to turn himself back over to break the hold.As he gets back up I catch him with a Forearm and the crowd gets on my case,I get upset and tell them to shut up,then sneer at Reed and deck him with a Roundhouse Punch.Reed is stunned and I move to finish him,he counters by grabbing my throat but before he can lift me I Knee him in the Gut.I try to turn him for The Rude Awakening but he powers back around until we are face to face,then tries to lift me up over his head but he is too weak and can't get me up;I land on my feet,twist him around,and deliver The Rude Awakening.I roll on top and the ref counts it...1...2...3!We celebrate in the ring to a good round of boos(and a few cheers) from the crowd;although not as good as Wednesday's match up,it was still well received. [B]The Convertible Blondes def. The Hacksaws via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 21:10[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Magnum T.A. & Mr.Wrestling II def. Lord Humongous & Blade Runner Sting Buddy Landell & Crusher Darsow def. Mr.Olympia & King Kong Bundy Tim Horner def. Blade Runner Rock to retain the Louisiana State Championship Terry Taylor def. Ernie Ladd Ted DiBiase def. JYD to retain the North American Heavyweight Title Attendance: 415 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Thursday:[/B] ASWUK: Drew McDonald def. Terry Jowett for the British Commonwealh Middleweight Title [B]Friday:[/B] WCCW: Kerry Von Erich,David Von Erich & Dick Murdoch def. Kamala, Greg Valentine, & Michael Hayes for the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Titles WWC: Inferno#1 def. Invader#3 for the WWC World Junior Heavyweight Title DCW: Michael Kirschner def. Sabu for the Big Time TV Title

• 3 weeks later...
[B][U]Saturday,Week 3,June 1983:[/U][/B] I have a decision to make today; Saturday is the regular CWA TV Taping but it is also the day Bill Watts MSW is running its big monthly show in Shreveport, both promoters have been more than kind to me as far as bookings so I am torn.I decide to check with both promoters to see what they have on tap for me and the decision is made all the easier when Jerry Jarrett tells me they don't really have anything for me this week due to a pair of upper card matches scheduled to go to a Time Limit Draw.I call Watts and he tells me he wants to put The Convertible Blondes in a lower card matchup so I head down to Louisiana,when I check in they tell me we'll be going against the talented rookie,Steve Williams,and the Englishman,"Gentleman"Chris Adams;both are well popular in the Mid South so it could get rough... [B][U]Match 38: The Convertible Blondes vs Steve Williams & Chris Adams:[/U][/B] I start it off with Williams and go for a standard Collar and Elbow to open it up,but he shoves me off so hard I fly into the Corner then grabs my head and Smashes it off the Turnbuckle.I go down like a ton of bricks and he follows right up with a Grounded Front Facelock and grinds before switching up to a Grounded Hammerlock.I am already starting to weaken and Williams takes the opportunity to really start Wrenching the Hammerlock,then tie me up and deliver the Seated Hammer.I fall to my back and he grabs my feet and delivers a Spread-Eagled Stomp,then grabs my arm for apply an Arm Bar but I slide away and go for my corner,but Williams cuts me off and lifts me up over his head;I wriggle and twist enough to break his balance and end up falling on top of him,but I only get a 1 count.I reover first and apply a Front Facelock and make a desparate run for our corner as I am already in bad trouble.Williams cuts me off again and goes behind but I reverse into a go behind of my own and make the tag.Williams doesn't see the tag and goes for me,allowing Rogers to tie him up,then I join him and we take Williams up and over with a Double Suplex.Williams bounces right back up and Rogers catches him ina Bodyslam then begins Choking him.The ref catches the illegal hold and Rogers switches it to a Rear Chinlock but it gives Williams enough time to pry Rogers hands away,power up to his feet,and twist him into a Standing Side Headlock.Williams grinds away then slips to the side and Suplexes Rogers before delivering a Fistdrop to his Forehead.Rogers is on the mat and in pain as Williams drags him to the Ropes and uses them to propel him self upward and deliver a hard Knee Drop.Williams tries to mount Rogers and administer some sort of submission but Rogers breaks it up by reaching back amd pulling Williams around in a Headlock,Williams powers free immediately and Presses Rogers high over his head and holds him there for several seconds before Slamming him to the mat.Williams picks Rogers up but Rogers Rakes his Eyes and takes him into a Front Facelock.They end up in a competition which each one tries to Bodyslam the other bu both men block the move and Rogers ends up behind Williams,he tries to lift him but Williams simply drags Rogers to his corner and tags in Adams.Adams sprints in and fires off a beautiful Martial Arts type Kick but Rogers sees it and ducks;he quickly ties Adams up and brings him to our corner,tags me,then hold Adams while I deliver a few free shots.A few Punches on the ground and I take it to a Rear Chinlock until Adams twists free and drives his Knee into my Stomach.He tries some kind of slidng trip on me but doesn't havethe strength to take me down;i stand fast and pound him down with Clubbing Blows and go for a Rear Chinlock,he reverses into a go behind and locks in The Abdominal Stetch;it hurts but I manage to hang on and eventually he gets frustrated and releases me.He tries again to Trip me but cant get me over so he fires a Kick at me in frustration but I step up and throw a shot,catching him with the Back of my Fist,then put him in a Bear Hug and drives him back first into the Turnbuckles.I deliver a series of blows in the corner and the fans really begin getting on my case;I turn and call them a bunch of greasy, out of shape rednecks,but that gives Adams enough time to recover,sneak up,and put me in a Sleeper;the ref checks but I am nowhere near ready to quit yet but I am stunned,Adams leaps up and fires out a kick but I duck and he sails right over and crashes to the mat.I slam his face into the mat and drop a Double Axe Handle but Adams moves and as i get up he tries yo kick me in the face,but I sidestep and he misses.I throw a punch but he counters by trapping my hand,then taking me over with a Judo Throw.He puts a Grounded Hammerlock on and begins Wrenching.He goes behind and tries to tie me up but I elbow free and scoop him up,he wriggles free and throws a big kick at my head but I duck and grab his arm,he counters with a nice Judo High Toss,sending me to the mat hard.He tries to tie me up on the mat in some sort of submission but I kick him with my free foot and it stuns him long enough for me to recover and drop him with a Clubbing Blow and clamp on a Rear Chinlock.I have the pressure on for 30 seconds before Adams works his way free and again tries to trip me up but can't manage it.I throw a punch and again Adams shows off the Judo skills by using my momentum to take my over with a Hip Throw.He tries to tie me up but I sit out,end up behind him,and take him over with a Back Suplex.I try to slam his head into the mat but he locks my arms up and tries to take me over but I power free,spin him,then set him for a Back Suplex,carry him to a corner a Back Suplex him into the Turnbuckle.Sunshine gets up on the apron and tries to distract me,I point it out to the ref who gets her off the apron but while we argue,Adams heads for his corner.I barely catch Adams and begin hitting him with Punches and set him for a Neckbreaker,again Sunshine gets on the apron and I yell at the ref to move her,giving Adams the time he needs to wriggle free.Again he tries to trip me,this time I counter by Kicking him in the leg and again set a Rude Awakening,and again Sunshine gets on the apron,I let go of Adams to deal with her but before I make it there he catches me in the Abdominal Stretch.I fall to the mat and am too weak to prevent him from tagging to Williams and the crowd cheers wildly.Williams hits the ring and tries to ties me up but I scurry right away and tag Rogers,who comes in and catches Williams in a Front Facelock,then begins pounding him with Punches,Kicks,and Headbutts.A back and froth brawl breaks out and Williams gets the better of it with a Bionic Elbow,then floors Rogers with a Standing Clothesline.Williams picks Rogers up and lifts him overhead but Rogers twists and comes down on him,the ref counts it and Williams kicks out with authority right before two.Williams ducks a Punch and takes Rogers down with a Side Headlock Takeover,then runs,leaps high,and drops a knee...onto nothing when Rogers moves away.Rogers Slams Williams Face into the Mat and Punches him several times before going into a long Rear Chinlock,using his other hand to Choke Williams whenever the ref can't see it.Finally Williams pries Rogers hands away and bends to set him for a Gutwrench,but Rogers Headbutts him as he leans in,then scoops him into a Backbreaker.Rogers delivers a kick to Williams back,then picks him up and hammers away with Forearms and Punches until Williams gets woozy,when he picks Williams up onto his shoulder,gets a Running start,and twists him to the mat with a Powrslam..1..2...kick out at 2 1/2!Rogers drags the still woozy Williams up,sets him,and delivers a Piledriver..1..2...kick out!Rogers tries to pick Williams up again but this time Williams slugs his way to his feet and laucnhes forward in a Football Tackle but Rogers moves and Williams lands awkwardly,allowing Rogers to make the tag to me.We go for the Double Team but Williams shoves both of us away,runs over,and makes a diving tag to Adams.Adams and I begin brawling and it goes back and forth until he catches me off guard with an Enziguri Kick,which pretty much knocks me out;Rogers told me later after i went down he applied some sort of a Step Over Leg Lock and the ref stopped the match,the crowd came to their feet at the end and popped so loud they almost blew the roof off the place while Rogers helped me to the back.I was definitely happy we were able to pull out such a good match after all the fast action at the beginning. [B][U]Steve Williams & Chris Adams def. the Convertible Blondes via Submission(Step over Leg Lock) in 28:20[/U][/B] [B]Rating:A+[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/U][/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Hacksaw Duggan & Magnum T.A. def. Blade Runner Rock & Lord Humongous Buddy Landell def. Rick Steiner Jim Garvin def. Crusher Darsow Ted DiBiase def. Butch Reed to retain the North American Heavyweight Title Mr.Olympia & Kamala def. JYD & King Kong Bundy Attendance:2,629 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Ronnie Garvin def. Road Warrior Animal, Rick Martel & Bruno Smmartino Jr. def. Road Warrior Hawk and The Spoiler ASW: Master Sgt.Tomko def. Moose Morowski for the Canadian Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Sunday,Week 4, June 1983:[/U][/B] Sunday is CWF TV and still feeling the effects of working with "Dr.Death" last night,I put up some serious mileage driving to the TV studio,then sneak in a bit of rest while checking the booker's sheet; I am paired up with the....rather...unique..."Exotic" Adrian Street against up-and-comers Brad Armstrong and Terry"Magnum T.A."Allen. [U][B]Match 39: Rick Rude & Adrian Street vs. Terry Allen & Brad Armstrong:[/B][/U] Allen and Street feel each other out to start and Allen takes over after firing a Knife Edge Chop into Street's chest,which sends him to the mat.Allen drives a Knee into the Leg and clamps on the Grounded Arm Bar.He twists the arm behind into a Hammerlock but Street turns in and reverses into a Hammerlock.Street turns the arm over into a Standing Arm Bar and applies pressure util Allen Forearms his way out.Allen tries to lock up but Street slips under his grasp and takes it into a Hammerlock,Allen twists back around and turns it into a Standing Arm Bar,then used his free hand to Punch Street.Allen puts the stunned Street in a Headlock and takes him over to the mat.Allen locks on the Grounded Arm Bar,then measures for an Elbow but Street rolls clear,causing Allen to land awkwardly on his arm.Street capitalises by putting the injured arm in an Arm Bar,then rolling it over into a Grounded Hammerlock.Allen eventually sits up then scoots around behind Street and delivers a Forearm to the Back,then clinches in the Hammerlock.Street begins fightout out and the end up at a point where they each have hold of the others' arm trying to twist it around into a hold.Allen breaks the stalemate with a Forearm and tries to drive a knee in but Street sidesteps and fires back with Forearm Blows until he is dizzy,then lifts Allen up and over with a Gutwrench Suplex and tries to tag but Allen catches him by the leg,spins him,and delivers a Standing Dropkick,then tags Armstrong while Street is recovering.Armstrong charges in and Street catches with in an Arm Drag but Armstrong rolls though then Bodyslams Street.Armstrong grabs Sreet by the foot but Street just kicks him off and tags me in.I come in and we lock in the standard Collar and Elbow;there is a bit of struggle for advantage until I get him off balance and deliver a pair of Clubbing Blows that send him down.He gets right back up and slips under my grasp and gets me in a Standing Side Headlock.It breaks into a slugfest,which I win with a series of unanswered Forearm Blows,then follow up with a Snap Suplex.The fans begin to boo and while I telling them to shut up(which only made the boo louder),Armstrong gets back up and when I turn around,greets me with a Side Headlock Takeover.He gets me on the mat with a Rear Chinlock,takes it into a Grounded Armbar,then a Body Scissors,before dropping the Elbow onto me.He drives a knee into my leg and pulls back sharply on it before going back to the Arm Bar and I finally make a rope to forces a break,then catch him as he comes back in with a Dropkick.Again he bounces right back up and nails me with a Flurry of Jab Punches;he tries to follow up but i pick up all of his Punches and when he extends a little too far,slips under him arm and Press him over my head,then Slam him to the canvas.I grab a Grounded Side Headlock and Drop a Knee onto his forehead,then Slam his Face into the mat two times;I cinch his arm and drop a Seated Hammer and again Slam his Face into the mat,I can feel things turning our way as I deliver a Falling Fistdrop to his Forehead.Armstrong rolls clear of a Stomp and fires a series of Jab Punches at me;he goes to follow up with a right hand but i cut him off with a Knee to the Gut,then pick him up and drop back with a Back Suplex.I hit with a Grounded Double Axe Handle but again he rolls free of a Stomp and catches me with a Knee to the Stomach;I double over and he whacks me with a Dropkick hard enough to send to me into the corner and makes the tag.Allen comes in and Kicks me in the Gut and tries to mount me for a series of Punches,but I shove him away,run to our corner,and tag in Street,who comes in and catches the charging Allen with an Arm Drag but Allen gets right back up and Knees him in the Stomach.Street doubles over and Allen floors him with a Standing Dropkick,then puts on the Straddled Arm Bar.Allen drives a Knee into the Arm twice and tries to turn Street back over into an Arm Bar but Street twists back and takes the advantges,turning Allen's arm over and Smashing it.Street scoops Allen into a Bodyslam and tries to lift him from behind but Allen spins behind and picks up Street,Atomic Dropping him across his knee.Street is down and cluchting his back as Allen Drives a Knee into the Arm,and locks in a Toe Hold but they are right at the rope and Street grabs it to force a break.Allen presses the advantage with a Flurry of Punches,then a big swing goes wide and Street clamps on a desparation Front Facelock.The weakened Street hangs on for over a minute until Allen powers out and leaps up into a Dropkick but Street sidesteps and Allen hits the mat back first;Street stalks him and as he stands back up,Street picks him up in a Fireman's Carry and begins spinning,dizzying Allen enough that when he sets him down he can Bodyslam him and tag me in.I come in and Slam his Face into the Mat and Spread Eagle his Legs,signal to the crowd,and Stomp him.I pick him up and deliver a seris of Forearms to the Back of the Head and get him in a Headlock but Allen starts powering up,turns back to back with me,and takes me over in a Backslide....ref count....out at 1.He grabs me by the jaw and delivers a Flurry of Punches,then a Dropkick who goes slightly off target,letting me take it without falling and as he recovers,scoop him,hold him upside down for several second with One Arm,and Bodyslam him down.I get a running Start to kick him but he gets his legs under him and charges into me with a Forearm,knocking me down.He kicks up into a Handstand and comes down with his Knees but I twist away and he hits the mat Knee first.The injured leg hampers Allen's ability to stand,letting me recover first;I pull him up into a Bear Hug,then ram his Back into the Turnbuckle.I rain blows on him in the corner and grab his head to smack it into the Turnbuckles bue he grabs the rope and stiffens to stop me.He grabs my arm and tries to yank,but throw my hand out and catch him with the Back of my Fist,which stuns him,I quickly grab,turn,and drop into The Rude Awakening,i make the fast cover and Bill Alnfonso counts 1,2,3!Street does his usual "antics" as I pose a little;overall it was an average match,more or less. [B]Rick Rude & Adrian Street def. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 27:00[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Scott McGhee & Mike Graham def. Mike Davis & Black Bart Ron Bass def. Mike Rotundo Bobby Duncum def. Barry Windham to retain the Florida TV Title Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,681 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] WWF: Rocky Johnson def. Don Muraco for the WWF Intercontinental Title IWA: The Rogeau Bros. def. Giles Poisson & Sailor White for the International Tag Team Titles AWGP: "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin & "Iron" Mike Sharpe def. Murder,Inc.(Steve Casey & Phil Lafon) for Maritimes tag Team Titles.

[QUOTE=Moderndaywarrior;225264]Thanks Outlaw,I consider it a great compliment coming from the writer of one of the best dynasties.[/QUOTE] Well thanks for the commpliment yourself. (As he sorta shuffles his feet and blushes.) But anyway, these are great write ups. I've never played the game, may have to check into getting it.

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;225466]Well thanks for the commpliment yourself. (As he sorta shuffles his feet and blushes.) But anyway, these are great write ups. I've never played the game, may have to check into getting it.[/QUOTE] It's certainly different than TEW but it's also a nice change to only have to worry about yourself,plus when you get a really good match going it is better(and more immersive) than any other wrestling game on the market which is why I do the dynasty; to showcase what is possible with a little imagination.

• 4 months later...
Ok,gonna try and get this sucker going again after an extended break;at this point,I am cannot make any guarantees about how regularly I will update it(due to RL).Anyway,where were we....oh yeah.... [B][U]Monday,Week 4, June 1983:[/U][/B] From Florida, it's back to the FABULOUS Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis,Tennesse for "CWA at the Mid-South Coliseum" as they called their weekly big house show.It has promoted for days now that tonight would Koko B. Ware return to take me on in a rematch for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title; footage had been shown last week of the brutal "First Blood" match in Puerto Rico the Monday before,Koko vowed to take revenge and my title,while Hart came out and claimed that "An out shape loser like Koko Ware" couldn't hope to stand a chance against "Simply Ravishing",let's head down to ringside... [B][U]Match 40:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title:[/U][/B] Koko comes out with his head still bandaged where I hit him with a chair last week and as soon as the bell rings, we charge into each other and lock up in a Collar and Elbow;I fling my right arm up and across his bandages with a Clubbing Blow which sends him to the mat.I slide down after him and apply a Grounded Side Headlock,for 30 I squeeze away while Lance Russell notes my unsportsmanlike conduct in going straight for the injury on Koko's forehead.I realease the hold,stand up,then drop my Knee down straight the injured Forehead;Koko rolls around on the mat clutching at his head before ending up in the ropes and using them to haul himself upright.He throws a Forearm Blow at me that is so weak it doesn't even slow me down as I hammer him with Punches and Forearm shots.A stiff Punch striaghtens Koko up and I switch up,ramming my Knee into his Gut and spinning behind him.I grab him by the back of the tights and pull him toward me to hit him but he shuffles his feet backward and as he comes back into me grabs me in a Standing Side Headlock.He switches to grab the back of my head and throw a European Uppercut but I lean back away from it and make a grab for his eyes,he counters by slapping my hand away and delivering a hard Punch to my face.A poorly thrown Forearm whizzes by and leaves Koko off-balance;I quickly grab him about the head and whip him over with a Snap Suplex.I grab him to continue my assault but he catches me with a Punch in the stomach and while I am bent over,hooking on a Front Facelock.Koko grabs my head in his hands and goes for a Headbutt,I wait until the last second,then throw my arm up and around his incoming head and pull it into a Front Facelock of my own.I apply the pressure until Koko begins to weaken again,then step back,sneer,spin to gain momentum,and promptly find myself airbone as Koko slipped under me while my back was turned,then used me momentum to scoop me over his shoulder and down to the mat in a classic Fireman's Carry Takedown.While I am trying to figure out what just happened, he drops his Knee down into my Leg then Punches me on the Ground,he goes for a Hammerlock but I go behind and start to Wring his Arm,but he just steps into it and grabs me in a Front Facelock.Stiff Punch stuns me,then he clamps on a Top Wrist Lock and bends me backward before slipping behind to slam his Forearm into the Back of my Head.He grabs me arm and twists into a Standing Arm Bar,then rins down Forearm Blows to stun me.Koko steps back,spins to gain momentum while leaping into the air,and finds him flying the wrong way as this time it is I who have slipped in to catch him in mid-flight,then turn him over into a Bodyslam.I grab him by the back of the head and Slam his bandaged Head into the Mat,then begin to Rub it into and across the Mat,drawing a chorus of boos for once again going after the injury.As I grind his Face into the Mar,Koko makes a rope to force a break,stands up,and immediately catapults himself off the second rope toward me,but before he can do anything I catch him in mid air,turn him cross-wise,and drop him across my knee with a Backbreaker,then maintaining my grip,pick him back up to deliver a second Backbreaker.Koko is down and hurt,and once again I go right for the injury as I Drop a Fist into his Forehead,then back off,bounce off the ropes,and deliver a Running Kick to the Forehead.As he is rolling around on the mat,clutching his head and screaming in Agony,I stand over him,turn to the crowd, and do a little hip-gyrating dance to show the women what a REAL man looks like,then turn back,strike a Flexing Pose,and Drop and Elbow across his chest.Things really start going my way now as I sit him up and deliver a Seated Hammer,sit down on his chest,grab a handful of hair,and deliver a Flurry of Punches to the injured Forehead of Koko Ware.I pick him up,easily scoop and turn him upside down with One Hand,then hold him high on my shoulder for several seconds before tossing him down in a brutal Bodyslam.I begin setting up his neck for a Rude Awakening with a Rear Chinlock,but when I go to drop a Seated Hammer he scoots under my legs and as I turn to look for him,he charges and as he passes, Rolls me Up into a pin, but it's only a 1 count.I am caught off guard and Koko makes it back up first,he grabs me by the head and pulls his head back to deliver a Headbutt,but as he does I shoot my hands up,find his head,and pull him into me,then turn back to back,and snap into The Rude Awakening! The fans seriously get on my case with a flurry of insults as I stand up,put one foot on his chest,and Pul Morton counts one,two,three.Sadly,for all our work,it seems most of the fans could have cared less and went to the concession stands,of the few who remained, two beefy rednecks up front could be heard exclaiming "Aw,that sucked!" [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship in 10:00[/B] [B][U]Rating: E[/U][/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Phil Hickerson def. Troy Graham Norvell Austin def. Bobby Fulton Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor The Zambuie Express vs Robert Gibson & Dutch Mantell went to a double countout Rick Morton & Jerry Lawler def. Lanny Poffo & Randy Savage Kan Patera def. Steve Keirn Stan Lane def. Austin Idol to retain the AWA International Title Attendance: 2,191 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] No news of any importantace....though on a side note at today's AJPW show Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta in a match which for years will be looked upon as an all time classic in Japanese Professional Wrestling.

Thanks outlaw,as long as I know someone is enjoying it other than me. :) So today is: [B][U]Tuesday Week 4,June 1983:[/U][/B] I guess Jim Crockett must have asked for a favor as today we are off to North Carolina as the Stars of Championship Wrestling from Florida invade Charlotte! I check in after a long drive,somewhat refreshed from a good workout and a night sleeping in my own bed;I have a Tag match tonight against future prospects Mike Rotundo & Terry Allen,I guess I must be making an impression in CWF, at least upon one Sir Oliver Humperdink,as my partner is none other than.............Superstar Billy Graham! I hope its a good match,Graham and Humperdink have alot of pull with Eddie Marlin.... [B][U]Match 41: Rick Rude & Superstar Graham vs. Mike Rotundo & Terry Allen:[/U][/B] Graham & Rotundo start it off; Graham comes to the cetner of the ring and holds his hand up signalling he wants a Test of Strength,Rotundo looks to his hand,then the crowd,then turns back and blasts Billy with a Forearm Blow!Graham is staggered and Rotundo goes to the Front Facelock,he begins to power out but it goes to a clinch and Rotundo lands a European Uppercut.Rotundo opens up on Graham with a series of Punches until Graham throw an open hand out of desparation which catches Rotundo in the Throat.Graham Kicks the downed Rotundo in the chest and sets up for a second kick but Rontundo catches him coming in with a Snap Mare Takedown.Right away Rotundo goes to work on the mat with Side Headlocks,switching to a Head Scissors,then finally an Arm Bar,and begins grinding the Forearm into the exposed shoulder as Billy looks to be weakened.Finally,Graham makes his feet only to be caught by a Rotundo Dropkick which sends him into the Corner. Rotundo mounts up and delivers punches Graham in the head as the crowd counts along,leaving a dazed Superstar to fall to the mat.Rotundo is right on him with an Arm Bar until Billy summons the strength to power free,get to his feet,and scoop Rotundo up,but his arm is too weak and Rotundo falls down on top of him,Graham is out at 1.Rotundo recovers first and lands a Flurry of Punches,then begins taking it to Graham with Repeated European Uppercuts.....Graham looks in bad trouble as Rotundo cinches a waistlock and goes to lift,but wait Graham trips Rotundo as he lifts causing him to land on top of Rotundo....only a 1 count.This time it is Graham to recover first,he scoops Rotundo as he stands,and slam him to the mat in desparation,staggers to the corner,and tags me in.I know Rotundo is on fire right now and I need to slow things down,so I flex and point to a bicep to taunt him,and as Rotundo rushes in,I catch him in a Front Facelock and put the pressure on for nearly a full minute,gradually getting my back to the ref,until I am able to sneak my hand over his face and Rake his Eyes.He is momentarily blind,allowing me to grab him a Waistlock,then lift him up and drop him across my knee in a Backbreaker,exactly as he tried(and failed) to do to Graham earlier.I grab him about the head to follow up but he powers back up and tries to twist it into a Headlock but I power right back out,get underneath him,scoop, Overhead Press,then Slam him to the mat.Now it is Rotundo looking in trouble ad I grab a leg to turn him over,but he kick me away with his free foot,scoots across the ring,and tags in Allen.The crowd cheers as Allen comes in very fired up,wailing on me with Punches,Kicks,and Forearms until I am dazed,then grabs me by the head and fires off a nice Standing Dropkick.He grabs a leg and this time it is who kicks the opponent away,which buys me enough time to recover,and Scoop Slam him.I've got to slow Allen down before he steamrolls us,so in the time honored mat based tradition,I go to the Grounded Side Headlock for almost a full minute before Allen starts powering his way to his feet,but I catch him with a Clubbin Blow to the head which outs him back down and tag in Graham,drawing a great round of boos from the crowd as they see their favorite thwarted.Graham scoops him up sideways but Allen kicks off the turnbuckle,lands behind Graham,and picks him up into a devastating Atomic Drop.Allen tries to follow up by going to the injured arm but Graham is rested enough to power out of his grip and once again go to the equalizer,the Front Facelock.Finally,Allen's strength starts to wane a little,and Graham lifts him straight up Suplex style,then drops him onto his back.Graham drops the seated Hammer and begins punching away but Allen gets worked up and starts firing back with Punches,but Graham is too muscular and just brushes off the hits,grabs Allen,and Tosses him into the Corner.Graham closes and beats Allen down with a Flurry of punches,causing the crowd to come out of their seats, shouting and swear at him.Graham doesn't even break stride at this,he just turns to the fans,smiles,and flexes,which gets them even more riled!Meanwhile Allen has recovered and catches Graham off guard with a Small Package for a 1 count.Allen leaps up to Dropkick but Graham swats him aside like a fly and Allen comes down hard on his back.Graham is on him immediately with a series of kicks to the back,then when he rises,Graham floors him with a Big Roundhouse Punch.Graham leans in close and hollers "Nice try kid,but there's no way you could ever compete with perfection, Baby!".Even I could see the hatred in Allen's eyes at that one; he rises and charges Graham with his hand pulled back to hit Graham,but Graham just ducks under the swing to get behind,and takes advantage of the upraised arm to apply the Full Nelson,then picks Allen up and begins Swing him with the hold applied, it's The Superstar Full Nelson!Official Bill Alfonso checks the arm....it falls once....twice.....three times, that's it!Graham throws Allen to the floor and Rotundo helps him up as I come in and we both flex for the crowd;there was a lot of booing,but I think they were more pissed at the slow pace of the match than at us. [B][U]Rick Rude & Superstar Billy Graham def. Mike Rotundo & Terry Allen via Submission(Supertsar Swinging Full Nelson) in 14:40[/U][/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Black Bart def. Scot McGhee Adrian Street def. B.Brian Blair Bobby Duncum def. Mike Graham to retain the Florida TV Title Barry Windham def. Ron Bass to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Dusty Rhodes & BlackJack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 289 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] NJPW: Dynamite Kid def. Tiger Match for the WWF Junior Heavyweight Title WWF extended its deal with Don Kernodle

• 2 weeks later...
[B][U]Wednesday,Week 4,June 1983:[/U][/B] After my usual routine,it's out to Oklahoma for Mid-South Wrestling,when I arrive at the local gymnasium we are running the show in,I take a look and see who I have drawn tonight and it's a blast from the (somewhat recent) past:I'll be locking up with Art Crews in a rematch of our First Blood Match;let's hope it goes just as good this time as last... [B][U]Match 42: Rick Rude vs. Art Crews(First Blood Match):[/U][/B] Collar and Elbow Tie Up to start it off and Crews gets in the first offense by executing a Side Headlock Takeover.He tries to drive home a knee but I roll away, quickly get back up,and catch him as he stands with a Standing Arm Bar.I throw a heavy shot at him but he catches my arm in mid-swing and tries to twist it around,but I use my free arm to land a Clubbing Blow to the neck which sends Crews down.I land a series of Punches on the Grounded Crews before grabbing him by the head to raise him up and as we get up he laucnhes a Kick into my Gut but it just bounces right off to no effect;I maintain my grip,flex my Abdominal muscles to show off the development that let me absorb that blow,then spin around connect with a Discus Punch to the face of Crews.The difference between is really starting to show as I have gained experience and matured while Crews really has not,as evidenced by Crews already looking just about out of it as I Drop a Fist across his Forehead,he responds by getting to one knee and Punching me in the stomach,but I see it coming and use a trick I learned from watching Pepper Gomez when I was younger;I tighten my Abdominal muscles and the shot just rolls right off me to no effect.I quickly take advantage to grab him in a facelock,then lift him up,hold,and drop back with a Vertical Suplex.I pick him back up,Press him overhead,and Slam him to the mat.I am in full control and looking sharp as I scoop him back up,walk over to the ropes,and Drop him throat first across the Top Rope,the ref looks angry but it is no DQ so there is not much he can do as I pick Crews up again and toss him to the outside.I follow out and Crews suddenly comes alive,,catching me in a Standing Side Headlock,then using it to Take me down to the floor.He applies a Straddled Arm Bar and follow up by holding the Arm and Driving his Elbow into it,back to the Arm Bar,then he summons up the strength to turn me over into a Boston Crab!It's an incredibly painful experience and my back feels like it is on fire but it's not going to make me bleed any time soon so he releases the hold after a short while and Clotheslines me down.He picks me up and sets a Russian Legsweep but I elbow my way out of it,put his head down while he is stunned,and lift him into a Piledriver,right onto a nearby chair.Suprisingly,he does not bleed and when I go to lift him he fights his way back up with a few punches and tries to go behind but I turn with him and grab a Facelock.I try to drop down but he gets a foot in between my legs to block,then reverses it as he lifts me up into a Suplex,but I turn myself in mid-air and come down on top of him.We are both down for a short while and start rising at the same time,I barely beat him up,quickly grab him around the head,and deliver DDT,again onto that steel chair.Still he does not bleed and when I go to pick him up,he cradles me into a Small Package.Pins don't count of course so all it really does is ignite a short brawl until I slip a punch,Press him up over my head,and drop him throat first across the Guard Rail.I Slam his Face into the floor and pick him up for a big punch,but he ducks,then takes me up and over with a big Vertical Suplex,again onto that chair.I lay on the ground clutching at my already weakened back in obvious pain as Crews picks me up for follow up,he goes for a Russian Legsweep and I let loose with a wild shot which connects and Crews goes right down,the camera zooms in and you can see that while I was down I had slipped something into my hand!I Slam his Face into the Floor,pick him up and Slam his Face into the Ring Apron,desparately looking for him to bleed,I pick him up but he fights back,drags me onto a table,and Piledrives me right through it!This time it is I who will not bleed and Crews gets frustrated,he picks me up and drags me to another table but when he tries to drag me onto it,I double him over with a quick Kick to the Gut,scoop,and Bodyslam him through the table!Crews isn't moving much and I take full advantage,Slamming his Face off the Concrete Floor once,twice,three times;after the third time I can feel something wet all over my hands so I turn him over toward the ref(and the TV camera) so they can see the blood pouring down his face to pick up the win.While not as good as the original,it was still a somewhat decent match tat the crowd got into a little bit near the end. [B][U]Rick Rude def. Art Crews via Ref Stoppage in 14:50[/U][/B] [B]Rating:C+[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Buddy Landell def. Steve Williams The Hacksaws def. Mr.Olympia & Jim Garvin Kamala & King Kong Bundy def. Magnum T.A. & Chris Adams [B]Junkyard Dog def. Ted DiBiase for the North American Heavyweight Title[/B] Attendance: 2,651 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Ole Anderson & Mr.Wrestling II def. The Road Warriors for the National Tag Team Titles

• 1 month later...

Archived