My trip to the ER

Guest Ransik

So I had a feeling that when I was bitching about how the Oxi-Clean wasn't sealed properly by the companies when they shipped it it would come back to bite me in the ass. My manager asked me to fix a stack of boxes another employee didn't bother doing the night before, which is right in front of all the Oxi-Clean. Well apparently I didn't notice one of the canisters wasn't sealed right and it had leaked some crystals out onto the stack of boxes. I open the box... I get a ton of it in my friggin' eye. So my eye puffs out and turns bright orange... and my boss sends me to the ER (makes me drive myself no less) and I spend an hour getting my eye flushed out. That was the real torture... this thing bigger than a contact is shoved into my eye and it's hooked to a tube which is hooked to an IV bag. My eye did nothing but twitch the entire time making it hurt like a son of a bitch... and for the next week I'm gonna be half blind in my left eye. And oh yeah... I had to get a tetanus shot too! The kicker? When I brought the paperwork in to my boss so the company could foot the bill... she actually tried to get me to punch back in and finish my shift! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Honestly I could probably sue the asses off Oxi-Clean cause they don't seal the crap at all. It just has a screw lid that doesn't even stay on.

[QUOTE=Thriller;164372]Here's you should do, pop into your place of employ and throw some Oxi-Clean in your bosses eyes and then when shes on the floor screaming ask her to finish her shift. Then run. Run to the hills.[/QUOTE] Don't know why, but I actually laughed at loud over this comment!

There's really not much I can do about Dollar Tree itself... not really their fault the company that makes the stuff doesn't seal it right. That and it's automatically shipped to the Dollar Tree stores themselves... so even though it's not sealed right they can't refuse it or keep it off the shelves... although now I'm betting it gets pulled in all the stores pretty quickly especially if my sight doesn't come back. The Oxi-Clean company on the other hand... what complete moron decided it was too much of a hassle not to put a seal on a chemical? That's some gross negligence right there... money money money...

Dude, do it. Exploit it. I've half-considered getting into some legal stuff with Commerce City here in Colorado (infamous for the Purina Factory, the Waste Management plant, other industrial filth) over my cancer. Not really. I mean, I can't prove that Commerce City is the cause. But that place is a freakin' cesspool. My point: do it, do it.

Archived