Nfl Mvp

Trashbear

So, for those of you that follow the NFL, who do you think should win the MVP this year, and why? I know some people think it should go to the best player in the league, and others think it should go to actual most valuable player (like Tom Brady, even though he's not having an unbelievable year, is very valuable to his club). I personally have to go with LaDainian Tomlinson. He's having one of if not the best year any back has ever had, and his team would be screwed without him because their receiving corps hasn't had much productivity. Antonio Gates is great and Rivers is good for a young guy, but without LT that team probably isn't the class of the AFC like they are now. Although, their defense has been great for most of the year with only a few glaring exceptions.

Without question it is Ladanian Tomlinson. He is not only having the best year a RB has ever put up, it is the best all around year anyone has ever put up, and without him Phillip Rivers is forced to put the ball in the air, which he is not ready to do conistantly yet at this point in his career. You could argue Drew Brees, but I think the Saints could make it without him under center.

[QUOTE=Astil;170195]Isn't it done by conference so AFC is LT but NFC is... Drew Brees.[/QUOTE] In MLB it's done by leage so the AL and NL have an MVP each, but the NFL just has one MVP. Like, last year was Shaun Alexander, Peyton Manning won a couple of times recently too.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;168788]He is not only having the best year a RB has ever put up[/QUOTE] That part's debatable, really. While I'd agree with it, there are some who feel he hasn't had the best year ever because he's not on track for 2k rushing. He's not likely to beat Marshall Faulk's record for single season yards from scrimmage (2429) either because there's no way the Chargers play him in the last game unless the first round bye/home field is at stake. So, LT has to go to Seattle and walk out with 320 yards from scrimmage to beat Marshall's record. Possible, I guess, but I'd be inclined to doubt it. LT's the MVP this year without a doubt. Drew Brees isn't nearly as valuable to his team as LT is to the Chargers.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;170498]In MLB it's done by leage so the AL and NL have an MVP each, but the NFL just has one MVP. Like, last year was Shaun Alexander, Peyton Manning won a couple of times recently too.[/QUOTE] Are you sure... *goes to check* ah you are correct...too much Madden ruins your Football IQ... Anywho, give it to Brees, San Diego can survive without LT for a while, stick anyone else in New orleans and there back to 2-14.

[QUOTE=Astil;171483]Anywho, give it to Brees, San Diego can survive without LT for a while, stick anyone else in New orleans and there back to 2-14.[/QUOTE] lol are we watching the same Chargers team? Without a dominant running back, San Diego would have to rely on the shaky decision making of Phillip Rivers. WITH a dominant running back, Rivers doesn't have to make nearly as many critical decisions, teams can't sit on their heels and double Antonio Gates with man-shade schemes and Keenan McCardell can work an entire side of the field with 1 or 2 people in his immediate vicinity. None of that happens without a dominant running back. Michael Turner is a good back but he's not dominant. Without LT, the Chargers are 6-9 (at best) and making offseason plans. Drew Brees is having an excellent year statistically. But no one's talking about the Saints in the Super Bowl, even though they're playing in the weakest of the two conferences. The playoffs are about controlling the clock and that generally means running the football. So while gaudy stats are great, ask Peyton how much they really mean in the general scheme of things. Heck, Drew Brees isn't even the star of his own team (rookie named Bush is). The mismatches Reggie creates by his sheer presence has done a lot to contribute to Drew's stats, from what I've seen. LT in a runaway, like Troy Smith with the Heisman.

[QUOTE=Nevermore;172756]True. As a Giants fan, that was quite painful to watch![/QUOTE] You must be gutted then. I had the Giants winning the NFC East in my preseason football pool. I had no idea Tom Coughlin would lose his frickin' mind and let John Hufnagel turn them into a weak Run n' Shoot team, especially with Tiki in the backfield and Brandon Jacobs on the sideline. Eli's a good quarterback but he's not Peyton. Things wouldn't be so bad if they'd stop treating him like he is.

Amen to that! The gameplans have been shocking all season. Jacobs should have been played more regularly and sensibly, while what you say about Eli is absolutely correct. Granted, some key players (Strahan, Umenyiora, Toomer) were out but, honestly, I've never been more dissapointed in a sports team. That N'Orleans game was almost too painful to watch, man. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived