Getting into CornellVerse

For every TEW and WreSpi I have bought, I've always played with real world data, DOTT etc Now the trial is out I'd really like to give CornellVerse data a try as loads of people obviously enjoy it. Can anyone recommend me a good company top start off with to help me get to grips with it all???

I don't normally play with C-Verse, but am really enjoying a game I've just started with TCW. When I've played in the past, DAVE have always been fun as well. I think the addition of the random profiles popping up during loading times have made it MUCH easier to get into, as I'm already taking an interest in more guys than I ever have before now.

I'm a guy who likes to start out at the bottom and work his way up so I almost always start with one of the smallest promotions I can find. In 2004 it was NYCW because I'm from New York, in 2005 it was MAW (then when I failed miserably at that it was 4C). I haven't had a chance to check out 2007 yet because I'm at work but when I do I'll probably give 4C another whirl or try one of the new promotions. The reason I also suggest starting with a small promotion is that with big ones sometimes it can get overwhelming, kinda of like going surfing for the first time in ahurricane. Some other suggestions are just reading the chracter bios do it one promotion at a time for this I'd start smallest to largest, then hit the freeagent pool, Adam always seems to leave a lot of talented workers as free agents. Sometimes it's easier to start working for a promotino if you can really get an idea for one or two of their workers.

Haven't played myself with CV before, but I chose TCW, because it's an American promotion and already reached National(Cult -> National takes forever...). Storylines don't work too well in a traditional fed, so I'll have to hire some better workers to put on good matches...

Getting into the Cornellverse takes some time and commitment if you really want to play the database. Just start with one of the bigger promotions, and do your best to book the shows having to switch and check people's stats and who they would work with. Having to look at the stats constantly, as well as signing some workers that you think will be a good fit in your promotion has you learning the database in no time. There's also the random profile that was implemented on the "Next Day Loading" screen so that should help too.

Cornellverse is awesome. It's great becasue there are no expectations about where you can go. I've already made a list of guys I want to sign when I start my game in 2007. Probably spend all my time after work making a shortlist and looking at the workers.

Archived