I scoured the Help files and couldn't find anything and I don't remember seeing this on the boards...how do you take advantage of the Talent Trade feature? I'm DAVE and have a working agreement with INSPIRE, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the talent trade. Did I miss something? Was this feature disabled for the demo? Thanks for the help. EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Sorry for the post.

Well, if you've found it, could you perhaps give some insight as to what results you've gotten? I haven't been able to get any of the workers I really want. Playing as 5SSW, I tried to get Jana Marie Bowen & Tamara McFly from NOTBPW and they keep asking for people with similar popularity as those two workers (who are E- in Canada). They turn me down even when I offer them superior talent (Thunder Hike, for example). I don't really have anyone on my roster with any overness in Canada besides J.Ro (who I share with AAA) and June Butler (who they turn down).

Yeah, it doesn't work too well for smaller feds really. Nor for feds in different countries generally (due to needing a worker with similar overness in the same places as the person you want). Which is kind of a shame, since they're the two situations where it's the most benefit ¬_¬ I think the popularity thing needs to be more forgiving. Obviously you're not going to be able to trade Justin Sensitive for Sean McFly, but it sort of blunts the awesomeness of the feature to have to swap workers of identical popularity. Talent should be taken into account (an average of the most relevent stats for their style, or something), or overness in other countries. The most publicised talent trades in reality have happened between American promotions and Japanese ones, and very often the Japanese worker in question is mostly unknown in the US (how many casual wrestling fans know who Kenta Kobashi is, even after the Joe match? How many WCW fans had heard of Great Muta before his debut?). So some leeway needs to be given there, imo. Although you need some kind of restriction, otherwise it would be rediculous. So I dunno. Maybe if you offered a less popular worker, the promotion would ask for a one-off payment to make up the difference? Or something similar? I have had quite a few talent trades before (just to test them out, trades I'd never have made in a "real" game. Like Sean McFly for Ricky Dale Johnson, which is possibly the worst trade ever ¬_¬), and it is a cool feature. It just seems a bit to restrictive at the moment in terms of overseas trades (including US/Canada trades). RoH to TNA sized trades, for example, work fine. Edit: Of course, there is the arguement that if you're a small fed, they shouldn't be on written contracts anyway, so if you have a working agreement, just sign them to a PPA deal ¬_¬ But that doesn't solve overseas trades.

The people I wanted from INSPIRE were unavailable for one reason or another (title holder, owner, massively expensive per shot), but I did bring in Samoan Machine to wrestle his partner, Rhino Umaga. It's nice to do and I can see the potential benefits, but I think D-Lyrium makes some good points as far as the guidelines go. I think something like, 2-for-1 trades would be good. "Hey man, I'll trade you Art Reed and Joey Minnesota for Marat Khoklov."

Well, I played around with promotion size (boosting 5SSW up to National at one point) to see if maybe it was a promotion size issue and didn't get any different results. It's not that big a deal to me right now since I plan to develop quite a few of 5SSW's workers in more areas than just Japan (starting with Quebec or Ontario). 5SSW is unique in that they start with several top shelf talents on written contracts (Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike, Crusher Ichihara, etc). I really wish product had some kind of role in the talent trade decision making process. I mean really, Sensational Ogiwara vs. Victoria Stone would blow the roof off a NOTBPW show, even with Ogiwara not having any overness in Canada. That wouldn't be the case in a SWF or CGC. No owner in his/her right mind would turn down an Ogiwara for Tamara McFly trade. Ah well, baby steps. Great to have the feature in the game in the first place. There's room for improvement in later editions.

Archived